• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Dark Samus for Brawl thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
*shrug* I guess instead of talking about Samus' personality when his (flawed) argument of Samus, Capt. Falcon, and G&W being no better than DS came up, I could have argued that unlike Dark Samus, Game & Watch is the STAR of his series, Ice Climbers are the STARS of their game, Capt. Falcon is the STAR of F-Zero (for the most part), and Samus is the STAR of her series, but that would have been too obvious.

Or would it!?!?!?

*shakes head*

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I never said those three were better than Dark Samus, just that they, too, aren't exploding with personality.

Importance within the game (main characters vs. villains in import factor) is a different argument entirely.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
He's got a point.

But I'm not backing down here, no. When you (at least, when I watched) saw the ending scenes of Windwaker, and when you saw the ending movie of Prime, which "grabbed" you more? Samus is a very static character, and so are most of the Links (with the noted exception of WW's), but at least they can express their feelings visually.

The instances where Samus does communicate with the player (e.g. Fusion text-scenes), she does so in very stark fasion. She never tells you that she's worried, or scared, or happy. She tells you what's going on, and nothing more.
We have gone off topic, but its worth it to defend Samus' honour.

To be honest, I feel Metroid Prime's ending is superior. You need to take more into account when judging a game ending than just the final cutscene (although the shocking creation of Dark Samus made for a great cliffhanger). Metroid Prime ends with two of the greatest boss battles in history: Meta Ridley and Metroid Prime as well as a short-but-sweet cutscene where Samus surveys the destroyed Chozo ruins with a forlorn expression that speaks volumes. I love the story of Windwaker, but its ending left quite a bit to be desired.

The reason Metroid Prime fans can feel such a strong connection to the charcater with very little story is because they witness the entire game through her eyes, allowing them to relate to Samus in way rarely possible.

Samus isn't an open book like WW Link, who is ultra expressive. Her emotions and motives are tightly sealed away, giving her a more complex and mysterious personality.

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
How the hell did we went from dark samus in brawl to samus's personality??
i dont know, maybe because its friday the 13th? (if you beleive in that sort of thing)

(i personally dont think friday the 13th is unlucky, because i got my Wii TODAY!!!! and i have no idea how i am going to cencentrate on my job this evening.)

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Samus is the silent stoic type. She isn't supposed to have tons of lines, anyways. And to say that silent stoic type = personalityless is one of the most blatantly dense statements one could make regarding personalities in stories.

This isn't a case of people "making up" a personality for Samus, either. When she's saved the luminoth from the Ing in Metroid Prime 2, it's Samus that decides that she doesn't need words and instead a wave with the back of her hand to the luminoth conveys the "You're welcome." more than words ever will. That isn't personality-less. That's classic stoic hero man (or woman, in this case) of few words archetype (or to put it more succinctly, "The Professional"). This was not a case of Nintendo simply not being able to make her talk (she does have a voice actor in Metroid Prime, after all). Nintendo decided that Samus' personality is to decide to talk with actions instead of words in scenes like that where she is clearly communicating with others (in this case, giving them a farewell gesture that's worth more than a thousand words)

The lack of emotion in Samus' logs and expositions throughout the various Metroid games (such as the introduction to Super Metroid, for example. Those are Samus' words, after all) also aren't meant to show she's personality-less. It's meant to show that she's a professional who keeps her thoughts and logs restricted to what's important.

You can also derive more of this when you realize that you're playing the games from Samus' perspective. For example, when you FINALLY kill the second major boss in Metroid Prime 2 (that flying wasp thing) and you scan the corpse, Samus's scan scans for like, 50 different ways the thing might possibly ressurect itself AGAIN. You can almost feel the frustrated "YOU'D BETTER FINALLY BE DEAD, DAMMIT" thoughts Samus has while the scan is saying "No life signs detected. No further regeneration noted. Absolutely no chance of revival whatosever" by virtue of Samus having her scanner run through all that stuff in the first place.

Of course, someone who thinks Dark Samus' personality is on par with Samus or Captain Falcon might have trouble understanding this (Um, HELLO F-ZERO GX STORY MODE. And even before that and before the anime, Captain Falcon was always OFFICIALLY described as a professional courageous bounty hunter, whichi s more of an official personality than Dark Samus had. Not his fault his games weren't the proper format for showing that) .

For crying out loud, I'm pretty sure even Samus' own scans of Dark Samus as well as the various pirate logs stated that Dark Samus is a being that lives purely on instinct attracted to phazon to feed on it(which is also why the space pirates couldn't negotiate with her). That means that Dark Samus isn't just personality-less. She OFFICIALLY IS SUPPOSED TO BE PERSONALITY-LESS. All indicators from the (many many many) logs are that she exists only to feed on phazon.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Seriously personality has almost nothing to do with a game like smash, only im stuff like taunts and victory poses do personality counts, thats it, in mid fight personality has little to do, Dark samus is a blood-err phazon thirsty enemy of samus, main enemy in the prime series an is rated one of the strongest characters in nintendos history, who cares is she doesnt have personality, if she has a big role, is popular and has potential to be a unique fighter in the game, then she has a shot...

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Everyone who's popular and has the potential to be a unique fighter yadayadayada has a shot.

I wouldn't put a non-clone Dark Samus at the bottom of the plausible characters chances list, but she certainly has a lot of factors against her that lessen the chance of a non-clone Dark Samus quite a bit (even a clone Dark Samus has a reasonable chunk of things working against her, albeit not as much because clones don't take as long to program and can thus be slapped in at the last minute if need be)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
As far as I know Ice Climbers don't have a personality. Doctor Mario doesn't have one as far I know either, he's only been in puzzle games.

Personality isn't really important in Smash, it's about fanbase and popularity. DS and Ridley are the 2 most popular villians in the Metroid series, so it's not like you have a host of villians to choose from. SA-X isn't an option, she's just a beefed up single cell organism/parasite, nothing note worthy about her/it.

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
Dark samus has a creepy slightly metallic ( like frozen iron) sounding laugh. does that count for anything? it could be used as a taunt, with the same motions used in the cutscene it coems from (forget which)
also thought of something

DS could seperate into phazon particles and reform into herself as an air dodge. thatd be 100% unique as far as ive ever seen

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Well, looks like Tiamat (and others) has me on this.

But doesn't his post also prove this:
Paranoid Android said:
But Dark Samus is a personality-less cliche, and not fit for her (its?) own character slot.
...wrong?

The descriptions in your Log Book is proof that it isn't a cliche; it's a ravenous, mindless beast bent on Samus's destruction. Is that so radically undeveloped, moreso than a character like Kirby (you stole my Cheesecake!? I demand revenge!)? I think not. At least not so much that it should be kept out of it's rightful place in Brawl.

Anyway, I'll retract my statement about Samus being personalityless (but Ice Climbers and G&W still stand), so how bout' we ease up on the Mendez-bash, okay?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
To me DS seems like a mix between Mewtwo and Samus. The phazon is Metwo part and the Phazon suit is the Samus part. I can imagine DS being slowers but more powerful than Samus. Phazon would basically be the selling point for DS, not to the point where every single move uses phazon, but it would be the major difference between DS and Samus.

Lutz

Smash Cadet
In my opinion you all have great reasons why he should be in brawl, but i still feel that we is just taking up space for other character that can make way better additions in brawl the a floating dark samus, named Dark Samus.....

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I suppose being a ravenous phazon devourer who's entire life purpose is apparently to just seek out more phazon to devour (and destroy everything along the way) is as good a personality as any for getting into Smash Bros Brawl. Of course, this is in part because Brawl isn't supposed to be about personalities, anyways (so a posh to the guy who first brought that up).

Getting back on topic, though, I wonder how much time and resources it would take to clone a character's normals and general animations but then make the special moves COMPLETELY different (such as Dark Samus doing that big ground slam explosion thingy for her down-B instead of a bomb attack that normal Samus does). I can't really see any particular need for Dark Samus' normals to be especially different from Samus's (flamethrower being a phazonthrower instead, of course), although this is in part because neither of them do punches and kicks in the actual Metroid games, anyways.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Still samus is a human being, she can punch/kick if necesary, like when she doesnt have any type of weapon, including the varia suit, still dark samus is part radioactive thanx to the phazon, she controls phazon, she can make giant walls of phazon (in the last battle in MP2, where the phazon covers the exit), use phazon beams and anything related with phazon, so she doesnt need to do all those kicks, punches and stuff like that....

In case someone watches the show, dark samus would be kinda like gaara of naruto (search in youtube just in case u dont), using the phazon to attack, she will probably just use her arms to control the phazon, and obcourse the cannont to shoot beams, just like gaara (he uses sand to attack) he just moves his arms to point what the sand should do and where to go, samus should do the same, using phazon for her moves and not fisical attacks, she would have range of that of an average swordsman, and have a lot of power, slow speed, and be a tad floaty, since she ALWAYS floats...

thats my idea anyway...

Lutz

Smash Cadet
Still samus is a human being, she can punch/kick if necesary, like when she doesnt have any type of weapon, including the varia suit, still dark samus is part radioactive thanx to the phazon, she controls phazon, she can make giant walls of phazon (in the last battle in MP2, where the phazon covers the exit), use phazon beams and anything related with phazon, so she doesnt need to do all those kicks, punches and stuff like that....

In case someone watches the show, dark samus would be kinda like gaara of naruto (search in youtube just in case u dont), using the phazon to attack, she will probably just use her arms to control the phazon, and obcourse the cannont to shoot beams, just like gaara (he uses sand to attack) he just moves his arms to point what the sand should do and where to go, samus should do the same, using phazon for her moves and not fisical attacks, she would have range of that of an average swordsman, and have a lot of power, slow speed, and be a tad floaty, since she ALWAYS floats...

thats my idea anyway...
All I heard was Phazon, Phazon, Phazon, Phazon, Phazon! and then Dark Samus could just use Phazon! Vote no for Dark Samus in Brawl and Vote yes for Ridley!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Let me see:
Lutz... 46 posts yeah new guy thought so...

Ok ever tought maybe BOTH can b in the game??
Yes ridley has more rights, vut dark samus (for the record DS is NOT samus) is the main villain in the prime series, u know the one that brought back the metroid from the dead?? ridley should b in the game to represent the entire metroid series, while DS should represent the prime saga...

cmon thats 4 metroid characters in brawl (3 if u dont count zamus) I say thats number of characters will do, some hunters wouldnt hurt though...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I agree. There's nothing wrong with having Samus, Ridley and DS. The more [Metroid characters] the merrier, right now hardly any Metroid characters are represented so putting in the 2 best villians would be a good way to rectify the problem.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree. There's nothing wrong with having Samus, Ridley and DS. The more [Metroid characters] the merrier, right now hardly any Metroid characters are represented so putting in the 2 best villians would be a good way to rectify the problem.
^^^ I'm with you. 4 Metroid Characters isn't crazy, it is actually the perfect number (those four IMO should be Samus, Zamus, Ridley, and DS). Metroid villians IMO are even more important than the LOZ, which means two isn't crazy.

In fact, I'm pretty sure Ridley has been in every Metroid game (wether MR, normal ridley, etc.), and Dark Samus was sorta in MP 1, was the main villian in MP 2, and is still probably the main villian in MP 3 (i dunno about MP Hunters).

I love it when ppl sound like there is minimal room for new characters in SSBB, lol. Last I checked it was still in the BETA stage, and only 11 characters were announced.

Considering it will most likely have 40+ characters, how can you go wrong with filling in spots with DS and Ridley, vs crap characters noone likes, nobody cares about, nobody knows, o nooner play as vs awsome originals. I know Ridley could pull a easy original moveset, and DS could too, DS would just need a little thinking, that's all!

BOTH DS and Ridley for Brawl=pure ownage+ happy me! :) :) :)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Stryks could, but that doesn't mean she'd be any closer to getting in. I'm confident Sakurai can make a decent moveset with anyone he wants.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I love it when ppl sound like there is minimal room for new characters in SSBB, lol. Last I checked it was still in the BETA stage, and only 11 characters were announced.
But it's not an unfounded statement. Sakurai himself said that not all characters would be returning BECAUSE they'd be unable to muster up the resources to include them all (more specifically, he basically said "Despite our efforts, sadly not all characters will be returning. Sorry, we'll try our best, though" (heavily paraphrased)

So as you can see, the resources and time to cram the game with characters are far from unlimited.

Furthermore, the game is probably going to be released in only six more months or so, yet only 11 characters were revealed. You say that as if it's a good thing, but WHAT IF only 11 characters were revealed BECAUSE only 11 characters were finished?

In that case, that would mean that they've spent almost two years on the game and only have six-eight months or so left yet only were able to finish 11 characters so far! That's horrible!

(of course, that's all What-If)

I mean, for crying out loud, I could be more optimistic if the 11th character who was touted as a "newcomer" was someone ACTUALLY NEW unlike FOX, but revealing Fox as the 11th character and then throwing such a big hullabaloo about it when we all knew he'd be in anyways makes me wonder if they revealed Fox because they had NO ONE ELSE TO REVEAL.

Even Nintendo Power stopped coming out with new Smash Bros. files, likely due to the lack of anything new on the Brawl front.

So don't be so certain that Sakurai will find time to add DS after Ridley. Sakurai wouldn't have dropped the bombshell early on that not all characters would be returning if Sakurai himself felt that there'd be plenty of time to make the uber dream roster. Heck, Sakurai himself didn't seem very optimistic. Instead of saying "You're going to love the roster we come up with!", he said "Sadly, we won't be able to have all characters return, but we're going to try our best, though, so we hope you'll like it." Doesn't exactly ooze confidence to me.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But it's not an unfounded statement. Sakurai himself said that not all characters would be returning BECAUSE they'd be unable to muster up the resources to include them all (more specifically, he basically said "Despite our efforts, sadly not all characters will be returning. Sorry, we'll try our best, though" (heavily paraphrased)

So as you can see, the resources and time to cram the game with characters are far from unlimited.
Show me a release date, then I'll step down. That whole Prepare to Brawl 2007 could be easily disporved, considering Nintendo is known for delaying their best games (*cough* Twilight Princess), and they prefer to perfect them instead of leaving their games unfinished.

I know resources aren't unlimited, but hey they got good sources. This is simply Nintendo's most important console game to come out, and what 11 characters means wat? Don't make me quote Miyamoto again, lol.

After all Miyamoto delays the best of games, and I am begining to think SSBB has a good shot at coming out Q 1 or 2 2008. Besides, Sakurai could easily change his mind on wat he said, and DS & Ridley are far more important than a lot of the character recommendations I've heard.

And since when is DS coming out after Ridley? Neither have been announced, and saying one will come out before the other is simply pointless. It isone thing to say IMO one is in, one isn't, but saying they'll run out of time. Look at Nintendo, they have delayed so many games in their long history, just to perfect them in any and every way.

With their top selling GC game's sequal in SSBB, it isn't out of the picture that they'll delay the game to add characters, courses, features, and work on the battle system. Actually delays can prety much be expected, after all it is Nintendo, lol! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Red Exodus

Smash Master

Furthermore, the game is probably going to be released in only six more months or so, yet only 11 characters were revealed. You say that as if it's a good thing, but WHAT IF only 11 characters were revealed BECAUSE only 11 characters were finished?

In that case, that would mean that they've spent almost two years on the game and only have six-eight months or so left yet only were able to finish 11 characters so far! That's horrible!

(of course, that's all What-If)

I mean, for crying out loud, I could be more optimistic if the 11th character who was touted as a "newcomer" was someone ACTUALLY NEW unlike FOX, but revealing Fox as the 11th character and then throwing such a big hullabaloo about it when we all knew he'd be in anyways makes me wonder if they revealed Fox because they had NO ONE ELSE TO REVEAL.

Even Nintendo Power stopped coming out with new Smash Bros. files, likely due to the lack of anything new on the Brawl front.

So don't be so certain that Sakurai will find time to add DS after Ridley. Sakurai wouldn't have dropped the bombshell early on that not all characters would be returning if Sakurai himself felt that there'd be plenty of time to make the uber dream roster. Heck, Sakurai himself didn't seem very optimistic. Instead of saying "You're going to love the roster we come up with!", he said "Sadly, we won't be able to have all characters return, but we're going to try our best, though, so we hope you'll like it." Doesn't exactly ooze confidence to me.
I'd love to see that release date. Source please. As far as I know Brawl doesn't have a release date so they can't 'run out of time'.

You also need to remember this is Sakurai's last Smash. So you can't say "Release Brawl soon and put all of that stuff you didn't finish in the next one, kthxbai", because Sakurai's input will not be in the Smash after Brawl. I'm gonna treat this like the last Smash because Sakurai made all 3 Smashes we know so the one after Brawl isn't going to have that 'Sakurai touch' that the first 3 have.

I heard Sakurai wants to represent the Metroid franchise more, but no one ever gave a source so as far as I'm concerned he's treat Metroid the same as most other franchises.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Stryks could, but that doesn't mean she'd be any closer to getting in. I'm confident Sakurai can make a decent moveset with anyone he wants.

Yeah, I agree. I mean,Captain Falcon were Fox were never really shown outside their vehicles before SSM(doing attacks anyway),so I don't see why Dark Samus couldn't have a good one, or anyone, for that matter.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Does someone on this thread honestly think Brawl isn't making the '07 deadline? I don't wanna' know how probable it is; just if you believe it'll make it.

Think about this: the PS3's getting Guns of the Patriots, the 360 has Halo 3, and Wii has (as of now, confirmed) Galaxy. Mario's a bigger deal than MGS4, but not as much as Halo. What Ninty (as I see it) should do, is get Galaxy out right after Summer, Brawl during November, right alongside Halo 3, then save Corruption for those crappy Winter months.

I know I got off-topic there, but hopefully you see my point: Nintendo's biggest game saleswise out of the 3 is easily Brawl, and they really need to get it out there before December.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That would require them to work towards a deadline, which is an awful idea if you want to make a game come out well, it would just add unnecessary stress to the hard working staff there. They should release the games when they are finished, that way we get the best product.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see that release date. Source please. As far as I know Brawl doesn't have a release date so they can't 'run out of time'.
Show me a release date, then I'll step down. That whole Prepare to Brawl 2007 could be easily disporved, considering Nintendo is known for delaying their best games (*cough* Twilight Princess), and they prefer to perfect them instead of leaving their games unfinished.

I said PROBABLY. Do you not know what that word means? Do I need to link you to a dictionary? Here's a good one. www.webster.com. Go look up the definition of "Probably" and then maybe (MAYBE) I'll see you worth bothering to get back to.

I suppose I'll bother with you long enough to state that even if Brawl DOES get delayed, I find it HIGHLY doubtful Nintendo will delay Brawl for friggin' Dark Samus. She isn't THAT top in the running that Nintendo would delay Brawl so they could churn her out as a playable character, but feel free to keep deluding yourselves that she is.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
You know what, I think I'll smite your pathetic pointless requests for sources just because I can in the span of 2 minutes. Hopefully you've used those 2 minutes to look up the definition of the word, "Probably", by now.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/737/737632p1.html

Mostly, Sakurai reinforced statements he'd made in the past about his big Wii project. Smash Bros. Brawl will definitely see Japanese release in 2007, he said, although he wouldn't commit to a more specific time frame.
(of course, this article says "definately" which is even BETTER than "probably", but if you don't even know the meaning of "probably", I'm not going to take chances with you knowing the meaning of "definately")

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Never heard of something in the gaming biz know as a delay? Last time I checked LoZ: TP was supposed to be for GC and it was supposed to be out in 2005. Look what happened now, they game is a lot better in terms of graphics and length.

Honestly you want a half-***** Smash. It's Sakurai's last so he could rush it and give us a piece of crap or he could take his time, do everything right, because after this there might not be a next smash to look for to.

EDIT: Way to go! You're so good at arguing point that you have to insult [better know as flaming] or intelligence! Nice job! You're a master at debating! We should all go hide in a corner before the wrath of Tiamat is unleased upon us! Now you can go flame some other thread and make yourself look oh so smart just like you did in this one.

\sarcasm

You know when you have to insult someone's intelligence that you've run out of points. You've made you point. Kthxbai.

Oh yeah Tiamat, before you go and use that infinite knowledge on some other thread asnwer me this. Who is making Brawl. IGN or Sakurai?

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
for example, here is a 99+%noncloned moveset

B - Phazon Scatterblast - fires a multitude of tiny phazon particles forward which spread out as they reach a greater distance. each particle does minimal damage but there will be alot in a very small area when your in short range so higher overall damage done, with next to nothing at a distance. Can be charged to fire a greater number of particles (think samus's charge shot only with a bunch of tiny particles that spread out as they go, being a deep blue colour with a cold radiance. this is the only idea somewhat taken from samus's attacks of SSBM/SSB.)

BSide - Phazon Boost - Dark samus enters her version of morph ball and boosts forward, hitting anybody along the ground in front of her. cannot change direction naturally but will rebound after hitting an object/item/player. travels medium to long distance. does not work well in the air unless you land on somebody, as when use in the air there is nothing to gain traction on to boost, and the vast majority of the momentum is wasted fast. high knockback at trajectory similar to fox's reflector. also can not stop of the player's volition, it must use up its full momentum.so dont use this near an edge as there may not be enough air time to use up the momentum before it's too late for you to reach back up. (to somewhat prevent this, as listed above being airborne will finish the momentum quickly, allowing you the chance to recover)

BDown - Assimilate. before absorbing the phazon suit, metroid prime/dark samus gained powers by absorbing things (just like she gained samus's appearance and abilities through absorbing dna and the phazon suit). This ability plays on that. Dark samus will assimilate the next missile-attack she is hit with in the next (timeframe equivalent or slightly less than the counter window for marth and roy). if dark samus remains undamaged or interrupted for a second or two after that, her next Bdown attacks will use the assimilated missile attack instead. each attack is given a new graphic (phazon powered) and deals slightly more damage than the original, with a few points damage over time (from the phazon residue), but has a chance of exploding during the attack, dealing damage to friend and foe alike within the (small relatively) blast radius (when it does explode, its gonna right next to dark samus, so only melee range opponent and firened need worry about that.). The chance of a misfire is higher with each subesquent use (maybe starts a 5% than goes up in 5% intervals or something liek that). Dark samus retains this new ability until death or taunting (like kirby removing copy) of ir it his balsted out of here (see next bit). over time, there is an increasing chance that each hit dark samus takes will cause her to lose the assimilated missile attack.

BUp - <not net named> - Dark samus charges up slightly, then blasts in a direction of your choice, using her body as a missile. you know what ive mean if youve fought DS in prime 2 at all. if use in the air you have free control over it, if use on the ground you will rise up to say half a jump height of DS before firing. this move creates a blast if it hits the ground or a wall, doing higher damage. has high lag after using if it hits the ground, roughly half of it you are vulnerable. (like when she lands from that in prime2, she lets her sheilding go down before she can get up, only with this you get a bit more of a chance to blast her b4 she moves). this is a recovery move.

Super smash attacks - two possibilities, damage in line with other super smash atatcks
1. Dark samus rises up at the center of the stage and creates an orb shaped phazon sheild around herself (see latter half of final dark samus fight and youll know exactly how i mean this attack to work) and fires phazon-charged blasts in every direction that home in on nearby players.

2. Dark samus's shape blurs and she morphs into the arachnid-like metroid prime and fires beam balsts eveerywhere, then becomes the true essence of metroid prime (the floating skull shaped thing with tentacles) and does an energy shockwave attack. (taken directly from the final fights against metroid prime in prime 1)

doesnt sound like samus clone so far.

grab - Reaches with the lightning-phazon used when she is absorbing phazon in a few different scenes of prime 2 and grabs the enemy (simlar idea to grapple beam or hookshot) and pulls them in close.

grab-attack - energy riples through the phazon-lightning thing, damaging the hapless victim

upthrow - whips the target upwards then hits it with a missile blast

downthrow - creates a pool of damaging phazon at dark samus's feet (does not hurt DS of course) and pushes the enemy into it

forwardthrow - throws the enemy forward and whips it away with the phazon lightning thing.

backwards throw - tosses enemy backwards and fires mini version of the phazon scatterblast at them.

air-dodge - splits into phazon particles, then reforms (stays seperate for the air dodge duration)

stand/dash styles. dark samus is on the ground properly while standing still, but levitates while she runs/walks

taunt - that cold evil metallic-echo like laughter we all know fits so well (from i forget which cutscene in prime 2)

(from this point forward, the moveset is almost entirely invented from scratch as dark samus was never show doing a real melee attack.p)

A - punches with a phazon-chargesd fist
AA - follow up with a hit from the arm-cannon (she doesn really have another hand after all)
no 3A combo attack. the 2-hit will just scale up to do similar total damage.

Dash attack - charges forward and attacks with a wave of pure liquid phazon. the residue left on the target and on the ground will do medium damage over time b4 it dissipates. does not really have much knockback and the Damage over time is the main source of damage on this attack. the direct damage from the hit of the wave is only a couple points.

Ftilt - swipes at the enemy with the arm-cannon.
Dtilt - kicks out at the enemy
Utilt - creates a small explosion of phazon right above herself.
.... there is no back tilt attack in melee is there?

Nair - phazon energy arcs from DS's body, damaging opponents that are touching her.
Fair - spikes the opponent with both arms. this is a spike if that wasnt already obvious.
Dair - drill-style kick combo attack. she levitates so this attack wont auto-cancel of she reachs the ground.
Bair - does a horizontal spin-kick to hit opponents behind her.
Uair - phazon-lightning attack above her.

smashes.

Down smash - A wall of light errupts on both sides, makin a cylinder around her and balsting enemies in melee away. ( the attack she uses if you let her get close in any of the fights)

up smash - fire a phazon super-missil style attack which explodes directly above her

Side Smash - swings her fist and arm cannon covered in pahzon energy to hit the enemy away.

general statistics.

Weight/easy to knock off - Ds levitates and being made of phazon rather than metal isnt that heavy. heavier than mewtwo by a little.

jump hieght. - medium-high as she levitates to move normally. just the regular 2 jumps.

ground - ground sheildrolls are very fast like the dodges she uses in prime 2 that usually get your lock off of her. her actual movement speed is average on the ground (faster than her motion in the fights)

if you want me to be more specific or if i missed anything let me know, otherwise that is pretty much my DS movesest.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I think you've made your point; It's not impossible (or even improbable, as I see it) to see an original Dark Samus in Brawl. But there's still the possibility of clon-age...so don't get your hopes up.

And you know, even if it gets in, no matter what form it's moveset takes, you're not going to know about it until the game comes out, since it'd most definitely be an unlock.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah no doubt about that dark samus will have to be an unlockable character, still many time has our points been made: dark samus CAN be a unclone character...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yeah no doubt about that dark samus will have to be an unlockable character, still many time has our points been made: dark samus CAN be a unclone character...
Well so could Ken Masters, but that doesn't mean it's anymore likely.

Seriously, this isn't an issue any longer: DS CAN BE ORIGINAL. Big whoop; now how about something else?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
something else? Like what? I'd rather see the Metroid series get some more representives than see another Mario or Pokemon character, the variety is pretty scanty when it comes to Super Smash bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom