• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Dark Samus for Brawl thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That's what I've been saying, DS is not related to Samus in any way other than the suit.

I think it's easier to make floating characters since you don't need to program walking and making contact with an actual surface and interacting with the surface, I remember hearing that in a commentary of a Shrek DVD.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yes he probably will, if u check some vids, u have about 3-4 tanks when u fight him, and then u fight him again, now with more thant 6 tanks, it seems u will face him multiple times in the game, im bettin he will have a bigger role than in MP1...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yes he probably will, if u check some vids, u have about 3-4 tanks when u fight him, and then u fight him again, now with more thant 6 tanks, it seems u will face him multiple times in the game, im bettin he will have a bigger role than in MP1...
Uh, you mean in the 2D games? The Corruption demo? What?

The Bino

Smash Lord
yea look at some of the trailers to MP3: Corruption, u see him in there multiple times, there is a huge part where it seems there is a huge noise and then Samus looks up and u see Ridley looking like he did in Super Metroid except updated graphics, and he screams and it looks sweet

Also to that person who said that Mewtwo floats or anything along those lines, if u mean while just standing there on the stage being stationary, ur quite wrong, he stands on the stage like anyone else in the game, he levitates while running tho if u were referring to that tho

D

Deleted member

I'd link to youtube but I'm not sure about the piracy rules here...

People have already said it, but it looks as if Ridley and Dark Samus will play main villain roles in the new game. Metroid is a massive series, so maybe they will allow four characters (counting Zamus/Samus). I'm totally for Dark Samus/Ridley in the same game.

The Bino

Smash Lord

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
God I hate 80s television...

Off-topic: I really can't wait for Corruption. And why does it look like Cortana's in there (3rd video down)?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
God I hate 80s television...

Off-topic: I really can't wait for Corruption. And why does it look like Cortana's in there (3rd video down)?
Seriously, who can wait for Corruption=? It is gonna be better than all the other Metroid games combined combined. Still...the game looks sick, plus seeing how well Super Paper Mario and Twilight Princess used the Wiimote/Numchuck (Numchuck with TP only), my expectations are high.

Anyone else notice how sick Ridley looks this time around=? Seriously, Idc about graphics, but the graphics make the game and action look awsome in the trailers, which is ironic, because I usually rack on people who care about graphics (too much). Not to mention the giant massive battle going on outside.

Hopefully all this is hinting that the game will take place in space, and I heard from a realiable source that Samus' ship might be playable/useable. Hopefully the delay of Corruption means they'll add a online multiplayer as good as or better than Metroid Prime Hunter's multiplayer (which is my fav multiplayer DS game). That would be pretty awsome, instead of the just above average multiplayer on Echoes. :) ;) :dizzy: :laugh: :cool:

off topic: BarBino, sick sig!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Cortana's the virtual chick from Halo. She's very blue and holographic, which looks alot like the blue, electrical chick in that third video.

Personally, I don't like how it looks.

EDIT - Super Paper Mario really isn't a good showcase for the Wiimote's capabilities. it's very much a tacked on experience, and as I'm playing it, I can't shake the feeling that it would've been better off controller-wise on the GCN.

Also, I don't know about Samus' gunship being controlable. We know you can "call it in" to do bombing runs and stuff, but I really don't want the last game in the trilogy to divert too much from the classic Metroid gameplay. I mean, we've already gotin-game text and voice acting (!?), NPCs that actually do stuff with Samus, and then there's that whole gunship thing...and from the trailers, it's looking to be more combat-oriented. I'm just worried that it'll devolve into "generic FPS shooter", only with Samus Aran and a Wiimote...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Cortana's the virtual chick from Halo. She's very blue and holographic, which looks alot like the blue, electrical chick in that third video.

Personally, I don't like how it looks.

EDIT - Super Paper Mario really isn't a good showcase for the Wiimote's capabilities. it's very much a tacked on experience, and as I'm playing it, I can't shake the feeling that it would've been better off controller-wise on the GCN.

Also, I don't know about Samus' gunship being controlable. We know you can "call it in" to do bombing runs and stuff, but I really don't want the last game in the trilogy to divert too much from the classic Metroid gameplay. I mean, we've already gotin-game text and voice acting (!?), NPCs that actually do stuff with Samus, and then there's that whole gunship thing...and from the trailers, it's looking to be more combat-oriented. I'm just worried that it'll devolve into "generic FPS shooter", only with Samus Aran and a Wiimote...
Ya, as long as the ship doesn't become the game, I'm good. Still, controlling it every once in a while would be nice. But still, I think it will take place more in space and space stations, but still hold the classic Metroid and Metroid Prime look and feel. The text and acting are diffrent, but I guess Samus talking in Fusion and I think Zero Mission (in text) seperated the Metroid series from tLOZ series in that sense.

But I'm almost poitive Samus' ship will palya minor roll, but it would still be intresting. Piloting Samus' ship is still a might or could happen, but isn't guarenteed last I checked. Still...I want a good multiplayer game in Corruption, without ruining the story, having a near worthless multiplayer, or become like Warhawk (a online multiplayer only game coming out on the PS3).

Ya SPM isn't that good showcase of the Wiimote capabilities, but I think it showed a good game as backup for Twilight Princess. Along with Excite Truck of course, but I still want a GOOD multiplayer game to come soon (since Brawl won't come out until as early as 3 months or so, and Corruption probably isn't going to come out anytime soon). I might even get Pokemon Battle Revolution, considering how many Non-Pokemon fans I know at my school have Diamond or Pearl, which is like 1/5 the school. Seriously, this is like Red/Blue all over again=deja vu=???

Anyways back on topic, I don't think we need to worry about Corruption, they've used the same Metroid formula with the last 8 games, why would they change it=? It'll be the same Metroid we know and love, don't sweat it=ya. It'll be just like Prime 1&2, with the awsome new Wiimote/Numchuck and motion sensoring, and WiiConnect24 version of Hunters multiplayer. So it won't drift too far, but it will probably use more NPCs than the previous games. :) :) :) :) :)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I trust Retro to make a good game, but...well, let's just say the first game (the one with the most guidance from Nintendo) was the best one for a reason.

Take my advice and hold off on Battle Revolution until it becomes a player's choice, or until used copies start showing up. What's there is an absolutely pathetic excuse for a $50 game. There aren't even minigames a la Stadium. Just a whole bunch of vs. modes. Single player? A series of battles. Local multi? Battles. Wi-Fi? Battles. All of this can already be accomplished in DP...although there is something to be said about seeing your final, lv.100-ified team duking it out in beautiful 3D. But that's why I say to wait.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I trust Retro to make a good game, but...well, let's just say the first game (the one with the most guidance from Nintendo) was the best one for a reason.

Take my advice and hold off on Battle Revolution until it becomes a player's choice, or until used copies start showing up. What's there is an absolutely pathetic excuse for a $50 game. There aren't even minigames a la Stadium. Just a whole bunch of vs. modes. Single player? A series of battles. Local multi? Battles. Wi-Fi? Battles. All of this can already be accomplished in DP...although there is something to be said about seeing your final, lv.100-ified team duking it out in beautiful 3D. But that's why I say to wait.
I liked the second one just as much, but the sales for the second one were pathetic. Seriously, it should (if it didn't) have won gametrailers or someone's "best game that noone played" award. But I have a feeling Nintendo is heavily guiding their three biggest to be released titles (SSBB, Corruption, and Galaxy).

Ya I got a DS yesterday (sadly, not there were no Pinks left or Hunters!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: ), and I'm considering getting Diamond and Pearl. Woah, the last Pokemon game i got was Fire Red (only cuz Red and Blue own), and before that Cyrstal/Gold/Silver. Still...Pokemon Stadium 1&2 had some awsome battle modes, and playing with 4 people's personally Pokemon rocks! Ya if I do get Revolution, I'll wait for the reviews and sales...wonder how Revolution will turn out....mini-games would own!

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
Spoiler warning - but i dont know how to change the colour so just dont read it guess

actually dark samus IS metroid prime saim. Prime never died, it absorbed the phazon suit to preserve itself and used that as a model for a new body (if you read the space pirate logs in prime 1, you will see that this being has a celar history of assimilating weapons, defense systems, etc)
Then Dark Samus could be called Metroid Prime so people don't think it's 'another Samus'.

D

Deleted member

Prime II was worse than Prime I in every sense. Critically and commercially failing compared to Prime I... But with Prime III being on a new console, with a lot of hype and great advertising, it'll be a bigger hit than I for sure!

D

Deleted member

Sadly, the 'Prime series has never been popular in Japan. They think they should all be like Super Metroid or something.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Then Dark Samus could be called Metroid Prime so people don't think it's 'another Samus'.
She's named "Dark Samus" and not Metroid Prime in the game for a reason. People associate Samus with Samus's suit. They don't associate friggin' METROIDs with Samus's suit. Naming her "Metroid Prime" in Smash Brawl would be equally stupid for that same reason. It just looks HORRIBLE from an artistic point of view for her to be named Metroid Prime instead of Dark Samus.

D

Deleted member

Definitely Dark Samus. Thing with Ridley is that he's very animal-like, making him seem organic. Dark Samus looks nearly mechanical. I think that makes her more threatening. Samus and her baby... Haha.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
I can see it now Samus and her baby as selectable characters. Now that would rock.

D

Deleted member

It's not her baby, it's the newly born Metroid from the end of that game which I forget the name of.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
metroid 2 I think, or maybe super metroid, I forget...
Metroid 2. She finds it at the end of Metroid 2 and the plot of Super Metroid is based around this one last Metroid.

By the way, if I'm correct, this second DS one Meta77 linked isn't really Dark Samus. It's an MP3 render of corrupted Samus. You know, they said that Samus being corrupted by Phazon will be a gameplay mechanic. I'm thinking it's her hyper mode render.

I'm not quite sure if I'm correct, but I think I am as the full image shows that she has armor on her feet, unlike Dark Samus. The visor on her helmet is also differently shaped.

EDIT: Wait, it's also missing the strange shoulder pads. Now I'm sure of it.

D

Deleted member

Nah, it's Metroid II then. Super Metroid ends with the escape. Then again that Metroid does save her... This also happens with the X Parasite in 'Fusion, and probably will happen in MPIII with Metroid Prime/Dark Samus. Seeing as it's the last 'Prime game it would be a good way for Dark Samus to finally die.

Komavto's right.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Komayto ur wrong, it is dark samus, ur correct about samus being corrupted and all, but that is indeed samus, im guessin being defeated in the skeletal form, he/she lost a lot of phazon, and thus look more like the phazon suit now more than ever, tough Im sur eim wrong, im sure dark samus would be far more powerful than ever...

Look for a vid in youtube, mp3 opening im guessin, u can see that same dark samus corrupting the other hunters...

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Komayto ur wrong, it is dark samus, ur correct about samus being corrupted and all, but that is indeed samus, im guessin being defeated in the skeletal form, he/she lost a lot of phazon, and thus look more like the phazon suit now more than ever, tough Im sur eim wrong, im sure dark samus would be far more powerful than ever...

Look for a vid in youtube, mp3 opening im guessin, u can see that same dark samus corrupting the other hunters...
Mm, good observation. While I had seen the trailer many times, I didn't notice before that DS had lost its cool shoulder pads. But it will probably have some reasoning behind it. The foot armoring is a strange change though.
I guess the odd shape of the visor could be explained by the angle...

So yeah, I guess you are right. I didn't notice the changes between MP2 Dark Samus and MP3 Dark Samus before.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah samsh daddy thats the bid, U can clearly see that Dark samus is the one from the picture, his look has been odify for some reason...

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
well maybe theres a storyline behind the modification - what if prime only first recieved enough of the dna/phazon suit to get a general idea? suppose she/it kept track of changes to samus's suit, tactics, and modified itself accordingly?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Don't worry about bumping Zarasai, most threads are having less members going to them because of the upcoming SSBB website update. This thread isn't going to get too many posts in the next few days=too true. Bu afterwards, it will probably be filled with us SWF regulars, and a lot of N00bs, so be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom