• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We're almost to 6,000!!! ...and in such a short time...

I remember when this thread had 100 posts a week or so...

Wait...Vaati is not owned by Nintendo?

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Almost all of my posts on these forums have been made in this thread. I am so assured that Geno will be in the game that I am treating him as if he has already been confirmed.

All I am waiting for is the announcement so we get a Specific Geno character forum. At that point I will create a LemonKing's Thread of Naysayers and invite everyone who said Geno won't be in to come kiss the Geno Alliance's feet.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Im jamming to the Fire Emblem music and looking for Geno topics at the same time. lol. We got 2 updates today! Yay! Im glad I found out what happened to Fox's ship after it was shot down. I saw a clip of it getting owned by The Halberd, if anybody hasnt seen it I have the link, but its all part of one video though. Anyway sorry for being off topic. Anybody think there will actually be a character update this week? Its gotta be the 12th new commer....but as for whether or not its Geno....

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
From http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13783&hl= <(Added this page to wiki)

"The legal situation surrounding Geno (and Vaati) is not the same as Sonic and Megaman. Yes, Geno is third party and owned by Square Enix but Nintendo really has more say in the character. Why? Because Geno was in a Mario game (a first party franchise owned by Nintendo) that makes him a Mario character. There's no getting around that. Because of this, Square Enix cannot legally use him outside of this context because (as the copyright says at the end of all Mario games) Nintendo owns all the scenarios that occur in the Mario games. Geno was part of the story in Super Mario RPG thus pulling him into the scenario AKA the story and plot points of the game. My point was proved both during the offical Melee and Brawl polls when Geno was, despite his legal situation, categorized as a Mario character and seperated from the other third party characters."

"Now that is cleared up, let me explain things further. Because Geno is a Mario character, Square Enix cannont legally refuse Nintendo the rights to him if they wish to use them nor use him outside the context of a Mario game unless Nintendo is involved with the project. In the end, Nintendo basically controls the situation surrounding him and that makes Geno pretty much worthless to Square Enix. For further proof of this, ask yourself this: Why was Geno in a Mario game that Square Enix played no part in developing? Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga was developed by Nintendo and Alpha Dream. It is even questionable whether or not Square Enix recieved some of the profits based on Geno's inclusion in the game."

"Now let's compare Geno with Sonic. Sonic makes millions of dollars for Sega every year and is their biggest icon. Geno is a character that was playable in one game that sold about 2 million copies worldwide more then a decade ago and has basically been sitting in a filing cabinet since 2003. See a difference? I certainly do."

"So there you have it. Geno's legal situation laid out in black and white. Yes, Nintendo will still have to get permission to use him and probably have to pay a minor fee (would you like to compare the "rental" cost of Sonic's or Megaman's copyrights to Geno's?) for him but, in the end, Geno is very, very different from other third party characters."

This is a really great point you made here, any doubts I had in my mind about them not including Geno has now been lifted. I love you!

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Geno should receive a spot in Brawl. He was a great character in Mario RPG. The story revolved around him, though he wasn't the 'main' character. He might as well been the main character, just not the main playable character.

I hope the Star Road hero enters into Brawl as a playable character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Listen to this BS this Anti-Megaman person is now spouting about Geno in the Megaman thread...

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
I just thought about the SSE and how it could tie into geno and the star road in huge ways. Keep in mind that Kirby's Dream Land which meta knight hails from also plays a role in the stars, and dreams (if you played older kriby games you would know) oviously the halberd being a huge source of the evil in the SSE that has the kirby series taking a bigger role. Now these creatures are being created out of something evil, now if I recall correctally, all of the enemies you faced in SMRPG were creations of Smithy and his factory. Smithy could be aiding meta knight and the other evil characters to attempt to destroy mario and such once again.

Geno must make his return to ensure dreams are protected forever along with even a possible more important role this time. The connection could be much better than the one I described but seriously just think about how easily he could be worked into the story. Seeing Kirby and Geno team up is something that I could see happening to clearly. Bothing riding on warp stars into battle, come on nintendo confirm Geno already!

D

Deleted member

I just thought about the SSE and how it could tie into geno and the star road in huge ways. Keep in mind that Kirby's Dream Land which meta knight hails from also plays a role in the stars, and dreams (if you played older kriby games you would know) oviously the halberd being a huge source of the evil in the SSE that has the kirby series taking a bigger role. Now these creatures are being created out of something evil, now if I recall correctally, all of the enemies you faced in SMRPG were creations of Smithy and his factory. Smithy could be aiding meta knight and the other evil characters to attempt to destroy mario and such once again.

Geno must make his return to ensure dreams are protected forever along with even a possible more important role this time. The connection could be much better than the one I described but seriously just think about how easily he could be worked into the story. Seeing Kirby and Geno team up is something that I could see happening to clearly. Bothing riding on warp stars into battle, come on nintendo confirm Geno already!
Dude. That was beautiful. =')

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...What? THe hater just said everyone at his high school, 15,000 people hate him (Geno) but millions love him...

I think he just contradicted an earlier statement and/ or is lying about somethin

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I think it is number 2, just a hunch. but ya why would he contradict himself..on a lie!?!?! its so unintelligent...
Id ignore that moron. Just continue talking about Megaman on the topic there. That hater has me in a good mood cause of all the idiocy he posts :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Id ignore that moron. Just continue talking about Megaman on the topic there. That hater has me in a good mood cause of all the idiocy he posts :laugh:
Well on the bright side, he seems to be bringing us all together!

If he insults Ridley...All hell will break loose though...

RMB, Geno, RIDLEY alliance Vs. KingBwhatevergoeshere

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Well on the bright side, he seems to be bringing us all together!

If he insults Ridley...All hell will break loose though...

RMB, Geno, RIDLEY alliance Vs. KingBwhatevergoeshere
RMB?

Funny he says that Mega, Geno and Ridley sucks, hope we can rid him of this forum, and if he comes back, lets do it again.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Be specific about which GIF, could you describe what happens in the GIF?
I think he means the one with Geno talking then stopping and saying something about TEAM FAILURE replacing him with Pac man, Waluigi and Sora

Glinth

Smash Journeyman

=_=

There are like... 1500 people at the high school I'm going to...
are there seriously 15000 people that all hate (let alone know about)
geno at his school?! Hell, I've only met one person in my school (850 people)
Who even knows about SMRPG and he ****ing loves geno!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
idk what a GIF is but it was an animation of geno about to say that famous line "I serve a a higher ath..." but is stoped by "team phailure" witch includes sora, waluigi and pac-man.
Super Mario Whirled made it.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Heh, getting mentioned gives me a reason to stop lurking and actually post. ^_^;;

Still working on it, just a little bit more... **q*, this thing is starting to look like a full-blown movie instead of a sig. O_o

Enigma14

Smash Champion
SMW is a girl? It doesn't matter, but thats news...

Anyways Geno for this week!

Chuck. is on =) later all

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, my feminine side is usually masked by my love for Mario and all of his games.

C'mon Sakurai... tonight...

Eh, bye! ^_^

Heh, not related but reminds me of a comic he drew of his favorite characters meeting his girlfriends...

Top Bottom