• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL FL Brawl 2011 Power Rankings (Updated 8/26/11)

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
LOL I was waiting for the MM to pop into mind.

I will not MM you because you use Falco. While I feel I MIGHT lose to you in a MM, I still know that I am better than you. You just use a R.O.B Counter, so therefore in a Set against me, you would do better, but even then, you aren't to bright at the R.O.B MU, so I feel I might win.

If you use Snake, the exact same logic applies.

If you go to this, I WILL LOVE TO $5 MM you!!! =DDD

8Bitman

Smash Master
LOL I just meant that I would not $100 MM. But I will $5 MM.

Sorry I kinda thought that this was Justin's ZP Monthly thread.

Are you going Saturday?

Edit: D-Torr just made my night... XDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

8Bitman

Smash Master
Well if you can't MM don't worry about it. I don't care, I just like it cuz it's legit practice rather than just Friendlies.

I just haven't seen you at a tourney in forever and I wanted to play you.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
If you can't switch on tourney mode w/o some money on the line i feel sorry for you.
I don't understand this. Shouldn't you only activate tourney mode with money on the line? Or some kind of challenge? Of course people wouldn't take a normal match as serious as a MM or a tourney match.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I don't understand this. Shouldn't you only activate tourney mode with money on the line? Or some kind of challenge? Of course people wouldn't take a normal match as serious as a MM or a tourney match.
This is a fallacy. Not all players are motivated by money. There are many players who play as hard as they can all the time because that's what they believe in. Ryo is a prime example of that.

(I could have said myself but Ryo is a better example)

Xaltis

Smash Hero
This is a fallacy. Not all players are motivated by money. There are many players who play as hard as they can all the time because that's what they believe in. Ryo is a prime example of that.

(I could have said myself but Ryo is a better example)
I would only go tourney mode if it was for money, tourney matches, or serious training.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Kuro that is not the point.

You have a different mindset in Friendlies than you do in an actual Tourney/MM. You cannot practice that mindset if you don't have the requirements for said pressure, which is money. Friendlies are free, therefore leaving no possible way.

Yes I play my best in Friendlies, but that is different from the exact way I play in Tourney/MM... Hopefully it is the same for you.....

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
What are friendlies?

/FGC

Anyway, I'm one to play my hardest at all times. I truly believe that players that don't play their hardest at all times not only hamper their community by not allowing them to learn, grow, and adjust to you, but also hampering your own development. A great player would want his opponent to get better because then they too can adjust and both players can keep growing.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Anyway, I'm one to play my hardest at all times. I truly believe that players that don't play their hardest at all times not only hamper their community by not allowing them to learn, grow, and adjust to you, but also hampering your own development. A great player would want his opponent to get better because then they too can adjust and both players can keep growing.
This is a fallacy. You could be extremely tired/exhausted playing at 4:00 am and you wouldn't be playing your best. It wouldn't be, because you don't want to it's because your unable to. Players not 100% always playing their best isn't "hampering" the community.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
You know Taylor, it's great you say that because you do bring up a great point. It's incredibly difficult to play 100% of the time. However, the intention to give your best regardless is what counts. I'm not immune to that either but I can attest and everyone that has played me can attest to me giving it my all at the point in time when I play(ed) them. Will I play sloppy? Of course. No one plays perfect. However, I'm not "griefing" anyone. You said you play your hardest in tourney matches, money matches, and serious training. I'm going to emphasize serious training because that's what this is about. I'm not talking about clearly fooling around for ****s and giggles. I understand the need for that too as a release but I'm clearly not talking about that and you should know I'm not.

Edit: and LOL at Garret

Edit 2: Vinyl, he was probably playing the hardest he's ever played. He was sweating buckets.

Mampam

Smash Ace
Well when Mampam says something like that you can only say "JOOOOHHHHNS" to him.
LOOOOOOOOL, i had to work from 9pm - 4:15am THEN get up at 7am to take the bus to Eds appt, THEN do a few friendlies

i was only able to close my eyes on the road to NLL LOOOOOL

and LOL Vinyl, im always like that when playing my closest friends, its just a mental block i have

i was dying of nervousness before the tourney even started, hence, if you saw me lying on the couch before

Xaltis

Smash Hero
LOOOOOOOOL, i had to work from 9pm - 4:15am THEN get up at 7am to take the bus to Eds appt, THEN do a few friendlies

i was only able to close my eyes on the road to NLL LOOOOOL

and LOL Vinyl, im always like that when playing my closest friends, its just a mental block i have

i was dying of nervousness before the tourney even started, hence, if you saw me lying on the couch before
Like I said.

"JOOOOOHHHHHHNNNNNNSSSSSS"

Mampam

Smash Ace
Yeah, I get nervous too, to point where my hands start shaking out of the frustration of playing someone that is taking advantage of me.
yeah, for me to the point where i almost drop my controller scramble for it and pause :glare:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You should play to the best of your ability at all times. Clearly being in tournament gives you more pressure so you are going to play a little different; sometimes better sometimes worse. I know that I played better in friendlies with Seibrik tonight than I did at WHOBO3 in tournament. Does that mean I was sandbagging at WHOBO? No, something just wasn't right. I was playing to the best of my ability, but at that moment it wasn't too high.

You should never intentionally try less hard, it defeats the purpose of training and getting better. YOu shouldn't have to take it seriously only when you are "training" because every match with a character you are going to use in tournament is already training. I mean sure, you may be testing a certain playstyle so you might be playing worse since it is different, but you are still playing to the best of your ability with that style.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
You should play to the best of your ability at all times. Clearly being in tournament gives you more pressure so you are going to play a little different; sometimes better sometimes worse. I know that I played better in friendlies with Seibrik tonight than I did at WHOBO3 in tournament. Does that mean I was sandbagging at WHOBO? No, something just wasn't right. I was playing to the best of my ability, but at that moment it wasn't too high.

You should never intentionally try less hard, it defeats the purpose of training and getting better. YOu shouldn't have to take it seriously only when you are "training" because every match with a character you are going to use in tournament is already training. I mean sure, you may be testing a certain playstyle so you might be playing worse since it is different, but you are still playing to the best of your ability with that style.
I duno eric, I was testing out a new style last night, and it seemed to be doing pretty well right off the bat XD

EDIT1:
(right off the bat was a pun for me not using mk btw)

EDIT2:
Btw, I plan on being the first wario to stale his fart.

You heard it here first folks.

Top Bottom