• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
i did a couple more Geno recolors:

Green Geno I made because by being in Brawl, he would be obligated to have a green outfit for team battles. and Black Geno, other than just looking cool, seems to fit in with a lot of other characters getting black/dark costumes in Brawl.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
i did a couple more Geno recolors:

Green Geno I made because by being in Brawl, he would be obligated to have a green outfit for team battles. and Black Geno, other than just looking cool, seems to fit in with a lot of other characters getting black/dark costumes in Brawl.
For the black alts i heard that they have red eyes

wisewaters

Smash Apprentice
Hi, and who is Geno? Is he a doll or puppet, or something else?
I don't get why he's so popular. So I'm asking to understand why.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Read the first post...we also have a link to an AWESOME post by someone in a different forum about Geno

Basically he's in one of the best games Nintendo ever made, Super Mario RPG...

He's a doll possessed by a star spirit build with guns and laser and stuff in his body.

http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13783&hl=

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Geno is from a old game which was a staple for future Mario RPG series. Hes popular because he was bad*** and not only was he a well rounded stat character but he was wise and got the bigger picture of things.

For most people SMRPG is the first RPG most people have played.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
he is a doll that gets possessed by a star-being and he was a major role in the game Super Mario RPG. SMRPG was very popular and was a very good game. many claim it's their favorite game or favorite game for SNES. asides from being important to SMRPG, geno had some of the best and coolest attacks in the game. his personality was also very favorable.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Hi, and thanks for not flaming him just cause you dont understand, appreciated

Well, if you've ever played Super Mario RPG, yuo can see why he's so popluar, is one of the most powerful characters in the game, he's got a great personality and he very unique. That's basically it.

EDIT: I love how everyone answers his question a little differently.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno is from a old game which was a staple for future Mario RPG series. Hes popular because he was bad*** and not only was he a well rounded stat character but he was wise and got the bigger picture of things.

For most people SMRPG is the first RPG most people have played.
Other than the first post

http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13783&hl=

Is one of the best places we can send people

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I'll pity all of you when Geno is deconfirmed hahahaha *******s!
Oh wow, LOL, I never heard of a character being 'deconfirmed', but props for you for making a word up.

Back on topic about Geno. Just heard the song again from the forest maze again after like, what, ten years? It sounded frigging awesome. And with the Kingdom Hearts composer added to the list of musicians, she could come up with a killer remix or SMRPG:LotSS medley like Ocarina of Time's medley.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
stupid no-life loser!
Those last 3 or 4 words is what sums you up as troll. Funny how you join a forum simply just to post that, also judging from your post count you only join to flame because it ammuses you for the empty void left in your "heart"

=)

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
There is a fat chance that if Geno isn't a playable character at all, he wouldn't be as Assist Trophy either. It'd be ******** to have him high on the polls and to go through the trouble getting rights to use him, and making him an Assist Trophy.

Either way, it's not 'deconfirming', there is no such word.

Snakz

Smash Ace
PsychoIncarnate probably masturbates thinking about Geno, stupid no-life loser!
If you ever post in this thread again, im reporting you, and i suggest that you guys do the same. I wont be responing to you anymore.

Anyways, what do you guys think about adding one of the Smithy gang members as an AT like Bowyer or Mack.

Or, what about Jinx? he'd be so small that people dont really notice him until he strikes you, kinda like Lynn except not nearly powerful and can hit other people too.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Or, what about Jinx? he'd be so small that people dont really notice him until he strikes you, kinda like Lynn except not nearly powerful and can hit other people too.
I was thinking of the Axem Rangers, having them appear like Final Fantasy VII's Knights of the Round summon.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
If you ever post in this thread again, im reporting you, and i suggest that you guys do the same. I wont be responing to you anymore.

Anyways, what do you guys think about adding one of the Smithy gang members as an AT like Bowyer or Mack.

actually jinx was freakin strong from what i remember.
silver bullet = instant KO, right? :laugh:

i always thought exor would be a great AT, kind of like snorlax except he comes straight down from the sky very quickly (rather than come out, fly back up, come down again) and strikes everyone. maybe after that he stays and fires eye lasers or he can be climbed on and stuff.

and bowyer was mentioned before, except as a stage hazard. (forest maze) he would fire arrows, some that hit, and occasionally he would fire arrows that disabled everyone's A, B, or maybe L button.

Snakz

Smash Ace
I was thinking of the Axem Rangers, having them appear like Final Fantasy VII's Knights of the Round summon.
Yea, it's cool idea and i'd like to see that, but it was mentioned before, im just puttin out new ideas.

@paralauslud

Yea he was really strong, but if you made it an instant KO AT, he'd basically be the same as Lynn.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I dont know aobut you guys but tomorrow or later if i can, Im joining gamefaqs and Im going to fight back for Geno. You can join me or not, it's up to you. If my previous account is still there, I'm going to use it, if not I'll be going by something similiar to Wind, if I can.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Yea, it's cool idea and i'd like to see that, but it was mentioned before, im just puttin out new ideas.

@paralauslud

Yea he was really strong, but if you made it an instant KO AT, he'd basically be the same as Lynn.
ah true. in a sense he did disappear for a bit, seeing as he would appear behind mario and mario wouldn't know it.

Mack would be cool. he could bounce around the whole stage. i don't quite remember fighting him though.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why you insist on going to start a confrontation over there. It really doesn't matter, people have different opinions, and it'll be yours against them, so nobody is really going to win. Besides, those people are not making the game, so arguing with them is not going to make Geno in Brawl. People need to agree to disagree.

We should be the better man in this situation and leave them be.

They probably have no justification for disliking Geno, so you can't really educate those who are ignorant.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Good god, i never actually bothered to look at the GameFAQ's forums before, i feel for you Geno supporters who go there now, that's horrible. DITTO before GENO?!?!? you've got to be kidding me...

@ paralasalud

If i remember correctly, he basically attacked by punches and kicks, he had two special moves i can remember which are quicksilver and silver bullet, the instant KO attack you mentioned. Maybe he can use quicksilver, which was when he teleported quickly and hit you hard, it did a lot of damage, but it could be unique from Lynn's that it wouldn't be instant KO, and he could attack several opponents rapid fire.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Good god, i never actually bothered to look at the GameFAQ's forums before, i feel for you Geno supporters who go there now, that's horrible. DITTO before GENO?!?!? you've got to be kidding me...

@ paralasalud

If i remember correctly, he basically attacked by punches and kicks, he had two special moves i can remember which are quicksilver and silver bullet, the instant KO attack you mentioned. Maybe he can use quicksilver, which was when he teleported quickly and hit you hard, it did a lot of damage, but it could be unique from Lynn's that it wouldn't be instant KO, and he could attack several opponents rapid fire.
i don't think they meant ditto the pokemon. i think it was an abbreviation for dimentio or something. still unreasonable nonetheless. i do remember quicksilver. maybe he could do it across the screen a couple of times with little knockback.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently there are two polls going around, though I think the top one is correct...

Which Roster with votes is real?
Smashboards (unknown original source)

King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

Nsider/GamesFaq (unknown source)

1. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) (5 entries)
2. King Dedede (Kirby franchise) (5 entries)
3. Krystal (Star Fox franchise) (4 entries)
4. Ridley (Metroid franchise) (4 entries)
5. Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) (4 entries)
6. Claus (Mother 3) (4 entries)
7. Diddy Kong (DK franchise) (4 entries)
8. Takamaru (The Mystery of Murasume's Castle) (3 entries)
9. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing franchise) (3 entries)
10. Captain Olimar (Pikmin franchise) (3 entries)
11. Megaman (2 entries)
12. Black Shadow (F-Zero franchise) (2 entries)
13. Deimru/Deimelle (Tomato Adventure) (2 entries)
14. Jeff (Mother 2/ Earthbound) (2 entries)
15. Ray 01 (Custom Robo franchise) (2 entries)
16. King K. Rool (DK franchise) (2 entries)
17. Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight) (2 entries)
18. Professor Kawashima (Brain Age) (2 entries)
19. Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu) (2 entries)
20. Diddy and Dixie Kong as a team (DK franchise) (2 entries)
21. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) (2 entries)

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Youre not missing much on the gamefaqs/gamespot forums. There used to be heated Geno debates. However, now its just the same guy who made the first 2 flaming Geno over and over again trying to get his post count to 500....AGAIN!!! We already destroyed his first 2 topics and hes working on a 3rd. As for Smithy gang assist trophies Im pro Exor, that idea was genius lol or maybe Bowyer could come down and rain arrows on people that damage/paralyze. I wouldnt mind seeing the Axem rangers unleash the "Breaker Beam" on the field lol. That would be insane, problem is it reminds me of Metaknight's ship the Halberd lol. No other enemies really stand out to me.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Youre not missing much on the gamefaqs/gamespot forums. There used to be heated Geno debates. However, now its just the same guy who made the first 2 flaming Geno over and over again trying to get his post count to 500....AGAIN!!! We already destroyed his first 2 topics and hes working on a 3rd. As for Smithy gang assist trophies Im pro Exor, that idea was genius lol or maybe Bowyer could come down and rain arrows on people that damage/paralyze. I wouldnt mind seeing the Axem rangers unleash the "Breaker Beam" on the field lol. That would be insane, problem is it reminds me of Metaknight's ship the Halberd lol. No other enemies really stand out to me.
i liked a lot of the other enemies that WEREN'T affiliated with smithy. people like booster, dodo/valentina, knife guy/other guy, belome...

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Booster was fun....but fighting him was optional unless you botched his minigame 3 times. As for Dodo and Valentina.....bleck lol. I dont think I want to see them remade. Croco would be easy though.....maybe he could toss bombs or something.

Edit: I forgot Belome....he was REALLY fun lol. I loved fighting him especially when he made clones....although thats hardly smash material. He cant really do anything but eat people and Kirby and Yoshi can already do that.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Booster was fun....but fighting him was optional unless you botched his minigame 3 times. As for Dodo and Valentina.....bleck lol. I dont think I want to see them remade. Croco would be easy though.....maybe he could toss bombs or something.

Edit: I forgot Belome....he was REALLY fun lol. I loved fighting him especially when he made clones....although thats hardly smash material. He cant really do anything but eat people and Kirby and Yoshi can already do that.
nonetheless......... booster had the LOCO TRAIN!

Top Bottom