• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Anyone can join the MMPMA right? And as for a contribution for Claus check out my fan art on page 87.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm so impressed with the Claus fans. Everyone is so inclusive and we're all here just because we love the Masked Man. What gets me most excited about this thread is that the dissenting opinions are few and far between--and even when detractors do appear, their arguments are baseless and ineffectual. Just goes to show that Claus really IS the best choice for Brawl at this point. :grin:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wouldn't say he's the best choice out of characters, just the MOTHER characters.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
The only thing that COULD hold Claus back is whether Sakurai wants 2 Mother Characters or just one (Lucas).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The only thing that COULD hold Claus back is whether Sakurai wants 2 Mother Characters or just one (Lucas).
The only other MOTHER character standing a chance, really, is Kumatora. So, if Sakurai wants two, Claus'll get in. If he just wants one, we're screwed and so is everyone else.

T-major

Smash Champion
I'm so impressed with the Claus fans. Everyone is so inclusive and we're all here just because we love the Masked Man. What gets me most excited about this thread is that the dissenting opinions are few and far between--and even when detractors do appear, their arguments are baseless and ineffectual. Just goes to show that Claus really IS the best choice for Brawl at this point. :grin:
right on mah brah-tha! in my experiance, Claus supporters are some of the best supporters around, basically for the same reason you said. they're just... good supporters...

also, vesperview; I voted you for Most Sarcastic :D

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Vesper should've gotten Master Debater, I find him good at that but he's not in that category so...
Anywho, back on topic, if MOTHER will have a second rep, Claus is guaranteed a spot.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The only other MOTHER character standing a chance, really, is Kumatora. So, if Sakurai wants two, Claus'll get in. If he just wants one, we're screwed and so is everyone else.
It just seems natural at this point, though. Brawl won't feel complete with all these MOTHER 3 goodies but not Claus. We have Lucas, we have New Pork City, we have Porky's Theme (and presumably Porky himself), and the all-important Franklin Badge--and that's only what we know thus far, and the MOTHER series has had more coverage than only the F-Zero series at this point! ;)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It just seems natural at this point, though. Brawl won't feel complete with all these MOTHER 3 goodies but not Claus. We have Lucas, we have New Pork City, we have Porky's Theme (and presumably Porky himself), and the all-important Franklin Badge--and that's only what we know thus far, and the MOTHER series has had more coverage than only the F-Zero series at this point! ;)
Speaking of F-Zero, does anyone know when Captain Falcon will finally recover from therapy? Also, I think Animal Crossing have the same amount of coverage right now.

T-major

Smash Champion
Speaking of F-Zero, does anyone know when Captain Falcon will finally recover from therapy?
first, he has to admit he has a problem... then, the healing can begin.

Also, I think Animal Crossing have the same amount of coverage right now.
hmm... well, Animal Crossing has an AT, which MOTHER doesn't. but, MOTHER3 has a character, which AC doesn't... I would say that MOTHER wins, because Playable characters outrank AT's...unless you just mean amount of things; then yeah, they're about equal.

also, I know this is off topic and doesn't belong here, but I want to make a new sig to replace my Lucas one, but I'm in a sig slump... can't think of anything... any suggestions? I was thinking something Claus related, but I don't have anything to use for it except the game sprites...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
first, he has to admit he has a problem... then, the healing can begin.
Uhh.....

He and the other surviving vets are in therapy after that tragic bus explosion where Ness sadly died.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
oh... wait... is that some kind of inside joke or something...? or are you just... you know, being random...?
being random for the most part but it explains why vets haven't been put up in over three months.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
being random for the most part but it explains why vets haven't been put up in over three months.
Yes, complete bull **** pulled from your *** is exactly the reason why vets haven't been put in. I'm pretty sure we'll see a newcomer before another Vet.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yes, complete bull **** pulled from your *** is exactly the reason why vets haven't been put in. I'm pretty sure we'll see a newcomer before another Vet.
Hey, I didn't pull it out of my ***. I pulled it out of hammerspace. Besides, can't you have any fun?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Do you guys think other franchises deserve more than 1 rep before Mother 3..., I don't really consider the "Mother series" to be represented in brawl.. just Mother 3 which in my opinion represents a new franchise/game... sorta..

Anyway.. I think that before Mother 3 got another rep.. other franchises like Star Fox, Metroid and Donkey kong should have atleast 3 reps by now... I guess Mother 3 could squeeze in 2 reps.

I wonder how Claus (who will most likely be in brawl) will be implemented.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Starfox has Fox, Falco, and Krystal.
Donkey Kong has DK, Diddy, and King K. Rool.
Metroid will have Samus, Zamus, and Ridley.
Mother should have Lucas, Claus, and Ness(I don't want someone from the original to be dropped).

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
mm... well, Animal Crossing has an AT, which MOTHER doesn't. but, MOTHER3 has a character, which AC doesn't... I would say that MOTHER wins, because Playable characters outrank AT's...unless you just mean amount of things; then yeah, they're about equal.

also, I know this is off topic and doesn't belong here, but I want to make a new sig to replace my Lucas one, but I'm in a sig slump... can't think of anything... any suggestions? I was thinking something Claus related, but I don't have anything to use for it except the game sprites...
Haha, I was kind of just teasing because Captain Falcon STILL hasn't shown up. :chuckle:

And if you were still sticking with Lucas, might I suggest this picture:

I mean, you really can't go wrong with the Rope Snake against a cute little background.

(Hint: I wouldn't mind if you also made a little support icon like the Lucas one I have in my sig...y'know, one that says "Lucas User" and whatnot. ;))

Found these, though, by searching for Claus's name in katakana (and visiting this blog.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think other franchises deserve more than 1 rep before Mother 3..., I don't really consider the "Mother series" to be represented in brawl.. just Mother 3 which in my opinion represents a new franchise/game... sorta..

Anyway.. I think that before Mother 3 got another rep.. other franchises like Star Fox, Metroid and Donkey kong should have atleast 3 reps by now... I guess Mother 3 could squeeze in 2 reps.

I wonder how Claus (who will most likely be in brawl) will be implemented.

Well I think it would be a good way to make up for Ness's dissapearance. Also, I think every series with a wealth of characters will have at least two. By a wealth of characters I mean not games like Ice Climbers (Polar Bear for BRAWL!!!!!1111) or Game and Watch. However series that are still going (Mother was around for a while, although apparently Mother 4 is not gonna happen) and Fzero will probably manage two reps. I dunno about Kid Icarus. I'd personally love to see Eggplant Wizard but I doubt it. The fact DK finally got Diddy even though really his games haven't been mainstream since the 64 seems to suggest to me that series will be getting more than just a character as Falcon did in Smash 64.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
mother is a real anime too?
Nah, while it'd be awesome, a MOTHER anime hasn't been made yet.

This pic:

with it's Eureka 7 artstyle reminds me of this pic with the same artstyle:

I can totally see Duster being voiced by Crispin Freeman.

Also, here's a MOTHER 3 version of the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai opening.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50GUx5VbTXw

Biscut_of_Wrath

Smash Rookie
Hey guys Colenstien here. (It's a long story why I'm on this account)

An anime has a good and bad side.

Good: It would be cool to see the Mother story in a more lively and more connectable. Plus that Duster looks awesome.

Bad: I don't like anime!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRR!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
An Anime would speed up the action sequences, making them more dynamic and cool.. but slow down the overall story, which is why I believe people like Mother 3.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hope you don't mind, but I'm adding the MMPMA banner to my sig. I found a bunch of fanart (really good fanart, too!), posted on the previous page or so. :grin:

Top Bottom