• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
I hope we will se a Claus vs. Meta Knight fight in Brawl.
That would be epic. :)

Claus has everything a fighter needs and he is supporting new techniques.
A wonderful choice for Brawl.

Small question:
Sakurai worked on Mother 3, right?
So he knows the series perfectly.

Maggirus

T-major

Smash Champion
How about Snake vs. Captain Falcon? The epic battle of epic manliness.
are you kidding me? the Wii doesn't have enough power to handle such awesome happening all at once. the only way it would work, is if they made Falcon and Snake wear frilly dresses when they fight against each other... and even then that might not work, because it would just show that Falcon and Snake are secure enough with there sexuality/masculinity, that wearing a dress has no effect on them. D:

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
are you kidding me? the Wii doesn't have enough power to handle such awesome happening all at once. the only way it would work, is if they made Falcon and Snake wear frilly dresses when they fight against each other... and even then that might not work, because it would just show that Falcon and Snake are secure enough with there sexuality/masculinity, that wearing a dress has no effect on them. D:
This quote FTW.

Also Falcon's already overcome that hurdle through his very fitting Pink outfit, and Snake has his leapard skin suit.

Anyway, Paper Mario and Claus would definately be WTF, but imagine Claus and Pikachu.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice

Ran out of ideas for Claus related things, so I did this instead.

I figure someone will still get a kick out of it

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Would a slap fight make it possible?

Oh, and is that a clay sculpture?

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. Funny thing, because it was actually the clay Kumatora in your sig that made me want to try it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah. Funny thing, because it was actually the clay Kumatora in your sig that made me want to try it.
Oh really? If that's the case, then you should thank Flintofmother3. He's the one who originally made the clay Kumatora sculpture.

Although, when I saw that sculpture of yours, I honestly thought Flint was back to doing more.

Got a few questions for ya:

1. How long did it take to make?
2. How hard was it?
3. Will you ever do a Masked Boy one?
4. Was Magic Cake involved in making this?

Ouendanation

Smash Ace

Ran out of ideas for Claus related things, so I did this instead.

I figure someone will still get a kick out of it
Oh my GOD. Did you actually make that yourself? If you did, you deserve a clay guy rank ;O

If you do claus and clay guy ones, submarine rank for you :)

Oh, and Vesper, I propose there be 2 official MMPMA bars, and people can choose which one they want to use? I need a skinny one for my sig. Von Karma's headbanging amount of awesomeness sadly overrules the awesomeness of the banner :(. Besides, I'm getting a crew banner soon, and that won't fit if there's a bar that isn't on its side.

T-major

Smash Champion
Oh, and Vesper, I propose there be 2 official MMPMA bars, and people can choose which one they want to use? I need a skinny one for my sig. Von Karma's headbanging amount of awesomeness sadly overrules the awesomeness of the banner :(. Besides, I'm getting a crew banner soon, and that won't fit if there's a bar that isn't on its side.
how about anyone can make their own banner for the MMPMA, as long as they link this thread to it? thats what I did...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I don't know what Paper Mario could do with Claus, but I definitely hope PM is not in.
Ditto that, my friend. I thought the Pikachu idea was kind of appropriate though, what with the thunder connection and all.

And also, Ouendanation: shouldn't the characters in your sig beneath your name be おうえんだなしょん ? "Sho" seems like a better transliteration of "-tion" than "cho" (which would actually be ちょ ).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Found a new pic of Claus:

I wonder if Claus likes coffee.

T-major

Smash Champion
And also, Ouendanation: shouldn't the characters in your sig beneath your name be おうえんだなしょん ? "Sho" seems like a better transliteration of "-tion" than "cho" (which would actually be ちょ ).
say what the fu*k?

I'm going to make a move set, but I'm going to take some more creative liberty with this one. it's going to be a little more abstract in terms of regular attacks, so look forward to it.

::EDIT::

OH MY GOD! That picture just DESTROYED my socks!!

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Ditto that, my friend. I thought the Pikachu idea was kind of appropriate though, what with the thunder connection and all.

I thought it was "chion". Btw, in my new kana version, typing in "tion," it automatically converts to "chion"

Found a new pic of Claus:

I wonder if Claus likes coffee.
Of course he likes coffee!

Oh, it'd be pretty awesome if you could give credit to the authors of all those pictures you post, too.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I thought it was "chion". Btw, in my new kana version, typing in "tion," it automatically converts to "chion"

Of course he likes coffee!

Oh, it'd be pretty awesome if you could give credit to the authors of all those pictures you post, too.
Ah, therein lies the problem! I've been using the kana converter, too, and I love it--BUT it's all done syllabically, mind. When you type the end of your username, the converter recognizes each written syllable as if you were typing in actual katakana, disregarding the actual sound of the words.

In this case, when you type "nation," the converter slices it up into NA TI O N, and because TI is actually CHI, we end up with NA CHI O N, or ナチオン. In actuality, however, the sound that we want to emulate is more of a "shh," thus necessitating NA SHO N, and the "SHO" is produced by combining SHI and YO: ショ. And because "nation" has more of a "nay" sound, you might also consider transliterating with NEI: ネイ.

So, in short, your new kana nickname would be オウエンダネイション.

And, on a Claus-related note: I just finished Chapter 6. Wow...beautiful stuff. Can't wait to see more of the Masked Man!

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i have no idea who claus is, but he seems cool, he looks like he has nice moves too!

but i have a question, would you want lucas, claus AND ness in brawl?

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Ah, therein lies the problem! I've been using the kana converter, too, and I love it--BUT it's all done syllabically, mind. When you type the end of your username, the converter recognizes each written syllable as if you were typing in actual katakana, disregarding the actual sound of the words.

In this case, when you type "nation," the converter slices it up into NA TI O N, and because TI is actually CHI, we end up with NA CHI O N, or ナチオン. In actuality, however, the sound that we want to emulate is more of a "shh," thus necessitating NA SHO N, and the "SHO" is produced by combining SHI and YO: ショ. And because "nation" has more of a "nay" sound, you might also consider transliterating with NEI: ネイ.

And, on a Claus-related note: I just finished Chapter 6. Wow...beautiful stuff. Can't wait to see more of the Masked Man!
Kana converter?

EDIT: Offtopic, but how do you get a custom tag?

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think that if Claus was in Subspace that the Pigmasks would appear? The idea of seeing if the quirkyness of Mother could be transferred to 3d is one of the reasons I want Claus in... besides the fact he's badass, a villain (Yes I know he's not completely but the Masked man is one of the top villains in Mother 3) a sword, ranged weapon AND PSI user. Not to mention his wings lol.

I hope Claus has a badass grab, like he simply stands looking at the opponent and can zap them, throw them:
up- simply watches them get thrown up
forward- shoots them forward with arm cannon
back- moves enemy behind him with PSI and then hits them with his sword.
Down- crushes enemy to ground (like DK's headbutt animation) whilst electrocuting them.
Basically I find the kickass thing about PSI is that it requires the mind only so Claus's throws should mostly not make him move any more than with his head (watching his opponent)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Kana converter?

EDIT: Offtopic, but how do you get a custom tag?
I don't really know how to describe it. I'm on a Macbook, so I can alter the text encoding on a page, as well as alter the language input. So I can set it so that when I type a word's Romaji equivalent, the Roman letters turn one by one into their respective syllable-characters in Hiragana or Katakana. If you type "nation," the program-of-sorts will pick out the syllables one by one and match them to Japanese characters: NA, TI, O, N. The problem with this system (in this case) is that it does not acknowledge the fact that you are transliterating an English word with English sounds; the "tio" in English is roughly pronounced "sho," as opposed to "chio." It's really just a matter of transliterating English sounds into the Katakana syllabary.

(And I'm not trying to be criticismic--I'm just trying to find a more exact transliteration for you. :grin:)

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I don't really know how to describe it. I'm on a Macbook, so I can alter the text encoding on a page, as well as alter the language input. So I can set it so that when I type a word's Romaji equivalent, the Roman letters turn one by one into their respective syllable-characters in Hiragana or Katakana. If you type "nation," the program-of-sorts will pick out the syllables one by one and match them to Japanese characters: NA, TI, O, N. The problem with this system (in this case) is that it does not acknowledge the fact that you are transliterating an English word with English sounds; the "tio" in English is roughly pronounced "sho," as opposed to "chio." It's really just a matter of transliterating English sounds into the Katakana syllabary.

(And I'm not trying to be criticismic--I'm just trying to find a more exact transliteration for you. :grin:)
Oh, I thought by Kana Converter, you meant some translation thing. I know what your talking about, though.

T-major

Smash Champion
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

man, if we had an update today (or yesterday, rather), we TOTALLY should have gotten a New Years Eve bomb item!

Is that really all that necessary? If it bothers you that much, then here

http://clyde-fire.deviantart.com/art/Hey-you-69324107

Anyway, it's not like I claim ownership.
just to clear things up. I didn't think you made it. I was just saying how awesome it was

wow... Japanese hurts my head more than Portal...

What do you think about the Dragoon prophecy thing, if the guy is legit.. Ness is coming back meaning Mother could get 3 reps.
really, I think thats a huge load... for one, all these other "prophets" have been a load of crap, so why would a real one suddenly show up? the fact that we apparently can't find the guy who made these statements is suspicious, and most of the stuff (all except Ness, and Lucario replacing Mewtwo) was actually pretty likely to happen in the first place; such as Ganondorf and Falco returning, as well as Wolf being in (I assume he meant Playable, but if never really specified; he could have meant AT, although I hope he's playable).

and really, I didn't find the idea of the Dragoon item to be that far fetched... I actually had the idea of it in my head for about a week before it was announced; of course, I didn't know how it could have worked, but the way it does work is actually very logical. this "prophet" could have just thought of a logical way for it to work, and it just happened to be right. in other words: A Lucky Guess...

OR, he could have had some inside info about that ONE thing (the Dragoon), and made the other stuff up, so people would believe it when the Dragoon turns out to be true... I think this is unlikely, because the chances that this one random person just so happens to know some inside info is hard to believe; even if it is just info about one item...

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
What do you think about the Dragoon prophecy thing, if the guy is legit.. Ness is coming back meaning Mother could get 3 reps.
I Think it's pure BS, It just seems so...Out of there.

I Mean seriously, Only about 10 More characters then a rushed game when melee achieved around 14? I was expecting a little bit better, Lucario and WWLink and all that stuff is fine but ness? I Really don't think it's true.

Lucas Ness and Claus would be awsome but for mother to get 3 Reps then that means FE/DK/SF And a couple of other series would have to get at least 3 Also, And that's questionable...And on a 35 character roster...

>_<.

T-major

Smash Champion
Lucas Ness and Claus would be awsome but for mother to get 3 Reps then that means FE/DK/SF And a couple of other series would have to get at least 3 Also, And that's questionable...And on a 35 character roster...
just to point out, FE/DK/SF getting three reps isn't that far fetched. Donkey Kong deserves three, what with being a video game icon with a lot of history. and Fire Emblem is HUGE! with Marth being a for-sure returning character, and Ike's inclusion, thats two already. I would say Sigurd is the most likely third rep, seeing as he's super popular in Japan, and was highly requested (at least at the time of Melee. I'm not sure about now, but I would assume he would still be supported)

the only one I might have doubts about is Star Fox... they might remove Falco and replace him with Krystal or Wolf. or Keep Falco and add Krystal or Wolf. OR Remove Falco and add both Krystal AND Wolf. I see it getting at least two reps, but it might get three.

and 35 characters seems a little low...

23 confirmed characters already, plus the shoe in veterans: Ganondorf, Marth, Luigi, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Game & Watch, Captain Falcon (sorry if I'm forgetting some)... that maaaaakessss... 30 characters... only five more newcomers? thats not enough... Ridley, Takamaru, and Krystal (I don't want her in, but she probably will be) take away three character slots already, and if Claus gets in, thats only one left... and really, with the amount of other deserving and wanted characters, thats just not enough... 40 would probably work though.... yeah, lets go with 40. at most 45.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

man, if we had an update today (or yesterday, rather), we TOTALLY should have gotten a New Years Eve bomb item!

just to clear things up. I didn't think you made it. I was just saying how awesome it was

wow... Japanese hurts my head more than Portal...

really, I think thats a huge load... for one, all these other "prophets" have been a load of crap, so why would a real one suddenly show up? the fact that we apparently can't find the guy who made these statements is suspicious, and most of the stuff (all except Ness, and Lucario replacing Mewtwo) was actually pretty likely to happen in the first place; such as Ganondorf and Falco returning, as well as Wolf being in (I assume he meant Playable, but if never really specified; he could have meant AT, although I hope he's playable).

and really, I didn't find the idea of the Dragoon item to be that far fetched... I actually had the idea of it in my head for about a week before it was announced; of course, I didn't know how it could have worked, but the way it does work is actually very logical. this "prophet" could have just thought of a logical way for it to work, and it just happened to be right. in other words: A Lucky Guess...

OR, he could have had some inside info about that ONE thing (the Dragoon), and made the other stuff up, so people would believe it when the Dragoon turns out to be true... I think this is unlikely, because the chances that this one random person just so happens to know some inside info is hard to believe; even if it is just info about one item...
Starmen.net got 4 PIECES of info, 3 of which have gotten updates on the DOJO!!. It's not THAT unlikely.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
just to point out, FE/DK/SF getting three reps isn't that far fetched. Donkey Kong deserves three, what with being a video game icon with a lot of history. and Fire Emblem is HUGE! with Marth being a for-sure returning character, and Ike's inclusion, thats two already. I would say Sigurd is the most likely third rep, seeing as he's super popular in Japan, and was highly requested (at least at the time of Melee. I'm not sure about now, but I would assume he would still be supported)

the only one I might have doubts about is Star Fox... they might remove Falco and replace him with Krystal or Wolf. or Keep Falco and add Krystal or Wolf. OR Remove Falco and add both Krystal AND Wolf. I see it getting at least two reps, but it might get three.

and 35 characters seems a little low...

23 confirmed characters already, plus the shoe in veterans: Ganondorf, Marth, Luigi, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Game & Watch, Captain Falcon (sorry if I'm forgetting some)... that maaaaakessss... 30 characters... only five more newcomers? thats not enough... Ridley, Takamaru, and Krystal (I don't want her in, but she probably will be) take away three character slots already, and if Claus gets in, thats only one left... and really, with the amount of other deserving and wanted characters, thats just not enough... 40 would probably work though.... yeah, lets go with 40. at most 45.
Ok, We get 22 Currently (Discluding the alt things blah lulz.)

Now let's talk about the MOTHER Franchise; It will be very fortunante to get 2, 3 Is highly pushing it.

So let's look here, On a 35 Character roster it WILL NOT Happen.

FE Needs 2 more reps, Starfox needs 2 moar, And K Rool says "Hi", That makes 27 without even veterans already.

Add in the ever so obvious Luigi, Falcon, G&W, Jiggs, And of course ganondorf (Marth is in with FE.) Already is 32.

Captain Olimar seems like a very likely canidate at this point, And what about ninty's big 3 Franchises to get another eh? Lucario OR Mewtwo seems likely to happen; A Mario newcomer and a LOZ One for sure, This brings us to 36 when we have yet to hit mother.

Then add in the 2 Mother reps and that's a grand total of 38.

Now then, FE Could get 3 reps (MAYBE.) And SF Could as well, DK Is a bit questionable due to being dead over the past years but seriously; I Think 40 Characters should be somewhere around it, We'll just have to wait and see.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Starmen.net got 4 PIECES of info, 3 of which have gotten updates on the DOJO!!. It's not THAT unlikely.
What are we missing? Lucas, Franklin Badge, New Pork City... Does Porky's Theme count as revealing the Porky thing? I mean, it at least shows the name change.

Ok, We get 22 Currently (Discluding the alt things blah lulz.)

Now let's talk about the MOTHER Franchise; It will be very fortunante to get 2, 3 Is highly pushing it.

So let's look here, On a 35 Character roster it WILL NOT Happen.

FE Needs 2 more reps, Starfox needs 2 moar, And K Rool says "Hi", That makes 27 without even veterans already.

Add in the ever so obvious Luigi, Falcon, G&W, Jiggs, And of course ganondorf (Marth is in with FE.) Already is 32.

Captain Olimar seems like a very likely canidate at this point, And what about ninty's big 3 Franchises to get another eh? Lucario OR Mewtwo seems likely to happen; A Mario newcomer and a LOZ One for sure, This brings us to 36 when we have yet to hit mother.

Then add in the 2 Mother reps and that's a grand total of 38.

Now then, FE Could get 3 reps (MAYBE.) And SF Could as well, DK Is a bit questionable due to being dead over the past years but seriously; I Think 40 Characters should be somewhere around it, We'll just have to wait and see.
I agree that 3 is pushing it as far as MOTHER representation goes, just because of the relatively limited nature of the franchise.

I agree that StarFox will probably get 2 more reps, and I suppose FE might (although I might prefer just 1 more). If K. Rool says "hi," though, I'll just slam the door in his face. :chuckle: I dunno about Marth returning...if he does, we will probably see 3 FE reps, but without him we'll only have 2.

Olimar is very likely, I agree; ditto Lucario and/or Mewtwo. A Mario newcomer is still iffy, but we'll surely see a new Zelda character. Fingers crossed for Midna and/or Wolf Link!

I'm sure we'll get at least 2 MOTHER reps at this point, and all signs point to Claus.

T-major

Smash Champion
I agree that StarFox will probably get 2 more reps,
two "more" adding on to Melee? as in four reps for a fairly small franchise? thats seems unlikely...

supose and I suppose FE might (although I might prefer just 1 more).
so a huge franchise like FE only gets two reps, but Star Fox gets four?...

If K. Rool says "hi," though, I'll just slam the door in his face.
I just lost a small amount of respect for you... and no, I'm not being sarcastic. theres NO reason why you shouldn't support K. Rool...

I dunno about Marth returning...if he does, we will probably see 3 FE reps, but without him we'll only have 2.
he's returning. he's the original FE lord, stared in two games plus is having his first game remade for the DS, and is still one of the most popular lords even though his game is old. I don't see how people can even begin to doubt his return

Lucario and/or Mewtwo
it's not an either-or scenario. either they both get in, or Mewtwo does. contrary to popular belief, Lucario does not, IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, have priority over Mewtwo. I'm not blaming you for this, but I'm sick and tired of having to explain this! the only reason Lucario has ANY type of importance over most other Pokemon is that he was in a movie. well guess what, Mewtwo was in TWO! one of them being the first one, the other, it's sequel. he also has importance in the actual games themselves, as being the ORIGINAL super legendary Pokemon. something which Lucario isn't even close to being. he was also already in Melee, with an ORIGINAL move set! the only problem was that he sucked due to his stats; some thing that can easily be fixed in Brawl.

so in short, Mewtwo is more important and ISN'T going to be replaced by some random Pokemon who was lucky enough to be in a movie. seriously, if they made a Movie staring Nosepass, should he then be in Brawl?

Fingers crossed for Midna and/or Wolf Link!
Minda's not important enough to the series as a whole to be in Brawl. Vaati and Tingle have priority over her. (and I'm not being sarcastic with Tingle. he actually does have priority over her)

I'm sure we'll get at least 2 MOTHER reps at this point, and all signs point to Claus.
Agreed. finally! D:

anyways, closing point: I'm guessing at LEAST 40 characters, but I think 45 may be likely. now back on Claus!

do you think Claus should be a fast character, or more of a medium speed? I think medium; one, because I don't see him as being a fast character, and two, because I don't like fast character.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
two "more" adding on to Melee? as in four reps for a fairly small franchise? thats seems unlikely...
He meant 2 more besides Fox he didn't include Falco as he's not confirmed yet

so a huge franchise like FE only gets two reps, but Star Fox gets four?...
No 3

I just lost a small amount of respect for you... and no, I'm not being sarcastic. theres NO reason why you shouldn't support K. Rool...
Yeah K. rool is the only other deserving dK character for brawl.

he's returning. he's the original FE lord, stared in two games plus is having his first game remade for the DS, and is still one of the most popular lords even though his game is old. I don't see how people can even begin to doubt his return
Why wouldn't he return?

it's not an either-or scenario. either they both get in, or Mewtwo does. contrary to popular belief, Lucario does not, IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, have priority over Mewtwo. I'm not blaming you for this, but I'm sick and tired of having to explain this! the only reason Lucario has ANY type of importance over most other Pokemon is that he was in a movie. well guess what, Mewtwo was in TWO! one of them being the first one, the other, it's sequel. he also has importance in the actual games themselves, as being the ORIGINAL super legendary Pokemon. something which Lucario isn't even close to being. he was also already in Melee, with an ORIGINAL move set! the only problem was that he sucked due to his stats; some thing that can easily be fixed in Brawl.
Pokemon is deserving of 5 reps as it's Nintendos second most popular franchise.

so in short, Mewtwo is more important and ISN'T going to be replaced by some random Pokemon who was lucky enough to be in a movie. seriously, if they made a Movie staring Nosepass, should he then be in Brawl?
Nosepass sucks

Minda's not important enough to the series as a whole to be in Brawl. Vaati and Tingle have priority over her. (and I'm not being sarcastic with Tingle. he actually does have priority over her)
Young Link has even more priority than those 2.

Agreed. finally! D:
Same here though i'd like Ness to return as well.

anyways, closing point: I'm guessing at LEAST 40 characters, but I think 45 may be likely. now back on Claus!

do you think Claus should be a fast character, or more of a medium speed? I think medium; one, because I don't see him as being a fast character, and two, because I don't like fast character.

T-major

Smash Champion
Nosepass sucks
exactly, but IF he had a movie, he should then be playable in brawl; thats the logic people use with Lucario. also, just to clear up, I'm not against Lucario in Brawl, just the idea of him replacing Mewtwo.

Young Link has even more priority than those 2.
well yeah, naturally. I didn't include him because he was already in Melee (albeit a clone), so he would count as a veteran.

but yeah, Medium speed. maybe with a few slow/strong attacks (smash attacks), and a few fast/weak attacks. I see him as fairly well rounded in terms of stats.

Top Bottom