• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Dark Samus for Brawl thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
What's all this nonsense?
If you haven't played MP2, just don't post here.....
Or if you have just heard of DS, it's ok.
DS is NOT a clone!! Hopefully people that will come to this thread in the future will read and know....
I'm not saying that you guys think she's a clone BTW..

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Dark Samus is much more than a Samus clone. Anyone who has played MP2 right to the end and seen the final battle with DS will know how different, versatile and powerful her moves are, and how they could easily be implemented in Brawl (the move where she generates a wall of phazon around herself could be her down B, fer example)
Besides Metroid does need more representation, and DS represents not only Metroid as a series, but also the recent series. Moreover, with MP3 just around the corner, DS will be very relevent and fresh in peoples minds. Id say she looks very likely.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Dark Samus is much more than a Samus clone. Anyone who has played MP2 right to the end and seen the final battle with DS will know how different, versatile and powerful her moves are, and how they could easily be implemented in Brawl (the move where she generates a wall of phazon around herself could be her down B, fer example)
Besides Metroid does need more representation, and DS represents not only Metroid as a series, but also the recent series. Moreover, with MP3 just around the corner, DS will be very relevent and fresh in peoples minds. Id say she looks very likely.

We don't actually know that Dark Samus will be in the third metroid prime, do we?

Personally, while DS is pretty cool, I would rather see Ridley or someone else in Smash brothers brawl. DS doesn't seem as unique as other characters could be in brawl. I wouldn't want DS to take the spot of someone esle who could add some freshness to brawl but thats just me.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I think Dark Samus's chances would have been higher if she actually was a clone. But she isn't. (not that that's stopped Sakurai before, though. Remember Ganondorf?)

The Bino

Smash Lord
We don't actually know that Dark Samus will be in the third metroid prime, do we?
Have you even seen any trailers for Metroid Prime 3 yet, in almost every trailer you see Dark Samus... also beat Metroid Prime 2 with 100% and you will see the bonus ending where
you see a massive cluster of Phazon in space, than it comes together and forms Dark Samus and that's the end,
Dark Samus is a def for MP3 Corruption... go to gametrailers.com or youtube and type in Metroid Prime 3 trailers or something and you will than understand

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^^

Anyway yes dark samus is in mp3, back whn they 1st revealed the game, they mentioned DARK SAMUS spread phazon seeds to corrupt the planets, and DARK SAMUS corrupts samus's suit as well...

The Bino

Smash Lord
Yes exactly, i can't wait to get the game on August 20th and i pray that they added Online play for it, i haven't heard anything that they didn't, unless it was recent, and i still hope they did tho lol

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
^^^

Anyway yes dark samus is in mp3, back whn they 1st revealed the game, they mentioned DARK SAMUS spread phazon seeds to corrupt the planets, and DARK SAMUS corrupts samus's suit as well...
Just because I said something obvious to you, doesn't mean you can mock me and others wantted that to be supported so I did, why didn't you if you knew. Frankly, you are pissing me off. Is it fun pissing people off?

Anywho lets get back on subject.

El HP

Smash Ace
I'm worried the developers of brawl will ignore anything related to prime since they aren't even using samus design from the prime games.

Stryks

Smash Hero
WTF are you talking about? They ARE using metroid primes design, tell me in any metroid game BEFORE metroid prime WHERE did samus had light on her chest and on her shoulder pads??

Shuma

Smash Hero
That's the only thing from the MEtroid Prime design in Smash's Samus.(thankfully)

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
WTF are you talking about? They ARE using metroid primes design, tell me in any metroid game BEFORE metroid prime WHERE did samus had light on her chest and on her shoulder pads??
The lights were adapted from Samus' original power suit from Super Metroid. You can hardly consider some lights in the blackspace on her shoulder pad (which has always been around) any reason to consider this a prime model.

Prime III

Brawl

The design for the brawl Samus is considerably more rounded and 'cartoony' in that respect.

El HP

Smash Ace
The brawl design is the same as in Zero Mission the lights on her chest are the same so are the lights on the shoulders, the boots are the old design, the helmet is the same and the legs as you can see in the second picture.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok time to pwn:

(Images in order in which the games where made)
Super metroid:

ending sprite

Metroid prime

Zero mission

Brawl

As u can c, in super metroid, samus didnt had light on her chest or shoulder pads, samus didnt have any of these lights til metrod prime, where u can c clearly she has them, then a few years later zero mission arrived, and it had the SAME light, so if anything zero missions desig is inspired by metroid prime, and the brawl design is too based on the MP one...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The lights were adapted from Samus' original power suit from Super Metroid. You can hardly consider some lights in the blackspace on her shoulder pad (which has always been around) any reason to consider this a prime model.

Prime III

Brawl

The design for the brawl Samus is considerably more rounded and 'cartoony' in that respect.
Why does everyone use that Prime screenshot? How about an actual screenshot from the gameplay??

It's the same
Same as Brawl
This isn't different from the Brawl suit either
Different from Brawl?...nope the same!
Guess what...They're the same as Brawl.
Brawl outfit is the same as Prime...the end.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I guess it will be nice to see Dark Samus after all in seeing that Samus will probably have a transformation which makes me not want to play with her as much

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they're really trying to change the look of the suit in any of the games. It's probably just evolved since the SNES days, since more detail is available with the higher amount of graphics.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
Why does everyone use that Prime screenshot? How about an actual screenshot from the gameplay??
Yes, they are the same suit if you count being orange, having lights on the chest, balls on the shoulder and a gun as qualifying them as the same, but there is clearly a straying from the style of Metroid Prime III which is clearly visible in the screens you provided.

Note that all of the shapes in the Brawl Samus are fairly well rounded off. The lights on her helmet and her chest consist of rounded shapes (though the helmet ends in a point). Now, look at those same lights in any of the screens you provided. See the sharp edges and considerably more square shapes? Next, look at Samus' gun, In every prime game to date, it has been almost exactly the same as pictured in your Corruption screens. This holds more or less true in the Brawl image, but for one difference. The gun closes off considerably, which would be considered more of a Super Metroid style. (even though you cannot actually see the gun like this, it does 'open' when you switch to missiles, implying this is how it would be otherwise). Also, it looks to me that the Brawl version of the suit is less bulky than in the Metroid Prime games, but that is just my opinion.

Yea, they have the similarities, the 3d design had to come from somewhere, but it is more based on earlier games than anything else.

By the way, if you look at an old Super Metroid image you will notice where the influence for these lights actually comes from:

Samus' original power suit (shown here in an opening 'cinematic' for Super Metroid has a single light on its chest. While the current effect of having more than one is not exactly the same, it is very likely that this is where the idea originated.

At any rate, we have hijacked this thread enough, we can discuss the design for Samus' suit somewhere else.

Stryks

Smash Hero
And whoever thinks waluigi can get in brawl has a brain tumor...

Ok time to pwn:

(Images in order in which the games where made)
Super metroid:

ending sprite

Metroid prime

Zero mission

Brawl

As u can c, in super metroid, samus didnt had light on her chest or shoulder pads, samus didnt have any of these lights til metrod prime, where u can c clearly she has them, then a few years later zero mission arrived, and it had the SAME light, so if anything zero missions desig is inspired by metroid prime, and the brawl design is too based on the MP one...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Geno has a great shot, being on the top five on sakurai list, was waluigi in the top five? no, is waluigi on the list? NO, hell CHAIN CHOMP is on the list and not waluigi! go talk to MCFox so he can get you trought the denial of geno not making it in...

Geno and dark samus for brawl!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Not to bring this up again, but Samus is modeled after her Zero Mission appearance from head to toe. However, the Zero Mission Samus is modeled after the Metroid Prime Samus, but with minor changes.

So, Prime Samus----->Zero Mission Samus----->Brawl Samus.

Anywho, I am seriously impressed by Stryks' commitment to defending Dark Samus. Everyone who has doubted DS in this thread has been roasted, toasted, burned, and served by Stryks. Wow.......

El HP

Smash Ace
Yeah sure because we all know how important he is that they are making many games of him to sell millions(sarcasm) and no a geno fanboy won't prove anything.

Stryks

Smash Hero
@ gypsy: YEP, I just show the facts as they are, thats how I roll...

Geno is in a game considered to be on the top 5 SNES Games of all time, tell me: is ANY game that waluigi is in part of the top 25 greatest game of all time?

Geno is...

Oh wait, waluigi only appears in sports and party games, and has no major role in ANY mario game, yeah lets totally added him in brawl!! [/sarcasm]

lets continue geno thing at geno thread...

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
Yeah sure because we all know how important he is that they are making many games of him to sell millions(sarcasm) and no a geno fanboy won't prove anything.
Sure I can't prove it, but you can't prove anything either. We just have to wait until the game comes out to find out.

Geno has a great shot, being on the top five on sakurai list, was waluigi in the top five? no, is waluigi on the list? NO, hell CHAIN CHOMP is on the list and not waluigi! go talk to MCFox so he can get you trought the denial of geno not making it in...

Geno and dark samus for brawl!
Man, I thought I couldn't agree with you on anything except that you know a lot of information. I do think that waluigi will make it in eventually, but only to make the the collection of the four complete (that being mario, luigi, and thier evil counter parts).

Stryks

Smash Hero
Gotta love the 0:44-0:47 stand off, its so awesome...

And yes that would be a sick special, just give it more effects and it would rock my sox off...

In the fight u see the spreader shot, the phazon slicer (only used it once, it can cut off metal), the phazon meteor and the barrier defense, dark samus has WAY more moves than that, this is just the tip of the iceburg...

The Bino

Smash Lord
Yea i know Dark Samus has way more moves, but just off this one fight, this is a very good fight scene to base a decent amount of moves to have a fairly decent moveset for Dark Samus in Brawl, go through the other 3 fights you have and you will get great moves and a great possible moveset

El HP

Smash Ace
As a final smash Dark Samus should be able to transform in Metroid Prime or summon the phazon meteor were it comes from, not everything has to be 100% based on the games.

Stryks

Smash Hero
True, but it would be easier for the developers, all of the finals minus kirbys are invented, but a giant explosion of Phazon sounds a bit better thant a phazon meteor crashing on the stage, and in stages that are indoors it wouldnt make much sense...

U ARE talking about the MP3 meteor thingy right? if U mean the meteor ATTACK of mp2, nah that could be easily his UpB

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Could someone tell me why Dark Samus is so great? I mean, I'm a big Metroid fan and all, so I'd love to see another Metroid character..... I just don't see why Dark Samus is considered the runner-up for a new Metroid character.

Convince me people (by people, I pretty much mean Stryks).

El HP

Smash Ace
Yeah I mean the MP3 meteor, I think another good idea would be a zone filled with phazon like when the metroid prime core was able to create pools of phazon damaging anyone that gets near.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom