• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I didn't make this. This picture was posted back on page 505.
O OK well I think it's good. I don't see why people are critizing it. I give it an 8/10. Cmon people it aint really that bad. If theres a better Geno, than post it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
O OK well I think it's good. I don't see why people are critizing it. I give it an 8/10. Cmon people it aint really that bad. If theres a better Geno, than post it.
Because it turns Geno: the wise and valiant warrior...

to Geno: the raving drugged up psycho killer

Snakz

Smash Ace
The reason i think most people dont like it (including me) is cause it doesn't really portray Geno's personality from SMRPG or a lot of what he actually looks like (general shape being the biggest one), he just looks like a creepy serial killing doll in that picture IMO.

@antimatter

It's hard to tell when it's text, sorry.

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
man no one should make a "better" Geno leave it be. Let Nintendo design Geno for Brawl ;) cause we all no hes gonna get in!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've been studying for my final exams this week so I haven't been able to be on for awhile. Have any rumors or anything come up?

Anyways, I'm now ranked as the 11th Best Mii Creator in the country on the Check Mii Out Channel. (I was ranked 99th on Friday, oddly enough) As I said before, my screenname is Geno and you should easily be able to find my profile.

Linkx20

Smash Rookie
Hey, just wondering, has anybody made a good Mii for Geno yet? I tried to make one myself, but I'm not that good at it, and I think someone could make one that looks really sweet :p

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Hey, just wondering, has anybody made a good Mii for Geno yet? I tried to make one myself, but I'm not that good at it, and I think someone could make one that looks really sweet :p
I've been studying for my final exams this week so I haven't been able to be on for awhile. Have any rumors or anything come up?

Anyways, I'm now ranked as the 11th Best Mii Creator in the country on the Check Mii Out Channel. (I was ranked 99th on Friday, oddly enough) As I said before, my screenname is Geno and you should easily be able to find my profile.
There u go

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Square Enix allows Geno's inclusion in Brawl do you think Square Enix would want to add a Final Fantasy character as well?
I don't think they are going to add a Final Fantasy character at all...

There is that quote, though I can't find the link to it anymore...

If they added Crono or somethin' though that wouldn't be that bad...though the chances of that are really low...

I don't know if they would, I have no idea who they would add at all

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I don't want Crono, gimme Frog or Magus and Geno.

But any1 from CT or CC is unlikely so Geno 4 Brawl!

Snakz

Smash Ace
I recently just finished Chrono Trigger for the first time, i never played the game up until about a week ago, good game.

Geno for Brawl!

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Geno has a pretty good chance of being in Brawl, especially since Sakurai doesn't count him as 3rd party.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I doubt square is getting 2 reps if they in Brawl. Maybe next Smash, but right now I think each third party that is invloved with Brawl will get 1 characters rep as a PC and whatever else you wanna use from that 3rd party company will probably be a AT. But the only thing we need from Square Enix is Geno.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
That'd be sweet if he was confirmed for 2 reasons
1. He's perfect for brawl
2. We haven't gotten a playable character confirmed since October 25th(king Dedede)

Why would Geno being a Mario character matter to SE? If SE wants a character in Brawl, they're going to have some say in who gets in. It's not like Sakurai can take anyone from SE's roster, and he's got the final say.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would Geno being a Mario character matter to SE? If SE wants a character in Brawl, they're going to have some say in who gets in. It's not like Sakurai can take anyone from SE's roster, and he's got the final say.
Because we don't want Geno to represent SE, we want him to represent the Mario series, specifically Mario RPG

It doesn't matter, Square doesn't pick the character anyway

Um, dude, Sakurai has no rights to anything Square owns, which includes Geno.

If Sakurai wants Geno and SE doesn't want Geno to represent them, guess what?

SE wins by default.

Geno is a Square Enix rep, not a Mario rep. He belongs exclusively to Square, and Nintendo has no authority to use him without SE's permission.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord

SE wins by default.

Geno is a Square Enix rep, not a Mario rep. He belongs exclusively to Square, and Nintendo has no authority to use him without SE's permission.
Your post makes me laugh, because technically the characters in SMRPG are partially owned by both parties(unless they are owned by Nintendo)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

SE wins by default.

Then Square-Enix gets no character...

I don't think you understand business at all, and I think your misunderstanding Geno's legal situation.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace

SE wins by default.

The opposite, is true too. Why would they care? It's the only way to use him. Besides, it's perfect advertising for that rumored DS sequel.

1. The copyright in Mario & Luigi for Geno says Square Enix. Not "partially xowned by Nintendo and Square Enix", Nintendo isn't mentioned as having ANY right to Geno's usage.

2. Okay then. Sakurai has literally no ability to just use whomever he pleases from third party candidates. The way you're acting is as if Sakurai has the rights to every character ever made.

3. Rumored DS sequel? Huh. And regardless, you're ignoring two points: First that Sakurai doesn't necessarily want to put Geno in, and second, SE doesn't necessarily want to. If they were to put anyone in, why wouldn't it be to promote a major franchise like Mana or DQ?

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Why question is, if Nintendo was willing to make a deal with Square-Enix so that Geno could be in Brawl, that they would pay and sign a contract and everything, why wouldn't Square-Enix say yes? What would they gain from denying Nintendo to use Geno? I cannot think of a reason unless there is bad blood between the two companies or people.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1. The copyright in Mario & Luigi for Geno says Square Enix. Not "partially xowned by Nintendo and Square Enix", Nintendo isn't mentioned as having ANY right to Geno's usage.

2. Okay then. Sakurai has literally no ability to just use whomever he pleases from third party candidates. The way you're acting is as if Sakurai has the rights to every character ever made.

3. Rumored DS sequel? Huh. And regardless, you're ignoring two points: First that Sakurai doesn't necessarily want to put Geno in, and second, SE doesn't necessarily want to. If they were to put anyone in, why wouldn't it be to promote a major franchise like Mana or DQ?
Your arguements are nothing but assumptions...

Square is apparently making a sequel to Mario RPG that works like Kingdom Hearts, as in Final Fantasy character interacting with Mario characters. Or so it's rumored in magazines and such...

Sakurai already showed interest in Geno and has talked about him, also he has 4-5 mentions on the poll...which is PURE Sakurai bias.

3rd, Sakurai chooses the characters for Brawl, not Square...He can ask Square for their permission to use a character and charge, but they aren't going to force him to use another character, and the chance of them denying Geno is very poor.

Also, Sakurai doesn't really care about Promoting Square-Enix's franchises and wouldn't pick one just to...Square promoting would only happen if THEY approached him...which they didn't. They weren't going to as said in an interview with Famitsu.

Why would they want to use him so much that they'd personally ask them for the rights to Geno? And I reiterate - why would Square Enix go for Geno instead of someone they actually care about?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord

Square is apparently making a sequel to Mario RPG that works like Kingdom Hearts, as in Final Fantasy character interacting with Mario characters. Or so it's rumored in magazines and such...

Sakurai already showed interest in Geno and has talked about him, also he has 4-5 mentions on the poll...which is PURE Sakurai bias.

3rd, Sakurai chooses the characters for Brawl, not Square...He can ask Square for their permission to use a character and charge, but they aren't going to force him to use another character, and the chance of them denying Geno is very poor.

Also, Sakurai doesn't really care about Promoting Square-Enix's franchises and wouldn't pick one just to...Square promoting would only happen if THEY approached him...which they didn't. They weren't going to as said in an interview with Famitsu.
Yay! someone actually said something that isn't stupid!

1. That was an EGM April Fool's joke.

2. This is also based on the wants of the character's owner. You think Sega would have been happy if Sakurai put in Billy Hatcher instead?

3. If they're going to have a rep. in Brawl, they want an important SE character, not a one-time character. If they say no to a certain character, then that character simply isn't in.

4. Snake and Sonic are pretty much there for the sake of representing Konami and Sega's biggest franchises. Geno does not do that. Sakurai does not have any say in which character Square lets him make playable.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would they want to use him so much that they'd personally ask them for the rights to Geno? And I reiterate - why would Square Enix go for Geno instead of someone they actually care about?
SQUARE wouldn't, but this isn't Square's game. Sakurai might, which is why he has a chance...He only has a chance because Sakurai already showed interest in Geno.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1. That was an EGM April Fool's joke.

2. This is also based on the wants of the character's owner. You think Sega would have been happy if Sakurai put in Billy Hatcher instead?

3. If they're going to have a rep. in Brawl, they want an important SE character, not a one-time character. If they say no to a certain character, then that character simply isn't in.

4. Snake and Sonic are pretty much there for the sake of representing Konami and Sega's biggest franchises. Geno does not do that. Sakurai does not have any say in which character Square lets him make playable.
It wasn't printed in April...so how the hell can it be an April fool joke.

Also, it wasn't in EGM

SQUARE wouldn't, but this isn't Square's game. Sakurai might, which is why he has a chance...He only has a chance because Sakurai already showed interest in Geno.
Square would care just about as much as Sega would care if Sakurai chose Alex Kidd over Sonic.

Which is plenty.

If they're going to have someone in Brawl, they want it to be someone they want to promote.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Geno placed second in Sakurai's poll. A character that has appeared in only two games...in second place.

Even though SE had big huge franchise characters (Cloud, Sephiroth, Sora, etc.) Geno has a considerably large and devoted fanbase. Besides, Geno is one of the only SE characters that has any real relation to Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is, in my opinion, grasping at straws.

Top Bottom