• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Despite my previous posts, I think it would be strange to see him with a voice that wasn't monotonous. But otherwise James Earl Jones FTW.
When I play Geno, I don't want to be reminded of Mufasa or Darth Vader or Mr. Mertle.

When I play Geno, I want to be reminded of Severus Snape or Marvin the Android or Metatron.

Unlikely, but Alan Rickman would be awesome.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
When I play Geno, I don't want to be reminded of Mufasa or Darth Vader or Mr. Mertle.

When I play Geno, I want to be reminded of Severus Snape or Marvin the Android or Metatron.

Unlikely, but Alan Rickman would be awesome.
When I play as Geno I want to be reminded of Geno. I don't want to think of characters that have nothing to do with him.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Personally, I don't picture Geno having excessive voice-acting anyway. Geno is a very solemn character. He only speaks when necessary, and doesn't really engage in dialouge much (at least from what I remember. I haven't played the game in about a year). Giving him a bunch of lines apart from the standard grunts, cries, and death screams would just seem... out of character. I don't beleive Geno's voice acting is much of a priority. I'd really want them to spend the majority of their time creating a moveset and play style that does the character justice, rather than worrying about making his voice sound right.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I agree with HiddenTiger. I would rather they worry about movesets and game play. If he says anything I think it should just be in his taunt. Most of the other characters only say something in thier taunt. I am also glad this thread wasnt closed.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
No one is saying that he needs a monologue here, just that all the characters have a distinct sound to there voice, and we want one that does him justice.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
His finishing pose won't be an Alan Rickman-voiced speech. It's just the general idea for what the voice should sound like.

I'm much more curious about if Square would let them. While you might say, "Hell yeah they would!" keep in mind this is the same company that crushed Chrono Ressurection. Square can be a fickle mistress.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
His finishing pose won't be an Alan Rickman-voiced speech. It's just the general idea for what the voice should sound like.

I'm much more curious about if Square would let them. While you might say, "Hell yeah they would!" keep in mind this is the same company that crushed Chrono Ressurection. Square can be a fickle mistress.
They also made FF7: Dirge of Cerberus.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace

I'm a Devil May Cry fanboy and I forgot to mention the blemish of Dirge of Cerberus.

Thanks for covering me.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I heard recently that Square is making yet another game with Mario in it. This time he is the guest though and again it is another spin-off game but it is something right? If you want to know what game, it is called Itadaki Street DS or something like that. It is a board game similiar to monopoly with Dragon Quest characters. Sadly, it is a Japan Only franchise. Still, it is something to think about right?

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I'd prefer it if he didn't have a voice at all. Just made noises. Like his landing, jumping, hitting, etc etc etc, he'd have no voice, it'd just be the bamboo "clack" nosie.

If he did have to have a voice though, the deeper the better.
Looks like another vote for Bamboo noises and no voice.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Bamboo is close enough to wood and no I didn't. I just said that it could use the sound effect. Find my exact post when I diffentively said he was bamboo and not just saying that they could use the sopund effect then.

Stryks

Smash Hero
His point is ur are a ****** lol... hey u mad ethe improve marth thread what u expect? well anyway I still say geno should have a voice, and he would talk in his taunt, victory poses and when doin some attacks...

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Not all the characters need to talk during thier victory poses and if all the other charcters get improved like they are being called for Marth will need improvements aswell to keep up.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Not all the characters need to talk during thier victory poses and if all the other charcters get improved like they are being called for Marth will need improvements aswell to keep up.
No, they could keep his lines in Japanese. Where is it stated that ALL sounds must conform to our great American ways? It's a Japanes ecompany, they can use all the Japanese they want.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
No, they could keep his lines in Japanese. Where is it stated that ALL sounds must conform to our great American ways? It's a Japanes ecompany, they can use all the Japanese they want.
What are you talking about? Last time I checked, talking didn't have anything to do with America and I never saw a statement refering to America. Geno should only have noises and a voice when he yells. Talking isn't required for victory poses or taunts.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
What are you talking about? Last time I checked, talking didn't have anything to do with America and I never saw a statement refering to America. Geno should only have noises and a voice when he yells. Talking isn't required for victory poses or taunts.
Dude...Kenny, I was talking about the dweller's statement about Marth.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Man this guy always finds something wrong, Im pretty sure when someone says the world is round, he answers: No way man that is imposible, since way back the world was considered flat, and is still considered today no matter what u find on the net...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Marth should speak in English, sounding like Kelsey Grammer.

Geno would make a fun, unique addition no doubt but I don't think his chances are that high if Square is going to put in one of their characters they are going to put in one of their famous characters and capcom has priority over Square so does Namco.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I don't see Namco having priority in any way, shape or form. Or even capcom for that matter. Sega yes, but Geno was in a game that stared Mario. Neither Capcom nor Namco can claim that.

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
For the money they would get by putting Geno into Brawl, it will certainly go above and beyond what Nintendo will have to pay Square Enix. And it's also partly their character in the first place, right?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Nintendo is probably not offering money to any third parties. They would probably just say," Hey look, Smash Brothers makes alot of money. This is going to be the best Smash Brothers. Hell, we even rented out a whole studio for it. If you want free advertisement, send us your best character and we might put it in.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Nintendo is probably not offering money to any third parties. They would probably just say," Hey look, Smash Brothers makes alot of money. This is going to be the best Smash Brothers. Hell, we even rented out a whole studio for it. If you want free advertisement, send us your best character and we might put it in.
Which is why Geno would be unlikely, Square Enix would most likely put is some one from Final Fantasy.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Which is why Geno would be unlikely, Square Enix would most likely put is some one from Final Fantasy.
LOL OMG CLOUD STRIFE FOR BRAWL1111!!!111six!!111

Yeah, but Nintendo and Square working together has always had that familiar streak with Geno and Mallow. Let's cross our fingers.

Top Bottom