• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Dark Samus for Brawl thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
This bull about Dark Samus being a clone or even worse, a different version of Samus is making me sick. Dark Samus is a seperate character, not a different version of a character. Now, Young Link and Dr. Mario, those are different versions of a charcter and are not seperate at all aside from age (Y. Link) and occupation (Dr. Mario). Zero Suit Samus has been confirmed as "not a solid character addition" and will instead appear under certain circumstances while playing as Samus. In this case, Zamus does not take a spot. Dark Samus only shares two things in common with Samus, her name and to a small extent, her suit. They are not even the same species and have a wide variety of moves that are different from the other. As for Metroid rep in Brawl, if the things about Zamus are true and Dark Samus gets in also, they will only fill two character spots and Ridley can have one as well. I do support Ridley for Brawl but I also support DS. Over the years, Metroid has rapidly risen as a very successful franchise and it needs its rep to cover this success. The reason DS would be in is because she is the main antagonist is all three Metroid Primes, which means she would cover Samus's new generation games whereas Ridley can cover her old genertion games. Bring me one good reason that is impossible to disprove and I won't support DS anymore. The reason I am so confident, is because there are no good reasons.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I am not arguing that they are clones. I believe the supporters when they say Dark Samus has her own arsenal of diverse moves as well as a different means of travel. I understand the origins of Dark Samus. However, I still say no.

First let me rectify a few things. Zamus might have her own spot. That sentence is ambiguous and translated. It could easily mean that Zamus is not a pure character addition because she is Samus. And Samus is also in the game. So she is a double of a character and thus not a "pure character" addition. But anyways, Zamus still takes a spot because she will have her own moves and animations. Whether she is on the select screen or not, time that could be spent on another character is used on her instead. Sheik is not a pure character addition, but still she is another character.

There is no reason to fill up the character slots with different versions of suits from the Metroid Series. Ridley is the most prominent villain and would have unique stats and moves. He offers much more then Dark Samus.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I am not arguing that they are clones. I believe the supporters when they say Dark Samus has her own arsenal of diverse moves as well as a different means of travel. I understand the origins of Dark Samus. However, I still say no.

First let me rectify a few things. Zamus might have her own spot. That sentence is ambiguous and translated. It could easily mean that Zamus is not a pure character addition because she is Samus. And Samus is also in the game. So she is a double of a character and thus not a "pure character" addition. But anyways, Zamus still takes a spot because she will have her own moves and animations. Whether she is on the select screen or not, time that could be spent on another character is used on her instead. Sheik is not a pure character addition, but still she is another character.

There is no reason to fill up the character slots with different versions of suits from the Metroid Series. Ridley is the most prominent villain and would have unique stats and moves. He offers much more then Dark Samus.
OK then, the Metroid series is still popular enough to recieve four reps and it hasn't recieve much rep in the past so that would make up for it AND Sakurai openly stated that it was underrepped and he was going to do it justice, that part doesn't really matter. The different suits argument doesn't really say much as nothing truly changes when adding a new suit whereas DS has several different moves to the point of having no similiarities at all. The "not a pure character addition" has been confirmed with another quote "will appear under certain conditions" so she won't appear on the character select screen. It doesn't matter anyway because we are talking about DS.

Body structures don't matter either because:

-Mario/Dr. Mario
-Zelda/Female Wire Frame/Peach
-Capt. Falcon/Male Wire Frame/Ganondorf

So when you look at it that way, it doesn't matter in the body stucture area. As for the name itself, get over it, just like you did with Y. Link and Dr. Mario.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Secret characters appear "under certain conditions." Your theory is not confirmed. It is an ambiguous sentence that was TRANSLATED. Most of his other writing also has loose translations.

Four characters for the Metroid Series is a strech. You watch. I bet Ridley also gets in and thats it. But then again that means that the Metroid series is getting two new additions which is still alot.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Secret characters appear "under certain conditions." Your theory is not confirmed. It is an ambiguous sentence that was TRANSLATED. Most of his other writing also has loose translations.

Four characters for the Metroid Series is a strech. You watch. I bet Ridley also gets in and thats it. But then again that means that the Metroid series is getting two new additions which is still alot.
Mario had 5 reps, Link had 5 reps, Pokemon had 4 reps, and yet Metroid still only has 2. It has grown in popularity alot lately and does deserve rep for, not only popularity but a severe lack of past rep. I do support Ridley before DS but I want to see them both and they both deserve a spot. The two quotes "not a pure character condition" and "will appear under certain conditions" were in the same sentence unless he wanted to say that Zamus has her own spot and is still just Samus and she is unlockable in the same sentence. It is far more likely that he wanted to say that Zamus is not on the character select screen and will appear when something happens to Samus as these two subjects go together better than same character as another character, and you have to unlock her.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
That does not confirm the quote though. And since it is a translated sentence the exact structure of it does not necessarily give us a definite clue on which theory is right. The other games have more rep, yea. But don't forget some of those reps are cloned characters. Since Sakurai wants to get rid of clones and is going to cut characters, the clones might have a greater chance of going. Would Sakurai really have added Doc Mario, Y. Link, and Pichu if there weren't time restraints? I don't think he would. So Pokemon might be cut down to 3 reps.

And anyways Sakurai might have to give more rep to other franchises like DK who only has one as well as filling in characters from new franchises. That is why he shouldn't go overboard on overrepping some franchises.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
That does not confirm the quote though. And since it is a translated sentence the exact structure of it does not necessarily give us a definite clue on which theory is right. The other games have more rep, yea. But don't forget some of those reps are cloned characters. Since Sakurai wants to get rid of clones and is going to cut characters, the clones might have a greater chance of going. Would Sakurai really have added Doc Mario, Y. Link, and Pichu if there weren't time restraints? I don't think he would. So Pokemon might be cut down to 3 reps.

And anyways Sakurai might have to give more rep to other franchises like DK who only has one as well as filling in characters from new franchises. That is why he shouldn't go overboard on overrepping some franchises.
The thing about that particular sentence is that it can only be intepretted by speculation since we have little to no information. Speaking of information, although clones have a high chance of leaving, it hasn't been confirmed and I have yet to see the quote where Sakurai has stated that there will be no clones in Brawl unless you can provide a link to it. Despite cuts, those other franchises will no doubt be as heavilly repped as ever since they are so popular. I doubt there will be alot of trophies, modes, or items dedicated to the Metroid franchise so one more character along with Ridley could make up for it. A little off topic though, speculation is pretty hard to argue huh? I have to give you credit for your great debating skills.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Off topic - Yeah, that's why I got pissed when people called Bowserlick an idiot for liking Andross. He's one of the smarter people here.

On-topic - The fact that the sentence is ambiguous does not state that she will be a secret, separate character. You are right, though, that it doesn't state that she'll be a Zelda/Shiek-esque transformation. In fact, taking the sentence in the context of the Smash Dojo profile,

This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!
The last sentence could be a hint that he was talking about Samus removing her suit in-game, referring to the ending of the original Metroid in this case. Just about anyone who plays Melee knows that Samus is a chick (and by "play," I mean own, not pass by at Target with an XBox in the cart), so there wouldn't be a point to "revealing" Samus' gender. So, if he's talking about the games in the last sentence, does it not also make sense that he's talking about the games with the first sentences as well? Going by this, I think his quote means pretty much nothing as far as the status of Zamus goes.

Nevertheless, I still would like to see Dark Samus in Brawl. Not moreso than Ridley, of course, but I think DS has a potential for some interesting moves pulled from the Prime games. Of course, Ridley has a bigger priority (hence he comes first in my sig). I would be disappointed, but not surprised, if DS gets the axe. If so, then it's a shoe-in for SSB4.

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
Dark samus should totally be in brawl. after making her/it such a major part of the metroid prime subseries/trilogy, it would be such a disappointment to have her/it ignored. as an idea for a super smash attack, i would suggest some gigantic phazon explosion-like attack, or perhaps the item causes dark samus to revert to the arachnid-like metroid prime (first form, not the second form) and wtfbbqpwn everybody

Stryks

Smash Hero
Here we go again, lack of imagination... *sigh*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Samus
Theres some info chekc her abilities...

She can be UNIQUE, hell even her stand pose would be diferent since she never touches the ground, dark samus floats...
In her last form in MP2 when eh charges, she can sen 2 blasts of phazon, similair like the kamehameha XD, this could be added, she will take a tad longer to charge, but is worth 2 full power blasts...

Phazon spreder could be the <>B move, the attack wil lhad a tad little lag at 1st, but then fires multiple shots that, like the name says, spreads, if hit in close vcombat, u'll get hit by all the spreader shots, thus will receaive a huge amount of damage, but if u get hit by a far distance, ull receive less damage...

Upb could be the dive bomb, samus will go straight up, then go 45 degrees down and crash to the earth, releasing phazon energy on the impact...

Boost ball, would work like yoshis and jiglys <>B, but leaving phazon in its tracks, thus damaging the oponent if he touches it...

c I did that in like what 5 minutes? sakuai can do way better, not to mention dark smaus may get better attacks in MP3, saeriously saying dark samus should be an alt. costume for samus is like saying jigly should be an alt costume for kirby, wolf for fox and metaknight for kirby...

yes there IS a chance, but seriously I just showed u a good moveset that can be added, and dark samus can be and will be unique, wolf is an example, he can easily have a claw based moveset, which will make him unique, and dark samus is the same story, she has so many atatcks that wil lmake her way unique...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Face it Stryks, you can't convince the whole Smash World Forums community that DS won't be a clone of Samus, but I suppose you can try.

Also with that being said........Dark Samus for the win seeing how I support her and all!!

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Here we go again, lack of imagination... *sigh*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Samus
Theres some info chekc her abilities...
Wikipedia said:
Dark Samus possesses many of the same abilities as Samus, though these abilities are greatly enhanced

It's the same as Falcon-Ganon (Falcon has the same moves as Ganon but they are more powerful)

Ganon is a Falcon clone. That's what I mean It could happen.

Stryks

Smash Hero
U DO know why clones were in melee rite? they had little time and thus they had to fill the roster, so they did the only thing they could with little time, clones, thus ganondorf was made a clone, pichu a clone, doc a clone and so on...

Brawl is diferent, they have had over a year now, and all 07 to finish the game, thats 2 years, I think they would have time to make unique movesets don ya think??...

I only ask for the guys to have a LITTLE imagination, they just hear wolf or dark samus and they rapidly think they would be clones...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
U DO know why clones were in melee rite? they had little time and thus they had to fill the roster, so they did the only thing they could with little time, clones, thus ganondorf was made a clone, pichu a clone, doc a clone and so on...

Nrawl is diferent, they have had over a year now, and all 07 to finish the game, thats 2 years, I think they would have time to make unique movesets don ya think??...

I only ask for the guys to have a LITTLE imagination, they just hear wolf or dark samus and they rapidly think they would be clones...
^^ As Orion would say "Quoted for truth & wisdom." I agree with all three statements.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The problem I have with Dark Samus and also with Wolf is the repetition of looks.

Let me explain this.

Dark Samus and Wolf were made to be rivals to their counterparts. Thus some of their moves and their apperances resemble moves and share physical attributes. This is the rival mold. If rivals are to be added they need to break the rival mold.

Wario broke this mold by wearing his Wario Ware costume and (most likely, judging by Sakurai's comments and videos) having ridiculous, humor based moves (such as farting, dancing, ect.). Also Wario broke far enough from Mario's world by establishing his own array of worlds and games.

Metaknight represents order in a world of choas. Although he resembles Kirby without his armor and sword, his moveset seems almost strictly sword based. Thus I think it could be argued he broke the sterotypical rival mode (darker, evil version of the hero) although not as well as Wario.

Now many people want 2 more sterotypical rival characters in. Wolf and Dark Samus. My first concern is that this game will be flooded with rivals. Smash is about diverse characters. Having a Samus colored black and a Fox colored gray with an eye patch doesn't quite cut it in my book.

Now can these characters break the rival mode. Wolf has been established as a great fighter and pilot. He uses the same weapons as Fox, if perhaps slightly modified. The only real difference is his attitude. But when fighting in Smash attitude doesn't really cut it unless it comes out in the moves. I think Wolf has a very low potential of breaking the mold.

Dark Samus has almost no chance of breaking the mold. Her name is Dark SAMUS. She looks like a DARK Samus. She still shoots things and rolls into a ball. Too similar.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Even though I think that the whole "dark" & "rivalry" anti-hero thing is seriously overated (Shadow Mario, Dark Samus, Wolf, Dark Link, Blood Falcon, MetaKnight, are some examples) it still to this day peaks my interest on what the alter ego looks like and what they can do.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok so im guessing machine guns and claw based moveset for wolf, and the fact that dark samus has totally diferent moves, abilities, weapons and the fact that even her stand pose is diferent doesnt count??

Just because it has SAMUS in the name, doesnt mean its samus, unless obcrouse samus can fight herself in 2 places at once which I doubt, look Dark samus is made of PHAZON, that alone makes her totally diferent, she isnt a melee type character, for her a moves maybe she can use phazon instead of punches and kicks...

I know its hard to imagine, but seriouly she can be unique, she has totally diferent moves, shes made out of phazon, and she has abilities samus herself doesnt, im only discussin DS cause I dotn want to bring wolf here we can do that in the wolf thread...

Look yes she looks like samus, and she she has samus in the name, but is it really that hard to imagine dark samus unique? it isnt, if u have played MP2 u can c why, hell she may be even more unique in mp3, hell she can fly now!! now please just think about it XD...

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
Same name? if we want to get technical we can go around calling dark samus metroid prime. dark samus is just easier to say. metroid prime doesnt sound anything like 'samus' to me. maybe i cant speak properly, you guys try it....

EDIT (SP)

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
oh next, there is a very good, storyline based reason that 'dark samus' aka metroid prime looks like samus. it absorbed the phazon suit at the end of prime 1. if you get right down to it, she/it levitates and moves compltely different. the only similarity there is body model shape and colouring, a relatively small similarity in light of the plethora of details involved. yeah she has some similar moves in style, but being phazon powered they look dramatically different. SSBB could incorporate a completely non-cloned moveset easily. except B (charge beam). i want that to be just a phazon cloned move because i like using it.

thank you and goodbye

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think there are a few good reasons to keep Dark Samus out of the game (even assuming that she will use almost all different moves which Dark Samus supporters have proven she could).

1. She looks like Samus. And even though she floats and is made from phazon, she still looks like Samus just slightly off the ground. Now to some fans this is no big deal. But too people who love the insane flavor of the game, it does matter. And Sakurai seems to be a flavor enthusiast.

2. The game already has rival characters. Wolf and Metaknight. And if Luigi and Falco return, they can be seen as kind of rivals (even though they are sidekicks they still look similar and share similar occupations, fighting styles, ect.) The game will be bogged down by adding more of these types of characters.

3. The game (because of time) has a limited amount of characters that can be shoved into the roster. The Metroid franchise right now is represented by two characters.

NOTE: Samus and Zamus. Zamus counts as a character (even if she morphs) because she most likely has a full or near full moveset and still takes time that could of been used to make a different character.

I can only see one more Metroid character. And that character should be Ridley. Ridley has been in the most games out of his contender, has been a main point in the plot, has a unique look (slender yet menancing pteranodon dragon hybrid), and can represent a unique type of fighter (slightly heavy with multiple jumps and projectiles).

Conclusion: Now those arguments may not be persuasive on their own (at least not arguments 1 and 2), but when taken all together it seems that Dark Samus would be a poor choice.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@ Bowserlick:

"Flavor enthusiast?" Welp, can't argue with that!

Anyhoo, I begrudgingly agree with you on most of that, but what about staying current? An example is Link: he looks like the Link from Twilight Princess. Why? Because that's the most recent game in the series. Now, I'm all for Ridley, but the last game he appeared in was Zero Mission (Corruption's "shaft" demo doesn't count), which was a remake. In current Metroid developments, Dark Samus is the main antagonist, therefore she should have priority.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
As likely as that is, we need no more clones than we already have! Wolf, Roy, I can understand THOSE types of clone, where certain physical features are different. Anyway, that'll probably be an Event Match just like the Dark Link thing.
Who actually thinks clones will return? The whole "clone/rival" schtick ain't going to cut the mustard if the previous clones (Luigi, Falco) are given the original moves they need.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Who actually thinks clones will return? The whole "clone/rival" schtick ain't going to cut the mustard if the previous clones (Luigi, Falco) are given the original moves they need.
Perhaps Luigi and Falco will get new move-sets, but I suspect new clones will also be
added. Designing new movesets is a time consuming process (I assume) therefore saving time by including clones like Dark Samus would make sense.

Past clones like Luigi, Young Link and Ganondorf have demonstrated that a clone can be unique and a valuable addition to the Smash Bros. roster. I see no reason why the same could not apply to Dark Samus.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I think there are a few good reasons to keep Dark Samus out of the game (even assuming that she will use almost all different moves which Dark Samus supporters have proven she could).

1. She looks like Samus. And even though she floats and is made from phazon, she still looks like Samus just slightly off the ground. Now to some fans this is no big deal. But too people who love the insane flavor of the game, it does matter. And Sakurai seems to be a flavor enthusiast.

2. The game already has rival characters. Wolf and Metaknight. And if Luigi and Falco return, they can be seen as kind of rivals (even though they are sidekicks they still look similar and share similar occupations, fighting styles, ect.) The game will be bogged down by adding more of these types of characters.

3. The game (because of time) has a limited amount of characters that can be shoved into the roster. The Metroid franchise right now is represented by two characters.

NOTE: Samus and Zamus. Zamus counts as a character (even if she morphs) because she most likely has a full or near full moveset and still takes time that could of been used to make a different character.

I can only see one more Metroid character. And that character should be Ridley. Ridley has been in the most games out of his contender, has been a main point in the plot, has a unique look (slender yet menancing pteranodon dragon hybrid), and can represent a unique type of fighter (slightly heavy with multiple jumps and projectiles).

Conclusion: Now those arguments may not be persuasive on their own (at least not arguments 1 and 2), but when taken all together it seems that Dark Samus would be a poor choice.
Ok I agree on point one:

Yes they have similair body structure, who am I kidding the body structure is almost identical, not to mention the mp3 look looks even more like samus, solution? not only where her standing pose be diferent, but so will the running pose, DS NEVER touches the fround, she floats, but she doesnt have to be as light as mewtwo, maybe she has powers to float, but does not make her floaty lol, also why not give her like and aurora or some lighting sparks coming off from her body, that will make her look diferent and thus people will not consufe themselves with samus in mid-battle...

Another solution would be giving samus alt. costumes, say someone wants a dark colored saus, dark suit, light color? light suit, more yellowish, power suit (her default suit is the varia suit dont get consued) and also who knows what the mp3 suits will look like...

So what if characters have rival characters, theres only a handful of ally character in the metroid series, while samus has a load of enemis, the hunters, ridley, dark samus, the hunter in mp3 and so on, the only good guy apart from samus in the metroid series that could be added is rundus, still remember sakurai stated he wants to represent far more well the metroid series in smash, now that it has become incredibly popular, I doubt with 3 characters (samus, zamus, and ridley) are enough, not to mention oen character is a transformation, I say with 3-4 characters will do, being dark samus the main enemy in the prime series, the series that brought metroid back from the dead, I say he should be added, and since the hunters thing is becoming popular, I say rundus should be in to represent the hunters in MP3 or sylux to represent the hunters in MPH...

Seriously point 3 is lame, sakurai has had over a year now to make the game, and with all 07 to finish it, he has lods of time, seriously that point is useless cause I can use that same point against well I dont know maybe ANDROSS... se the point fails...

Yes zamus is a totally diferent character, still 2 characters (3 with ridley) aint enough, Kirby will be getting probably 3 characters (kirby, metaknight and dedede) I can hardly c anymore characters from that series, and the kirby series isnt as popular or as important as the metroid series is now, seriously FE qwill probably get 3-4 characters, and it aint as important, and will not be well represented...

Thats my 2 cents, I wont rest until u can use ur imagination and c that dark samus in brawl (not a clone) = possible...

@ wiseguy:
I cant tell ur not very wise lol, clones were added in melee CAUSE OF LACK OF TIME, the deadline for the game was near, and couldnt work on other character but they needed to fill the roster, thus clones were born...

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
So by what you say there does that mean you think Luigi should not be in brawl because he looks like a taller mario with darker hair and green clothes? Luigi is about as important to the mario series as dark samus is to the metroid prime trilogy. maybe kirby and jiggly puff look too similar also? 'because they look the same' is about as good a reason as 'because i dont want them to'. Sorry if you're offended but you need something a little better than that.

Secondly i dont think sakurai is so worried about what he thinks of the game as what WE think of it.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
@ wiseguy:
I cant tell ur not very wise lol, clones were added in melee CAUSE OF LACK OF TIME, the deadline for the game was near, and couldnt work on other character but they needed to fill the roster, thus clones were born...
Ouch. Your insult (and poor sentence structure) wound me.

Read my post carefully. I clearly stated that clones have been and will continue to be necessary due to time constraints. Therefore, Dark Samus' chances of being put in Brawl as a clone are decent.

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
Ouch. Your insult (and poor sentence structure) wound me.

Read my post carefully. I clearly stated that clones have been and will continue to be necessary due to time constraints. Therefore, Dark Samus' chances of being put in Brawl as a clone are decent.
Guess the only thing i see in there that i disagree with is that dark samus would be very easy to create without being a clone of samus. I know you arent saying she/it should be a clone, only that she likely will be, but it would be a real shame to see such a cool character go to the dark (cloned) side. Of course if DS was added as a clone i would be disapointed, but i would still play DS alot.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
I $till don't under$tand why peeps don't want a dark kick a$$ Dark $amus in Brawl. Just cau$e $amus and DS share the $ame name, and have $imilar attribute$ about them doe$n't mean a doggone thing ya dig?

^^Doe$ anyone want me to explain thi$ tired argument even further?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Guess the only thing i see in there that i disagree with is that dark samus would be very easy to create without being a clone of samus. I know you arent saying she/it should be a clone, only that she likely will be, but it would be a real shame to see such a cool character go to the dark (cloned) side. Of course if DS was added as a clone i would be disapointed, but i would still play DS alot.
I like Dark Samus too; however, I'm a realist. Metroid is one of the greatest series of all time, but is greatly underappreciated in Japan. If Ridley gets in (which he most certainly deserves to) there most likely won't be any more Metroid charcaters included.

Dark Samus' only hope for getting in Brawl is as a clone. Would that really be so terrible? Clones like Luigi and Ganondorf are drastically different from Mario and Falcon.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok here I go again, try to keep up guys:

Clones were added in melee cause of lack of time, this is not the story of brawl cause sakurai has had over a year now and all 07 to complete the game, sakurai stated he himself doesnt like clones, so why would he add them now that he has had over a year to develop the game??

Now remember what he said: He wants to better represent the metroid series now that it has become way popular then it was when the 1st 2 smash games were made, now u think he'll represent the series well with just 3 characters (samus, zamus and ridley), one being a transformation? I dont think so, u c the metroid series is now once again popular thanx to the prime saga, who was the main enemy in the prime saga? Dark samus, the guy should be representing that saga, while ridley will represent the metroid series in general, yes it aint as loved in japan as it is here...

Remember what he said of not wanting to put MANY japan only characters? its the same with this, he aint gonna add a low number of character of a series that is a hit in another continent ut not in japan, dark samus is possible, and im a realist too, she has a good shot (not as big as ridleys, but she has one) and even tough they look similair im sure he'll turn out a unique character...

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
the problem is that there is so many opinions on all the character matters. Really it's not up to any of us (which is probably a good thing, for the rest of the world), so we can only hope the people making the game are likeminded to ourselves. I think we needa wait and see, knowing the way melee had G&W, i suspect that they have us in for a few surprises.

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
Face it Stryks, you can't convince the whole Smash World Forums community that DS won't be a clone of Samus, but I suppose you can try.

Also with that being said........Dark Samus for the win seeing how I support her and all!!
The sad truth. but keep trying anyways, i wont give up on a non-clone dark samus either!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I $till don't under$tand why peeps don't want a dark kick a$$ Dark $amus in Brawl. Just cau$e $amus and DS share the $ame name, and have $imilar attribute$ about them doe$n't mean a doggone thing ya dig?

^^Doe$ anyone want me to explain thi$ tired argument even further?
You know you could staple your elaboration on there forehead Alphonso as a reminder that DS won't be a clone of Samus. If anything for the last time guys if she is on the game most likely she'll be Luigified or completely different.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Clones were added in melee cause of lack of time, this is not the story of brawl cause sakurai has had over a year now and all 07 to complete the game, sakurai stated he himself doesnt like clones, so why would he add them now that he has had over a year to develop the game??
I've heard this from a few people, could you please direct me to where Sakuai stated that he does not like clones? If true, I may have to reevaluate by Brawl character predictions.

WaddleDee

Smash Rookie
The middle of nowhere, behind that dust-cloud.
This topic makes me ashamed of the fact that I like the same character. >:

Anyway, as much as I like Dark Samus, I too, am a realist, meaning, Ridley does have a much bigger chance.

I do luff DS. Its only real apparent faults are it 'looks the same', the name 'Dark Samus', and basically it being a so-called 'rival'.

Its move-pool wouldn't be a problem. The way I see it, it would be a combination between Mewtwo and Samus, with a fair amount of new moves. x:

And I doubt DS would have any pure-on physical attacks, like normal punches, kicks and the likes. Most would be... Phazon-based. 8U

Of course, this is my point of view. [:

Shadow10

Smash Rookie
Metroid has to have another character in Brawl. I mean there were 7 mario kingdom in melee and only 1 metroid... Dark samus is the only plausable character they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom