• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official FAU Community Thread (FAU Smashfests Fridays 7-11pm)

White Out

Smash Apprentice
So i brought my wii today Brawl wasn't that bad??????

I 0-Deathed Someone .... Even if the wern't trying you should hit me atleast once

ill bring melee weds

Ed.....

MARTH VS IC GO!!!!!!

White Out

Smash Apprentice
KrazyIvan3003: Join Date: Mar 2008

Stripesorbars3: Join Date: Dec 2008

i kno rite? -_-
Ivan thats chops

Thier should be a 15 winning streak pass the controler rule on the systems including smash

Ed ur oringnal IMO

and that Octapus OMG THAT **** WAS CRAZY!!!!!

White Out

Smash Apprentice
KrazyIvan3003 (4:53:05 PM): HELL YEA
KrazyIvan3003 (4:53:08 PM): wana cyber
KrazyIvan3003 (4:53:11 PM): a/s/l
Link10203 (4:53:12 PM): 0.o
KrazyIvan3003 (4:53:16 PM): 13/f/alaska

Special E.D.

Smash Cadet
WHY THE **** DO I KNO THEY ARE GOING TO SHIELD AND GRAB I STILL RUN INTO THEM. **** this game. practicing doesnt even ****in help. =(

spider_sense

Smash Champion
ED we need to get together and work on your game one on one. Let me know when you guys are coming to ZP, so I can bring my setup. I'll just play you the ENTIRE time ok ED?

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
WHY THE **** DO I KNO THEY ARE GOING TO SHIELD AND GRAB I STILL RUN INTO THEM. **** this game. practicing doesnt even ****in help. =(
It's not practicing, it's your aggro mindset. You need to chillax and take time to read your opponent.

Just take it easy. Even I manage to get wins by reading my opponents, even if they are leagues better technically, like that other Samus player for example.

remember we need to meet up by the jungle gyms. O=
I'D LIKE YOU TO HAVE A SEAT OVER THERE....

SF4 is a different story Ivan, I'm good but I'll be a newbie to this new format just like you.

Special E.D.

Smash Cadet
ED we need to get together and work on your game one on one. Let me know when you guys are coming to ZP, so I can bring my setup. I'll just play you the ENTIRE time ok ED?
yo bro. for real. this is bull**** SHFLn F-Airs and **** and the ***** still grabs me fiajafhshl21hl18p91psq

KrazyIvan3003

Smash Rookie
**** that. play me. everyone is like idk what to do with your link, i dont play him T_T. i can only watch so many germ/skler/stos/spife videos/matchs/combo vids. Q_Q and i flinch to much when i play.

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
Seriously, Ivan, when we say that your Link has gotten mad better, it's because it's gotten mad better. However, on reflection, I think if you spaced your f-airs you'd be able to avoid that shield grab.

Also, consider that throwing a bunch of projectiles is a valid (and often necessary) tactic. If you remember from our dittos, we'd always be throwing boomerangs and bombs at each other? Keep in mind that just because the other person doesn't have those cool things it doesn't mean that you can't throw crap at him. Take Smilez for example. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Also, if you forward smash someone's shield, keep in mind the second swing will usually hit them far away enough so that you can avoid a shield grab.

Lastly, full jumped n-airs are beastly, because if they're shielding below you, you'll still hit their shield as Lnk's leg is being "put away", then you can whip out another one just before landing (their first reaction is usually to shield grab when they get hit with the first kick, and the second kick will hit them in the face).

And the Illusion stabs at the edge = greatest edge guard ever.

KrazyIvan3003

Smash Rookie
Seriously, Ivan, when we say that your Link has gotten mad better, it's because it's gotten mad better. However, on reflection, I think if you spaced your f-airs you'd be able to avoid that shield grab.

Also, consider that throwing a bunch of projectiles is a valid (and often necessary) tactic. If you remember from our dittos, we'd always be throwing boomerangs and bombs at each other? Keep in mind that just because the other person doesn't have those cool things it doesn't mean that you can't throw crap at him. Take Smilez for example. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Also, if you forward smash someone's shield, keep in mind the second swing will usually hit them far away enough so that you can avoid a shield grab.

Lastly, full jumped n-airs are beastly, because if they're shielding below you, you'll still hit their shield as Lnk's leg is being "put away", then you can whip out another one just before landing (their first reaction is usually to shield grab when they get hit with the first kick, and the second kick will hit them in the face).

And the Illusion stabs at the edge = greatest edge guard ever.
i need to do FJ N-airs. i was doing them on my brother yesterday. confused the hell out of him. But i gotta go back to Lcanceling practice and such other technical stuff. xD

Special E.D.

Smash Cadet
soon enough ppl are going to be like dman Special ED *****. the next m2k here i come!! im going have that big *** transformation!!!!!. you'll all shall see!!

Top Bottom