• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
He should be called Maked man if he is in becuase it would not spoil Mother 3 as much.

T-major

Smash Champion
hey guys. just wanted to say that I might not be on as much for a while. I have to catch up in my school work. I've also been having a lot of headaches lately that I think are caused by too much games and computer.

I will, however, be making a moveset for Claus when I get the time, so look forward to it. :D

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Aren't his wings mechanical and like a jet pack?
Jet pack or not, though, he still has wings. Sure, they aren't the same as, say, Meta Knight's or Pit's, but he has wings nonetheless. I haven't trekked past Chapter 4 yet, so I don't know how whether or not his wings ever serve a gliding function. It sounds as though you imply that he doesn't glide in the game, but I'm curious as to whether or not that will make a difference in the Smash world.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Jet pack or not, though, he still has wings. Sure, they aren't the same as, say, Meta Knight's or Pit's, but he has wings nonetheless. I haven't trekked past Chapter 4 yet, so I don't know how whether or not his wings ever serve a gliding function. It sounds as though you imply that he doesn't glide in the game, but I'm curious as to whether or not that will make a difference in the Smash world.
I think it makes a difference. I guess that his wings can't be flapped like the other gliders. I think he'll have a floating ability like Peach. If this is the case, he may be one of the stronger characters.

T-major

Smash Champion
I think it makes a difference. I guess that his wings can't be flapped like the other gliders. I think he'll have a floating ability like Peach. If this is the case, he may be one of the stronger characters.
yeah, but being able to flap his wings would probably only effect whether he can multi jump or not. it's perfectly logical that he would be able to glide using his wings, using the jet pack to propel him forward, while using the wings to keep him aloft (think how an airplane works). he wouldn't be able to multi-jump though, which I think makes sense.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If Pit can get multiple jumps and glide, then I guess Claus can at least glide too.

Claus for Brawl Glider!!
I still say he should be a floater.

Anyway, remember when I mentioned the song The Poet and the Pendulum and how it reminded me of Claus? Well, here are the lyrics and you might see what I mean. Note, the song is over ten minutes long.

The Poet And The Pendulum

"WHITE LANDS OF EMPATHICA"

The end.

The songwriter's dead.
The blade fell upon him
Taking him to the white lands
Of Empathica
Of Innocence
Empathica
Innocence

"HOME"

The dreamer and the wine
Poet without a rhyme
A widowed writer torn apart by chains of hell

One last perfect verse
Is still the same old song
Oh Christ how I hate what I have become

Take me home

Getaway, runaway, fly away
Lead me astray to dreamer's hideaway
I cannot cry 'cause the shoulder cries more
I cannot die, I, a ***** for the cold world
Forgive me
I have but two faces
One for the world
One for God
Save me

My home was there 'n then
Those meadows of heaven
Adventure-filled days
One with every smiling face

Please, no more words
Thoughts from a severed head
No more praise
Tell me once my heart goes right

Take me home

Forgive me
I have but two faces
One for the world
One for God
Save me

"THE PACIFIC"

Sparkle my scenery
With turquoise waterfall
With beauty underneath
The Ever Free

Tuck me in beneath the blue
Beneath the pain, beneath the rain
Goodnight kiss for a child in time
Swaying blade my lullaby

On the shore we sat and hoped
Under the same pale moon
Whose guiding light chose you
Chose you all

"I'm afraid. I'm so afraid.
Being ***** again, and again, and again
I know I will die alone.
But loved.

You live long enough to hear the sound of guns,
long enough to find yourself screaming every night,
long enough to see your friends betray you.

For years I've been strapped unto this altar.
Now I only have 3 minutes and counting.
I just wish the tide would catch me first and give me a death I always longed for ".

"DARK PASSION PLAY"

2nd robber to the right of Christ
Cut in half - infanticide
The world will rejoice today
As the crows feast on the rotting poet

Everyone must bury their own
No pack to bury the heart of stone
Now he's home in hell, serves him well
Slain by the bell, tolling for his farewell

The morning dawned, upon his altar
Remains of the dark passion play
Performed by his friends without shame
Spitting on his grave as they came

Forgive me
I have but two faces
One for the world
One for God
Save me

"Today, in the year of our Lord 2005,
Tuomas was called from the cares of the world.
He stopped crying at the end of each beautiful day.
The music he wrote had too long been without silence.

He was found naked and dead,
With a smile in his face, a pen and 1000 pages of erased text."

Save me

"MOTHER & FATHER"

Be still, my son
You're home
Oh when did you become so cold?
The blade will keep on descending
All you need is to feel my love

Search for beauty, find your shore
Try to save them all, bleed no more
You have such oceans within
In the end
I will always love you

The beginning.
I can see this essentially being Claus' part of the storyline, especially the beginning and ending parts.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is old news actually. Still, it's sad that he wasn't made playable. He's easily the most original fighter in MOTHER3. Well, Claus and Kumatora are the only ones with an remote chances.

T-major

Smash Champion
This is old news actually. Still, it's sad that he wasn't made playable. He's easily the most original fighter in MOTHER3. Well, Claus and Kumatora are the only ones with an remote chances.
yeah. Duster would have been ****. his kicking oriented fighting style would have been VERY original, and his thief skills would have made great specials... :C oh well, at least he's in. it raises Claus' chances a bit more, anyways.

what I think Duster might do is use one of his thief skills. not the same one every time, but randomly choose one, and use it. something like...

Pendulum: puts people around him to sleep, doesn't effect the person who called him

Smoke Bomb: people stuck in the cloud of smoke can't move. doesn't effect the person who called him.

Feather: runs up to and tickles a single person. any attack that hits them while being tickled will do double the knock back and damage. doesn't effect the person who called him

Scary Mask: freezes someone in front of him with fear. like Mewtwo's Disable. can effect the person who called him.

Wall Staples: Pins a single person to the ground. can than only be hit by low hitting attacks and causes no knock-back while they are pinned down, but attacks do double damage. doesn't effect the person who called him.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Duster as an AT is exciting because it increases the possibility of Duster's Theme being included in Brawl. It's so catchy, and I absolutely love it. Duster's Theme : Brawl :: Pollyanna : Melee. :bigthumbu

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They should get an american to sing Pollyanna to piss the japanese even more! hahahahhahaha

what?
That's the most likely thing anyway. After all, aside from the fan Japanese version, the lyrics have always been in English. You know, I can picture Pollyanna sounding like this in Brawl minus the Japanese accents:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kPv5QSNh1C8

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
I did, but the title is still spoilery regardless of whether or not that's what the spoiler tag is for. Ah well though, it's already too well integrated for that to make any difference. Tough luck for anybody who's yet to play the game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I did, but the title is still spoilery regardless of whether or not that's what the spoiler tag is for. Ah well though, it's already too well integrated for that to make any difference. Tough luck for anybody who's yet to play the game.
Well, if Claus is in the game, then people will inevitably get spoiled. However, they might not know he dies at the end.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
That's the most likely thing anyway. After all, aside from the fan Japanese version, the lyrics have always been in English. You know, I can picture Pollyanna sounding like this in Brawl minus the Japanese accents:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kPv5QSNh1C8
Yay! Who should do it then? Rihanna? Britney? Avril Lavigne?
Just kidding... I hope

T-major

Smash Champion
the spoilers here are mainly about how and why Claus is the Masked Man, not the fact that he is the Masked Man. and as you said, it would be pretty pointless to change the title now. what with all the Support Icons that say "Claus" on them... unless we outlawed them... we can't do that can we? cause'... if we have that much power... than thats awesome!

and guys! HOLY CRAP!! THEME OF BAD BOY NEEDS TO BE IN BRAWL!! remixed or not! it NEEDS to be in brawl!! Twist and Battle needs to be in too! compilations of a bunch of enemy battle music! do I NEED to explain how perfect they are!?

... also, remixed Giygas Theme!!! IT WOULD BE PK ROCKIN'!!

PrettyGoodYear said:
Yay! Who should do it then? Rihanna? Britney? Avril Lavigne?
isn't it obvious who should do it!?

yeah, thats right...

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I do have to say Theme of Bad Boy and Twist and Battle are high on my music list. Ah... there were days when I'd put the Theme of Bad Boy on repeat over and over for like 2 hours. I don't do it now cause I'm away from my PC, but when I get back to it I'm gonna spam that song all over again.

It'll be MY Theme if it gets in Brawl *evil laugh*

AND... as for Pollyanna, I suggest a 5 way match up then. Megadeth, Catherine Warwick, Avril Lavigne and 2 others....

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I do have to say Theme of Bad Boy and Twist and Battle are high on my music list. Ah... there were days when I'd put the Theme of Bad Boy on repeat over and over for like 2 hours. I don't do it now cause I'm away from my PC, but when I get back to it I'm gonna spam that song all over again.

It'll be MY Theme if it gets in Brawl *evil laugh*

AND... as for Pollyanna, I suggest a 5 way match up then. Megadeth, Catherine Warwick, Avril Lavigne and 2 others....
Nightwish and Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

T-major

Smash Champion
John Lennon! Official Seal of Awesomeness to whoever know why.

also, The Who. just because they're my favorite band, and because I can imagine Pollyanna being covered by The Who, and it sounding nipple hardeningly awesome.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How about Snake vs. Captain Falcon? The epic battle of epic manliness.

Top Bottom