• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
OMG I'm so happy for pikmin & Olimar, This also helps claus case since the journal's validity is going up (Olimar with 3 and Claus with 4.) So he's in the blue!

This is good, And olimar will be awsome to use :O.

Also think about it guys; If claus gets in then this thread will be moved like the olimar thread, Imagine how awsome that will be...All to us.

T-major

Smash Champion
Whatdo you guys make of the 2chan roster? There's no claus on it.... :(
none of them have Claus on them... one had Porky (MOTHER 2 version...), but thats one was proven fake by lack of common sense in the character picks...

actually, all of them are fake. so I don't really care what all these "leaks" have to say.

and yes; Olimar >>>> n00bz. :D he's going to be really interesting. really, there are so many character is this game that I might want to main, that it's ridiculous... of course, if Claus makes it, I wont have that problem! :D

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
OMG I'm so happy for pikmin & Olimar, This also helps claus case since the journal's validity is going up (Olimar with 3 and Claus with 4.) So he's in the blue!

Also think about it guys; If claus gets in then this thread will be moved like the olimar thread, Imagine how awsome that will be...All to us.
I'm SO happy to see Olimar for the selfsame reason! Aside from PT, ALL of the newcomers revealed have been pulled directly from the characters on Sakurai's poll who were mentioned multiple times. Since Claus was mentioned twice (or four times, by another account), I would say that his chances are looking even better now. :bigthumbu

Whatdo you guys make of the 2chan roster? There's no claus on it.... :(
Yeah, I noticed. Funny thing is, no one even began MENTIONING Claus until this week. Methinks that someone heard the name and it caught on with the faux-leakers in hopes of making their respective rosters seem more plausible.

And Serebii disconfirmed the 2chan roster as "faker than Michael Jackson's nose" lol, probably because of Mewtwo and the Rival Trainer as playable characters.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord

Claus actually had 2, but i still think he should be playable.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I'm SO happy to see Olimar for the selfsame reason! Aside from PT, ALL of the newcomers revealed have been pulled directly from the characters on Sakurai's poll who were mentioned multiple times. Since Claus was mentioned twice (or four times, by another account), I would say that his chances are looking even better now. :bigthumbu

Yeah, I noticed. Funny thing is, no one even began MENTIONING Claus until this week. Methinks that someone heard the name and it caught on with the faux-leakers in hopes of making their respective rosters seem more plausible.

And Serebii disconfirmed the 2chan roster as "faker than Michael Jackson's nose" lol, probably because of Mewtwo and the Rival Trainer as playable characters.
Link. Nothing can be faker than MJ's nose.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Lucas only had 2 votes, too. Say what you will about an AC character, but that also got two votes, and it looks like we're getting one.

Anyway, the 2ch roster is fake. Sonic being a starter is only one of the things that debunk it, as Sakurai said within a day of him coming out that he'd be a secret character upon release.

T-major

Smash Champion
Anyway, the 2ch roster is fake. Sonic being a starter is only one of the things that debunk it, as Sakurai said within a day of him coming out that he'd be a secret character upon release.
Sakurai said it, too.... like, at the beginning...

and the thing with all these "leaks" is that they either contradict each other, or get proven wrong by other reasons. they're not real.I don't see how anyone can be stupid enough to think they are...

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Yeah they are; And it's four when i checked, With Dedede Olimar Ike and Diddy CONFIRMED and Ridley and Krystal are dead obvious off of the bat while Geno is looking good with chances then we're in a good posistion; Now we just have to play the waiting game on whether this thread will be a gigantic bust or whether we get our claus and his own sub-section just to talk about him.

Seems like life or death at this point. :p

Claus actually had 2, but i still think he should be playable.
*Sigh* I'm sick of reposting this every time someone gets confused with the pinned topic.(Like the mistranslation of geno having 4 when it was 5 because one was requesting music AND Geno.)

Hold on, Anyhow this means that 4/10 are playable (OMG YES.) 2/10 are semi-confirmed, Ones deconfirmed (Nook says hi >_> <_<.) And Takamaru is looking pretty good, Here's the list;

Side-note; Also some like WWLink he missed because of things like "Cat-eyed link" In there.

1. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) (5 entries) < Likely
2. King Dedede (Kirby franchise) (5 entries) < CONFIRMED!
3. Krystal (Star Fox franchise) (4 entries) < SHOO-IN ISH
4. Ridley (Metroid franchise) (4 entries) < SHOO-IN ISH
5. Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) (4 entries) < CONFIRMED!
6. Claus (Mother 3) (4 entries) <...
7. Diddy Kong (DK franchise) (4 entries) <CONFIRMED!
8. Takamaru (The Mystery of Murasume's Castle) (3 entries) < Likely
9. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing franchise) (3 entries) < DECONFIRMED
10. Captain Olimar (Pikmin franchise) (3 entries) < CONFIRMED!

Now look at it, Besides tom nook we see 4/9 confirmed, 2/9 that i would be shocked if they aren't in, And geno and takamaru, Takamaru has had his competition killed a LOT With the samurai's and is only left with Sukapon (But sukapon only has one less entry.) Geno haspractically killed the competition (Waluigi, Toad, Daisy, Petey, And every generic mario enemy ever to have a role.) With only Paper Mario and Bowser Jr left which makes it easy for the series to get 5-6 reps for him to wake an opening.

U C WUT I C? The journals power has quite a bit of hiarcy and with claus having an important role/Sakurai being biased for M3, Etc then it makes him likely also, Heck all sakurai needs to do is add in the final nails in the coffin and he'll be close to ridley or krystal's level.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
I've looked all over the Dojo, where did Sakurai say that Sonic will be a secret character?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Link. Nothing can be faker than MJ's nose.
Ah, rats, I misquoted him; that's how he described another leak. THIS was the way he discredited the supposed 2chan leak.

Fake methinks

Actually completely lol
Hope that helps. :grin:

Yeah they are; And it's four when i checked, With Dedede Olimar Ike and Diddy CONFIRMED and Ridley and Krystal are dead obvious off of the bat while Geno is looking good with chances then we're in a good posistion; Now we just have to play the waiting game on whether this thread will be a gigantic bust or whether we get our claus and his own sub-section just to talk about him.

Seems like life or death at this point. :p

*Sigh* I'm sick of reposting this every time someone gets confused with the pinned topic.(Like the mistranslation of geno having 4 when it was 5 because one was requesting music AND Geno.)

Hold on, Anyhow this means that 4/10 are playable (OMG YES.) 2/10 are semi-confirmed, Ones deconfirmed (Nook says hi >_> <_<.) And Takamaru is looking pretty good, Here's the list;

Side-note; Also some like WWLink he missed because of things like "Cat-eyed link" In there.

2. King Dedede (Kirby franchise) (5 entries) < CONFIRMED!
5. Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) (4 entries) < CONFIRMED!
7. Diddy Kong (DK franchise) (4 entries) <CONFIRMED!
8. Takamaru (The Mystery of Murasume's Castle) (3 entries) < Likely
9. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing franchise) (3 entries) < DECONFIRMED
10. Captain Olimar (Pikmin franchise) (3 entries) < CONFIRMED!

Now look at it, Besides tom nook we see 4/9 confirmed, 2/9 that i would be shocked if they aren't in, And geno and takamaru, Takamaru has had his competition killed a LOT With the samurai's and is only left with Sukapon (But sukapon only has one less entry.) Geno haspractically killed the competition (Waluigi, Toad, Daisy, Petey, And every generic mario enemy ever to have a role.) With only Paper Mario and Bowser Jr left which makes it easy for the series to get 5-6 reps for him to wake an opening.

U C WUT I C? The journals power has quite a bit of hiarcy and with claus having an important role/Sakurai being biased for M3, Etc then it makes him likely also, Heck all sakurai needs to do is add in the final nails in the coffin and he'll be close to ridley or krystal's level.
Wow...thank you for the fixed translation! I had no idea that the pinned topic was misinformed. This has probably made my day. :bigthumbu Just knowing that Claus appeared as many times as Ike and Diddy makes me so excited! I added in the colors just to show how Claus fits so nicely between Olimar and Dedede. Claus for Brawl!

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
1. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) (5 entries) < SHOO-IN ISH
6. Claus (Mother 3) (4 entries) < SHOO-IN ISH
8. Takamaru (The Mystery of Murasume's Castle) (3 entries) < SHOO-IN ISH

These 5 i'm very certain will be playable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) (5 entries) < SHOO-IN ISH
6. Claus (Mother 3) (4 entries) < SHOO-IN ISH
8. Takamaru (The Mystery of Murasume's Castle) (3 entries) < SHOO-IN ISH

These 5 i'm very certain will be playable.
Yeah, hopefully...

Id rather have Sukapon than Takamaru though

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Like I said earlier, Claus just isn't AT material, the other characters, even perhaps Flint I could see sadly, but Claus? He's got WAY too much going for him to just be an AT. Also, I think I must be missing something, but Sukapon really doesn't interest me, I'd rather have Takamaru, granted Sukapon's more unique, but I just don't think he looks that fun to play as. That's just my opinion though.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
If Geno got 5 Entries then it his highly likely that he will get in. But due to SquareEnix owning him, that change just might go down the drain.

If Krystal got 4 entries, then okay. She's probably in...

Although i see 4 entries, i don't think he will make it in, seeing as he is very large, unless they shrink him to a smaller size, which would totally ruin Ridley! (Somehow)

Ahh Someone already said it, Sakurai is biased to Mother 3, well not biased, i guess he just loved it as much as i did.. He also got lots of entries, very unique character... (Well of course i said more things about claus then everyone else, he rocks) The question is whether or not if he is in, will he be called Maskedman or Claus?

Let's hope that Claus becomes his own character and not a Lucas color Alt.

Judging from this thing, we can say that most of these characters will probably make it in. Oh god i am dying for claus to be his very own character... I would do NEARLY anything to get him in...

T-major

Smash Champion
I've looked all over the Dojo, where did Sakurai say that Sonic will be a secret character?
he didn't say it on the Dojo. he said it in interviews when asked about third party characters. the recent issue of CoroCoro confirmed it as well.

Third, thanks for clearing up the amount of mentions. :D Claus having more than Lucas, the main character, must be a good sign! :O

also, GKirby, Ridley's size isn't an issue. it's already been proven with Bowser, Kirby, and now Olimar, that size doesn't matter.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Although i see 4 entries, i don't think he will make it in, seeing as he is very large, unless they shrink him to a smaller size, which would totally ruin Ridley! (Somehow)
He's just a little bigger than Samus on Melee's intro and he was almost her size on the first Metroid game, the size argument is ridiculous.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Wow...thank you for the fixed translation! I had no idea that the pinned topic was misinformed. This has probably made my day. :bigthumbu Just knowing that Claus appeared as many times as Ike and Diddy makes me so excited! I added in the colors just to show how Claus fits so nicely between Olimar and Dedede. Claus for Brawl!
My computer was a bit messed up earlier, Anyhow...

The pinned topic is not "Misinformed", Many people run into copies of the journal so it's hard to find the actual one, Of course Fatmanonice (Great user at Nsider.) Had this version and he knows that geno had 5 entries but in one of them had "Forest music" Suggestion so that's probably how they got confused.

That's why everyone is like "OMG JOURNAL SED THIS" "NO IT SED THIS" So basically it means that claus has four entries (Which is good.) Right next to krystal ridley ike and diddy, With three/seven of those on our starting line-up (And probably olimar + Krystal is likely to join the ranks.) We all know one more mario rep is going to happen at least (Besides Luigi Mario Peach and Bowser.) Due to the ranks and Geno is looking in the clear, So we're in the clear. (For now.)

Also captain falcon join's the starting roster and "Bye bye ness" For more proof that Lucas is the further replacement.

And as for AT No, It's either In or Boss at this point, And considering how he is more "Superior" Then pokey and giygas(Who thought giygas was going to be playable? :laugh:) Then it makes him likely for playable...

So we're doing good, Just a couple ofmore days and hopefully this thread will live in peace, Life or death my friends.

;p

13 DAYS TILL WE FIND OUT HIS FATE, EITHER BUST OR VICTORY.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman

The pinned topic is not "Misinformed", Many people run into copies of the journal so it's hard to find the actual one, Of course Fatmanonice (Great user at Nsider.) Had this version and he knows that geno had 5 entries but in one of them had "Forest music" Suggestion so that's probably how they got confused.

That's why everyone is like "OMG JOURNAL SED THIS" "NO IT SED THIS" So basically it means that claus has four entries (Which is good.) Right next to krystal ridley ike and diddy, With three/seven of those on our starting line-up (And probably olimar + Krystal is likely to join the ranks.) We all know one more mario rep is going to happen at least (Besides Luigi Mario Peach and Bowser.) Due to the ranks and Geno is looking in the clear, So we're in the clear. (For now.)

Also captain falcon join's the starting roster and "Bye bye ness" For more proof that Lucas is the further replacement.

And as for AT No, It's either In or Boss at this point, And considering how he is more "Superior" Then pokey and giygas(Who thought giygas was going to be playable? :laugh:) Then it makes him likely for playable...

So we're doing good, Just a couple ofmore days and hopefully this thread will live in peace, Life or death my friends.

;p

True. Hopefully We'll get to know soon. All I know is, regardless of whether Mother 3 is popular or not, Claus is so badass and much better than some other suggested characters (In my opinion Krystal and Sakupon) and honestly, he's the only Mother Villain who could be playable, I know that Claus would really stand out amoungst the other fighters, Mother needs a character who looks cool, so many people who've never played Mother think it looks pretty boring since all they see is either Ness or now Lucas (who they think is just Ness with a Johnny Bravo wig.) Claus could change that whole view of the series. So overall I think that he DEFINATELY stands a good chance.

Also on that note, do you think the Masked Man will be Lucas's size or taller?

Noshiee

Smash Ace
well, the same becouse they are twins, they are the same height, but Claus has a helmet, so maybe he might be a little-little higher, oh wait, Lucas has a big duck butt in his head, so they should be the same. lol

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
no, they're twins
From Wikipedia's Mother 3 characters page- 'Claus (クラウス, Kurausu?) is Lucas' older twin, and the son of Flint and Hinawa' Yeah I know that Wiki's hardly the best source, but I've heard it a few times also. I really hope my **** copy of Mother 3 will arrive soon, I ordered it 4 weeks ago...

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, double post...

EDIT: Or not? WTF? It was a triple post for a second there. Anyways, basic message: Claus for Brawl!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

;p

It would be REALLY foolish to put Claus as a boss, especially considering that he is practically made to be playable; it would seem such a waste! Porky will certainly be a boss, but Claus just has to make the roster.

Now is the final stretch. Cross your fingers everyone! It's time for Claus to show the world what he's made of. CLAUS FOR BRAWL! :bigthumbu

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Just trying to imagine him playable is so strange, Ness and Lucas look pretty out there compared to others (big heads, dots for eyes) I really want to see Claus in Brawl at least, playable definately, but to see him facing off against other characters will be awesome.

Top Bottom