• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

T-major

Smash Champion
Indeed Droog. Ves, just because people havn't played MOTHER3, doesn't mean they can't support Claus. most people probably havn't played the game because of the Japan-only factor... Groog is right, the purpose of this thread is to let people know what Claus is all about; so what if they havn't played the game? they can still know about Claus (and support him) thanks to this thread :D

vesperview

Smash Hero
Indeed Droog. Ves, just because people havn't played MOTHER3, doesn't mean they can't support Claus. most people probably havn't played the game because of the Japan-only factor... Groog is right, the purpose of this thread is to let people know what Claus is all about; so what if they havn't played the game? they can still know about Claus (and support him) thanks to this thread :D
Again, that's not what I said, I said that you can't argue in favor of a character you're not familiar with, not that you can't support that character.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to SWF Droogieb. (BTW you should post an intro topic in the introduction forum.) Hope you enjoy your time here.

Of course, that's the point, maybe I didn't say it right, I hate fanboys who don't even know the character they are standing up for, like the Ness fanboys who thought he and Ninten were the same character, that sort of thing.
At least you explained Claus for all of us to undertsand.:p Again Claus would be a good Mother rep.

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Thanks but even though it says I'm a n00b but I have been reading forums and following this game since 2006! I just thought that I would throw in my two cents on some stuff. And vesperview, what club do you speak of?

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Can we just marvel for a second on the amazing potential Claus has as a character? I mean look at the opening page of this thread! He is unreal. Sword, Bat Wings, and an Arm Cannon!? I just would love to see him in the game. His Lucas rivalry will add so much to the game! Also I think that in the SSE every Character Plot line will end by facing the main boss of there game series so Claus would just add to the epic nature of the Mother ending!!!

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Also if you were interested My name comes from A CLOCKWORK ORANGE Alec and his Droogies (friends in Russian).

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Make sure you read the rules Droog. Thats was a triple post and mods don't like that. The rules are in a topic in this forum and is stickiedWelcome to the club Droog! ^^

Noshiee

Smash Ace
I know, Claus has so much potential, like, who wouldnt want a half-robot boy, with psychic powers, a sword made up of lightning, a cannon for an arm, a cool mechanic helmet and bat wings (wow, now that I heard that, it sounds so unreal! lol). Like come on, if you dont like that, the child inside you just died, or, if you are a child, you have no soul.

Claus FTW!

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Ves I assume you rocked Ness in melee Right? Did you like anyone else. Me personally I was an Ice Climbers Player who dabbled in Ness, Yoshi, Peach, and a few others

T-major

Smash Champion
Ves I assume you rocked Ness in melee Right?
Holy crap! you use the same lingo as me!! that deserves a MAN HUG!!

also, Welcome to the Club! :D

also also, I main Young Link and Captain Falcon, in that order. I used to main Kirby, then switched to Falcon, then stared to use Young Link and made Falcon my secondary.

I plan on going back to Kirby in Brawl, along with King Dedede. I MIGHT main Lucas, depending on how he plays; but so far he looks awesome. I'll probably stick with Captain Falcon, too. unless chances to his moves are made that I don't like... oh yeah! and Claus... I'll totally rock that guy! (if he's in)

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Dude We have to smash when this game comes out. I want to main (in order) Lucas Pit PT and hopefully CLAUS!!!!!!! I absolutely love Lucas and CLaus and have never played Mother 3. Also how do you add images and what not to your sig I'm really not that computer savy.

Metalsonic

Smash Rookie
While I don't know all that much about Claus, I fully support as the second Mother rep. (Or third, if Ness does happen to return, although I don't have much hope for him now)

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Honestly metalsonic you should red the first page in depth and you will see why Claus is such an awesome character!

T-major

Smash Champion
How do you get the URL from the image(Keep in mind I have a mac)
I have no Idea how it works on Mac, but I assume it would be no different from a regular computer, seeing as it has to do with the internet, and not the computer. heres how to do it...

1) Go to a image hosting website like www.imageshack.us, and upload the image you want as your sig.

1.5) Remember that there is a limit to how high it can be. it's best to make a sig with specific sizes, or have someone make one for you. the artwork emporium has some sig shops that have people that can make you a sig, if you don't have the means to make one yourself (or, if you want, I can try and make you one. :D I made the Lucas sig in my sig, as an example)

2) After uploading your sig, scroll down and copy the text in the LAST box.

3) paste the text into you signature edit box, and include image codes (this applies for all images you want to post). the image code looks like this

4) select ok, and your done! :D

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
http://www.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/

Now I don't know this guys credibility but he has updated info on the game from a source as a sort of second dojo and he just updated info that the hidden characters in 64 will be hidden in brawl. I bring it up here because well Ness was one of them. Do you think this will hurt Claus' chances if ness is in?

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Im not gonna lie that kinda makes me WANNA FREAK OUT!!!!!!

Just when I join the Team Claus this happens.... Hopefully Claus will still be a PC though as i thought about it he seems like he might be bordering on MK's territory (sword, Bat wings... But Claus is sweeter)

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Well look at it this way, Maybe if Ness is back in he will be overhauled. His a moves are quite different (so far) and his B moves might have been changed. I do agree with you SSMasta I don;t think he should be back in but who knows. I want Claus and Lucas and I think that makes the most sense for the game. The two together would really add a new depth to the game and potentially the SSE.

T-major

Smash Champion
lets look at this logically for a second... why would they give Ness a new moveset, when they could have given one to Lucas? Ness already had a moveset that worked great for him, but Lucas would need one made for him regardless. the fact that they CHOSE to give Lucas Ness' moves pretty much PROVES that they don't plan on putting Ness in brawl.

besides, I wouldn't trust some random person on the internet that just so happens to have a finished copy of the game before anyone else...

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
He doesn't have the game but whatever its not important. You bring up a good point. My Claus nerves are not jumping any more. There is no reason to do what you suggested. The only way he is in is if Clones are back which I pray wont happen. T-major your alright.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
lets look at this logically for a second... why would they give Ness a new moveset, when they could have given one to Lucas? Ness already had a moveset that worked great for him, but Lucas would need one made for him regardless. the fact that they CHOSE to give Lucas Ness' moves pretty much PROVES that they don't plan on putting Ness in brawl.
Not really, assuming any of this had a degree of truth to it (not holding my breath, but I'm just playing along just for ****s and giggles). If they wanted to keep things interesting, they could have decided to give Lucas a revamped version of Ness's old moveset, and let Ness evolve in some ways, such that he gets a practical overhaul. Which would make sense, considering that Ness is now the "veteran", and Lucas is now the new "wunder-kid" of the Mother series.

Part of me was hoping that, since Porky was allowed to age for Mother 3 (to the point that he became an old fart by the end of M3), the LEAST they could do for Ness was allow him to grow up to being a teenager. As long as Itoi was ok with it, I could definitely see Sakurai doing such a thing, so that we could have a "new look" at a classic. Gone would be the kid playing with his yo-yo, and in would be a stylish slugger with even more control over his powers than before.

It wouldn't necessarily be the first time such a thing happened in any fighting game. People who play the likes of SNK games like King of Fighters, Fatal Fury/Mark of the Wolves and such would be very familiar with how characters can change up from game to game in more ways dynamically than just a hit property being changed, or a new special move here and there.

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Not really. If they wanted to keep things interesting, they could have decided to give Lucas a revamped version of Ness's old moveset, and let Ness evolve in some ways, such that he gets a practical overhaul. Which would make sense, considering that Ness is now the "veteran", and Lucas is now the new "wunder-kid" of the Mother series.

Part of me was hoping that, since Porky was allowed to age for Mother 3 (to the point that he became an old fart by the end of M3), the LEAST they could do for Ness was allow him to grow up to being a teenager. As long as Itoi was ok with it, I could definitely see Sakurai doing such a thing, so that we could have a "new look" at a classic. Gone would be the kid playing with his yo-yo, and in would be a stylish slugger with even more control over his powers than before.

It wouldn't necessarily be the first time such a thing happened in any fighting game. People who play the likes of SNK games like King of Fighters, Fatal Fury/Mark of the Wolves and such would be very familiar with how characters can change up from game to game in more ways dynamically than just a hit property being changed, or a new special move here and there.
Wow WHAT A SWEET IDEA!!!! I REALLY HOPE THIS GOES DOWN WITH CLAUS

T-major

Smash Champion
ok, what the hell!? my mom returned that printer/scanner to future shop, and the guy hooked it up, AND IT WORKED FINE! so I'm going to have to try and get it to work on my computer... I'll upload that Clauco (Claus+Falco=Clauco :D) drawing once/if I get it to work...

I also figured out what I'm going to look like in the comic. :D I also decided I'll use PSI as my main weapon, because PSI is awesome. I might have the sword too, and use it using PSI. that would be sweet...

Top Bottom