• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Dark Samus for Brawl thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
They may just cut that those certain conditions out for Dark Samus you shouldn't speculate these things too much. There is only room for debate about why should be in or shouldn't, if you want her in or not there isn't room for anything else. She has the potential to be a clone that is my argument against her other than that I wouldn't mind her being in.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If they did cut that, he wouldn't fully be a clone.

And yes, I agree that there is a chance that he could be a clone, but there also is the chance that he could NOT be a clone.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
If they did cut that, he wouldn't fully be a clone.

And yes, I agree that there is a chance that he could be a clone, but there also is the chance that he could NOT be a clone.
Luigi is a clone he just isn't a total clone. So your point being you don'y count them as clones if one or two moves are thier only differences ya that makes sence.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
To all the Dark Samus haters, check out the "If a metroid prime hunter had to be in" thread and you will see several of my arguments as to why she would not be a clone. If you are too lazy than accept the fact that she would not be a clone or don't look because you fear that I am correct. At the LEAST she will be to Samus as Luigi is to Mario and that is at the LEAST.

Dishoom

Smash Rookie
I agree. I don't think Dark Samus would be an exact clone of Samus, that would be pretty lame. It would be okay if some moves were slightly identical, like a charge shot, but melee moves would probably be different, and maybe Dark Samus would have something like Phazon bullets.

Dishoom

Smash Rookie
I don't really understand WHY they would want to make clones. It sounds like a cop out to me. I certainly wouldn't make clones if I was making Brawl.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Although Dark Samus possess the same abilities as Samus, it should be noted that they are much more potent. Dark Samus is capable of unloading barrages of missiles and Phazon charged energy at an incredibly high rate of fire. Furthermore, her energy blasts feature a wide spray, enabling her to assault several targets at once.

It should be noted that similar to Samus, Dark Samus is also capable of using different variations of her weapons. While her phazon beam is already more than capable of subduing a foe with ease, Dark Samus has increased her offensive prowess by utilizing a special beam that entraps her prey in Phazon based crystals. Also, Dark Samus carries a variation to Samus’s Charge Beam, which is capable of ensnaring enemies in a phazon-based adhesive. In addition, Dark Samus also possesses a dive attack, which resembles Samus’ signature Shinespark and Screw Attack. Dark Samus is also capable of mimicking morph-ball capabilities. While in this mode, Dark Samus is able to conjure incredible amounts of momentum while rendering herself impervious to damage.

Dark Samus forms a Phazon barrierDark Samus compliments her sublime mastery of agility and celerity with the ability to conquer gravity. Dark Samus is capable of hovering for indefinite periods of time. She also can survive in space like her counterpart. Furthermore, Dark Samus has acquired the ability to teleport throughout the “light and dark” dimensions at whim, but is still dependent on the assistance of portals and rifts to enter various dimensions.

Moreover, Dark Samus is capable of discorparating her body into a group of Phazon particles that can re-assemble at will. In addition, Dark Samus is seldomly able to summon large amounts of Phazon, to deflect and consume enemy fire. Beyond this, Dark Samus is able to manipulate phazon energy around her, which can easily “overload” Samus’ Dark Visor, rendering her invisible without the aid of the Echo Visor.

So, as much as I don't want to admit it, she COULD be a seperate entity with her own unique moveset.

I realize you guys have already posted some sets, I'm just adding a few things, in no way is this mean to offend or belittle any previous mentioned movesets.

I see an UP B as a kind of teleport attack, she could break down into Phazon particles and move about for a few seconds...or just a quick burst in any direction, similar to Mewtwo and Sheik.

I think her basic shot should be more of a beam, and a charged shot should be 3 beams that go out and then come back toward eachother while moving in the direction they were shot. Less damage than Samus', but more vertical range.

Her phazon missles could be fired in bursts, (up to 3 at a time?)

Her charged missle: (and this is pure opinion here as it's something I personally have wanted to see for a while) I would like to see someone with the ability to plant a mine like weapon, anywhere in the level, on the ground, floating, on the ledge... that detonates on when someone, an item, or a projectile . May seem stupid, until you edgeguard with it, or set it up to rebound a character off of.

Again this is PURE OPINION IMO. I also threw this together in like 5 minutes so, yuh know. Anyone that has seen me post KNOWS that I argue until I just plain run out of ideas, but I have to admit defeat here. (sorry deathborne)

Uncle Kenny FTW

Dishoom

Smash Rookie
Those are some pretty awesome ideas, I would definately want to play as Dark Samus all the time if she could do all those insane moves you suggested. Any ideas on her super smash?

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Those are some pretty awesome ideas, I would definately want to play as Dark Samus all the time if she could do all those insane moves you suggested. Any ideas on her super smash?
On page 2 Godzilla Man said she could turn into her skelatal form and her attacks would deal double damage. I like the idea, but I would say maybe a BIT more damage, and her arm cannon fires MASSIVE blasts of pure phazon.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I am thinking along the lines of transforming into Metroid Prime's true form. (The huge Metroid thing not that bug creature). Or maybe something else because not that many people like transforming super moves.:( But that is what I would make it anyway. It could last about 30 seconds or so and anything it rams into gets damaged. I haven't put much thought into it though...

Dishoom

Smash Rookie
Why would she turn into Metroid? I don't know that much about Metroid, I've only played the ones on Gamecube.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I am thinking along the lines of transforming into Metroid Prime's true form. (The huge Metroid thing not that bug creature). Or maybe something else because not that many people like transforming super moves.:( But that is what I would make it anyway. It could last about 30 seconds or so and anything it rams into gets damaged. I haven't put much thought into it though...
I'm personally not too privy on the transformation moves myself, I would personally prefer a huge phazon blast, but that's just my opinion.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Why would she turn into Metroid? I don't know that much about Metroid, I've only played the ones on Gamecube.
In MP1 Samus fought Metroid Prime and when she defeated her she stole some of Samus's DNA. This brought about the creation of Dark Samus who is really just Metroid Prime using the DNA to look like Samus and uses a combonation of Samus's moves and its own moves hence why her attacks are different.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I say it transforms into its finals form where he has the skeleton look, all damage will double... I think someone already mention that, or... ir will charge a giant amount of Phazon, where its "canon" starts almost breakin and releases a giant phazon beam that will give u huge dammage if hit...

Dishoom

Smash Rookie
Somebody did already mention that. I agree that a skeleton Dark Samus would be an awesome super smash. But Uncle Kenny suggested she turn into Metroid Prime and shoot a huge Phazon blast. I think that would be a little more awesome.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Oh lol dindt know about him transforming into matroid prime, yeah that would seem cool, i just wouldnt like for him to transfrom into metroid prime, attack and turns back in DS semms a bit dum lol but hey its good I kinda like it...

Dishoom

Smash Rookie
I thought it was a little dumb at first too, but after you wrap your head around it, it seems like a really awesome idea. Like with the Wii, I thought that was an incredibly stupid name, but I think it's really cool now.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Or, DS turns into Metroid Prime Core (true final boss in MP1), does the shockwave attack for the whole stage, then reverts back with a sinister laugh.

Dishoom

Smash Rookie
Oh well I didn't mean DUMB exactly, I just meant kind of innovative in a way so that it takes me a while to wrap my mind around it. Then I really get it. Sorry about that.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I say it transforms into its finals form where he has the skeleton look, all damage will double... I think someone already mention that, or... ir will charge a giant amount of Phazon, where its "canon" starts almost breakin and releases a giant phazon beam that will give u huge dammage if hit...
The transform double damage idea is one that I loath, Make it just a super attack or something like the others will probably be.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Dark Samus looks too much like Samus. With so many more diverse options of characters including Ridley, I don't think Dark Samus should make it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dark Samus looks too much like Samus. With so many more diverse options of characters including Ridley, I don't think Dark Samus should make it.
Dear god it wont end will it? just cause they look the same and has SAMUS in the name dont mean ****, Dark samus has diferent abilities: floats, invisibility, spreader canon, shield, a meteor-dive attack, a double-shot chargable phazon beam, u name it, and just like wolf and fox, cause they look the same dont mean they WILL be the same, THERE WONT BE FREAKIN **** CLONES IN BRAWL... also yeah I guess the duble strenght aint exactly awesome, but hey give me a break...

saberhof

Smash Master
meh who cares, i dont care anymore, im gonna wait for the game to come out, and if none of the characters that i like dont come out, i still wont care, it will be a great game. shame on you stryks...jk but you know what i mean xD.

Stryks

Smash Hero
uhh ok anyway, can we just leave the dark samus being a samus clone thing please, again I was thinking of Dark samus's special, and well the super phazon beam attack thing is the best I could come up with XD...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sure, if Dark Samus was in lets say she wouldn't be a clone (and evidence seems to say that she would have alot of different moves). But here is the problem for me. The characters representing the Metroid franchise would all either be the main character or a doppleganger of her. So we would have Samus in one suit, Samus in another suit, and Dark Samus which looks like a Samus suit. Thats lame.

Ridley should be the Metroid villain in Brawl and only Ridley.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Bowserlick.

Dark Samus is just a dark version of Samus which came about when the phazon suit was absorbed (correct me if I'm wrong; I haven't played the GC Metroids in a while).

We already have a non-suit version of Samus so the chances of a dark version getting in are slim (also, although it doesn't count for much, I wouldn't like to have three different versions of Samus in the one game).

Go, go Ridley.

Suernova

Banned via Administration
What is the point there would be no differnce

What do you think it would be

all it would be is a dark version of samus

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Oh no, my friend. The only thing Dark Samus has in common with Samus is the fact that the suit looks similar. Attacks, movements, skills, genders, just about everything else is different. Dark Samus is to Samus as Shadow Mario is to Mario. Only instead of Bowser Junior,
it's Metroid Prime, the villian of the series, after stealing the Phazon suit and giving it even more powers.
I like Ridley, but I'm also rooting for Dark Samus as the underdog.

Besides, going by that logic, we have Mario, Dr. Mario, Mario's twin, and potentially Shadow Mario. I don't hear people crying foul about that.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Oh no, my friend. The only thing Dark Samus has in common with Samus is the fact that the suit looks similar. Attacks, movements, skills, genders, just about everything else is different. Dark Samus is to Samus as Shadow Mario is to Mario. Only instead of Bowser Junior,
it's Metroid Prime, the villian of the series, after stealing the Phazon suit and giving it even more powers.
I like Ridley, but I'm also rooting for Dark Samus as the underdog.

Besides, going by that logic, we have Mario, Dr. Mario, Mario's twin, and potentially Shadow Mario. I don't hear people crying foul about that.
Many people want the Doc to go. And many people do not want Shadow Mario. The forum doesn't even have to be about them and you'll find people crying foul about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom