• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Dark Samus for Brawl thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Bring this topic back from Purgatory! RESUBUMPTION!

Seriously, where the heck did the Dark Samus support go?

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Strykes ya cambiale el estilo a tus sigs wey, simpre el mismo fondo con diferente color y la misma letra xD

ONTOPIC: Dark Samus would be a sweet character, but it has low priority over oders (ridley, krystal, Lucario, Munchlax, Geno, etc.)

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Yea, it's hard to come up with good support for Dark Samus, but I think it would be cool if it was a character... anyone know if it's a he/she?

Stryks

Smash Hero
I think it a IT, cause u know he was a metroid, it got the phazon and got that body, I dont know really XD Dark Samus FTW!!!!1!1!

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I'm all for Dark Samus. And I think they should add something in brawl that's like a clothing store. You could by something for characters to make them a little bit different. An example would be purchasing a Dr. Mario costume, or a different kind of link. Maybe even wind waker link. Any way go DARK SAMUS. WOOT.

Off Topic: Stryks how far are you on my banner?

Stryks

Smash Hero
I dont know about the thing of the clothing store, but all the characters should have alt. costumes.

Off topic: Im gettin a kraid render, as soon as it done ill make it fast dont worry XD...

Pyr0

Smash Ace
well it is! but its different too! lol its confusing :S
i welcome dark samus, but its not critical priorty to have it.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I really can't support this idea at all. I know it's been said before, but there are already two variations of Samus in Brawl, and we don't need three. Yes, yes, I know. "But HT, Dark Samus isn't actually Samus!" No kidding. That doesn't change the fact that it is still a Samus. If Mario and Link, arguably Nintendo's biggest characters, only get two, Samus doesn't get more than that.

GodzillaMan

Smash Cadet
^ ZS Zamus and Samus are the same character. So in essence there would still only be 2 Samuses.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
You have obviously never played MP2: Echoes. I highly suggest doing so before saying that DS is an "evil" Samus.

B: Phazon Shot: a beam of Phazon shoots across the screen.
B>: Phazon Shine: a horizontal version of the Shinespark move from Super Metroid, with the same animation as in Echoes.
B^: Phazon Rebirth: DS explodes into a bunch of tiny blue particles. They reform a few feet away in the direction you point the control stick. Similar to Mewtwo's Teleport, only it does damage on appearance/disappearance. Does not heal/reduce damage.
Bv: Phazon Shield: A blue energy shield forms around DS for a short while.

As I've said before, DS is a Samus in name only. Likewise, Luigi is a Mario in name (Mario Mario and Luigi Mario are their full names). If adding DS is three Samuses (which it isn't; Zamus isn't a new character), then there are still more Marios than Samuses. Or, if you count Zamus as an individual, then you have to count Shiek as a separate character, making it two Links and two Zeldas.

Really, there is only one reason why DS shouldn't make it into Brawl: Ridley. If Sakurai decides to add only one new Metroid character, I am all for Ridley first. He did, though, state that he wanted more Metroid representation; adding two and a half new characters from the franchise certainly fulfills that.

I would be very happy if both Ridley and DS make it into Brawl, though I say Ridley comes first. All I ask is...please at least know something about DS before blowing it off as "another Samus."

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
dark samus??

this pic says it all:

"hey, the word "fool" is missing the L ."
- well you can add it yourself and press enter and check what happens !

Stryks

Smash Hero
Uhu... well anyway, paranoid android theres no way DS can be a samus clone, his moves are just way too diferent, if u actually play MP2 u would know...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
what about the A moves? Do you think they can be different enough and still fit Dark Samus's character?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Did someone try to make an entire moveset including A moves? That would be fun to see. I never played Echoes.

Stryks

Smash Hero
U see thats what im talking abotu guys that never played MP2 right away think DS will be a samus clone, use ur imagination guys!!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
^ ZS Zamus and Samus are the same character. So in essence there would still only be 2 Samuses.
Zelda and Shiek are the same person, but are still treated as separate characters. Besides, Zamus is quite obviously going to play much different than Samus, so in a sense there are still two Samus' even if they appear in the same character slot.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
U see thats what im talking abotu guys that never played MP2 right away think DS will be a samus clone, use ur imagination guys!!

You got defensive right away. I just asked if there was a moveset. Of course people are going to think that DARK SAMUS is just an evil version of Samus. How are people who never played Echoes going to use their imagination? They haven't seen her or her moves. That is why I asked for a moveset to determine whether I think she could be unique enough. Instead of easily showing me she is different (which is what you say but refuse to prove) you just end your angry sentences with exclamation marks. I will pose the question again. Since I didn't play Echoes I am asking if there is a moveset made up that captures the way she could fight so I get a better idea of her character. Stryks you could be a little drama queen at times.

Stryks

Smash Hero
B-Moves

B; Phazon shot: Same as Samus's (Only cloned move.)

B<> : DS will turn in to morph ball form and charge forward. If you have gotten to the part where you fight Dark Samus for the second time in the Aerie, you know what this is. Open for name suggestions.

Up-B: Phazon Ball: (Taken from final battle with DS.) Surrounds itself with a ball of Phazon and floats upwards.

Down-B: Phazonic Ground: DS will shoot a Phazon shot at the ground and a patch of Phazon will cover the ground. Anyone who walks on it will take damage depending on how long they stay there. Only one Phazon patch can be laid down at a time. If a second patch is laid the first will blow up with the force of the Peach Bomber attack. Cannot be used in the air.

A Attacks

A: A normal punch with arm-cannonless arm.
A,A: Two punches with arm-cannonless arm.
A,A,A: Two punches and then an arm cannon sideswipe.

Running-A: Similar to Fox and Falcos' except DS travels a farther distance and hits with dark energy.

F-Tilt: Downward Arm Cannon swipe.

U-tilt: Quick over head Arm Cannon swipe

D-tilt: Forward leg sweep. Good for edgeguarding.

Forward Smash: Side swipe with both arms. Hits with dark energy.

Up Smash: Will headbutt upwards with helmet.

Down Smash: Will swing arm cannon around self in a complete circle.

Air Attacks

Normal A: A spin hitting with arm cannon.

Forward A: Upward punch with arm-cannonless

Back A: Will turn opposite way and kick.

Up A: A flip kick

Down A: Drill Kick. Possible meteor smash if hit with tips of feet.

Throws

Grab: DS will use the lightning from the cutscenes when it is absorbing phazon to hold them.

A: Shocks the held opponent.

Forward Throw: Will use the lightning to pull them close then will use phazon beam to shoot them away.

Back Throw: Will use lightning to throw it at the ground behind them.

Up Throw: Wil throw opponent up into the air and smack them with arm cannon.

Down Throw: Will throw at the ground and then use phazonic ground on them. The character this attack is used on will take steady damage for the next couple of seconds.

Super Move: Will turn into skeletal Dark Samus from the final battle with DS. All Attacks deal double damage.

Taunt: Dark Samus will face the screen and all of the blue phazonic parts will glow.

Completed not cloned movelist. Does anyone like it?
there u go, and hey im not the guy who CONSTANTLY defends andross about him being in brawl...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Thanks. She seems more like a Mortal Kombat "clone" then a smash brothers clone in a sense that she looks similar to Samus but all her moves are different kinda like Sub-Zero and Scorpion. Interesting.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, DS is a total it. Something to note, though, is that DS does not run. Ever. It floats everywhere, in a creepy Mewtwo/marrionette fashion. Maybe they could incorporate that into its movement and stats, maybe even a few moves.

And on a different note, I wish people would stop bashing Bowserlick for defending Andross. You gotta admire, if nothing else, his stubbornness.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Another one... Dark samus is WAY diferent from regular samus, just cause it says dark SAMUS, doesnt mean its gonna be a samus clone...

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
They will change Samus so Dark Samus could replace Samus and what are you on they are very similar they have the same abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom