• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I dunno people have given me bad info before I guess it is possible it is wrong, like when zombie said that Miyaka from the new Fire Emblem was Illyana from PoR. I believed him untill I looked it up myself, but there is nothing I can do with the Legend of Zelda games, but zombie's brother says he does and there are numerous flash videos of him with dialogue so even if not in the games he does speak in the flash videos.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Oh wait! I missed a post that is why I am confused as hell. The Link in the GBA versions is a completely different Link. Yeah it sounds stupid but according to the game that is another guy named Link who appears hundreds of years after the events of OoT. Don't ask me because I honestly hate how complicated they made the LoZ storyline.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I told you I got my info elsewhere and not from first hand experience. So if it is incorrect then zombie's brother fails he is my source of info and he is obcessed with Link so if it is wrong he really blew it.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I dunno people have given me bad info before I guess it is possible it is wrong, like when zombie said that Miyaka from the new Fire Emblem was Illyana from PoR. I believed him untill I looked it up myself, but there is nothing I can do with the Legend of Zelda games, but zombie's brother says he does and there are numerous flash videos of him with dialogue so even if not in the games he does speak in the flash videos.
You do realize that Flash videos are created by fans and have absolutely no relation to the actual games, much less the canon of the said games, right? Hell, I could make a Flash video right now that says that Princess Peach and Princess Zelda are really the same character who appears in two different games using fake names. That wouldn't change the actual games to match that 'fact', would it? No. It would be just another Flash cartoon that has nothing to do with the actual games. Even for you, that argument is pretty sad.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Well, if I were you I wouldn't trust Zombie's brother. Flash videos have nothing to do with the games they parody.

Speaking of Flash (clever segue back to the topic), McFox. I gotta say, that Flash moveset you made is pretty sorry. I mean, the moveset itself is great, but that animation is kinda (how do I put this nicely?) lacking. No offense or anything.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Yeah, flash is a bish to use, especially without a wacom tablet. And even then, it's no easy task. I don't like kissing up to admins, but the effort alone was worth my vote. Gj fearless leader.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
This thread couldn't get any stupider if I went to all your houses and removed your brains myself.

Of course the moveset is lacking, because I wasn't exactly trying to make the greatest flash ever. It was just my ideas, and I didn't feel like spending weeks on it.

And Basement Boy, I draw and animate all the time, effectively making me an artist. Not that you've ever been right about anything else.

Seriously, if this thread gets any dumber, I'm closing it, and I'm not even kidding. I will close it, and close any new threads anyone tries to make about Geno. You all look like fools, and you should be ashamed of yourselves. Most of you should know by now to not respond to anything Basement Boy says ever, because he's just a troll looking for attention.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
So I can't post hilarious pictures of pikachu being smashed in the face with a pokeball in response to his rants......not even just once per thread?

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
This thread couldn't get any stupider if I went to all your houses and removed your brains myself.

Of course the moveset is lacking, because I wasn't exactly trying to make the greatest flash ever. It was just my ideas, and I didn't feel like spending weeks on it.

And Basement Boy, I draw and animate all the time, effectively making me an artist. Not that you've ever been right about anything else.

Seriously, if this thread gets any dumber, I'm closing it, and I'm not even kidding. I will close it, and close any new threads anyone tries to make about Geno. You all look like fools, and you should be ashamed of yourselves. Most of you should know by now to not respond to anything Basement Boy says ever, because he's just a troll looking for attention.
The artwork work isn't what I'd call good Little McFoxy, but if you want to say your an artist go right ahead.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Since it is obvious that this place is going to be closed soon because of an idiot infestation than can someone just post a few, or hell even one intelligent thought on what Geno's sounds should be like?

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Fair enough. I was just trying to get back on the topic.

And if I were you, I wouldn't be surprised at all at the decline of this thread. You're going into page 82 with this thing. Anything intelligent or useful that needed to be said has been said long ago. At this point it seems that there really isn't anything left to discuss concerning Geno.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Alright, we are talking about a wooden doll with some metal parts that has been possessed by a star that was sent by a higher authority. What fits with that? Robotic sounds? Nah. Shoot, I don't know but it has to have some reference to his star heritage.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I think a very proper sounding voice, bordering in a condescending tone (due to his advanced intellect) would fit, as far as an accent I really don't know. What about you guys?

bbb

Smash Champion
I say it should be done by Peter Lorre (if he hadn't died 40 years ago) or who ever did Cut Man's voice in the animated series.

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
I think a low, but not too low, voice for his attitude (wise, calm, with authority) and for SFX... don't all the characters sound the same when they get hit with an attack?

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I'd prefer it if he didn't have a voice at all. Just made noises. Like his landing, jumping, hitting, etc etc etc, he'd have no voice, it'd just be the bamboo "clack" nosie.

If he did have to have a voice though, the deeper the better.

bbb

Smash Champion
Despite my previous posts, I think it would be strange to see him with a voice that wasn't monotonous. But otherwise James Earl Jones FTW.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
James Earl Jones does not fit Geno.

I'm telling you, just think about it. Alan Rickman's voice would be PERFECT for Geno.

bbb

Smash Champion
James Earl Jones does not fit Geno.

I'm telling you, just think about it. Alan Rickman's voice would be PERFECT for Geno.
Holy ****, I was such a fool. Alan Rickman is definately the best suggestion this side of Cutman's voice actor.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
...I don't think so...Aside from Alan Rickman's badassness, I've always thought Geno would have a much more powerful voice than that.

He is a servant of Star Road after all.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I have to say if Nintendo knows Geno's fanbase, there's a good chance he'll pop up again. If they lent him back for Superstar Saga, they can do it again.

Top Bottom