• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Dark Samus for Brawl thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah like samus has a phazon spreader beam, a phazon shield, oh wait yeah samus can also transform into a phazon meteor and dive unto his enemies...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Samus form? who cares the attacks are the important thing, im sayin they wont be clones thanx to the attacks that D.S. has...

awesome

Smash Apprentice
Samus form? could you please clarify what 'Samus form' is? i'm afraid i don't know what you mean by 'samus form.' Unless, of course, you're talking about Metroid Prime itself, and Samus form is when it looks like Samus, with the suit and all. If that's the case, Dark Samus still has enough move potential to be a non-clone.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
What I think he's saying is that Dark Samus would play very similarly to Samus, minus the Zamus.

They are the same have you played MP2?
...Are we even talking about the same MP2 here?! Their attacks and movements are incredibly different. AT MOST, Dark Samus would be like a Luigified Samus. The possibility exists, but...it's not happening. To make DS a clone of Samus would be almost as bad as making Ganondorf a clone of C. Falcon.

Stryks

Smash Hero
But at the end they are not clones, I mean the cape doesnt look anything like the green missile, they have similair moves but they work diferent, luigi is a semi clone, but lets forget about that, DS WONT be a samus clone, its obvious u dont have imagination, friends or a life:

Made of phazon:
DS: Yes
S: NO

Spreader attack:
S: NO

Screw attack:
DS: No
S: Yes

Grapple beam:
S: yes

Morph ball:
Both: yes

Phazon Meteor:
S: No

Skeletal form:
DS:Yes
S: no

Can become invisible:
S: no

Ligh, dark, anihialator, plasma, ice, wave beam:
S: yes

Phazon beam:
DS: YES (can charge it and can shoot it twice)
S: yes (only with phazon suit)

I guess we can conclude this by sayin: DWELLER IS WRONG DARK SAMUS AND SAMUS ARENT CLONES!

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
What about zombie and I never said Luigi was a perfect clone nor did I say Dark Samus would be a perfect clone you are inferring things falsely, also imaginations are for dreamers, fools and philosiphers I am none of the above.

Stryks

Smash Hero
They are the same have you played MP2?
Yep u said they were the same, in other words: same=equal=exact, so u said: They are the same, meanin: THEY WOULD BE CLONES... also Zombie is like ur only friend cause hes just like u, neither a dreamer, fool or philosipher, ******... Dark samus FTW!

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Mario is the same as Luigi in the game not in Melee, so no I didn't say they would be exact clones you inferred it again.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Talkin with u is like talkin with a brick wall: u will accomplish nothing, u said they would be clones, and I prove u wrong, u have obviously been pwned and u wont STFU, so maybe u will when this guy says it:

GodzillaMan

Smash Cadet
Gah, did Basement Dweller even read my moveset?
For his reading disability I will post it again.

B-Moves

B; Phazon shot: Same as Samus's (Only cloned move.)

B<> : DS will turn in to morph ball form and charge forward. If you have gotten to the part where you fight Dark Samus for the second time in the Aerie, you know what this is. Open for name suggestions.

Up-B: Phazon Ball: (Taken from final battle with DS.) Surrounds itself with a ball of Phazon and floats upwards.

Down-B: Phazonic Ground: DS will shoot a Phazon shot at the ground and a patch of Phazon will cover the ground. Anyone who walks on it will take damage depending on how long they stay there. Only one Phazon patch can be laid down at a time. If a second patch is laid the first will blow up with the force of the Peach Bomber attack. Cannot be used in the air.

A Attacks

A: A normal punch with arm-cannonless arm.
A,A: Two punches with arm-cannonless arm.
A,A,A: Two punches and then an arm cannon sideswipe.

Running-A: Similar to Fox and Falcos' except DS travels a farther distance and hits with dark energy.

F-Tilt: Downward Arm Cannon swipe.

U-tilt: Quick over head Arm Cannon swipe

D-tilt: Forward leg sweep. Good for edgeguarding.

Forward Smash: Side swipe with both arms. Hits with dark energy.

Up Smash: Will headbutt upwards with helmet.

Down Smash: Will swing arm cannon around self in a complete circle.

Air Attacks

Normal A: A spin hitting with arm cannon.

Forward A: Upward punch with arm-cannonless arm.

Back A: Will turn opposite way and kick.

Up A: A flip kick

Down A: Drill Kick. Possible meteor smash if hit with tips of feet.

Throws

Grab: DS will use the lightning from the cutscenes when it is absorbing Phazon to hold them.

A: Shocks the held opponent.

Forward Throw: Will use the lightning to pull them close then will use phazon beam to shoot them away.

Back Throw: Will use lightning to throw it at the ground behind them.

Up Throw: Wil throw opponent up into the air and smack them with arm cannon.

Down Throw: Will throw at the ground and then use phazonic ground on them. The character this attack is used on will take steady damage for the next couple of seconds.

Super Move: Will turn into skeletal Dark Samus from the final battle with DS. All Attacks deal double damage.

Taunt: Dark Samus will face the screen and all of the blue phazonic parts will glow.

Completed not cloned movelist. Does anyone like it?

Try and actually read it this time Basement Dweller.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Your more stubborn you refuse to accept any debate in any thread and you only read what you want to hear. Your arguments are pointless and I have played MP2 many times and know the similarities, but you really shouldn't get so worked up over little details or people could use that to intentionally annoy you like I have done in this thread. You take things too seriously and you should ignore some of the comments on the boards you could never be a debater if you get workedup so easily. Anyway as much fun as it is annoying you I'll end it now. I have my speculations about Dark Samus being in Brawl, but they are close enough to be clones and that must be addressed also Ridley is a more unique choice andrepresents the series well so that damages the chances of Dark Samus getting in Brawl. I honestly wouldn't mind Dark Samus, but I loathe the idea of Balloon Fighter in Brawl which you so adamently support with blind passions. You refuse to give any ground and in such threads as these which are made for debates you do not do well for you must relize no idea is perfect and accept the fact that others may find reasons to why an idea is bad all you can do is make personal attacks on those people which will get you no way you must calmly debate them in a manner that neither side is affected by it and hope that your points may sway some of the people and you can't expect to sway all of the people. So don't try.

GodzillaMan you are another one of these people who will always say they are right people don't always agree with the movesets others make so them being there doesn't matter in any way those are still just your opinions and may be used as suggestions only.

Dishoom

Smash Rookie
Dark Samus in Brawl is a sweet idea. She would have some wicked awesome moves and she looks tolly hardcore.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Who says Dark Samus has to be a female just because Samus is means nothing really. I don't think they mentioned the gender of Dark Samus in the game.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Your more stubborn you refuse to accept any debate in any thread and you only read what you want to hear. Your arguments are pointless and I have played MP2 many times and know the similarities, but you really shouldn't get so worked up over little details or people could use that to intentionally annoy you like I have done in this thread. You take things too seriously and you should ignore some of the comments on the boards you could never be a debater if you get workedup so easily. Anyway as much fun as it is annoying you I'll end it now. I have my speculations about Dark Samus being in Brawl, but they are close enough to be clones and that must be addressed also Ridley is a more unique choice andrepresents the series well so that damages the chances of Dark Samus getting in Brawl. I honestly wouldn't mind Dark Samus, but I loathe the idea of Balloon Fighter in Brawl which you so adamently support with blind passions. You refuse to give any ground and in such threads as these which are made for debates you do not do well for you must relize no idea is perfect and accept the fact that others may find reasons to why an idea is bad all you can do is make personal attacks on those people which will get you no way you must calmly debate them in a manner that neither side is affected by it and hope that your points may sway some of the people and you can't expect to sway all of the people. So don't try.

GodzillaMan you are another one of these people who will always say they are right people don't always agree with the movesets others make so them being there doesn't matter in any way those are still just your opinions and may be used as suggestions only.
ZZZzzz... wha? oh srry, n00bish talk makes me fall asleep, dude they are similair no dniying it, the only moves I can c clone are the a moves and BARELY, and DS has so many diferent moves, I mean theres almost no way u can make them clones with all the attacks DS has, I mean ok maybe u think they would be clones, well then ur one of many n00bs that no mather hwo much u tell them they wont change theyre minds, when I 1st saw DS in mp2 i tough right away it would have the same attacks as samus, u got a big surprise when i saw the diferent moves it had in comparisson with samus, right away I tough: this guy would pwn in smash, and now it has a chance to be in it, and right away n00bs fall from the sky and shout: They're gonna be clones!... and thats just dum, any guy with imagination, that has played MP2 (WELL, cause it seems all u did is shoot and not look at its attacks) will know theyre not clones... if u think DS wont make it ok I kinda agree it chances arent as high as ridley, still sayin that it would be a DS clone is just dum...

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
The possibility is there though you can't deny it. No matter how many moves each of them have there is always the possibility of them being clones, how many different styles of sword fighting are there yet Marth and Roy where clones right? I'm sorry, but they are similar enough that they have the possibility and you'll get nowhere with personal insults especially with me.

Stryks

Smash Hero
uhu... well one the designers of the game will obviously THINK, and with all those moves they wont go: hey lets save time and make DS a clone!... they get paid and got enough time to give DS an original moveset, oh yeah an another thing: SAKURAI SAID THERE WONT BE CLONES IN BRAWL SO U CAN FORGET ABOUT THEM BEING CLONES...

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yeah, I know, but you can't believe everything someone says or people will take advantage of that gullibility. He says that now, but things allways can come up and plans are changed. Bill Gates said Halo 3 was going to be a luanch title for the 360, and yet still no Halo 3. His people had to do damage control by saying it was a philosophical statement Sakurai may end up doing the same no person can be completely trusted you are a fool if you believ they can be.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I didn't read a word in this thread but I am pretty sure people have argued DS is going to be a clone so I will kindly tell you why she wouldn't be. Now you might say, DS is just another Samus and blah, blah, blah. Well if you have played MP1 than you know that DS isn't even the same person. It is Metroid Prime with Samus's DNA and her Phazon Suit. Now, you might say DS will have the same moves but this is also wrong. She had several different moves in MP2 such as her dive attack, phazon shields, spreader cannon, and etc. so that settles the moveset problem. Now you might say, they look the same. All I have to say is who cares? Dr. Mario and Mario look the same did that kill you from the inside out? No, it didn't and the same goes with her name. Big whoop, she has Samus in her name, she is still a different character which is more than the Doc and Y. Link can say for themselves. Now you are going to pull the 3 Samus' thing. Again she is a totally different character. Here is a good one, Ridley is more deserving. OK, then put them both in. The Metroid series is underrepped anyway. If you still have some arguments or if you were not even argueing than feel free to reply.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Luigi is still basically a clone of Mario, so them being different people is completely irrelevent. I still say that do have a possibility of being clones not that they will be neccasarily, but they have the possibility.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Luigi is still basically a clone of Mario, so them being different people is completely irrelevent. I still say that do have a possibility of being clones not that they will be neccasarily, but they have the possibility.
They could only be clones if they intentionally made them that way like what they did to Ganondorf and C. Falcon. In this day and age, Luigi can have a completely different moveset now so I wouldn't be so quick to judge what could and probabbly will be essentially different from Melee.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
The fact is they had a chanceto give him one and they didn't. Ganon shouldn't have been a clone, but he was. If he was in and they were running out of time and needed to cut corners, he would be a clone just like the other clones in Melee. They even cut out the Fire Emblem stage they were going to add.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The fact is they had a chanceto give him one and they didn't. Ganon shouldn't have been a clone, but he was. If he was in and they were running out of time and needed to cut corners, he would be a clone just like the other clones in Melee. They even cut out the Fire Emblem stage they were going to add.
Yeah, but there still isn't a release date so they have all the time they need. Go check out Brawl Revelations in the General Disscussion Room if you don't believe things are going smoothly. Or the Delayed Brawl Thread to see that they added even more time.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
There is the possibility though and if you were in a jury right now it would be dismissed for reasonable doubt.
There is a possibility that Mario would be a clone of Bowser or Link would be a clone of Samus. You are centering you argument around possibilities but the fact is nobody can say anything when we don't know jack about Brawl. For all we know, there could be huggy bears in that game.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
They aren't remotely similar and Samus and Dark Samus have distinct similarities that can't be ignored you are just wanting to argue saying that Bowser has possibility to be similar to Mario they aren't even similar.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
After seiing the movesets and other information, I change my mind: Dark Samus would be alright in brawl. Id prefer they add Ridley as the Metroid charcter, but I thnik Dark Samus would follow him as most likely character.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
At least they have similar body structure though.
Link's body structure is closer to Falcon's than Ganondorf's is. Peach has a similar body structure to Zelda. Kirby has a similar body structure to Jigglypuff.

Body structure does not two clones make. They have the same body structure because one stole the other's suit. The former floats instead of walking and moves like someone dragging a marionette. The latter...runs awkwardly.

So, they look the same. What else? Hmm...they both have arm cannons! Aha! Of course, they must be clones, since they look the same and have the same type of weapon!

Despite the fact that the way they use it is completely different. But that's irrelevant! They're clones! Clones, I say!

...I'm sorry, what?

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
No, I just haven't beenable to get on lately I do have a life and they have the possibilty and you people are either too stupid to accept it or to stubborn to take your pick. If they start to run out of time and they are both in it they will cut corners and they will be clones.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
didnt they say that there ARENT gonna be any clones in this game...
He said he wants to try and avoid that, but it was never really final.

there IS a chance that they can b eclones, but there IS a chance they will be different. Besides, I don't think Dark Samus would really be a clone by first choice, that means there would be a Dark Zero Suit samus, which would really just be stupid.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It WAS confirmed that Samus would remove her suit and become Zero Suit Samus under certain conditions. If that happened to Samus and Dark Samus was a clone, that would also need to happen to Dark Samus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom