• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

mkmelee

Smash Lord
****, I came to this thread wanting to post info about Itadaki Street, but I guess I was late...

Other than the fact that Hoops was developed by SE, I see no reason for Geno to be in it. He's never been one of the regular cast in spinoff games like Mario Sports, or Mario Party, and cameos or "rebirths" of older characters aren't typical of those games.

Smash on the other hand is perfect for a reappearance of an older character, and so I'd say Geno has a fairly good chance compared to other characters. Probably not more than 30%, but that's not bad. There's also a good possibility that he could become co-owned by Nintendo and Square Enix.

Oh and Stryks, next time in English please...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You know what gives Geno most credence for being in? The fact that he tied for second place in the official poll held by the director of the game. The only character who outright beat him in number of votes was King Dedede, a character who, frankly, most of us expected to appear in the game anyway. Assuming Sakurai was actually listening to the suggestions and planned to use the poll as a valid means of determining which characters people actually want, Geno has very, very good chances.

The rest of that stuff is bull, as far as I'm concerned. No, he didn't appear in Hoops, but did the director of Hoops hold a poll asking if people wanted Geno in? No. Geno isn't really part of the Final Fantasy universe, so of course he hasn't appeared in a FF game. And he's owned by Square, so of course he hasn't appeared in Mario games (except for when he did).

There's absolutely no reason that Geno can't appear. If Sakurai was really listening to the fans, and he thinks Geno should be in, he'll make it happen. Smash Brothers is one of the BIGGEST series Nintendo has going for it. Ergo, they're going to do what the director says to make sure that they make lots and lots of money off of it. If that includes getting the rights to put Geno in the game, they're going to do it.

El HP

Smash Ace
I don't think games use polls to choose characters as far as I know, seeing the poor sales the gamecube had in japan therefore less copies of smash sold I can't see nintendo taking much consideration on the japanese market yes I know japan is a big market but it can't compare to the american market.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I don't think games use polls to choose characters as far as I know, seeing the poor sales the gamecube had in japan therefore less copies of smash sold I can't see nintendo taking much consideration on the japanese market yes I know japan is a big market but it can't compare to the american market.
I don't know if anybody told you this yet, pal, but Brawl is coming out on the Wii. Not the Gamecube. Gamecube sales don't really have much to do with this.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Regardless of total sales, Melee was THE best-selling game on Gamecube.

And obviously you don't know about this, so I'll reexplain it.:::

The director of the game asked Japanese gamers who they wanted to see in Brawl.

Now, let me highlight the important parts of that sentence.

Again, the DIRECTOR took this poll. He wasn't expecting to work on this game, and so to do it, he asked the fans what they wanted to see. It wasn't just characters, he also asked for stage and song ideas as well. We have a whole topic dedicated to it, just Search for it.

If you want to argue for no reason, that's fine, but at least argue about something you actually KNOW something about:

El HP said:
I can't see nintendo taking much consideration on the japanese market
Yeah, Nintendo probably doesn't care much about the Japanese market. That's probably why they asked them for ideas

So, based on THAT poll (that was taken by the director), Geno has very GOOD chances.

El HP

Smash Ace
I don't know if anybody told you this yet, pal, but Brawl is coming out on the Wii. Not the Gamecube. Gamecube sales don't really have much to do with this.
Pay more attention to my post what I meant is that melee had a lot more sales outside of japan and the same will happen with brawl.

Regardless of total sales, Melee was THE best-selling game on Gamecube.

And obviously you don't know about this, so I'll reexplain it.:::

Now, let me highlight the important parts of that sentence.

Again, the DIRECTOR took this poll. He wasn't expecting to work on this game, and so to do it, he asked the fans what they wanted to see. It wasn't just characters, he also asked for stage and song ideas as well. We have a whole topic dedicated to it, just Search for it.

If you want to argue for no reason, that's fine, but at least argue about something you actually KNOW something about:
I think I mentioned the poll in my post I knew about it long time ago.

Again what game ever used a poll to make choices of what elements should be introduced?

Yeah, Nintendo probably doesn't care much about the Japanese market. That's probably why they asked them for ideas
And where are those ideas the director asked to japanese gamers? developers will make the choices not fans who asked for Ice Climbers, Marth, Roy, G&W etc in melee I don't think anyone did.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Pay more attention to my post what I meant is that melee had a lot more sales outside of japan and the same will happen with brawl.

I think I mentioned the poll in my post I knew about it long time ago.

Again what game ever used a poll to make choices of what elements should be introduced?

And where are those ideas the director asked to japanese gamers? developers will make the choices not fans who asked for Ice Climbers, Marth, Roy, G&W etc in melee I don't think anyone did.
I dont know any game every used a poll, but Brawl is one of them, the polls results well be used to choose what character the people want to c, and which one they will include...

the other part, yes not many asked for those characters, but Ive bet he'll take in considiration this poll far more than the one used in melee (they used a poll rite?) seeing how this COULD be the last smash...

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
How long can you people keep talking about one person that you hope is in Brawl?
Also I never got how he made the doll he possessed grow more than double it's originl size.

El HP

Smash Ace
That proves my point even more because you see Wario was on top of Ganon and we know what happened in melee, IC, G&W, Dr Mario, Roy the last three don't even appear in that poll, the IC are nowhere near the top 20 and yeah goomba, magikoopa and koopa troopa were higher than Geno so I confirm he has no chance in hell.

James Bond was on top of Geno LOL.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Yeah, Wario was above Ganon, and Ganon made it in first. Wario was thought of as an addition to Melee, but they ran out of time, as stated in the melee poll thread a few posts above this one.

But considering the number of logical choices left in these polls, Geno has a fairly good chance to get in, as most of the reasonable characters made it into melee, and will probably find themselves in Brawl as well. When you really come down to it, who's really above Geno in the third party besides Sonic and Snake? Unless you're considering Megaman, who I can't see in a Smash bros game very well, Geno's the second most highly requested third party character, and he's only starred in one game as a playable character. How's that for fanbase?

Sure, I know Geno's not a shoo-in for Brawl, granted his position in third party limbo, but he has a much higher chance of making it than you give him credit for.

Also, for James Bond being above Geno, this poll was fairly close to the time Goldeneye 007 and Tomorrow Never Dies (Was that the name?) came out, back when Bond was popular in the N64 FPS series. Since then he's died and vanished from the scenes completely, as he hasn't really appeared in the Brawl poll. With him was just a fad obviously, but multiple years after SMRPG came out, people STILL want Geno in Brawl? And as stated, has only had one game and created such a huge fanbase?

I'm sure Sakurai won't disappoint either way.

El HP

Smash Ace
Yeah, Wario was above Ganon, and Ganon made it in first. Wario was thought of as an addition to Melee, but they ran out of time, as stated in the melee poll thread a few posts above this one.
If the poll was taken into consideration Wario should have been higher priority than Ganon and others characters like marth and that doesn't seem to be the case and that's only one example.

But considering the number of logical choices left in these polls, Geno has a fairly good chance to get in, as most of the reasonable characters made it into melee, and will probably find themselves in Brawl as well. When you really come down to it, who's really above Geno in the third party besides Sonic and Snake? Unless you're considering Megaman, who I can't see in a Smash bros game very well, Geno's the second most highly requested third party character, and he's only starred in one game as a playable character. How's that for fanbase?
Take Sonic for example his name sells so the question is why would they choose Geno if they can bring a newer audience to buy Brawl? and no I don't like Sonic but obviously Nintendo wants to sell as many copies as they can.

Also, for James Bond being above Geno, this poll was fairly close to the time Goldeneye 007 and Tomorrow Never Dies (Was that the name?) came out, back when Bond was popular in the N64 FPS series. Since then he's died and vanished from the scenes completely, as he hasn't really appeared in the Brawl poll. With him was just a fad obviously, but multiple years after SMRPG came out, people STILL want Geno in Brawl? And as stated, has only had one game and created such a huge fanbase?
James Bond was like a joke is obvious a movie character won't appear in smash but even so he was higher than most characters and shows how stupid that poll is, if someone knows Geno is because he appeared in a Mario game so he is not known by his own merits, if he has such huge fanbase why he never appeared in new a game?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Because he was owned by Square, but was a character of the Mario Universe. This means that Nintendo couldn't use him legally unless they got permission from Square (WHICH THEY DID, lest you forget. Check the first post of this topic.), and Square didn't use him in their games because he's a Mario character.

Kirye

Smash Ace
If the poll was taken into consideration Wario should have been higher priority than Ganon and others characters like marth and that doesn't seem to be the case and that's only one example.
Not precisely. Just because the character had more votes doesn't mean he wouldn't fit in as well. Geno would fit in, the fans want him, he's a possible character, AND he was on the melee poll, and the Brawl poll. The ones with the highest votes on melee were who? Wario, Metaknight, Pit? Sound familiar? After many years from the games release, and 2 separate polls for a Smash bros game, Geno is still wanted.

Take Sonic for example his name sells so the question is why would they choose Geno if they can bring a newer audience to buy Brawl? and no I don't like Sonic but obviously Nintendo wants to sell as many copies as they can.
Geno would sell too. Also, if Nintendo bought the rights to Geno, he could be included in future games, mainly the Mario RPGs (Paper Mario and the twins RPG), SMRPG for the virtual console would also be more repped than it already is with veteran gamers from the SNES age. What's to say someone like Geno in Brawl wouldn't sell? He's a popular character, OBVIOUSLY it would.

James Bond was like a joke is obvious a movie character won't appear in smash but even so he was higher than most characters and shows how stupid that poll is, if someone knows Geno is because he appeared in a Mario game so he is not known by his own merits, if he has such huge fanbase why he never appeared in new a game?
Bond was also one of the more popular games back then. And as you already know, considering it's been stated multiple times in these 100 pages, Nintendo and Square CANNOT use Geno, as he's a mix in between. Games like Hoops and Itadami(Spelling?) involve the mascots, like Moogles and Black Mage, Geno isn't a character to use for something dumb like a basketball game, rather to be brought back into the Marioverse as the character he is. Square has also already lent them Geno once, Square isn't gonna use Geno anytime soon, what'd be the problem selling Nintendo the rights to the character?

El HP

Smash Ace
Because he was owned by Square, but was a character of the Mario Universe. This means that Nintendo couldn't use him legally unless they got permission from Square (WHICH THEY DID, lest you forget. Check the first post of this topic.), and Square didn't use him in their games because he's a Mario character.
I know he is owned by Square but like I said why if he has that huge fanbase you mention why Nintendo never bothered to own the rights of him? I mean what is stopping them? they got the resources after all.

El HP

Smash Ace
Not precisely. Just because the character had more votes doesn't mean he wouldn't fit in as well. Geno would fit in, the fans want him, he's a possible character, AND he was on the melee poll, and the Brawl poll. The ones with the highest votes on melee were who? Wario, Metaknight, Pit? Sound familiar? After many years from the games release, and 2 separate polls for a Smash bros game, Geno is still wanted.
That doesn't prove anything Nintendo is having less characters to choose from as more were incorporated in melee so they have to choose what is left.

Geno would sell too. Also, if Nintendo bought the rights to Geno, he could be included in future games, mainly the Mario RPGs (Paper Mario and the twins RPG), SMRPG for the virtual console would also be more repped than it already is with veteran gamers from the SNES age. What's to say someone like Geno in Brawl wouldn't sell? He's a popular character, OBVIOUSLY it would.
Geno won't sell because he doesn't have his own game he is a secondary character why you think Nintendo agreed incorporating Snake? to bring metal gear fans to buy smash which are millions.

Bond was also one of the more popular games back then. And as you already know, considering it's been stated multiple times in these 100 pages, Nintendo and Square CANNOT use Geno, as he's a mix in between. Games like Hoops and Itadami(Spelling?) involve the mascots, like Moogles and Black Mage, Geno isn't a character to use for something dumb like a basketball game, rather to be brought back into the Marioverse as the character he is. Square has also already lent them Geno once, Square isn't gonna use Geno anytime soon, what'd be the problem selling Nintendo the rights to the character?
As I have stated before if Nintendo were interested in Geno they would adquire the rights of him.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
El HP said:
Geno won't sell because he doesn't have his own game he is a secondary character why you think Nintendo agreed incorporating Snake? to bring metal gear fans to buy smash which are millions.
So the Ice Climbers were brought in to bring in millions of... Ice Climber fans? Yeah, they're a huge fanbase.

And of course, since the Game & Watch games are still in production and all, Nintendo was trying to rep those, and advertise them.

Don't forget about Ness, either, whose game was a financial failure and whose sequel was never released in the US. Yeah, his millions of fans are definitely the reason he was included.

The truth of the matter is that you have no idea what you're talking about. There is absolutely no reason that Geno can't be in. He is a hugely popular character, and Nintendo can easily acquire the rights to him. Gamers from all around the world want him in the game, and Sakurai has been listening to the fans.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Don't forget about Ness, either, whose game was a financial failure and whose sequel was never released in the US. Yeah, his millions of fans are definitely the reason he was
Errm... actually the Earthbound/Mother fanbase is actually quite large. Perhaps not 'millions' big, but it's definately huge. Also, from what I've come to understand Reggie is working on getting Mother 3 translated for a US release.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, or anything. Just correcting that one point.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
True, in Japan it sold fairly well. But in the US it completely bombed, which is why Mother 3 being translated isn't really a priority for Nintendo. Fans are translating it faster than Nintendo is. El HP's whole point is that Nintendo isn't going to listen to the Japanese audience, because they're too small.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Fans are translating it faster than Nintendo is. .
Yeah, you have a point there. Besides, El HP's point is void anyway, because Snake was added more as a sign of friendship between Miyamoto and Kojima. It had very little, if anything at all, to do with sales or bringing in fans.

El HP

Smash Ace
So the Ice Climbers were brought in to bring in millions of... Ice Climber fans? Yeah, they're a huge fanbase.

And of course, since the Game & Watch games are still in production and all, Nintendo was trying to rep those, and advertise them.

Don't forget about Ness, either, whose game was a financial failure and whose sequel was never released in the US. Yeah, his millions of fans are definitely the reason he was included.
Im clearly talking about third party please pay more attention besides if I remember on GBA the Ice Climbers game was re-released a new G&W gallery game appeared on GBA and a compilation of Mother 1 & Mother 2 not to mention Mother 3 also on GBA.

The truth of the matter is that you have no idea what you're talking about. There is absolutely no reason that Geno can't be in. He is a hugely popular character, and Nintendo can easily acquire the rights to him. Gamers from all around the world want him in the game, and Sakurai has been listening to the fans.
And then again why they don't do it if Geno is so great as you say? what's the excuse? heck they don't even need to buy his rights as proven in the little cameo he had in mario & luigi the only thing that comes to mind is that Nintendo is not interested.

El HP's whole point is that Nintendo isn't going to listen to the Japanese audience, because they're too small.
Not only the japenese because they are developing the game not fans.

but you cant forget about marth + roy either then...of course they were popular in the us before melee!!!!
Yeah I remember they were advertisement for the American and European market when Nintendo started to localize the series outside japan not to mention Roy never appeared in a game before smash.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Im clearly talking about third party please pay more attention besides if I remember on GBA the Ice Climbers game was re-released a new G&W gallery game appeared on GBA and a compilation of Mother 1 & Mother 2 not to mention Mother 3 also on GBA.
Ness isn't in Mother 3. And also, re-released GBA ports do not count as separate games.

And then again why they don't do it if Geno is so great as you say? what's the excuse? heck they don't even need to buy his rights as proven in the little cameo he had in mario & luigi the only thing that comes to mind is that Nintendo is not interested.
Most likely because there hasn't been another Super Mario RPG game to put Geno into. Either way, that's neither here nor there, since it doesn't really matter who has the rights to him.

Not only the japenese because they are developing the game not fans.
Yeah, because what developer would ever want to do something as stupid as make a game that fans would actually enjoy, right?

El HP, either learn what you're talking about or stop talkling altogether. Everything you've been saying against Geno has been based on either ignorance or opinion.

El HP

Smash Ace
Yeah, you have a point there. Besides, El HP's point is void anyway, because Snake was added more as a sign of friendship between Miyamoto and Kojima. It had very little, if anything at all, to do with sales or bringing in fans.
Yeah sure we know developers create games for charity(sarcasm).

Ness isn't in Mother 3. And also, re-released GBA ports do not count as separate games.
I know Ness is not in Mother3 but his appereance helped to make the series more recognized many had no idea the series even existed, they might not be new games but they count as sales.

Most likely because there hasn't been another Super Mario RPG game to put Geno into. Either way, that's neither here nor there, since it doesn't really matter who has the rights to him.
What about paper mario or mario & luigi? aren't those RPG? besides he can appear in other games like spin-offs where he comes from.

El HP, either learn what you're talking about or stop talkling altogether. Everything you've been saying against Geno has been based on either ignorance or opinion.
You are the one being ignorant here believing developers care about gamers they care about your money, my friend my arguments are valid you are the one who hasn't stated a single valid argument.

GenG

Smash Lord
He does appears with his buddies in the New Pork cinema as a minor, yet nice, cameo. Also, his cap is an actual headgear and you can buy it in the same town.

Stryks

Smash Hero
1)Yeah sure we know developers create games for charity(sarcasm).

2)I know Ness is not in Mother3 but his appereance helped to make the series more recognized many had no idea the series even existed, they might not be new games but they count as sales.

3)What about paper mario or mario & luigi? aren't those RPG? besides he can appear in other games like spin-offs where he comes from.

4)You are the one being ignorant here believing developers care about gamers they care about your money, my friend my arguments are valid you are the one who hasn't stated a single valid argument.
1) well it seems ur ********, they didnt add snake for charity, kojima begged sakurai to put snake in, he couldnt in melee, and when he started developing Brawl, he remembered and add him, thus now 3rd parties can get in, believe this has nothing to do with charity or to raise sells of MG games, also MGS4 seems to be the last MG, and since it wont appear on the wii, u saying they added snake so MGS4 would sell more on the ps3? ... ********...

2) Meh dont know about mother wont give opinion here

3) He means a sequel to super mario rpg (I believe)

4) No sir, U havent given a valid arguement, ur just being ********, saying they add snake to raise sells, and the developers DO care about the gamers, whose gonna buy brawl? the GAMERS, they have to make a game that pleases (sp?) the gamers, to thus sell more games and they will get payed more, but at the end theyre doing all this for the gamers...

El HP

Smash Ace
1) well it seems ur ********, they didnt add snake for charity, kojima begged sakurai to put snake in, he couldnt in melee, and when he started developing Brawl, he remembered and add him, thus now 3rd parties can get in, believe this has nothing to do with charity or to raise sells of MG games, also MGS4 seems to be the last MG, and since it wont appear on the wii, u saying they added snake so MGS4 would sell more on the ps3? ... ********...
Do you even read and think before you post? I was talking that Snake appereance is a bussines matter to get the MG fans to buy Brawl just like Link appereance in Soul Calibur II helped to get higher sales.

4) No sir, U havent given a valid arguement, ur just being ********, saying they add snake to raise sells, and the developers DO care about the gamers, whose gonna buy brawl? the GAMERS, they have to make a game that pleases (sp?) the gamers, to thus sell more games and they will get payed more, but at the end theyre doing all this for the gamers...
My arguments are valid not like yours who just repeats the same crap over and over again OMG Geno is the million seller he is so great , Geno is no more than a second rate character who's been dead for more than decade.

Why if developers care for gamers we didn't get Brawl as a launch title as they promised? why we don't get any new info? why there's not even a solid release date? why developers delayed Zelda TP a year just to make it appear on Wii? Why developers canceled Super Paper Mario on GC just to port it to Wii? open yours eyes and don't be so fool.

Vaya con Dios.

Stryks

Smash Hero
We didnt get brawl for launch, cause when they said that, they havent even BEGON developing the game, month or 2 l8r the team begun developing it...
They arent giving us a release date so the game would be far more hyped, just like with MP3, BWii, Galaxy and other greats...

They delayed the game so they can fix the errors, make the visuals far better and make the game more excited to *take note* PLEASSE THE GAMERS

Why did they canceled super paper mario on GC and take it to the wii? simple a lot of people now have wiis, and now the GC is practically dead, people are either keepin the GC, saving for a next gen console or selling the GC, if they would have brought it to the GC, the sales would have been lowered and less people would have been able to play it, the exact same thing happen with the original paper mairo in N64, so they decided to port it to the wii and allow more people to play it...

and Understand the put snake in cause kojima BEGGED HIM TO DO IT, not for sales, not for nothing, hes in cause kojima beeged, yes mgs fans are gonna buy brawl, still he added him cause he was asked to...

Vaya con dios? ok porfa ahora LEE BEIN POR UNA VEZ!

El HP

Smash Ace
We didnt get brawl for launch, cause when they said that, they havent even BEGON developing the game, month or 2 l8r the team begun developing it...
They arent giving us a release date so the game would be far more hyped, just like with MP3, BWii, Galaxy and other greats...
But they did say it Satoru Iwata the president of Nintendo I mean why he did that? if he knew that wasn't possible? more hype you say the Wii is on a terrible game drough they are giving reasons to sell the console to someone who owns one instead to keep it.

Why did they canceled super paper mario on GC and take it to the wii? simple a lot of people now have wiis, and now the GC is practically dead, people are either keepin the GC, saving for a next gen console or selling the GC, if they would have brought it to the GC, the sales would have been lowered and less people would have been able to play it, the exact same thing happen with the original paper mairo in N64, so they decided to port it to the wii and allow more people to play it...
There are more gamecubes on the market than Wiis and that was shown when the GC version of TP sold more than the Wii even when shipmentes were limited and nintendo didn't advertised the GC version, they did because the Wii line up to this date sucks and what bothers me the most is the fact that they are making you pay 50$ for a gamecube game with gimmicks controls they didn't even bother improving the graphics, paper mario 64? what are you talking about?

and Understand the put snake in cause kojima BEGGED HIM TO DO IT, not for sales, not for nothing, hes in cause kojima beeged, yes mgs fans are gonna buy brawl, still he added him cause he was asked to...
I know Kojima requested Snake but for what reasons? just to see him appear in brawl? I doubt it.

Vaya con dios? ok porfa ahora LEE BEIN POR UNA VEZ!
You don't get the message right?

Kirye

Smash Ace
Do you even read and think before you post? I was talking that Snake appereance is a bussines matter to get the MG fans to buy Brawl just like Link appereance in Soul Calibur II helped to get higher sales.
And that wouldn't happen with a character who has millions of fans, why?

My arguments are valid not like yours who just repeats the same crap over and over again OMG Geno is the million seller he is so great , Geno is no more than a second rate character who's been dead for more than decade.
So were the Ice Climbers and Pit according to your view, your point? Also, Geno being 'second rate' is your opinion, making it irrelevant.

Why if developers care for gamers we didn't get Brawl as a launch title as they promised? why we don't get any new info? why there's not even a solid release date? why developers delayed Zelda TP a year just to make it appear on Wii? Why developers canceled Super Paper Mario on GC just to port it to Wii? open yours eyes and don't be so fool.
Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy XII, Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros. Melee, the list goes ON with games that get pushed back, it happens, for people who've been around since the Atari and NES times, i'm way used to it. Hell, Advent Children got pushed back, what, 2-3 years? As for new info, I know we're needy, but think about it. Brawl is one of those games that surprises you, and what's Nintendo good at? Surprising people. Did we expect Game and Watch in Melee? Hell no, but we got him. Did we expect Nintendo to change the name of their new gen from the Revolution to the Wii? Nope, not at all. That's what Nintendo's about, surprises, that's why this forum's here in the first place, for us to take second hand guesses at who's gonna be in.

Also, the Wii's capabilities surpass the GCs, and the GC has long since been dead, releasing Super Paper Mario on the GC would've had less sales than porting it on the Wii. Also, TP selling more on the GC is obvious, GC's been out longer, it costs about 50$ to get one, the Wii's were selling out like mad, and everyone who bought a Wii for their personal use bought Twilight Princess along with it, but of course does not surpass the number of Gamecubes in the world, as GC's been out far longer. That's like saying if FFXII was released on PS3 and PS2, why didn't it sell more on the PS3? Cause everyone and their mother owns a PS2.

But they did say it Satoru Iwata the president of Nintendo I mean why he did that? if he knew that wasn't possible? more hype you say the Wii is on a terrible game drough they are giving reasons to sell the console to someone who owns one instead to keep it.
I couldn't understand that, please rephrase it.

There are more gamecubes on the market than Wiis and that was shown when the GC version of TP sold more than the Wii even when shipmentes were limited and nintendo didn't advertised the GC version, they did because the Wii line up to this date sucks and what bothers me the most is the fact that they are making you pay 50$ for a gamecube game with gimmicks controls they didn't even bother improving the graphics, paper mario 64? what are you talking about?
Already replied to most of this. As for the Wii line up, yeah, we know, that's also a completely different subject, story, and way off topic, what does this have to do with Geno?

I know Kojima requested Snake but for what reasons? just to see him appear in brawl? I doubt it.
If you were the personal creator of a character, and one of your good friends created a game that pits characters from many games together into one huge fight, wouldn't you want your character in? To see how the great Solid Snake would fit in in a mass fighting game?

And last but not least, porque estamos hablando espa? x.x

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Seeing McFox's rabid man-love for Geno has inspired me to borrow SMRPG from a friend, and I must say I'm fantastically impressed with the game, and sincerely hope Geno makes it in Brawl as this gen's darkhorse. He is a divinely animated object, his moves revolve around celestial power, and numerous gameplay references can be gleaned directly from his moves in SMRPG. And I just made a pretty darn good Mii of him.

Geno isn't in the forefront of the gaming community right now, but his inclusion is, at all events, possible.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
El HP said:
Actually, his cameo in Mario & Luigi proves that Nintendo IS interested. There was no reason to go to Square-Enix and get the rights to put him in that game unless they WERE interested in him.

El HP said:
What about paper mario or mario & luigi? aren't those RPG? besides he can appear in other games like spin-offs where he comes from.
BECAUSE HE WAS OWNED BY SQUARE.

Which part of that is unclear? Sakurai's poll and Geno's cameo in Mario & Luigi are what he has going for him, which is much more than most characters do.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Geno seems like a nice character addition. He's got plenty of moves, and despite having only one major appearance as a side character in a relatively obscure game he's still popular, so he's got charisma as well. The problem is in the Square conection.
Sakurai, and by association Nintendo, have every reason to want to see Geno in Brawl, but Square probably sees things differently. Number one, they don't like nintendo, and haven't since the playstation first came out. Secondly, Geno is pretty low on the list so far as square is concerned. Why would they want Geno to represent them? He's popular, but he can only really appeal to a nintendo-oriented crowd, considering his game history. It seems to me that square would opt for someone with slightly broader horizons. Like Sora. He's one of the very, very small number of square characters to ever get a true sequal, and possibly the only one to get two. Plus, he's popular, and I can guarantee he's known to more people than Geno.
It's not that Geno doesn't have a chance, because I think he does, but I think it may be easy to forget just how small that chance really is.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Sakurai, and by association Nintendo, have every reason to want to see Geno in Brawl, but Square probably sees things differently. Number one, they don't like nintendo, and haven't since the playstation first came out.
False. Do you know how many Square games are coming out for Nintendo now? They collaborated on Mario Hoops: 3 on 3. Square and Nintendo are buddies again, likely due to the fact that being friends will bring money to both of them.

Secondly, Geno is pretty low on the list so far as square is concerned. Why would they want Geno to represent them? He's popular, but he can only really appeal to a nintendo-oriented crowd, considering his game history.
This isn't about representing anybody. This is NINTENDO'S game. Ergo, Nintendo asks for the characters that THEY want to appear. If the owning company doesn't agree, then that's it. This is not about representation. Snake is not in to represent anyone, he's in because his owner is friends with Sakurai, and they thought it would be cool to put him in the game.

It seems to me that square would opt for someone with slightly broader horizons. Like Sora. He's one of the very, very small number of square characters to ever get a true sequal, and possibly the only one to get two. Plus, he's popular, and I can guarantee he's known to more people than Geno.
He's also owned by Disney, not Square. He's got a MUCH lower chance than Geno.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
This isn't about representing anybody. This is NINTENDO'S game. Ergo, Nintendo asks for the characters that THEY want to appear. If the owning company doesn't agree, then that's it. This is not about representation. Snake is not in to represent anyone, he's in because his owner is friends with Sakurai, and they thought it would be cool to put him in the game.
Yes, that's true. Snake is in the game because Kojima is friends with Sakurai. But how many other characters creators is Sakurai friends with? If another third party character gets in, it gets in based on some other merit besides friendship, agreed? Now, I'm assuming that this would mean that development companies will be brough into things, and any kind of company very rarely does anything without reason or chance for profit. That's why I'm trying to look at this from a more corporate angle.
Also, a good while ago Miyamoto was asked in an interview about Sonic appearing in Brawl. Miyamoto said that although he knew that Sonic was a very popular choice, Sega had yet to contact either himself or Sakurai and thus nothing had been done as of the time of the interview
Now, I'll take this to mean that nintendo isn't approaching anybody; just like with snake, the creator or company must go to nintendo with the idea first. So who from sega will go to nintendo? And which character will they propose? Geno? Perhaps, I only suggest that perhaps they would instead suggest a more recent or more popular character, that's all.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Uhh im not sure I got that last part... ur saying geno is from sega?

Anyway geno is totally a diferent story from other 3rd aprties, he belongs in the marioverse, but at the same time hes 3rd party, never the less nintendo seems to be interested, he did made a camoe appearance in M&L superstar saga, so theres a high chance, seeing how geno is so popular even tough he has only made one appaearance (a cameo btw) since SMRPG, nintendo wil lsurely try to get rights of geno...

Top Bottom