• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Yea I remember Geno now darn wodden doll thing lol. Anyways he would be a good addition to brawl, I like the little guy..I don't remember much of Super Mario RPG, but Geno was always on my mind when I played that game. He is soo cool! I hope he does make it to brawl..Only question..did Squaresoft made Super Mario RPG?

Rabiteman

Smash Cadet
A little over here, a little over there, and maybe
Okay, I wholeheartedly support Geno for Brawl, he'd have a wide range of moves, be fast, and he's just really cool. He was most definitely the best in SMRPG and that level idea back wherever (with Bowyer shooting to turn off buttons) sounded pretty cool and could get chaotic. But I didn't like the swiveling view part. But yes.
>>
<<
GENO FOR BRAWL!!! ^^

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
It Finally Happened

I've been waiting for months and months and months, and it FINALLY happened.

I dreamed that Geno was going to be in Brawl!

And given the past accuracy of my dreams (I knew Zamus was going to be in, something everyone else would have scoffed at), it's now official: Geno is going to be in the game.

Cheers everyone. :)

Also, if I'm REALLY good, Geno will appear in the next trailer for the game that comes out. I'm not sure if what I was watching in my dream was a trailer or actual gameplay, so I guess we'll see. :p

100links

Smash Ace

And given the past accuracy of my dreams (I knew Zamus was going to be in, something everyone else would have scoffed at), it's now official: Geno is going to be in the game.

Also, if I'm REALLY good, Geno will appear in the next trailer for the game that comes out. I'm not sure if what I was watching in my dream was a trailer or actual gameplay, so I guess we'll see. :p
if your dream will correct then you must see the future O_O HOLY CRAP we have a magical forum moderator:laugh:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
What do you mean "if" my dream is correct? Here's what I posted in the old dream topic:

~~~
~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~
~~~

1st Dream:

I was at some kind of convention where they had SSB3 available for play, but it hadn't been released yet, so there was a ton of people there. It was what you would expect from any kind of convention (think PAX or ComicCon), there were people in costumes running around and stuff. I was on the ground floor.

There was some kind of artificial river running through the middle of the room, with a bridge going across it (white bridge, if that matters). As I crossed the bridge, I ran into a guy in the Green Cheep Cheep costume, so I guess Nintendo had told us about that character ahead of time.

Anyway, after crossing the bridge I went into this upstairs room where the game was playing. In that moment, my dream switched from being from my perspective, to just showing me only the game. Anyway, I walked up while someone else was playing, and caught a cut-scene.

There was this command center inside a mountain, with a long tunnel filled with large, stone blocks in the way (think an igloo with the tunnel part blocked off). Super Sonic and Super Shadow showed up, and started spin-dashing away the blocks. They destroyed all of them and got into the command center, where Robotnik was standing at one of his standard Robotnik control consoles. He was in a chair, and suddenly, spikes shot out of the floor. Super Sonic and Super Shadow went into spin-dashes and spun around the spikes, when Metal Sonic showed up.

That's when it faded and I caught a glimpse of the character select screen. It was Melee's select screen, with Super Sonic in the left random select square, Super Shadow in the right random select square, and Green Cheep Cheep somewhere up near Mario.

That was the first dream.

---

2nd dream:

This one was much shorter, but I got a glimpse of the REAL character selection screen for Smash 3, along with a few more characters.

The way it works is simple. Each franchise has it's own square, and only one franchise is shown at a time. Instead of blocks with pictures, the franchise has a list below it of characters that appear in the game from that franchise, and each franchise has it's own color. In addition, these lists take up the entire screen, there is not a specific area at the bottom (like 64 and Melee) where the character appears. For instance, the franchises were scrolling through their various colors/lists (I don't know if I was controlling this or not), and it stopped at Kirby's. The screen was a turquoise color, and the characters were Metaknight, Waddle Dee, and Blade Knight. When each of these characters was selected, their 3D model appeared at the bottom in the spot that corresponded to the player. So Metaknight appeared at the bottom-left, Waddle Dee next to him, and Blade Knight to the right of that. When the match was set, the three characters started waking towards the right of the screen as it faded.

*EDIT* Oh yeah! I keep forgetting! On ONE of the franchise screens ( I can't remember which), there were the words "New Huntress." At first, this sounded to me like the Metroid series, but I'm pretty sure all of the new hunters for Prime: Hunters are male. Anyone know if there are any other females? If there's not, then I don't know who the New Huntress is.

---

3rd Dream:

This one was even shorter. I just saw Sonic's 3D model, and he was in Brawl. God didn't send me any gameplay or anything like that this time, but I still saw him, so he's going to be in too.

~~~

So far, two parts of my dreams have already been confirmed as correct, and the game's not due to be out for at LEAST another year. Metaknight is in, and "New Huntress" AKA Zero Suit Samus is in. Following this logic, the rest of my dreams should come to pass in reality as well. :)

~~~
~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~
~~~

And now, we've got a fourth dream: Geno was fighting on a stage against some other characters (I didn't pay any attention to them, so I assume that they weren't new). Strangely, he was using Gim's yo-yo:

from Kirby SuperStar. That part I don't completely understand, as Geno never used a yo-yo-like weapon in RPG. Perhaps it was simply a fluke of my dream, or maybe they will give him some kind of new weapon?

Anyway, he's in and that's all I care about. :)

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Well, cg on such an awesome dream. Ive had a dream or two of Leon and Pious Agustus being in Brawl. I do feel Geno will make it into Brawl, aside from your dream. His fanbase is too big for him not be in it and he has only appeared on Nintendo consoles as far as Im concerned. Geno is too good to not be introduced into Brawl... Ill cry if Nintendo decides to piss off the majority of the SSB comunity...

BTW... we gotta get this thread to have more posts than the Krystal thread, and the Waluigi thread is heading up too...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Ahh... dreams do come true. Here is some news that will make you guys happy. You know that new Mario Basketball game? Guess who is making it. Square Enix. Yeah, Square is making the new basketball game and are adding final fantasy characters in it as well. I got this info from IGN but don't know how to post links but if it is from IGN than it is most likely true. If Square Enix is making another Mario game, than Geno's chances are just getting better and who knows, maybe Geno will be in that basketball game.

Edit: The game is called Mario Hoops 3 on 3

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Ahh... dreams do come true. Here is some news that will make you guys happy. You know that new Mario Basketball game? Guess who is making it. Square Enix. Yeah, Square is making the new basketball game and are adding final fantasy characters in it as well. I got this info from IGN but don't know how to post links but if it is from IGN than it is most likely true. If Square Enix is making another Mario game, than Geno's chances are just getting better and who knows, maybe Geno will be in that basketball game.

Edit: The game is called Mario Hoops 3 on 3
Squre Enix is not putting Geno (or Mallow) in Mario Hoops: 3 on 3. Just 5 generic Final Fantasy characters like a Moogle or a Black Mage.

I think it's a wasted oppertunity to put those two in a game.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
That isn't the point I'm trying to get across. This is the first Mario game Square Enix has made since RPG. Out of the blue, Square justs makes a Mario game? It is obvious that Square and Nintendo are on good terms now. They might even make a Mario RPG remake or sequel! You have to look at the big picture.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord

time to update the confirmed characters discussion.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace

I will wait for the confirmation (If it happends.). It's nothing against you, but I would like to wait, and celebrate if/when it actually happens.

-SMB

tirkaro

Smash Champion
meh, geno MIGHT be okay ONLY if he is also paired up with another squeenix character. however if he is the ONLY squeenix character, that would be ********, being that geno is barely a representation of squeenix and is more of a mario character. and he would be a waste of a submission with all of the awesome FF and dragon quest characters.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Congrats on the dream McFox.

I think his chances are very good, since he has a huge fanbase, square and nintendo are on good terms now im sure, and that he's from a mario game with populatity rising.

he better be >_> lol

Iggy K

Smash Ace
meh, geno MIGHT be okay ONLY if he is also paired up with another squeenix character. however if he is the ONLY squeenix character, that would be ********, being that geno is barely a representation of squeenix and is more of a mario character. and he would be a waste of a submission with all of the awesome FF and dragon quest characters.
No, having a Square character that;s NOT Geno would be ********, because Geno>Every single other character made by Square, Geno is an awesome submission, and the only Final Fantasy characters that wouldn't be lame are Black Mage and Kefka, there's no way they'd get in before Geno, and Dragon Quest will never get a character in Brawl.

And nice going with the dream Mcfox, now we know geno will be there.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
No, having a Square character that;s NOT Geno would be ********, because Geno>Every single other character made by Square, Geno is an awesome submission, and the only Final Fantasy characters that wouldn't be lame are Black Mage and Kefka, there's no way they'd get in before Geno, and Dragon Quest will never get a character in Brawl.
geno really doesn't count as a true square character. he is really a mario character who is owned by square. square needs some real representation, like some final fantasy character.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Geno doesn't need to represent Square, and Square doesn't need someone to represent them in Brawl.

icymatt

Smash Lord
There are too many fans to keep in mind already.

Besides, now that I think about it, who better to represent Square than a character that was created in the union of it and Nintendo, the company who's history Smash Bros. is supposed to celebrate?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I'll tell you who is better. a character from he nes-snes final fantasy games. (black mage perhaps) geno is not truely square. an oldschool FF character is.
and if to want to get even DEEPER, super mario hoops 3-on-3 was made by square with mario characters. that was so called "created in the union of it and Nintendo, the company who's history Smash Bros. is supposed to celebrate." who did that game have? why, black mage, white mage, ninja, moogle, and cactuar. REAL square characters. oh and where in the world is geno in that game? oh, wait, I know, NOWHERE geno loses. real FF characters are the winner. case closed.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
ABSOLUTLY NO ONE HAS to be represented in Brawl except Nintendo. There's no "fair share" of third party reps. Sakurai will hand pick third parties himself based on a long list of things like recgonizablity, nostaliga, importance, and things like that. But company representation is NOT on there. So stop acting like a CHILD and saying things like "IT'S NOT FAIR! THAT COMPANY GOT REPRESENTED WHY DIDN'T SQUARE?" Brawl is still, and will always be a Nintendo game. Period. The end. Game Over, press start to continue. And if Sakurai so choose, a few other companies might get in on the action. But they will be company he CHOOSES, not companies who HAVE to get in since other companies got in as well.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
geno really doesn't count as a true square character. he is really a mario character who is owned by square. square needs some real representation, like some final fantasy character.
Actually, I think one of the chaarcters in Mario 3 on 3 hoops would do awesome in Brawl. A moogle would be so friggin awesome. Square Enix should give Nintendo rights over Mario RPG characters (Except Kulix).

icymatt

Smash Lord
Nintendo published Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, why wasn't that one of your examples?

And just because Geno isn't in Mario Hoops doesn't mean jack. That game is developed by Squenix themselves, so it was their decision, and they obviously wanted to fanpleasure in the way of FF characters in the game.

Brawl, on the other hand, is developed by Mr.S and his crew, so it's THEIR choice. And they've shown great interest in Geno.

I'm not saying another Square-Enix character WON'T appear, I'm saying that Geno is more likely and favored.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Actually, I think one of the chaarcters in Mario 3 on 3 hoops would do awesome in Brawl. A moogle would be so friggin awesome. Square Enix should give Nintendo rights over Mario RPG characters (Except Kulix).
Oh man, I'd pay money, CASH MONEY for Moogle to be in Brawl.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I'd be happy if one of the Chrono Trigger crew showed up.

And if a Moogle comes in, he'd better be named "Mog" and do lots of funky dances!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
*transforms into the incredible 40-foot tall lean, green, ubermon advanced challenge debate monster then presses start and puts up the uber neg-rep shielder of doom*
(okay thats a bit of an exaggeration ^.^;;)

ABSOLUTLY NO ONE HAS to be represented in Brawl except Nintendo. There's no "fair share" of third party reps. Sakurai will hand pick third parties himself based on a long list of things like recgonizablity, nostaliga, importance, and things like that. But company representation is NOT on there. So stop acting like a CHILD and saying things like "IT'S NOT FAIR! THAT COMPANY GOT REPRESENTED WHY DIDN'T SQUARE?" Brawl is still, and will always be a Nintendo game. Period. The end. Game Over, press start to continue. And if Sakurai so choose, a few other companies might get in on the action. But they will be company he CHOOSES, not companies who HAVE to get in since other companies got in as well.
I really dont give a bleep about representation and what I want. just think of the many FF fans there are, and how incredibly pissed they would be if nintendo had a chance to use a cool FF character, but instead, some butt decided to put in geno. do you know what that wuld do to sales? a billion of loyal FF fans would buy the game without hesitation if FF characters were put in. but noooo, if some guy wanted to only put in, dumb old geno, no billions of rabid FF fan money for them. lets face it, nintendo is like any other company, they need money to survive. FF makes money. geno...eh...not too much.

Square Enix should give Nintendo rights over Mario RPG characters
yeah, that would make things a hell of a lot easier :laugh:

Brawl, on the other hand, is developed by Mr.S and his crew, so it's THEIR choice. And they've shown great interest in Geno.
they have? where? show me? I must be missing something :confused:

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I think Sakurai likes Geno. He showed up six times on the Toukouken.

But, tirkaro you are correct. He's no representation of Square and in my idea of Smash he wouldn't count as a third party character since he's only appeared in Mario games.

I've been saying they should bring in Crono along with Geno, since Sakurai wants Geno and Square would probably want a better rep of their classic games. And as Tiamat mentioned earlier, they are in a position to assert their will if ever approached about Geno. Not to mention Crono being in would mean Yasunori Mitsuda could update his old songs for a secret Crono trigger stage [imagi-gasm]. [Mitsuda's the greatest VG composer ever.]

But a staff-wielding Black Mage would be as awesome an alternative. Maybe you should go to one of those characters' threads, though. Unless you like to disagree ;)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai likes Geno.

But, tirkaro you are correct. He's no representation of Square and in my idea of Smash he wouldn't count as a third party character since he's only appeared in Mario games.

I've been saying they should bring in Crono along with Geno, since Sakurai wants Geno and Square would probably want a better rep of their classic games. Not to mention Crono being in would mean Yasunori Mitsuda could update his old songs.

But a staff-wielding Black Mage would be as awesome an alternative. Maybe you should go to one of those characters' threads, though. Unless you like to disagree ;)
1: Who don't like Geno?

2: yeah, an like I said earlier, Square Enix should just hand over the rights for him, Mallow, and everyone else.

3. *Imagines Crono and Link teamed up to fight Pit and Meta-Knight* :love: drools......

4. I thought we had one of those already, but think they were for Ninja and Red Mage

I should make a Moogle thread....

tirkaro

Smash Champion
y'know now that you mentioned it......*ba-bing!* if square does contribute, they should be able to add in geno and another square character(I cant belive I forgot crono. that game rokked.) being that geno isn't technicaly a full 3rd party character. okay as long as that happens, I sort of support geno (really because I want to do a million zatch bell parodies with him and put it on the internets)

icymatt

Smash Lord
they have? where? show me? I must be missing something :confused:
Here

The problem with the assumption that they would want to add FF characters for the money is that it's really against the spirit of the whole thing. Snake's not in it to get MGS fans to buy the game.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
All of you are going off topic. If you like like FF, stick with it, if you like SSB stick with it. I doubt anyone who plays FF knows that the same company made Geno so why would they care? I only brought up that Square was making Mario Hoops 3 on 3 so I could point out that Square is making Mario games again. Thus if Nintendo is letting them handle thier mascot, Square could end up making another Mario RPG game. I'm just saying, if Square are making games it wouldn't kill them to allow or even give Geno and the rest of the rights of SMRPG over to nintendo. And I know it is a spinoff game but you have to start slow. I believe their will be another SMRPG.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Anyone know what would be better than another Mario RPG Game with Geno?

A Geno RPG game, chronicling how he became a hero known to children like Gaz. So technically a prequel to Mario RPG, but hopefully it'd have a different setting, and the same battle system.

Top Bottom