• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
Because Porky is the only character that appears in both games, it's pretty much the only thing that connects both games.

Hate to get all nerdy here, but it's actually Pokey that is in both the Mother games, as the minor and major antagonists. He becomes Porky, King of the Pig Mask Army, in Mother 3, and Lucas eventually finds out his true identity. Ness cameos in a small movie production about Porky/Pokey's life in New Pork City.

ON topic: I would like to see Claus for Brawl. Sure, we already have several swordsmen, but this guy has an arm cannon, which, you know, makes it cooler.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Hate to get all nerdy here, but it's actually Pokey that is in both the Mother games, as the minor and major antagonists. He becomes Porky, King of the Pig Mask Army, in Mother 3, and Lucas eventually finds out his true identity. Ness cameos in a small movie production about Porky/Pokey's life in New Pork City.
Thank you Captain Obvious.

T-major

Smash Champion
they're still the same person though, he just changed his name. refering to one, automatically refers to the other as well.

and guys, as you may or may not already know, the MMPMA is going to be part of Stryks "Battle of the Clubs" comic. I though it would be cool too think up how we would be portrayed in the comic.

now, obviously, most of us would be portrayed as Pigmask soldiers; but would the type of soldier be based on their rank? that may be a problem, because some members don't have a rank. (I don't count, because Stryks said he was putting me in the comic anyways, which I accidentally requested). should all members that are part of the comic be normal Pigmaks? (except for the leaders, which I will get into later). or should only members with a Clay Guy rank or higher be included in the comic?

now, as for the leaders. Stryks is depicting leaders, who in this case are Ves, Ouen, and Thirdkoopa, as what their avatar is mixed with the character the club is for, who in this is case Claus. SO! what I was thinking is...

Vesperview: Mr. Saturn wearing a Claus Helmet.

thethirdkoopa: Falco wearing Claus' outfit.

Ouendanation: Samus with a Claus arm cannon.... wait... we'll have to think about this one...

input? objections? "we don't give a crap!" 's?

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Really, that low? :ohwell: How come?

That sounds more reasonable to me.
MOTHER technically already has 2 reps, and having 3 reps makes his chances lower, unfortunately :(

they're still the same person though, he just changed his name. refering to one, automatically refers to the other as well.
No, Pokey was just mistranslated. It's always been Porky. More specifically, ポーキー. Which is Poki. the dashes represent the previous sound being held, which would make it pookii. That does translate to Porky. Though I have no clue how. The Japansese are weird.

Ouendanation: Samus with a Claus arm cannon.... wait... we'll have to think about this one...

input? objections? "we don't give a crap!" 's?
OBJECTION!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Im sure Claus will be in, Sakurai does seem to be leaning towards Mother 3, and we definitely need more villains, although Claus truly wasnt a villain, hes close enough.

T-major

Smash Champion
I really don't like the idea of being depicted as a Mr Saturn, the Ness alteration in my signature with a canon arm and a visor would be better.
than change your avatar! D:<

ahaha! just kidding. I'm almost 100% sure you can use that instead, you'll just have to tell Stryks you'd prefer it that way... although, I like the Mr. Saturn idea better, buts it's your call. I just found it funny that your character would be the big cheese of the MMPMA, even though he's be so small. it would also be fun to see you get angry at noobs. imagine a Mr. Saturn telling someone off! Classic!

by the way, I'll be depicted as a jazz man, like my avatar, in a Pigmask outfit. :D

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
than change your avatar! D:<

ahaha! just kidding. I'm almost 100% sure you can use that instead, you'll just have to tell Stryks you'd prefer it that way... although, I like the Mr. Saturn idea better, buts it's your call. I just found it funny that your character would be the big cheese of the MMPMA, even though he's be so small. it would also be fun to see you get angry at noobs. imagine a Mr. Saturn telling someone off! Classic!

by the way, I'll be depicted as a jazz man, like my avatar, in a Pigmask outfit. :D
Marth with wings, an arm cannon, jetpack, and helmet please.

T-major

Smash Champion
Marth with wings, an arm cannon, jetpack, and helmet please.
aw man. you had Phoenix Wright just a second ago. I though that was cool... but Marth works. however, the wings might be a problem, what with the cape and all; but I'm sure Stryks can find a solution.

so..

Vesperveiw: Emo Ness with helmet and cannon

Ouendanation: Marth with Claus' helmet, wings/jetpack, and cannon. sword too, I'm guessing?

thethirdkoopa: Falco with Claus outfit.

good?

T-major

Smash Champion
lol, I would kill for a custom avatar.
that can be arranged... >:D

I, on the other hand, am fine with my Jazz Man avatar. I would like a custom title though. I'd change it to "Lowercase m, please", because people usually capitalize the m, and it's not supposed to be like that... yes it does matter... stop looking at me like that! D:

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
aw man. you had Phoenix Wright just a second ago. I though that was cool... but Marth works. however, the wings might be a problem, what with the cape and all; but I'm sure Stryks can find a solution.

so..

Vesperveiw: Emo Ness with helmet and cannon

Ouendanation: Marth with Claus' helmet, wings/jetpack, and cannon. sword too, I'm guessing?

thethirdkoopa: Falco with Claus outfit.

good?
Wait. No, Phoenix Wright >_>

T-major

Smash Champion
Wait. No, Phoenix Wright >_>
thats better! :D now you can use PK OBJECTION! el oh el!

but what about the regular members? will everyone be a normal Pigmask, or will it vary based on rank? because some people don't have ranks, I think that might cause some problems... will every member even be in the comic? or just the more active members?

vesperview

Smash Hero
thats better! :D now you can use PK OBJECTION! el oh el!

but what about the regular members? will everyone be a normal Pigmask, or will it vary based on rank? because some people don't have ranks, I think that might cause some problems... will every member even be in the comic? or just the more active members?
Just the three with the highest rank, you and I think those are enough, after all we are the most active in the thread.

T-major

Smash Champion
Just the three with the highest rank, you and I think those are enough, after all we are the most active in the thread.
what about KumaOso? he's pretty active, and a pretty big supporter... I think he deserves to be included, or at least make a few cameos.

by the way, once all this stuff is figured out, I plan on drawing what we would look like. just for fun. :D

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
what about KumaOso? he's pretty active, and a pretty big supporter... I think he deserves to be included, or at least make a few cameos.

by the way, once all this stuff is figured out, I plan on drawing what we would look like. just for fun. :D
Pikachu with a pigmask mask.

Unrelated:

By toadofsky

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Wish I had photoshop, I'd love to stick Claus helmet on Sylar from heroes lol

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Although, I would love to have Ness back, the odds are definitely against him, and I think Claus would make a good a second representative to the Mother series, however, I wish that Mother 3 would have been released outside Japan (along with Mother 1 + 2 for the GBA). Also, don't forget that voting ends later today at 11:59 EST, so don't forget to vote for vesperview for Most Sarcastic and me for Most Intelligent. ;)

T-major

Smash Champion
Pikachu with a pigmask mask.
and Thunder :D

and that ostrelephant made me poop D: someone needs to do that hammer-head kangaroo thing. those things are awesome. or at least a reconstructed mole...

but yeah...

Ves: Emo Ness with Cannon and Helmet
Ouen: Phoenix Wright with Helmet, Cannon, Wings/Jet-pack (Claus coloured suit?)
thirdkoopa: Falco with Claus' outfit (maybe the cannon/sword)
Kuma: Pikachu with Pigmask mask
T-major: Jazz man, with Pigmask gear and Claus' sword (if I'm allowed to have one...)

:D

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Hey does anyone here know of any Photoshopped images of a 3d Masked Man? I think I saw one of Lucas with the masked man's gear ages ago but I don't know where.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
and Thunder :D

and that ostrelephant made me poop D: someone needs to do that hammer-head kangaroo thing. those things are awesome. or at least a reconstructed mole...

but yeah...

Ves: Emo Ness with Cannon and Helmet
Ouen: Phoenix Wright with Helmet, Cannon, Wings/Jet-pack (Claus coloured suit?)
thirdkoopa: Falco with Claus' outfit (maybe the cannon/sword)
Kuma: Pikachu with Pigmask mask
T-major: Jazz man, with Pigmask gear and Claus' sword (if I'm allowed to have one...)

:D

Same guy. That's really weird, because he only did 3 enemies, and out of the hundreds in MOTHER3, you picked one he made >_>

And yeah. Phoenix-Claus for the win. http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/nosaltchips/phoenixclaus.png?t=1199478075
Made by me.

Ultimate Lucas recolor by me ftw.

T-major

Smash Champion
Same guy. That's really weird, because he only did 3 enemies, and out of the hundreds in MOTHER3, you picked one he made >_>
aw... it's not realistic like the ostrelephant... still awesome though.

and yeah, I just though they were an awesome enemy, so I remembered them... but yeah, coincidence. lucky me! :D

awesome, but shouldn't the colours be flip-flopped? Orange pants, black shirt? like Claus?

thats ****, beer and @$$, my friend!

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman

Cool, that had to be done really, although, I'd still love to see someone fit him up with his masked man gear using that pic. Like I said I haven't got photoshop or the skills to do it but it would be cool to see.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Neat Claus, I made one too~

Back in December, though... I like how yours is more subdued, though.

...I wanna attempt the Masked Man...
Nice. Out of the two I think that AB's is more closer to the real thing, especially the hair. Nice job both of you.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Hey, sorry it took so long to reply, been kinda busy.

War! thats FU*KING EPIC!! you should make a Clay Guy! I mean... it's pretty obvious...
Thanks, I don't know much about clay guys though, I haven't played through mother 3 yet. :( What role do they serve in the game? Is there something specifically they're known for?

Oh really? If that's the case, then you should thank Flintofmother3. He's the one who originally made the clay Kumatora sculpture.

Although, when I saw that sculpture of yours, I honestly thought Flint was back to doing more.

Got a few questions for ya:

1. How long did it take to make?
2. How hard was it?
3. Will you ever do a Masked Boy one?
4. Was Magic Cake involved in making this?
1. I'd say about 5-6 hours total, not all at once though.
2. Not super hard, but parts of it didn't like to stand up (the cape was a *****) so it took awhile.
3. See end of post.
4. When isn't Magic cake involved? XD

Oh my GOD. Did you actually make that yourself? If you did, you deserve a clay guy rank ;O

If you do claus and clay guy ones, submarine rank for you :)

Oh, and Vesper, I propose there be 2 official MMPMA bars, and people can choose which one they want to use? I need a skinny one for my sig. Von Karma's headbanging amount of awesomeness sadly overrules the awesomeness of the banner :(. Besides, I'm getting a crew banner soon, and that won't fit if there's a bar that isn't on its side.
Thanks, I already have a pigmask rank because of my two previous art submissions though. (Page 36 and 63 respectively, I think, if you want to see)

Anyways, here you guys go, sorry I didn't put quite as much time into it and the pose is a bit boring:

Is there any chance I can snag a submarine rank yet? :p

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Hey, sorry it took so long to reply, been kinda busy.

Thanks, I don't know much about clay guys though, I haven't played through mother 3 yet. :( What role do they serve in the game? Is there something specifically they're known for?

1. I'd say about 5-6 hours total, not all at once though.
2. Not super hard, but parts of it didn't like to stand up (the cape was a *****) so it took awhile.
3. See end of post.
4. When isn't Magic cake involved? XD

Thanks, I already have a pigmask rank because of my two previous art submissions though. (Page 36 and 63 respectively, I think, if you want to see)

Anyways, here you guys go, sorry I didn't put quite as much time into it and the pose is a bit boring:

Is there any chance I can snag a submarine rank yet? :p
Hell yes.

Uh. Claus' shirt isn't blue.

aw... it's not realistic like the ostrelephant... still awesome though.

and yeah, I just though they were an awesome enemy, so I remembered them... but yeah, coincidence. lucky me! :D

awesome, but shouldn't the colours be flip-flopped? Orange pants, black shirt? like Claus?

thats ****, beer and @$$, my friend!
Oops.

EDIT: Vesper, could you add my final smash to my moveset on the front page?

T-major

Smash Champion

Clay Guys, are... well, guys made of clay. The Pigmask Army uses them as a kind of slave. they make them by putting a machine in the clay (after it has been shaped to the shape of a clay guy), that brings them to life when they receive an electric shock. and by bring them to life, I mean bring them to life; not just enable them to move. they have the ability to cry, become tired, feel pain, stuff like that.

and that Claus sculpture is TOTALLY TUBULAR! :D

Uh. Claus' shirt isn't blue.
it's not green either.:p

Top Bottom