• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Let's better talk about Nintendo pledging to Square to use Geno, and how Square would blackmail Nintendo if they deny the request to put Moggle or Cactuar in Brawl.

Your imaginative conspirations surrounding the Geno issue are totally genius. You can write a book with all the details, "the Geno Conspiracy". Best seller.
Final Fantasy > Geno in terms of popularity (...and number of games, money involved, value as a franchise/trademark, and a billion other things). This is a fact.

Ditto for Dragon Quest.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Final Fantasy > Geno in terms of popularity (...and number of games, money involved, value as a franchise/trademark, and a billion other things). This is a fact.

Ditto for Dragon Quest.
Does that also counts for Nintendo fans, aka the people who are BUYING Brawl? ;>_>

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette

Ditto for Dragon Quest.
But Geno is different than other 3rd party characters. He actually is part of Nintendo's history; he's part of Mario's history. He was also the most-mentioned 3rd party character in Sakurai's poll.

GenG

Smash Lord
The fact is there isn't any Final Fantasy character (from I to VI) on any Nintendo console that could rivalize Geno in a Nintendo All-Stars game, for Nintendo hardcore fans.

Super Mario RPG sold 2.14 million worlwide, and has a great fanbase in both USA and Japan. It sold 600k in the USA, much more than MOTHER 2 in both markets combined, yet Ness is a featured character. The sales doesn't count how much popular has the game become since the boom of emulators. Most people is requesting him in both sides, and that's what counts (Sakurai polls, E3 interviews, etc).

El HP

Smash Ace
Why do you think the game sold well because of Geno? of course not the game sold because has the Mario name in it. And Geno is not part of nintendo history because if that was the case we would be seeing references of mario rpg in the newest mario games and so far that is not the case we dont even see a trophy of mario rpg yet we see a paper mario one just shows how much nintendo cares about that game.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Why do you think the game sold well because of Geno? of course not the game sold because has the Mario name in it. And Geno is not part of nintendo history because if that was the case we would be seeing references of mario rpg in the newest mario games and so far that is not the case we dont even see a trophy of mario rpg yet we see a paper mario one just shows how much nintendo cares about that game.
You're trying to interpret this entirely the wrong way.

Super Mario RPG was a terrific game that was a combination of effort from two of the greatest game developers at the time, Nintendo and Squaresoft. The game sold extremely well, and Geno is the most popular character in the game.

That's why we want Geno in. He's a fantastic character that represents a perfect unison of game developers. He is perfect for this game. All Nintendo has to do is say, "Sup, Square, can I borrow him for a game? We'll give you like, a billion dollars."

GenG

Smash Lord
The game sold well because it was a great game, with a lot of hype behind. Geno is one of the most interesting characters of the Mario universe, and reps Mario RPG very well. Although you can simply swap him for another character, most of the Mario RPG plot is set around Geno, and so the ending. He made the game even more loveable.

Both Mario & Luigi and Partners in Time shares people who were in Mario RPG original staff, and Geno makes a cameo appareance.

There isn't any trophy of Mario RPG in Melee because Mario RPG isn't owned by Nintendo, and their relationship with Square was weak back then. Now it's different, Square-Enix and Nintendo are working together again, even with Mario/Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest crossovers.

Brawl can make possible this anticipated return.

And Sakurai seems pretty interested in Geno. The 5 or 6 entries about Geno in the poll are very passionate, Japanese players have fond memories of this game, because it mixed their favourite genre (RPG) with one of their most loved characters (Mario) resulting in a somewhat moving game.

So, this is exploitable fan material, you know.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Careful. You're going to inspire the wrath of all the Geno supporters who claim Geno (who isn't even the first character to join your party) is more of a main character in Super Mario RPG than Mario is (you know, the guy you're not allowed to ever take out of the party and that you control outside of battle 100% of the time).

Ya, Midna is to TP Link as Geno is to SMRPG Mario. Even though you're the hero, you take a sort of second person perspective in the overall story.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi are both BASED of Super Mario RPG, and use a similair battle system. Ofcoarse we don't have any thropies or SMRPG references in todays Mario games, because Nintendo doesn't own Super Mario RPG, Sqaure does.

Did you know that in Melee, Peach's Fsmash is all based from SMRPG? In SMRPG, Peach uses frying pans, parasols, and those sort of items as weapons... And I'm pretty sure that they didn't made up her UpB either...

And ofcoarse, Geno above all SMRPG characters got a cameo in Mario & Luigi for GBA. So Nintendo is still using some things from SMRPG, but limited because they don't own it... Which could be changed if Geno would be in Brawl...

I myself am not expecting Geno either, but I sure would like to see him.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
The fact is there isn't any Final Fantasy character (from I to VI) on any Nintendo console that could rivalize Geno in a Nintendo All-Stars game, for Nintendo hardcore fans.
Of course, that will be the case if Geno is included as a first party character. But third party characters aren't about "Nintendo Hardcore fans". Snake, a character who wasn't born on a Nintendo system and only has marginal ties to it at best now, is proof of that. If Geno is included as a 3rd party character, then it's not about being a Nintendo All-Stars character and he will thus have to compete with all of Square's other more markee characters for a slot in (assuming Square is even one of the third parties at all).

Even if he were to be included as a first party character, Geno as a Mario character must compete with the LEGIONS of other Mario characters out there for positioning, each with their own levels of hardcore Nintendo fandom (and casual Nintendo fandom, because I highly doubt Sakurai only wants to appeal to the "hardcore") as well as no trademark hurdles to overcome. I am quite positive Sakurai does not want to include too many characters from one franchise (otherwise he wouldn't have barred Meta Knight from being in the game due to being too worried about too many Kirby characters, etc)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Of course, that will be the case if Geno is included as a first party character. But if Geno is included as a 3rd party character, then it's not about being a Nintendo All-Stars character and he will thus have to compete with all of Square's other more markee characters for a slot in (assuming Square is even one of the third parties at all). Snake, a character who wasn't born on a Nintendo system and only has marginal ties to it at best now, is proof of that.

Even if he were to be included as a first party character, Geno as a Mario character must compete with the LEGIONS of other Mario characters out there for positioning, each with their own levels of hardcore Nintendo fandom (and casual Nintendo fandom, because I highly doubt Sakurai only wants to appeal to the "hardcore"). I am quite positive Sakurai does not want to include too many characters from one franchise (otherwise he wouldn't have barred Meta Knight from being in the game due to being too worried about too many Kirby characters, etc)
Snake was added as a friendly gesture not as a serious addition. Although he has limited ties they are there. Geno gives more to Nintendo then FF characters by being included in a Mario (Nintendo mascot) game and he is a 3rd party character that has only appeared on Nintendo systems (strange how that works out).

As for Mario characters going ahead of him, name one character that deserves to get in over him.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Snake was added as a friendly gesture not as a serious addition. Although he has limited ties they are there. Geno gives more to Nintendo then FF characters by being included in a Mario (Nintendo mascot) game
Last I checked, Sonic didn't have anything to actually do with Nintendo either, yet Miyamoto obviously wants him. If Nintendo is going to go around getting third party characters that are NOT Nintendo, then those characters will likely be meant to represent something else besides specifically Nintendo. Because they are NOT Nintendo. Nintendo has TONS of Nintendo characters to use to represent Nintendo. Now that Snake has already broken the mold, third party characters should thus be used for another reason.

he is a 3rd party character that has only appeared on Nintendo systems (strange how that works out).
Neither Sonic (confirmed that Miyamoto wants in him the game) nor Snake has ONLY appeared on Nintendo systems or even appeared a majority of the time on them, nor has Sakurai ever stated that third party characters must ONLY appear on Nintendo systems. That's two uout of three (max!) confirmed third party characters wanted by Nintendo for Smash that haven't appeared exclusively on Nintendo systems (far from it!). If Nintendo wants a character that ONLY appeared on Nintendo systems, I'm sure they can draw from their library of hundreds of other characters that they themselves already own to put into the game.

As for Mario characters going ahead of him, name one character that deserves to get in over him.
I'll name TWO. Toad or Bowser Jr. The former is the only "Big 8" mario character that isn't playable in Smash yet and has been around since Super Mario Bros. The latter is primarily becoming a main villain, being the final boss of two of the latest Mario games (Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros. Spiritually the final boss and main antagonist of the Yoshi games too if you count Baby Bowser as his spiritual parallel). Both are actually consistently recurring to this day (unlike Geno). At least Toad is a lot more relevant to Mario's history than someone who only had a major (but not the star) role in one Mario game out of tons of Mario games. Possibly Bowser Jr. is almost as old, too, depending on how much Nintendo considers Baby Bowser as Bowser Jr's spiritual parallel (either way, he certainly is a lot more historically relevant, given that Geno has only had a sizeable role in one game while Bowser Jr. was the MAJOR villain of at least two major Mario titles. Not that I see why Nintendo would choose a Mario character over another just because one like Geno is older, seeing that there are four Mario characters in Smash that are almost as old as the series itself, already).

Of course, from Nintendo's own perspective, I wouldnt' be surprised if they put in Petey Pirahna before they put in Geno. But only because their insistance on putting that thing in EVERY Mario game in existance from here on shows that Nintendo hates both you and me.

El HP

Smash Ace
Let's take Krystal for example nintendo owns the character which was made by Rare and my question why that wasn't the case with Geno? why they crated their own Mario RPG series? very simple they are not interested and that has nothing to do with nintendo relationship with square because we saw many games for the gameboy systems. Let's not put polls here because in the end the developers will be the ones who will choose.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Last I checked, Sonic didn't have anything to actually do with Nintendo either, yet Miyamoto obviously wants him. If Nintendo is going to go around getting third party characters that are NOT Nintendo, then those characters will likely be meant to represent something else besides specifically Nintendo. Because they are NOT Nintendo. Nintendo has TONS of Nintendo characters to use to represent Nintendo. Now that Snake has already broken the mold, third party characters should thus be used for another reason.
Are you kidding me? Sonic has one of the hugest roles in Nintendo history ever. His role in Nintendo's history outmatches that of several other Nintendo-made characters. You must not remember the fifteen-year long console war between Nintendo and Sega. The hugest video game question of all time is always who would win in a fight? Mario or Sonic.

Neither Sonic (confirmed that Miyamoto wants in him the game) nor Snake has ONLY appeared on Nintendo systems or even appeared a majority of the time on them, nor has Sakurai ever stated that third party characters must ONLY appear on Nintendo systems. That's two uout of three (max!) confirmed third party characters wanted by Nintendo for Smash that haven't appeared exclusively on Nintendo systems (far from it!). If Nintendo wants a character that ONLY appeared on Nintendo systems, I'm sure they can draw from their library of hundreds of other characters that they themselves already own to put into the game.
Snake was added as a friendly gesture, Sonic plays a major role in Nintendo history, and Geno is actually very important. He was in the very first Mario RPG. At the time, Nintendo probably never even considered putting Mario in an RPG so they let Square (known for making RPGs) handle it to see how it would turn out. It was a success and now some of the best games ever are Mario RPGs.

I'll name TWO. Toad or Bowser Jr. The former is the only "Big 8" mario character that isn't playable in Smash yet and has been around since Super Mario Bros. The latter is primarily becoming a main villain, being the final boss of two of the latest Mario games (Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros. Spiritually the final boss and main antagonist of the Yoshi games too if you count Baby Bowser as his spiritual parallel). Both are actually consistently recurring to this day (unlike Geno). At least Toad is a lot more relevant to Mario's history than someone who only had a major (but not the star) role in one Mario game out of tons of Mario games. Possibly Bowser Jr. is almost as old, too, depending on how much Nintendo considers Baby Bowser as Bowser Jr's spiritual parallel (either way, he certainly is a lot more historically relevant, given that Geno has only had a sizeable role in one game while Bowser Jr. was the MAJOR villain of at least two major Mario titles. Not that I see why Nintendo would choose a Mario character over another just because one like Geno is older, seeing that there are four Mario characters in Smash that are almost as old as the series itself, already).
Toad's role in Mario games are no higher than Geno's if you go by the fact that they are just companions. And Bowser Jr is recurring because he is pretty cool and it isn't like they can just say, oh he doesn't exist anymore. Though Geno hasn't reappeared he has been given hints at. Paper Mario was practically another version of Mario RPG. It even included the Star Road and Star Haven that Geno spoke of. In Mario and Luigi he was even given a cameo. I honestly think Nintendo wants Geno for something. Why would someone go out of their way to make a cameo? They are slowly trying to get rights not just for Geno but probably the whole Mario RPG.

Of course, from Nintendo's own perspective, I wouldnt' be surprised if they put in Petey Pirahna before they put in Geno. But only because their insistance on putting that thing in EVERY Mario game in existance from here on shows that Nintendo hates both you and me.
Petey is the first pirahna that can actually walk and grab things. They must think this is amazing beyond belief. It isn't.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
You do have point. Geno hasn't been in the spotlight recently. However, did you not notice how it was very strange that they put in 3 completely different unknowns in Melee? They wanted to see if they would be successful, & they were. Of course I'm talkin bout Roy, Marth, & Mr. Game & Watch. I had no idea who they were until they were unvailed to the world.

Case in point, any character associated with Nintendo has a shot, even if that character is part of SquareEnix. Geno's is a retro character (like Game & Watch) and Sakurai can't get enough of that retro stuff for some reason. Just remember, he has the last say as far as Brawl goes.

El HP

Smash Ace
Of course any character related with nintendo has a shot but you have to take in consideration how big his/her chances are. As for unknown characters keep in mind that the fire emblem series just recently appeared in our continent as for game & watch well he was the first portable console made by nintendo which was very succeful making it very well known.

GenG

Smash Lord
Let's take Krystal for example nintendo owns the character which was made by Rare and my question why that wasn't the case with Geno? why they crated their own Mario RPG series? very simple they are not interested and that has nothing to do with nintendo relationship with square because we saw many games for the gameboy systems. Let's not put polls here because in the end the developers will be the ones who will choose.
The fun fact is that Brawl's director (Masahiro Sakurai) chose the entries that appeared in the poll. If he really want Geno (nostalgia factor, moves possibilities, etc.) he'll appear.

Miyamoto is interested in Sonic because he is the most requested character.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Of course any character related with nintendo has a shot but you have to take in consideration how big his/her chances are. As for unknown characters keep in mind that the fire emblem series just recently appeared in our continent as for game & watch well he was the first portable console made by nintendo which was very succeful making it very well known.
True, very true, but at the very same time Geno has only appeared in 1 game. Mind you only 1 game & he's still very, very, popular. Just ponder this, what if he makes another appearance? That would only boost his fanbase. Can't you just make a mental picture....

"This games winner is: Geno!"

Yeah, he's gonna rock if he makes the final cut!

El HP

Smash Ace
The fun fact is that Brawl's director (Masahiro Sakurai) chose the entries that appeared in the poll. If he really want Geno (nostalgia factor, moves possibilities, etc.) he'll appear.

Miyamoto is interested in Sonic because he is the most requested character.
It is obvious the creators made the poll and if i remember correctly there were many characters above geno in the votes lowering his chances even more.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
True, very true, but at the very same time Geno has only appeared in 1 game. Mind you only 1 game & he's still very, very, popular. Just ponder this, what if he makes another appearance? That would only boost his fanbase. Can't you just make a mental picture....

"This games winner is: Geno!"

Yeah, he's gonna rock if he makes the final cut!
Geno acctually appeared in 2 games, the second being a small role in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It is obvious the creators made the poll and if i remember correctly there were many characters above geno in the votes lowering his chances even more.
Yep, King Dedede's 1 vote above geno sure lowers his chances -_-;

Geno was tied with Diddy (solo) for second place.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Geno in Brawl.

Yes, maybe if he becomes uber popular again Nintendo will stop making crappy paper marios and pay square to make a new mrpg.

El HP

Smash Ace
Yeah third party characters like megaman, pac-man, simon belmont, bomberman etc. are not recognized icons of videogaming (sarcasm) something geno is not and will never be hell he will never appear in a game again so what is the reason to put him in brawl?

T-major

Smash Champion
Geno should be in. he may be third party, but he's only ever apperad in first party games. if Nintendo gets the rights to put him in brawl, they might as well just get all the rights to Geno. that way he will be first party and they can include him in more games.

El HP

Smash Ace
That is the problem nintendo never adquired the character rights in the time he appeared so why they should now? they even adquired waluigi which was made by camelot and now he is part of the mario bros universe.

T-major

Smash Champion
That is the problem nintendo never adquired the character rights in the time he appeared so why they should now? they even adquired waluigi which was made by camelot and now he is part of the mario bros universe.
why shouldn't they? the only reason Nintendo dosen't use Geno is because they don't own him. and since Square dosn't use him, why should they keep him? unless their planing to make Geno the main character in the next Final Fantasy, theres no point in keeping the rights to a character that that as of now has only use in Mario games.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Nintendo was as careful with holding onto characters back when Geno was made, nor did they really care (especially since their nasty break-up with Square was occuring at the time of Super Mario RPG.). It wasn't until Rare split from Nintendo and forced Nintendo to fight for KONG characters that Nintendo must have gotten pissed off enough to realize that they had to be careful with retaining rights from then on (ever since Rare left Nintendo, there are a LOT more "The characters belong to Nintendo, dammit!" notices in the credits of games made by other companies but published by Nintendo. Metroid Prime, for example).

Course, Nintendo doesn't seem particularly interested in going back to obtain the SMRPG characters either. Can't really blame them. They seem detached with retaining Mario RPG characters in general. Mario & Luigi as well as Paper Mario really don't have many charactesr within them that return to the next game in those series. Kammy and Fawful are really the only exception sso far. amd even the latter is just a cameo, albeit one that promises to get revenge on the brothers and thus might return for a bigger role someday (I guess the only Mario RPG characters Nintendo is interested in retaining are the villain sidekicks). The rest generally get dropped after their 15 minutes of game.

El HP

Smash Ace
Waluigi was never 3rd party. Nintendo always owned him. Same deal with Diddy Kong. They always owned him despite the fact that Rare created him.
But wasn't created by nintendo another example is the Golden Sun and Eternal Darkness games which were not made by nintendo yet they own them.

El HP

Smash Ace
I don't think Nintendo was as careful with holding onto characters back when Geno was made, nor did they really care (especially since their nasty break-up with Square was occuring at the time of Super Mario RPG.). It wasn't until Rare split from Nintendo and forced Nintendo to fight for KONG characters that Nintendo must have gotten pissed off enough to realize that they had to be careful with retaining rights from then on (ever since Rare left Nintendo, there are a LOT more "The characters belong to Nintendo, dammit!" notices in the credits of games made by other companies but published by Nintendo. Metroid Prime, for example).

Course, Nintendo doesn't seem particularly interested in going back to obtain the SMRPG characters either. Can't really blame them. They seem detached with retaining Mario RPG characters in general. Mario & Luigi as well as Paper Mario really don't have many charactesr within them that return to the next game in those series. Kammy and Fawful are really the only exception sso far. amd even the latter is just a cameo, albeit one that promises to get revenge on the brothers and thus might return for a bigger role someday (I guess the only Mario RPG characters Nintendo is interested in retaining are the villain sidekicks). The rest generally get dropped after their 15 minutes of game.
I agree as for Metroid Prime the creators Retro Studios are part of Nintendo they were adquired during the development of the game making them first party.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
El HP, you can multiquote by pressing the multiquote button on all the posts you want to quote and then quote on the last thing you want to quote. This way you can say all that in one post.

Also, Nintendo made sure that they had the rights to Waluigi and Diddy beforehand by telling the companies that all original material will be copyright of Nintendo so they have always owned Waluigi. They didn't do that with Square though since they probably didn't think it would be much of a hit. They were wrong and I am sure they would have picked up the rights but Square broke up with Nintendo. Now they are gradually renewing their ties (hence all the FF games and Mario Hoops the second Mario game to be made by Square in a long while). With this, Geno will eventually come up again as their ties get stronger. Moreover, probably the entire SMRPG game in general.

GenG

Smash Lord
Super Mario RPG will be seen in the Wii Virtual Console (as confirmed by the ESRB), so even more people will have the chance to play it.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Super Mario RPG will be seen in the Wii Virtual Console (as confirmed by the ESRB), so even more people will have the chance to play it.
I have a theory that if SMRPG does well on the VC then we will see a sequel in the near future. It is obvious that Nintendo and Square have begun to mend their ties.

El HP

Smash Ace
El HP, you can multiquote by pressing the multiquote button on all the posts you want to quote and then quote on the last thing you want to quote. This way you can say all that in one post.

Also, Nintendo made sure that they had the rights to Waluigi and Diddy beforehand by telling the companies that all original material will be copyright of Nintendo so they have always owned Waluigi. They didn't do that with Square though since they probably didn't think it would be much of a hit. They were wrong and I am sure they would have picked up the rights but Square broke up with Nintendo. Now they are gradually renewing their ties (hence all the FF games and Mario Hoops the second Mario game to be made by Square in a long while). With this, Geno will eventually come up again as their ties get stronger. Moreover, probably the entire SMRPG game in general.
The same can be applied here how would they know if DK:C would be a success or a failure hell Eternal Darkness had poor sales yet they adquired the rights of the game.

Those examples you mention are portable games their biggest titles are coming to PS3 not Wii.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The same can be applied here how would they know if DK:C would be a success or a failure hell Eternal Darkness had poor sales yet they adquired the rights of the game.

Those examples you mention are portable games their biggest titles are coming to PS3 not Wii.
DK:C was bringing back DK after a long absence so of course they held the rights. SMRPG was just a small test to see if RPGs would work with Mario. They probably didn't care much to secure an experiment. Nowadays they make sure they have their rights.

As for the other statement, Square is still mending ties with Nintendo. The DS is the hit right now so of course they all go on the portable systems. The Wii just now came out and since Square is still mending their relationship with Nintendo, they probably want to wait a little longer before going all out with them. However they are making a party game that is a crossover between Square characters and Mario characters to be released on the DS sometime soon. Since they are making party games including Mario this is a sign that they are trying to mend relations slowly. After all Mario is the mascot of Nintendo so Nintendo probably doesn't trust them with anything higher then party games. That still doesn't mean they are not trying to mend relations.

Geno could be used to promote the SMRPG on VC, increase the popularity of the SMRPG franchise, mend Square and Nintendo's relations further, and make Brawl more profitable with Geno and SMRPG fans everywhere while opening the range of SMRPG fans everywhere (If you like Geno in Brawl you'll try him out on VC).

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here's why I'm unsure of Geno's chances for Brawl:
First off, we know that one of the "rules" for third party character additions is that the third party must approach Nintendo to get their character in, not the other way around. Nintendo didn't approach SEGA about Sonic (like it or not the most requested third party character), so they won't approach Square about Geno. Since Geno is a third party character owned by Square, this means (obviously) that Square must contact Nintendo about getting him in Brawl.

And that's where I see Geno's chances come up short. Square is just not friendly to their older character creations. Just look at their record: not only has square never re-used any of the classic Chrono Trigger characters, they've prevented several remakes of the game. Squares chief franchise (Final Fantasy) is a series where characters never repeat. They still haven't remade FF7, despite a large group of irrational fans who've demanded it. The ONLY major Square character to ever truly get a sequel is Sora of Kingdom Hearts fame. Everyone else gets a cameo appearance if they're LUCKY. Bottom line, Square creates characters, secures their rights, and then never does anything else with them. It's just what Square does.

And here we're expecting Square to approach Nintendo, a company they are NOT particularly friendly with, to pitch the idea of GENO, a relatively obscure character who would do more to promote Nintendo than Square if he gets in? That falls just short of madness.

Now, I know Geno has a large cult following, and that's his biggest strength. But even considering this, it still seems unlikely to me that Square would choose to dig up this older character. It seems more likely that Sora would be Square's choice, considering he's not only popular but also one of the rare Square characters that Square seems to care about. I'm not advocating Sora here, I'm just trying to think the way Square would.
And why would Square give the rights of Geno to Nintendo? Just because Squares not useing him? That seems kinda iffy. I mean, Nintendo held on to Pit for TWENTY YEARS before bringing him back for Brawl. It seems like Square wouldn't give up any of their characters for similar reasons.
Sorry, but I just can't see Geno happening. It's not that I don't like that character, it's just that I don't have enough faith in Square to see it happening.

Top Bottom