• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
First post, hi.
uhm, can I join the MMPMA?
I'm a big fan of the Mother series.
Sure. Put the banner in your sig.

(Btw, vesper, etc, I know him; we talk all the time on AIM. More MOTHER fans FTMFW \M/(O_o)\M/)

EDIT: OMG WTF! The MMPMA SmashWiki article got deleted!

T-major

Smash Champion
4th rank = fail. 3 ranks is fine. I mean, if you guys REALLY think it's nescessary, then go ahead. 4 just seems like too much to me. Well, I have suggestions for a fourth rank. Womanizing Pig mask, the blue version of it, and General,
I was actually joking about that. it's just the fact that he's submitting so much art, that eventually he'll run out of room to rank up... I thought I'd joke about it, but didn't think someone would take it seriously...

Oh, yeah. T-Major, I sent you a pimpload of MOTHER miis (And a Mii of me :O)
sweet! they pwn n00bs with their awesomeness!

Oh god this was so much fun to do:
WHOA FU*K!!! THATS SEXY!! O_O! you deserve a medal! and cake! a medal made of cake!

http://starmen.net/mother3/music/
All 250 MOTHER3 songs put up :O (None of the distorted songs like in the ending though D:)
YES! MOTHER3 MUSIC!! GLORIOUS DAY!!

*Downloads Snowman*

*Doesn't work*

... WHAT!?!? what the hell is an ogg. file!?... T^T

*reads top of music page*

... oh!

*installs ogg. codec*

*downloads Snowman*

:D

I'm staying away from that ending though...

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
His other hand is canonically his cannon hand. I was kinda bugged by it too, but it grew on me.
Gonna see what I can't do to it later on.
also; JOINING CLUB cuz I really like that sig bar and Claus, too.

Thanks to everybody who liked my 'shop~

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Wow, That's one nice drawling of claus.

Anyhow i unfortunantly took out the Claus - MMPMA Sig for something else as you can see (... :p.)

And it seems like claus's fate will be revealed within two weeks and a couple of days, Hopefully he will be in...

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Wow, That's one nice drawling of claus.

Anyhow i unfortunantly took out the Claus - MMPMA Sig for something else as you can see (... :p.)

And it seems like claus's fate will be revealed within two weeks and a couple of days, Hopefully he will be in...
Him and Porky...

Vesper, Abestos, etc: Wii codes please?

T-major

Smash Champion
Third, Stryks is making a comic involving the clubs of SWF. since the MMPMA will be included, we need to decide on what we will be depicted as. and by "we" I mean "you", because everyone else has decided already. Stryks is basing everyones appearance on what their avatar is, mixed with the character their club is supporting. so it would go like this for us...

Vesperview: Mr. Saturn with a Claus helmet.

Ouendanation: Phoenix Wright with Claus' Wings, colours, and cannon

T-major: Jazz Man with Pig mask gear. I was also thinking of possibly making myself reconstructed as a Chimera! that would be sweet!

KumaOso: Pikachu with Pigmask mask

thethirdkoopa: Falco with Claus' outfit?

does this please you?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Him and Porky...

Porky = Boss.
Claus = Playable.

And it seems that the ness fans have found something else to hang on, Thank GOD That wasn't a newcomer stage from Mother 2 :laugh:.

Third, Stryks is making a comic involving the clubs of SWF. since the MMPMA will be included, we need to decide on what we will be depicted as. and by "we" I mean "you", because everyone else has decided already. Stryks is basing everyones appearance on what their avatar is, mixed with the character their club is supporting. so it would go like this for us...

Vesperview: Mr. Saturn with a Claus helmet.

Ouendanation: Phoenix Wright with Claus' Wings, colours, and cannon

T-major: Jazz Man with Pig mask gear. I was also thinking of possibly making myself reconstructed as a Chimera! that would be sweet!

KumaOso: Pikachu with Pigmask mask

thethirdkoopa: Falco with Claus' outfit?

does this please you?
Sure, Why not :p?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Him and Porky...

Yeah, we'll no doubt be seeing Porky as an important SSE figure...probably a boss. But if Ness also comes back and ALSO has a role in the SSE, that makes two playable MOTHER characters and three characters total. I guess my point is: if Ness is back in (as I fear, as of late), what does it mean for Claus? :ohwell:

Porky = Boss.
Claus = Playable.

And it seems that the ness fans have found something else to hang on, Thank GOD That wasn't a newcomer stage from Mother 2 :laugh:.

Sure, Why not :p?
I like the way you think. ;) Good point about Onett, though! At least it's recycled, showing that they're not pushing M2 enough to give it a brand new stage. (Although I'd really love to hear Onett's Theme this time around. *doo doo doo dooooooo, doo doo doo doo-doo doo doo doo*)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Yeah, we'll no doubt be seeing Porky as an important SSE figure...probably a boss. But if Ness also comes back and ALSO has a role in the SSE, that makes two playable MOTHER characters and three characters total. I guess my point is: if Ness is back in (as I fear, as of late), what does it mean for Claus? :ohwell:

I like the way you think. ;) Good point about Onett, though! At least it's recycled, showing that they're not pushing M2 enough to give it a brand new stage. (Although I'd really love to hear Onett's Theme this time around. *doo doo doo dooooooo, doo doo doo doo-doo doo doo doo*)
I Doubt ness will be back in but what would be hilarious is an event match were Ness trys to burn Lucas and Claus, I Actually had a dream about the ACer Geno Claus and Lucas trying to run away from ness with a couple of other people.

...He's back...With vengance! :laugh:.

And yeah; They're really just picking it up because the developers liked it, But don't worry, In the first part of it he had a song from there so it seems likely that you can go to my music so MAYBE They will have the onett theme.

Well at least i can assure with the duster AT That Claus will at least get a boss role, Hopefully playable because Lucas seems more like the new ness and to leave the series with only one represenitive FOR THE THIRD TIME Would be stupid.

There really aren't better stages for Mother 2, Fourside sucked!

Oh and I don't know my Wii number, gotta get back to you on that one :/
The real irony is that fourside is my favorite stage :3.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman

How did Fourside suck? I would like to know just to hear more opinions, but my friend always insists on playing that stage often...I like it too. It also has my favorite music other than Big Blue. I hope the Pollyanna song is in Brawl.

To get back on topic. I think we have noticed that many of the final smashes are very similar.
It's either: 1. A transformation
2. Some type of power that affects the whole stage (IC's, Lucas, Kirby)
3. A "wave" or "blast" (Samus, Mario, PT)
4. With King Dedede we are getting the "army summons" that most military leaders get (Pit, Dedede, Most likely Claus)
5. A super combo (Ike, Meta Knight, Link)
Anyway, with Lucas having PK love incorperated into his moveset, I think that Claus probably won't have PK Love as a FS. I also doubt him using the NKC (Kind of like how I wished for Drago) as a FS. I think his FS will either be a big lightning attack or summoning the Pig Masks since those seem to be in his character. NKC would be so awesome though..

Ouendanation

Smash Ace

I believe you mean inacurate. Fourside did not suck, it was really fun, actually, but it WAS inaccurate

As for no good M2 stages: What are you smoking? :p

Giygas' Lair
Cave of the Past
Threed (incorporating Zombies)
Twoson (Incorporating everdread and police officers?)
Magicant
Summers (Like Bridge of Eldin except with TONS of cars, think Big Blue)
Winters (Tessie)
Saturn Valley (HELL YES)
Giant Step
Lilliput somethings lol
the My Sanctuary with a message that lights up and it's (the place) all purple,

T-major

Smash Champion
Anyway, with Lucas having PK love incorperated into his moveset, I think that Claus probably won't have PK Love as a FS. I also doubt him using the NKC (Kind of like how I wished for Drago) as a FS. I think his FS will either be a big lightning attack or summoning the Pig Masks since those seem to be in his character. NKC would be so awesome though..
I think the lighting attack is the best option, seeing as it was his signature attack, and if I'm not mistaken, was a one-hit kill to anyone not wearing the Franklin Badge... it only makes sense that it be his Final Smash.

:EDIT:

Saturn Valley would be a great stage to represent MOTHER. it was in both MOTHER2+3 (don't know about the first one), and it could be pretty neat! :D

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
What the hell are you talking about? Lucas doesn't have PK Love.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman

I agree with you Vesper. I didn't like Fourside either.(If you get you wii #, i'll give you mine. Its under my avatar. =D) Also, Mother 3 got very good reception in Japan. (You probably know that already thogh. =p)

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
I could see Claus' final smash being that shield killing, party obliterating sweep.

Buuut, considering he moved fast enough to attack twice in one turn, I could also see him getting a super combo... I don't want to rule out PK LOVE though, since it was important in the sense that it
just about mortally wounded his dear old dad.
...Now I wanna make a moveset.

Oh oh, and Oendanation... I added you, but for some reason it still shows you as being grey on my address book. :|

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
I could see Claus' final smash being that shield killing, party obliterating sweep.

Buuut, considering he moved fast enough to attack twice in one turn, I could also see him getting a super combo... I don't want to rule out PK LOVE though, since it was important in the sense that it
just about mortally wounded his dear old dad.
Whats PK Love?
Supercombo would be nice for Claus. I also liked the giant pig killing machine thing, but PK Love is good idea too.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
PK LOVE is the one PSI technique that the Magypsies couldn't learn, but Lucas and Claus could. I have this theory about them being able to learn it because of Hinawa watching over them or something like that. Knowing them lets them pull needles out of the ground yaddayadda. I'm not sure how much of the storyline you know so I don't wanna spoil toooo much. It's basically a big blue drill->honeycomb explosion.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I believe you mean inacurate. Fourside did not suck, it was really fun, actually, but it WAS inaccurate
Among other things, three small buildings, a slippery UFO and absolutely no good way of fighting if you grab a Giant Mushroom, don't make it a good stage at all.

As for no good M2 stages: What are you smoking? :p

Giygas' Lair
Cave of the Past
Threed (incorporating Zombies)
Twoson (Incorporating everdread and police officers?)
Magicant
Summers (Like Bridge of Eldin except with TONS of cars, think Big Blue)
Winters (Tessie)
Saturn Valley (HELL YES)
Giant Step
Lilliput somethings lol
the My Sanctuary with a message that lights up and it's (the place) all purple
Magicant is the only one with a remote chance of being a stage, Twoson would be way too similar to Onett, Saturn Valley is also on Mother 3, Giygas's Lair? No! Giant Step is just a cave and so is Lilliput Steps, Summers is just a town with a beach, no chance at all of it being a stage and Threed, again, just a town and fighting in a graveyard wouldn't be good representation for the Mother series at all.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
PK LOVE is the one PSI technique that the Magypsies couldn't learn, but Lucas and Claus could. I have this theory about them being able to learn it because of Hinawa watching over them or something like that. Knowing them lets them pull needles out of the ground yaddayadda. I'm not sure how much of the storyline you know so I don't wanna spoil toooo much. It's basically a big blue drill->honeycomb explosion.
Thank you. I'm sorry. I only player Mother 2 and haven't really been following the series.

I think New Pork City is just fine, but other Mother 3 stages would be good too.

Top Bottom