• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

T-major

Smash Champion
My photoshop sucks, it saturates any image way too much when saved and I don't know how to fix it, it didn't look like that before I saved it.
maybe theres something messed up with your settings? it could have accidentally gone that way without you knowing it...

:EDIT:

I subdued the brightness on your recolour Ves. looks better, yes?

Ouendanation

Smash Ace

Ok, how about we agree it's some kind of mixture between green and blue?

EDIT: We should exchange Wii codes so we can Brawl it out with Claus in 36 days.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Well one thing we can be sure of. Claus will be in brawl, as to whether the masked man will is a different matter. But if Claus can be made that easily by people here I don't see how they wouldn't have him as a recolour at least in Brawl.

Also am I right that Claus can be used with Action Replay, as he was playable at the very start, and he has the same moves as Lucas at level 99? I'm sure I read that somewhere, only if that's the case then a recolour would make even more sense.

Not that I don't want the Masked man, of course I do, but Claus can't really not be in brawl.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Well one thing we can be sure of. Claus will be in brawl, as to whether the masked man will is a different matter. But if Claus can be made that easily by people here I don't see how they wouldn't have him as a recolour at least in Brawl.

Also am I right that Claus can be used with Action Replay, as he was playable at the very start, and he has the same moves as Lucas at level 99? I'm sure I read that somewhere, only if that's the case then a recolour would make even more sense.

Not that I don't want the Masked man, of course I do, but Claus can't really not be in brawl.
With a gameshark, you can have ANYONE in the game in your party. I dunno about ARs though.

T-Major, I added you and marked you with my sucky Claus mii :3

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice

Clay Guys, are... well, guys made of clay. The Pigmask Army uses them as a kind of slave. they make them by putting a machine in the clay (after it has been shaped to the shape of a clay guy), that brings them to life when they receive an electric shock. and by bring them to life, I mean bring them to life; not just enable them to move. they have the ability to cry, become tired, feel pain, stuff like that.

and that Claus sculpture is TOTALLY TUBULAR! :D

Ah, cool. I might do it this weekend if I get time, school starts back up next week though so it might be awhile.

Is there anything specifically you'd like to see the clay guy doing?

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
As for the club comic thing... I know Vesper's gonna hate me for even suggesting this, but someone's gotta do it.

T-major

Smash Champion
T-Major, I added you and marked you with my sucky Claus mii :3
awesome! also, I sent you some mii's :D

Is there anything specifically you'd like to see the clay guy doing?
the pose he's doing in his battle sprite is good enough for me. I can't really think of anything else, anyways.

As for the club comic thing... I know Vesper's gonna hate me for even suggesting this, but someone's gotta do it.

HAHA! AWESOME!!

SEE Ves!? isn't that 87 times better than Emo Ness!?

OMFG, someone needs to replace his nose with a cannon!
... VESPERVIEW!! you can't deny it! Search your feelings! you know it's true!

vesperview

Smash Hero
awesome! also, I sent you some mii's :D

the pose he's doing in his battle sprite is good enough for me. I can't really think of anything else, anyways.

HAHA! AWESOME!!

SEE Ves!? isn't that 87 times better than Emo Ness!?

... VESPERVIEW!! you can't deny it! Search your feelings! you know it's true!
Yeah, ok, Mr Saturn with Claus helmet is perfect... let's go with that one, but the bow has to be black and white cause those are my favorite colors.

Very nice op vesperview. Also, Claus would make a great addition. I'll join your army. I'll put the Clause banner in my sig tomorrow.
Thanks and welcome to the club.

T-major

Smash Champion
Yeah, ok, Mr Saturn with Claus helmet is perfect... let's go with that one, but the bow has to be black and white cause those are my favorite colors.
>:D Kukukukukah! another person gives in to my will!! next... THE WOLRD! KUKUKUKAH!!

but seriously, I don't want to force you into choosing that if you don't want it. we have plenty of time to think about our look in the comic, because we won't be coming into the comic until later (I assume Stryks will inform us when we will show up), so think about it...

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
So can I officially be a submarine now? :p

I've done two Claus fanarts, the Pig Mask sculpture, the Claus sculpture, and the Mr. Saturn in a helmet. I also plan to do a clay guy sculpture, and I'm sure other random goodness.

T-major

Smash Champion
So can I officially be a submarine now? :p

I've done two Claus fanarts, the Pig Mask sculpture, the Claus sculpture, and the Mr. Saturn in a helmet. I also plan to do a clay guy sculpture, and I'm sure other random goodness.
... keep this up, and we're going to have to make a whole new rank for you... I have no idea what that could be though...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Oh god this was so much fun to do:
Absolutely awesome! I'll be dreaming of seeing this on the DOJO for days... :bigthumbu

And an interesting observation: none of the supposed "leaks" have mentioned Claus yet. Granted, they're all probably fake, so it's really not that big of a deal. :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
From one of the Prophets, describing returning NESS

"Anyways, his movement is the same and he still has PK Thunder, but his other attacks are quite different. His Up+B is a pillar of fire...think Pikachu's down+B, except that it won't end up behind him if he's traveling laterally through the air. His Over+B is...some sort of energy attack that he throws. It looks similar to PSI magnet, but yellow...unfortunately that's the best I can desribe it. Finally, his down B causes him to crouch, and he surrounds himself with energy and launches himself as a projectile. Similar to Sonic's attacks, I guess. That's all I've been told, unfortunately."

What the hell MOTHER attacks are those suppose to be?

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely awesome! I'll be dreaming of seeing this on the DOJO for days... :bigthumbu

And an interesting observation: none of the supposed "leaks" have mentioned Claus yet. Granted, they're all probably fake, so it's really not that big of a deal. :)
Well think about it. The fact Claus isn't on any of them in a way, could show they're fake, not that I mean he's gonna be in (as the masked man) no matter what but the fact they seem to have one incredibly obscure character and not Claus shows that they especially looked that one up to make it look trustworthy, then they put in all the popular choices. If Claus was in one, I think it has a higher chance of being real since beyond people who know about Mother 3, noone's even heard of Claus. Also putting an obscure character from a series already in Brawl doesn't seem to be what they do (except for Geno)

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Oh god this was so much fun to do:
How did you do that o_O

"Anyways, his movement is the same and he still has PK Thunder, but his other attacks are quite different. His Up+B is a pillar of fire...think Pikachu's down+B, except that it won't end up behind him if he's traveling laterally through the air. His Over+B is...some sort of energy attack that he throws. It looks similar to PSI magnet, but yellow...unfortunately that's the best I can desribe it. Finally, his down B causes him to crouch, and he surrounds himself with energy and launches himself as a projectile. Similar to Sonic's attacks, I guess. That's all I've been told, unfortunately."
wtf?

TBone06

Smash Ace
This is the first time I've been in this thread and I've gotta admit, I've never played this game, and Im a fan of Ness returning, but I kinda would like to see Claus in. He looks like he'd be a big player. Plus with the AT's of Duster and Kumatory, his chance of being in is greater because he is more popular

Top Bottom