• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
To get back on topic, Geno has priority over Black Mages, Moogles, Chocobos, all Dragon Quest characters (including Rocket the slime), Cloud ( or any other fancy pants cry baby goofy haired FF hero) and all other FF entities.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Only in Nintendo's eyes, in Square's eyes Geno is bottom of the barrel hence why they never use him, I was very suprised to see he wasn't in Mario Slam Basketball, what a lame name like Mario Smash Football (I hate how they change the titles around but still the spell mum mom, colour color, gaol jail etc. etc.)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Xianfeng, did you ever stop to think that the reason Square doesn't use Geno is because he BELONGS TO A NINTENDO FRANCHISE, I.E. MARIO , and not because they hate him as a character? Why do you always seem to think that if a company does one thing that you don't like it means that that company hates everything about whatever it is you didn't like?

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Agreed, they don't hate him. Just because he wouldn't exactly fit in any of their games doesn't mean they hate him.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I never said they hate him I said he's the bottom of the barrel to them hence why they didn't use him in the newest MARIO game they made.
Why in the hell would Geno be in a Baketball game? The characters from the start of the game are all Nintendo, and unlockables are all Square with the exception 6 Mario characters. It's fairly obvious that they were pushing the FF series here, as ALL the Square characters were from FF. Why would they have 6 FF characters and Geno.....? Besides, FF is a popular series and they are trying to hype the new releases, putting Geno in wouldn't help Square at all, but by putting FF characters in the game they build hype for FF, which is one of the most predominant franchises in the industry right now.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Only in Nintendo's eyes, in Square's eyes Geno is bottom of the barrel hence why they never use him, I was very suprised to see he wasn't in Mario Slam Basketball, what a lame name like Mario Smash Football (I hate how they change the titles around but still the spell mum mom, colour color, gaol jail etc. etc.)
Yeah, because you know how often all the other characters like Cloud and Squall and such get used in Nintendo crossovers.

:rolleyes:

Xian stop acting like you know everything. You've come into like four different topics with that same pompous attitude, going, "Well yeah, but they wont do that, and I know because they told me!"

Just knock it off. Please.

GenG

Smash Lord
Well, there could be a possibility to *cough* see Geno in the new Mario in Itadaki Street, which mixes Dragon Quest with Mario characters. For those who doesn't know, it's a Square-Enix'd Monopoly game based on many locations of the games featured in. It started as a Final Fantasy spinoff for SNES, and after the Square-Enix foundation, they started to mix characters from both FF and DQ.

In many ways, Geno is the Nintendo's Alucard: A character with a single appareance, an enigmatic background and a huge fanbase (in both USA and Japan). But, unlike Alucard, Geno hasn't appeared again.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I kinda disagree. Geno is more complex than just Alucard. Alucard has made three appearances (Symphony, Aria of Sorrow, and Castlevania 3), and is properly owned by the same company who can use him.

Geno is owned by Square but exists in the Nintendo world. That makes things complex. He's only made another apperance - tutorial in Mario Superstar Saga - but I think he's got a chance since Smash is openly taking third party developers.

Square and Nintendo did make up a while ago, so it's possible.

GenG

Smash Lord
Big news! Take a look at the recently confirmed titles for the VC. Notice something?

* Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Kirby’s Super Star (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
* Starfox 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
* Super Metroid (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Kirby’s Dream Land 3 (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
* Excitebike (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Ice Climber (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Dr. Mario (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Mario Brothers (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Ice Hockey (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Soccer (NES; rated E for Everyone)

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Big news! Take a look at the recently confirmed titles for the VC. Notice something?

Yes, they're all popular Nintendo games that would make Nintendo money to release on VC, your point?

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Geno still lives? Um on the issue of Rocket Slime if you played any of the Dragon Quests it's just a slime isn't it? In case everyone was wondering my Brawl lists supports Geno I still do not personally though. Go Geno I suppose.:confused:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

huzzahs! Altough I have the game on my SNES already:chuckle:

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master

I am forsure getting these 3.

zombie7775

Smash Lord

This list is great. I cant wait to play Mario RPG.

I can see myself getting 3 of these. Also im glad this Geno thread is back.

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
Hurray! I can't wait to play Kirby Superstar with my friends! Oh, and Mario RPG, too. ^^

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Aaahhh beat me to it. Anyways, that really does say something about Geno being in,, Mario RPG being one of the planned vc games, and I'm pretty sure they have to get some kinds of rights for the games. Yay for Geno.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
It seems irrelevent to me I believe they put it on the VC because it was a popular game with no intention of forshadowing Geno's return

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Yes, FF is worth more than Mario RPG and the Geno character, but Geno is MUCH more likely to appear in Brawl over a FF character. It doesn't matter what series sells more, it matters about the characters and the games relevant to Nintendo.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I really don't think Mario RPG being on the VC has anything to do with Brawl in the slightest. We all knew it was going to appear on the VC anyway. I seriously doubt the two are related.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I really don't think Mario RPG being on the VC has anything to do with Brawl in the slightest. We all knew it was going to appear on the VC anyway. I seriously doubt the two are related.
Wow, Little McFoxy agreeing with me. We're all doomed. I would like to say if Square gets a charcter Geno seems to be a more realistic possibility over that of a Final Fantasy charcter.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yeah, Mario RPG just happened to be a cool enough game to be placed on the VC list. People will get more aquainted with Geno, leading on to large expansions to threads like this. That's going to lead to a lot of headaches on the threads once enough people are playing Mario RPG with only about a dozen reasonable, intelligent debaters like yourselves.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yeah, Mario RPG just happened to be a cool enough game to be placed on the VC list. People will get more aquainted with Geno, leading on to large expansions to threads like this. That's going to lead to a lot of headaches on the threads once enough people are playing Mario RPG with only about a dozen reasonable, intelligent debaters like yourselves.
By the time people are more aquainted with him do you really think that will effect his chances to make an appearance in Brawl?

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
By the time people are more aquainted with him do you really think that will effect his chances to make an appearance in Brawl?
Shocked as I am to hear myself say this, you have a point Dweller. If SMRPG on the virtual console is in fact a ploy to get more support for Geno, it would never work. By the time enough people download and play it to reach the support necessary, Brawl will long since be finished (and probably already out).

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I was assuming Brawl coming out in late '07 and Mario RPG available by the end of this year. I wasn't saying it would help him to be in Brawl, just that the other noobs won't realize what his chances are in reality.

Top Bottom