• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Making it an anime would corrupt it altogether.
...perhaps. However, if it retained Itoi at the storytelling helm it could actually make it all the better. I, personally, would not object to the idea of an anime and/or graphic novel based off of MOTHER 3. Of course, as much as I like anime and all, I can live without some of its conventions and cliches (though I tend to look at various and highly "overrated" shows like Naruto and Bleach from a broad, almost artistic spectrum despite each of them being riddled with those aforementioned faults. For the record, I do like them, but I am not fanboyish about either). They do tend to wear on me sometimes. Sadly, MOTHER 3 seems like the kinda thing that would mesh well with the standard anime fare---but, I'll be ****ed to neglect it if they implement everything nicely, something I imagine they'd do if they get Itoi and an awesome team of writers.

I think it would be cool to see the dissolution of Claus's psyche at the hands of the Pokey and the Pig Mask Army. Can you imagine the symbolism and the allegory depicted...? Almost makes me wanna write a story about it. o.O;

Smooth Criminal

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I think it would be cool to see the dissolution of Claus's psyche at the hands of the Pokey and the Pig Mask Army. Can you imagine the symbolism and the allegory depicted...? Almost makes me wanna write a story about it. o.O;

Smooth Criminal
Not unless I write it first. ;)

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Why's everyone so desperate for Ness out completely? I mean I'd rather have Claus, but why not have Ness as an alt? I mean if he is an alt I doubt he'd get a part in Subspace, so everyone who desperately wants it completely Mother 3 in that will be happy, and it would mean Ness was available too if you really want him in classic or just a normal Brawl. Everyone wins.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Why's everyone so desperate for Ness out completely? I mean I'd rather have Claus, but why not have Ness as an alt? I mean if he is an alt I doubt he'd get a part in Subspace, so everyone who desperately wants it completely Mother 3 in that will be happy, and it would mean Ness was available too if you really want him in classic or just a normal Brawl. Everyone wins.
Because i want mai claus, Just have ness as an ALT And leave him be, It pleases more fans :laugh:.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Because i want mai claus, Just have ness as an ALT And leave him be, It pleases more fans :laugh:.
Ah, I realize what you mean, I thought you meant you hope that it's right that Wario's got the only ALT in the game, that way Ness won't be in the game at all.

T-major

Smash Champion
"Everyone can change colors, of course. But Wario alone is special..."
unfortunately, that line crushes a lot of my hopes for more alt costumes... I mean, there could be more, but at this point, I wouldn't bet on it... not that it really matters to me, because Overalls Wario was practically the only alt that I think NEEDED to be in Brawl; but Doctor Mario would be a cool alt.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Since you guys seem to be particularly enthusiastic about this news. I will try and search some Japanese-forums to see what exactly Assist Trophy Duster does.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
well he could **** ppl with his awesomesauceness bass after kicking ppl...

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
All I care about, is that whatever he does is done to the tune of that funky bass beat he could do when you hear his "rhythm" in Mother 3.

He was awesome for many things, but I loved that beat. Duster basically taught me and my friends how to adequately do 10+ hits in that game.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
unfortunately, that line crushes a lot of my hopes for more alt costumes... I mean, there could be more, but at this point, I wouldn't bet on it... not that it really matters to me, because Overalls Wario was practically the only alt that I think NEEDED to be in Brawl; but Doctor Mario would be a cool alt.
NO MOAR MR.L LULZ.

Hey Claus fans, guess what I have heard
KumaOso is wrong and i'mma right, I Said that Kumatora Jeff and Duster are AT Material a couple of pages back and he said that all of those except duster would work and asked what duster would do.

:chuckle::chuckle::laugh::laugh:!

Well i wonder what it does, Can someone get pictures of this and the Pokey AT (Mother 2.) Rumored to be in from the E For all show, Seriously i haven't been seeing any sources of these, Well this practically puts the knife in...Now to just wait till porky is announced as a boss maybe...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
KumaOso is wrong and i'mma right, I Said that Kumatora Jeff and Duster are AT Material a couple of pages back and he said that all of those except duster would work and asked what duster would do.
When did I say this? Anyway, Jeff and Kumatora aren't out yet.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
When did I say this? Anyway, Jeff and Kumatora aren't out yet.
"I Can see Jeff and Kumatora working as assist trophy's but duster? What would he do?" Something like that, Then ves gave out a couple of ideas :psycho:
Jeff has no priolrity over ness (It's like putting luigi before mario, It won't happen.) And kumatora has all her attacks taken so that's close to a dead-flat no, If starmen.NET Is right about porky being a boss then his only competition is the number of mother reps...

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Duster could hoble about and then kick the **** out of anyone who gets to close.

PS: Vesper I voted for you for most sarcastic!

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Maybe Kumatora can have other attacks. I haven't played Mother 3, but there must be a lot of "PK" moves. Anyways, maybe Lucas will be in an event mode against Claus and Ness(NPC)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Maybe Kumatora can have other attacks. I haven't played Mother 3, but there must be a lot of "PK" moves. Anyways, maybe Lucas will be in an event mode against Claus and Ness(NPC)
Try "The whole mother series has a LOT Of pk users" Really there is hardly much difference with her, And if duster didn't make it then someone equal except who uses PK Is unlikely.

And probably something like Lucas and Ness ALT VS Claus as a guess.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Try "The whole mother series has a LOT Of pk users" Really there is hardly much difference with her, And if duster didn't make it then someone equal except who uses PK Is unlikely.

And probably something like Lucas and Ness ALT VS Claus as a guess.
Well, you never know with Sakurai. I hope at least Claus makes it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
"I Can see Jeff and Kumatora working as assist trophy's but duster? What would he do?" Something like that, Then ves gave out a couple of ideas :psycho:
Jeff has no priolrity over ness (It's like putting luigi before mario, It won't happen.) And kumatora has all her attacks taken so that's close to a dead-flat no, If starmen.NET Is right about porky being a boss then his only competition is the number of mother reps...
For all we know, she could be a Lucas clone.

T-major

Smash Champion
Hey Claus fans, guess what I have heard
cool!... I guess... I would have liked him playable though... but still awesome, because it's Duster!... seriously, I'm gonna name my kid Duster... even if it's a girl... it's an awesome name! :D

another thing from JumpFest!

WiiFanboy article said:
They also were able to face Lucas, and were disappointed again by the apparently non-Japanese voice actor used.
Source

so, apparently, Lucas doesn't have a Japanese voice actor... odd... I would have expected him to have a Japanese voice. maybe it's because MOTHER3 is set in an American type setting?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If it was because MOTHER3 is set in an American-esque setting, why didn't Ness have an English voice actor?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm guessing the Kanji is just Now Printing but I doubt that. Anyway, it's either the guide or the game itself.

Top Bottom