• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Dark Samus for Brawl thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The United Kingdom hasn't got Super Paper Mario yet and probably never will. Now it seems Nintendo are giving us another middle finger and saying "**** you Europe!" by delaying MP3!

The Bino

Smash Lord
yea in USA i reserved my MP3 and got an actual release date, August 20th, oh man i can't wait... and in a couple of days ill be playing Mario Party 8 oh the glory of enjoying my Wii with fun games has returned again

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Dudes! Metroid Prime 3: Corruption this August!

(That's not off topic right? Prime 3 will be the final epic showdown between Samus Aran and her arch nemisis: Dark Samus.)
Better yet, I can next to guarantee it was playable at Ninty's media summit on Tuesday. After the press ban is lifted, expect a whole fruck-load of impressions from every major (and minor) gaming news source out there.

I'm pretty anxious about them 'thar "revolutionary controls, that are the closest you can get to a PC mouse and keyboard combo on consoles"...you better not be pulling my chain, Reggie.

Vali

Smash Ace
How are you to get into E3 though, being that it is extremely smaller considering past E3's... don't know much about comic con though
E3 is no longer open to the public. It is instead another media summit. E for All is the new E3 for the public which hits in around October, which is probably better for Brawl anyway.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
E3's dated for July 11-13 (I think).

No clue when Comic-Con is, however. But you know, Hamtaro invented Google for a reason...

EDIT - Vali: E3 was never "open to the public". And E for All would be a great place to have a playable demo...but not so much for any big announcements. Think about it: E for All is in October, right? That'd mean they'd give all the info out only a month or so before the game comes out. That's not good hype-building.

Vali

Smash Ace
"Playable demo" was what i meant really by "better for Brawl" :grin:.

It wasn't really open to the public but it wasn't exactly closed was it? I'm pretty sure you could buy tickets and go there, not like E3 this year thats for sure. E for All is going to be much much smaller too, so I remember hearing. Still don't know why they killed E3 in the first place. Think it might of been too expensive...or something...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Sweet Comic con in san diego is on july 26-29, thus E3 will be 1st, so im positive Ill get to play a MP3 trailer, and (if im lucky) a brawl demo, which would be THE biggest thing next to playing the actual game...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
No, E3's always been a press-only event. It's just that the curret E3 won't allow you to get in on technicalities like "yeah, uh...I run a blog that talks about videogames, so uh...yeah, I'm part of the press". Only actual sites like IGN and 1UP will be permitted. (It should also be noted that it apparently wasn't too difficult to sneak into E3 amidst the massive throngs of attendees.)

Good luck with that Stryks. If you do get to play it, remember your pals on SWF. Here's a good luck charm, in any case:

Vali

Smash Ace
It's Hamtaro time! *tikatiktikatika* yeah! When we work together it's much better....

I used to have that song somewhere. I think it's gone now ;(

Little hamsters big adventures!

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZKABJ0s7Bs OH GOD, IT'S LIKE AN ASSAULT ON ALL THE SENSES AT ONCE! EVEN TASTE ><!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Aww the cuteness, it burns me eyes!!

lol yeah Ill take screenshots, and ask someone near to record me when fighting against ridley or playin brawl, anyway lets stay on topic...

Umm... PHAZON IS DA PWNZOR!!11!!one

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Bad news time: no Metroid at the summit. Only ones playable are games set to release before July's end. Stuff like Strikers, Mario Party 8, Big Brain Academy, Pokemon BR, and stuff like that. Kotaku has a full list if you're that interested.

Although I must say: EA's Boogie certainly has me intrigued...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That's pretty close to my bday [MP3's launch], I have something to look forward to now.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I may preorder the game next week, and I preorder MK armageddon, but since strikers is comin out soon, and with lack of money, il lcancel the prorder, and preorder strikers instead XD

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yeah, Strikers looks pretty dang awesome. The first one's probably my favorite Mario Sport that isn't named "Golf". And I'd wait on some reviews of MK before I picked it up If I were you. The games aren't that great to begin with...

Stryks

Smash Hero
The MK game got a 7.6 which is more the more reason to cancel the perorder, still they give it a 9 on lasting appeal, meaning it would take a long time for me to get bored, anyway im still gettin strikers...

Dark samus FTW!

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
Complete Moveset!
B-Moves

B; Phazon shot: Same as Samus's (Only cloned move.)

B<> : DS will turn in to morph ball form and charge forward. If you have gotten to the part where you fight Dark Samus for the second time in the Aerie, you know what this is. Open for name suggestions.

Up-B: Phazon Ball: (Taken from final battle with DS.) Surrounds itself with a ball of Phazon and floats upwards.

Down-B: Phazonic Ground: DS will shoot a Phazon shot at the ground and a patch of Phazon will cover the ground. Anyone who walks on it will take damage depending on how long they stay there. Only one Phazon patch can be laid down at a time. If a second patch is laid the first will blow up with the force of the Peach Bomber attack. Cannot be used in the air.

A Attacks

A: A normal punch with arm-cannonless arm.
A,A: Two punches with arm-cannonless arm.
A,A,A: Two punches and then an arm cannon sideswipe.

Running-A: Similar to Fox and Falcos' except DS travels a farther distance and hits with dark energy.

F-Tilt: Downward Arm Cannon swipe.

U-tilt: Quick over head Arm Cannon swipe

D-tilt: Forward leg sweep. Good for edgeguarding.

Forward Smash: Side swipe with both arms. Hits with dark energy.

Up Smash: Will headbutt upwards with helmet.

Down Smash: Will swing arm cannon around self in a complete circle.

Air Attacks

Normal A: A spin hitting with arm cannon.

Forward A: Upward punch with arm-cannonless

Back A: Will turn opposite way and kick.

Up A: A flip kick

Down A: Drill Kick. Possible meteor smash if hit with tips of feet.

Throws

Grab: DS will use the lightning from the cutscenes when it is absorbing phazon to hold them.

A: Shocks the held opponent.

Forward Throw: Will use the lightning to pull them close then will use phazon beam to shoot them away.

Back Throw: Will use lightning to throw it at the ground behind them.

Up Throw: Wil throw opponent up into the air and smack them with arm cannon.

Down Throw: Will throw at the ground and then use phazonic ground on them. The character this attack is used on will take steady damage for the next couple of seconds.

Super Move: Will turn into skeletal Dark Samus from the final battle with DS. All Attacks deal double damage.

Taunt: Dark Samus will face the screen and all of the blue phazonic parts will glow.

Completed not cloned movelist. Does anyone like it?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW godzillaman you hit that right on the nail! great list, ive never played any of the games but DS sounds like an awesome addition to ssbb. i especially like your throw ideas. DARK SAMUS FOR BRAWL!!!!!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Not bad, but I would prefer the DownB to be the phazon shield in the game, u know when u shoot the missile? and the up be has to be his dive attack, would work like the fire fox, the rest is ok...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Uh, every button-stick combo needs to do something in the air; you can't just have V+B do nothing. In addition, I have a hard time picturing Dark Samus doing a dashing karate-kick...but maybe that's just me.

Also your Super Smash sounds rather uninteresting.

Other than that, good job.

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
oops sorry guys my post earlier wasnt my movelist for DS but godzillaman's. sorry, im a noob at swf and dont know how to post quotes.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol anyway, has anyone here play DBZ Budokai tankaichi 2 for the wii/ps2? theres a move perfect form cell and I thin super trunks and vegeta have, its like a giant explosion/barrier move, sending enery shockwaves on the battlefield, hitting anyone near, I think something like that, but with phazon would not only fit dark samus, but would be a kick *** super...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Lol anyway, has anyone here play DBZ Budokai tankaichi 2 for the wii/ps2? theres a move perfect form cell and I thin super trunks and vegeta have, its like a giant explosion/barrier move, sending enery shockwaves on the battlefield, hitting anyone near, I think something like that, but with phazon would not only fit dark samus, but would be a kick *** super...
"Super Explosive Wave", is the blast you speak of sir. Tenkaichi 2's an awesome game.

I personally think a cooler Super would be her big blue ball of energy that spews enemy-seeking blue streaks. Know what I mean? The streaks you're supposed to absorb with a charge beam, then fire at DS once it's sheilds go down?

Anyway, if DS charged up her blue ball and floated around in the sky for a bit, firing blue energy missiles at random opponents...yeah, that'd be spiffy.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thanx chief, yeah thats the move, I think it would suit DS weel, and I forgot she did something similair in MP2 (its been a while since ive played it), though the move ur saying cheif is good, it lacks the awesomeness to be a super, the explosion wave fits perfectly IMO...

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
Everyone needs to love DS shes so misunderstood....and baby samus needs to be in this game. Everyone should feel the pain samus went through.

D

Deleted member

Dark Samus and Ridley being in would be so great. Two new villains. Three new Metroid characters. :chuckle:

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
You can't escape my wrath Zarasai! I'll repost my reply somewhere that I know you'll read it!

olimar........ewwwww
EXPLAIN YOURSELF, HERETIC!!!

Captain Olimar is more worthy for brawl than any other Nintendo character! You'd better seriously consider what you say next, or I may seriously consider making a new "No way in Heck" character list just for Dark Samus on my predictions thread.

Extreme? Maybe, but I don't take disresepect towards Olimar lightly.:mad:

The Bino

Smash Lord
Dude This is a Dark Samus thread, take that Captain Olimar out of here, go to a Captain Olimar for Brawl in the forum somewhere in here, you know its here somewhere, and use search too it works wonders

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah no need, in on the 1st page anyway...
Ok so we have talked movesets, dark samus not being a clone, now u think dark samus should have a stage? Like maybe inside the impact crater in MP1?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Sorry about the Olimar thing. You guys are right, this isn't the place. I just wanted to get Zarasai's attention since he hardly ever goes to the Olimar thread... Anyway, it won't happen again.

To add to what Stryks said, how about Dark Aether as DS's stage?

Exposure to the atmosphere would steadily cause all characters to take damage (except DS, obviously) causing players to take cover in the liight bubbles. You could also have some Ing as stage hazzards.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom