• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Who cares? Its an effort nonetheless...

I think too many of those moves though incorprated stars. Now I know thats what Geno was all about in the game, but I think only a few should use stars, including an attack using the star gun.

dr.d

Smash Apprentice
Geno should be somewhere in the middle he was awesome in SmRpg and he should have the ability to either be normal size and be strong or turn into the small doll version of him and be really powerful. In SmRpg when he was in his small doll form and when raz picked him up he basically knocked mario out which was really funny, and you get free rent everytime in rose town after that plus you see link in the bed. ya i know i went off topic but that's me.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I prefer the human size Geno. Too bad Jinx couldn't get in but he has like a .00000001% chance whereas Geno has a descent shot. Geno, Jinx, and Culex were my favorite characters in SMRPG.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Geno is just a bad idea as you originally star out helping Mallow, so he should be in before Geno. Niether one should get in though because they played minor role in one game and Geno had another one oh wow two games. There are better character choices that have more popular franchises if you can even count Geno's minor appearance in one game and another horrid game a franchise.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
There's already a Jinx thread, I'm almost positive.
I searched and couldn't find anything.

Oh, BTW, I love the flash you did on Newgrounds. What's the deal with those negative reviews saying "Mario shouldn't have been in an RPG! No wonder geno wasn't in that game! It SUCKED!"

Both the flash and game where great :)

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Geno is just a bad idea as you originally star out helping Mallow, so he should be in before Geno. Niether one should get in though because they played minor role in one game and Geno had another one oh wow two games. There are better character choices that have more popular franchises if you can even count Geno's minor appearance in one game and another horrid game a franchise.
Minor? Have you played the game? Or at least read anything about him. Pichu didn't star in a game. Nor did Jiggs. Falco didn't do that much (you have to save his but in the first mission of Star Fox 64. Lame.
If I could derep you again, I would.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Geno might have a lot of posts but Mallow if either should be in because you halp him first. Seriously why do you all want to play with a doll. Grow Up.:laugh:

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
No in the game he is a doll and action figures arn't better that just means your 7 year old little boys and not 7 year old little girls.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Dweller, when Star Wars Episode III came out, I spent my money (which I could've spent on video games) on Clone Trooper and General Grievous action figures. I was older than 7 then. I still like action figures. So what? On the topic of action figures and dolls, Power Rangers = action figures G.I. Joe (the plush one) = doll. On the topic of Geno, it's been discussed within the 856 posts that he was a major character (and popular one, might I add.)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'd participate in this little debate over minor semantics with you Basement Boy, but I make it a policy not to argue with the mentally handicapped.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
STOP RESPONDING TO BASEMENT BOY.

Basement, post in this topic again and you're warned. You're doing nothing but trolling and flaming. And if anyone responds to him, you're also warned.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
It says he is a Star agent not a star and I didn't relize you were so petty McFox. Also I am not flaming I would say am remaining quite calm woth my posts.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I gave you a single instruction, and you couldn't even follow it. I'm not putting up with your BS any more. Continue posting here and trolling and I will just ban you.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
STOP RESPONDING TO BASEMENT BOY.

Basement, post in this topic again and you're warned. You're doing nothing but trolling and flaming. And if anyone responds to him, you're also warned.
don't worry, the ignore list function will help

Anyway, I think Geno would be unlocked through an event match, or by other means through Adventure / Classic / 1 player mode and the such

Anyways, I'd just like to congratulate you again on the Geno moveset on Newgrounds (I found the easter egg. lol, just lol at Kirby)! Cajun Spooks was also pretty fun :)

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
If he did make it into Brawl I would like to see him as a starting charcter as with the other character who star in their own game even if Geno only has one and McFox could you please tell me what you mean by trolling. Please arm me with your glorious knowledge,:laugh: but in all seriousness what do you mean by it.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You and zombie enter all topics and disagree with it, no matter what it is, just to get a reaction out of people. OCCASSIONALLY you agree, but now you've suddenly changed your tune about Geno now that I've threatened banning you.

I don't know why you like it so much here anyway. I haven't seen anyone that liked reading anything you or zombie have to say, ever.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
No I still don't support Geno and your threats of banning me had nothing to do with my post I just thought I might try to add something to the debate McFoxy. If he represents his game he should be a starter, but if he represents Mario RPG then I would like to see him as an unlockable chracter, but not through an event like suggested because I find that in my opinion events are worthless and just take up space as I have never heard anyone that actually goes back to them once they are beaten.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Despite the fact that I might be warned or banned I need to point something out real quick. Dweller, you made a Mia thread who was a minor character in one game and yet you don't want Geno because he is a minor character in one game? Stupid. Geno is not a doll, he is a star agent who pocessed a doll. Key word is pocessed. Before you say anything, this game isn't about fitting in. They have a plumber, an elf, a soildier, an intergalatic bounty hunter, and a dinosaur, but Geno wouldn't fit in?

1. He does fit in
2. He has a wide variety of moves
3. And he has a high ranking on Sakurai's poll

I could make that list longer but why bother, there is a whole thread for this. I am open minded about characters and respect others opinions whereas all you do is flame,flame,flame. The only thing you do with your posts are show us all how big of an *** you can be.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I know he is a star agent that possesd a doll it is shown in the cutscene, but he possesed a doll not an action figure and I made the Mia thread for the unique ability she could have in Brwal and I just don't see how Genoe would be all that unique. By unique I mean he would have a different moveset, but wouldn't bring a different element to the game also I eventually dropped Mia by saying Lyn could posses the same abilities, but it wouldn't make as much sense for her to have it so I still have reason for wanting Mia and I know she stands a slim chance however the swordmaster class is a popular class in the series so it may happen. I am not expecting it though. I would prefer Lyndis, but I was offering another suggestion. I just hope that the attributes I suggested may be added to Brawl someway as it would add an interesting element to being one of those characters,

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Well at least that was an intelligent post. But I have to dissagree. No one in the game has a beam move (Geno has one) and Geno is plenty unique. He can transform into a cannon, shoot stars, and do a number of other things. Also, who cares what he pocessed? He could of pocessed a human but would it make a difference?

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Fox's laser is similar to a beam I can't see it being different that that really and what's this atleast it was intellegent. I can be sensable when I want to be ask Zombie or Dantedemonslayer I choose not to be. The Stars would be just another projectile and and so would the cannon.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Then why don't you post the right way and stop flaming so much? Although I still don't see what you have against Geno. Are you against the confirmed new characters also since they don't bring something revolutionary to the table? This game is about fighting not classes in Fire Emblem. Geno has a unique moveset and an intresting backstory. And I'm getting tired of re-explainig points that have already been made in this thread so I am just dropping this argument now. Geno, Mia, and Lyn are all great choices because they are good fighters not because of some class of attribute or whatever. I don't care anymore, flame. complain, or agree. Whatever.

Edit: By intelligent, I meant posting correctly not actual intelligence. Just think you should stop flaming so much and act sensible. I have nothing against anyone on this forum.

P.S. Sorry for dissobeying that rule McFox, just needed to get a point across but if I must be banned than your choice. I just hate spamming and flamming though. It is so pointless.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I am against Pit, because he bothers me and Snake although I like him I still can't consider him to belong in Brawl. I will play as him though as he is one of my favorite characters and one is from one of my favorite series.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
*skips around merrily in his "Basment and Zombie on the ignore list" world, humming a cheery tune*

Really, people, just take a leaf outta my book and slap these two losers on your ignore list. That way, you won't have to read their dumb posts and feel the urge to "debate" with them.

I still fail to see the appeal in Geno. I mean, I'm not anti-Geno or anything, but I just don't see why everyone's so hyped up about him. But then again, I said that about Fox too, and now he's my main. So ya never know. But if Geno has THIS many followers, I'm sure he's gotta be doing something right.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
*skips around merrily in his "Basment and Zombie on the ignore list" world, humming a cheery tune*

Really, people, just take a leaf outta my book and slap these two losers on your ignore list. That way, you won't have to read their dumb posts and feel the urge to "debate" with them.

I still fail to see the appeal in Geno. I mean, I'm not anti-Geno or anything, but I just don't see why everyone's so hyped up about him. But then again, I said that about Fox too, and now he's my main. So ya never know. But if Geno has THIS many followers, I'm sure he's gotta be doing something right.
Who doesn't like a star who possesed the body of a doll and turning it's harmless "action-packed arm cannon!" and other accesories into Weapons of Mass Destruction ?

I mean, I sure do. Gento FTW!!!

Top Bottom