• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
It would be REALLY foolish to put Claus as a boss, especially considering that he is practically made to be playable; it would seem such a waste! Porky will certainly be a boss, but Claus just has to make the roster.

Now is the final stretch. Cross your fingers everyone! It's time for Claus to show the world what he's made of. CLAUS FOR BRAWL! :bigthumbu
Well people could have said the same about petey. :laugh:

Kidding, It :laugh:really matters on what sakurai thinks.

And yeah, WE'RE ALMOST THERE, WE WIN AND THIS THREAD TURNS INTO "Claus discussion thread" WOOT.

Also if he's in i hope he's a high tier ;p

T-major

Smash Champion
And yeah, WE'RE ALMOST THERE, WE WIN AND THIS THREAD TURNS INTO "Claus discussion thread" WOOT.
I've had an idea for a while that I havn't bothered asking yet.

if Claus is in Brawl, do you think some of the MMPMA members should put their heads together at some time after the release, and make a detailed guide to using Claus? after all, it's a Claus fan club, not just a support- for-Brawl club...

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman

if Claus is in Brawl, do you think some of the MMPMA members should put their heads together at some time after the release, and make a detailed guide to using Claus? after all, it's a Claus fan club, not just a support- for-Brawl club...
Sounds like a good idea, being from the UK though I'm afraid I doubt I'll have the game for a while...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well people could have said the same about petey. :laugh:

Kidding, It :laugh:really matters on what sakurai thinks.

Also if he's in i hope he's a high tier ;p
YES! And even if he's not high tier, we'll make him dominate anyhow. ;)

YES! That sounds like a wonderful idea. I guarantee that I'll play Claus so much that I'll do everything I possibly can to aid in guide-making. :grin:

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I just meant they might have a similar playstyle, because they rely on a sword AND various weapons. But they aren't THAT similar.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace

How about Vesper, me, and whoever is a commander is put in charge?

EDIT: Oh! How about Vesper covers A moves and aerials, I cover B moves, and whoever the commander is does misc moves like taunting, throws, final smash, etc.

T-major

Smash Champion
How about Vesper, me, and whoever is a commander is put in charge?

EDIT: Oh! How about Vesper covers A moves and aerials, I cover B moves, and whoever the commander is does misc moves like taunting, throws, final smash, etc.
yeah, I figured that whoever was in charge of the MMPMA would organize everything.

I was thinking more along the lines of all members being able to share strategies and techniques they use with Claus (as well as his best and worse moves), and others could try it out and confirm that it's useful or not; after that it would be added to the list of strategies... I think it would be sweet. usually things like that are done by one or two people, but this would be a community effort. it would be great, and add more purpose to the club after Brawl comes out.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Look at el sig
Bandwidth exceeded. Wow, I wish my sig was that good.

yeah, I figured that whoever was in charge of the MMPMA would organize everything.

I was thinking more along the lines of all members being able to share strategies and techniques they use with Claus (as well as his best and worse moves), and others could try it out and confirm that it's useful or not; after that it would be added to the list of strategies... I think it would be sweet. usually things like that are done by one or two people, but this would be a community effort. it would be great, and add more purpose to the club after Brawl comes out.
I know. I mean just the leaders would make the body of it, and there would be a strategies section, combos, etc section, and people could post stuff and we'd put it in.

Lol, he's not even confirmed yet, and look at us :p

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

Nothing much else to do.

YES! That sounds like a wonderful idea. I guarantee that I'll play Claus so much that I'll do everything I possibly can to aid in guide-making. :grin:
Yeah true, I'm using him even if he sucks (Which i hope he doesen't.)

Bandwidth exceeded. Wow, I wish my sig was that good.

I know. I mean just the leaders would make the body of it, and there would be a strategies section, combos, etc section, and people could post stuff and we'd put it in.

Lol, he's not even confirmed yet, and look at us :p
That's all we're going to be able to do after he gets confirmed, And post pro video's etc i guess...

ALSO VESPERVIEW GOT BANNED D: D: D:

Oblivion0309

Smash Rookie
vesper here, I won't be able to update the OP in a while, so I'll post with this account.

Claus for Brawl!

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
dudes! I just went to a video game store that has EVERYTHING! (the even had a virtual Boy :O), and they had Earthbound for sale... for $70!
What about Mother 3? or Mother 1+2

I'm still waiting for my copy of Mother 3 'sigh'

ForteX

Smash Journeyman

Well I haven't been by here in ages XD. I agree with you. If Masked Man/Clause is in, Even if he sucks beyond reason, I'll make him not suck. Masked Man's better, he has teh thundar!

Also, Earthbound for 70 bucks?! I got my copy off Ebay for $33. Anyone who never has played it, it's well worth a reasonable price. I dunno about 70, but as far as I'm concerned, up to 50 is probably a good deal. Mother 3 is even better, just beat it last week.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Nice stuff there.

Here are some Mother 3 tracks I recorded from the game. I know Starmen.net has them, but they're in that strange format. These are Mp3.

I recorded these long before I beat the game, so I had no idea that track 36 actually wasn't unused, and was indeed the final battle theme. (So epic) So the naming of most of these is a little off. I also didn't record battle themes and such, since 250 tracks would have just been too much.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I didn't read anything in the topic, so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet... But will SOMEONE change the title? There's a friggin huge spoiler staring at everyone. -_-

Oblivion0309

Smash Rookie
Vesp, as soon as you get unbanned (if ever? D: ), want me to host some images on a non-bandwidth limit thing?
Sure, I get unbanned in the 26th.

I didn't read anything in the topic, so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet... But will SOMEONE change the title? There's a friggin huge spoiler staring at everyone. -_-
It's been like that for months, we won't change it now.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Masked Man being Claus isn't really that much of a spoiler. Anyone who's played Mother 3 up to chapter 4 could use simple logic to figure out his identity (ex: The Pig Masks mistaking Lucas for him, Kumatora's comments about him, the fact Flint could never find so much as a body, the tension between him and Lucas when they meet, and the fact they both can pull the needles)

Besides, the game's been out for a year now. Or has it been two? Anyone who's going to care already knows.

T-major

Smash Champion
What about Mother 3? or Mother 1+2

I'm still waiting for my copy of Mother 3 'sigh'
unfortunately, no. the store didn't appear to have any imports. if MOTHER3 was there, I would have gotten it like THAT! *snaps fingers*

Also, Earthbound for 70 bucks?! I got my copy off Ebay for $33. Anyone who never has played it, it's well worth a reasonable price. I dunno about 70, but as far as I'm concerned, up to 50 is probably a good deal. Mother 3 is even better, just beat it last week.
I know! thats why I didn't buy it (I got Tales of Symphonia, and MGS: the Twin Snakes instead)... which pissed me of, because I can't use Ebay (no credit card). hopefully it comes out on Virtual Console soon, that would be much better.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Nothing much else to do.

Yeah true, I'm using him even if he sucks (Which i hope he doesen't.)

That's all we're going to be able to do after he gets confirmed, And post pro video's etc i guess...
And make happy support icons! And take Claus screenshots! And...and...well, you get the idea. Claus would be playable and all my dreams would come true. :bigthumbu

Well luckily he wasn't shown as an assist trophy so we still have a chance.
True! As long as things stay that way, we'll be fine. Honestly, I would be shocked if Claus were an AT. He's too important to the story to be a mere AT.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Duster got AT'd. But then again, he isn't so important to the story. His only real mission is to get the egg, which I'm not sure if that even ever helped anything aside from keeping it out of Pokey's fat hands.

I actually hope Claus isn't in adventure mode, and is unlocked some other way, since having him in adventure mode actually makes it more likely he's just a boss, which would be great and all, but having the unattainable makes it all that much worse :p

T-major

Smash Champion
I actually hope Claus isn't in adventure mode, and is unlocked some other way, since having him in adventure mode actually makes it more likely he's just a boss, which would be great and all, but having the unattainable makes it all that much worse :p
um... why the hell would they make him JUST a boss? character that are ONLY bosses are characters like Rayquaza, who are too ridiculous to be playable characters. Claus on the other hand is MADE to be playable. if he's a boss, he would be playable as well. end of story.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. That's a good point. It would still be a terrible possibility, you must admit :/

Anyway, I dunno if anyone's Nintendo Power subscription has run out lately, but when I renewed mine, as a free gift I got a "Super Smash Bros players guide" I asked if it was Brawl and the lady said she hadn't been told. Common sense would dictate that it is.

Wonder when that's coming in? If I get it soon after the game's release (or maybe by some freak chance before) I'll make sure to tell everything I know :p

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I don't see how Claus could only be a boss. If Mother 3 is in the story of subspace, Porky will probably be a boss. I don't see how it would make sense for Claus not to be included, because he is an important character in the story. He is Porky's right hand man. If you fight Porky, you most likely would have to fight Claus first. The bosses in subspace all seem to be characters who would not be able to be decent playable characters for various reasons. Sakurai would just make him playable. This is probably why we've seen Duster as an AT. Kumatora probably won't be playable either due to Lucas having her moves. And Boney? Come on. He wouldn't make it. So all signs point to Claus having great chances. The fact that New Pork City is in the game gives him a great chance.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I don't see how Claus could only be a boss. If Mother 3 is in the story of subspace, Porky will probably be a boss. I don't see how it would make sense for Claus not to be included, because he is an important character in the story. He is Porky's right hand man. If you fight Porky, you most likely would have to fight Claus first. The bosses in subspace all seem to be characters who would not be able to be decent playable characters for various reasons. Sakurai would just make him playable. This is probably why we've seen Duster as an AT. Kumatora probably won't be playable either due to Lucas having her moves. And Boney? Come on. He wouldn't make it. So all signs point to Claus having great chances. The fact that New Pork City is in the game gives him a great chance.
Agreed on all counts. Claus's chances seem extremely high; we can only cross our fingers and hope that Sakurai makes the right decision! :bigthumbu Given how well Claus did on the poll, though, I think it's almost guaranteed to happen. Lucas got in with two fewer mentions on the poll because he's the main character, so there's no reason to deny the best character in the game a spot on the roster.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Just a few more days and we'll know the fate of Claus for certain...!

Here's keeping my fingers crossed...

Claus for Brawl!

Top Bottom