• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
lol sorry guys, I just wanted to mess with vesperview's head lol. No really, I would do like to have Claus on Brawl, the more characters the best.
That's mean, home-slice. Vesperview is one vicious sonuva***** when it comes to Claus.

:laugh: Although that is a good way to screw around with him. Vesper, screw Claus. I want Ness back in as a playable character! <--------- Sarcasm. Dear Lord, Ness's inclusion in Brawl in any form is sarcasm.

Smooth Criminal

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
I really loved the Pokey theme yesterday. I have always associated that song with Claus more than Pokey though. Claus better be playable now, and he better have a good final smash (I'm hoping Sakurai doesn't pull a King Dedede on us and give Claus the Pig Mask army for his final smash). He has so much more potential.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I really loved the Pokey theme yesterday. I have always associated that song with Claus more than Pokey though. Claus better be playable now, and he better have a good final smash (I'm hoping Sakurai doesn't pull a King Dedede on us and give Claus the Pig Mask army for his final smash). He has so much more potential.
Hopefully he will make the right choice.
口論のためのクラウス

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If Claus doesn't have PK Love, this'll make less sense then Locoroco no Uta.

Anyway, there should be clones but not a whole lot.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
watch the Christmas update be...Metroid AT...or........Daisy sticker...
December 25th update:

Hello, Sakurai here once again. We need more time to work on the game, so we are forced to delay Super Smash Bros. Brawl. We are deeply sorry for yet another delay, but Super Smash Bros Brawl will be released in the United States on May 32nd.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Again, I don't see why they're so bad. If anything, they let characters be playable who otherwise wouldn't stand a chance at being playable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Babelfish translation: Claus for quarrelling! :D

and Claus having PK LOVE as his Final smash would be sweet, seeing as his Lightning attack could be made into a special move. I'm just having trouble making it different from Pikachu's thunder...
In Japanese, Brawl is called

大乱闘 スマッシュ ブラザーズ X,

Dairantō Smash Brothers X

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They all stand a chance, if they're clones is because of time constraints, I think they have had enough time to not have clones.
Assuming Brawl has these, how do you explain that? I bet if Claus would've ended up being a clone of Lucas for whatever reason, I bet you'd support clones like me.

Babelfish translation: Claus for quarrelling! :D

and Claus having PK LOVE as his Final smash would be sweet, seeing as his Lightning attack could be made into a special move. I'm just having trouble making it different from Pikachu's thunder...
Let me think:

Side B: Claus strikes the opponent with his sword and then stabs him/her downward with a simultaneous, quick lightning strike.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Great job on this thread Vesper, you put together a great movelist too. Before I signed up here I didn't know much about Mother 3, but now I REALLY want to play it. I also think that (from what I've heard/seen) Claus would make an amazing character in Brawl and fit would right in. He seems like a likely character for the 2nd Mother rep (which the Mother/Earthbound series is in dire need of) since Ness is probably getting the boot (or being made into an alternate costume). Plus that'd be a wonderful way for them to bring all three Mother games to the US (besides just Earthbound). Maybe a DS game with all three of them? I've heard rumors of it but I also heard they were deconfirmed...

vesperview

Smash Hero
Great job on this thread Vesper, you put together a great movelist too. Before I signed up here I didn't know much about Mother 3, but now I REALLY want to play it. I also think that (from what I've heard/seen) Claus would make an amazing character in Brawl and fit would right in. He seems like a likely character for the 2nd Mother rep (which the Mother/Earthbound series is in dire need of) since Ness is probably getting the boot (or being made into an alternate costume). Plus that'd be a wonderful way for them to bring all three Mother games to the US (besides just Earthbound). Maybe a DS game with all three of them? I've heard rumors of it but I also heard they were deconfirmed...
Thanks, a nice thread is needed to garner supporters, specially when is a Japan only character.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
If Ness does return and Claus gets in, I expect to see an event match called "The Mother Three"

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No one is a clone so far and I don't see any way for Claus to be a clone of Lucas, but I see your point.
Well, every character seen was heavily requested and a veteran. Also, all the clones in Melee were unlockable. Assuming Brawl repeats this, your statement may be irrelevant.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Well, every character seen was heavily requested and a veteran. Also, all the clones in Melee were unlockable. Assuming Brawl repeats this, your statement may be irrelevant.
Their won't be clones in Brawl because Sakurai hates them all clones will get new movesets or not return.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Their won't be clones in Brawl because Sakurai hates them all clones will get new movesets or not return.
When did he say he ever hated clones? I want a direct source. All that was said was that all returning characters will have changes to some varying degree.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I think Lucas should have a Claus alt. Now before you think I mean for Claus to simply be an alt of Lucas thats actually not what I mean, what I mean is, if Claus made it in brawl he would likely have his masked outfit on meaning all of his alts would be different colors of the masked boy... but Lucas could have an alt of Claus without his mask before the whole "rebirth" thingy. So it would be like you get both versions... sorta.. just a thought.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think Lucas should have a Claus alt. Now before you think I mean for Claus to simply be an alt of Lucas thats actually not what I mean, what I mean is, if Claus made it in brawl he would likely have his masked outfit on meaning all of his alts would be different colors of the masked boy... but Lucas could have an alt of Claus without his mask before the whole "rebirth" thingy. So it would be like you get both versions... sorta.. just a thought.
That's the generally accepted thing over here. You're not the first to mention this.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
*HAS STOLEN A GIF FROM THE CLAUS THREAD TO SHOW HIS SUPPORT.*

Yeahyuzzz!

And I agree with the Lucas with the Claus recolor thing. Makes a certain amount of sense, considering that if Claus DOES get in the game it'll be in his Masked Man ensemble.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
*Cough* *Cough* So you humans wouldn't make all the same mistakes
again, you erased your memories and tried to create a new world.
Are you complete idiots? No matter how much you revise the rules,
no matter how much you try to grin and bear it, humans are cursed
to do the same bad and stupid things. We strangle ourselves. And
this brings the ruin. If you could just accept my glorious,
heroic filled idea and follow me, you would find happiness. *cough*
Why do you even attempt to live with that tiny brain, pitiful body,
weak spirit, and the floundering and struggle? The time has come to
drop the curtain on your little monkey show. The time has also come
for me to take the power of all power. Everything up to this point
has happened exactly as I have foreseen it. There is no way that I
will not succeed. Hehehee. Ahahahahaahah!
*cough* *cough*Until
now you have been part of a game, and I have allowed you various
triumphs. I was extremely bored and needed a game with a little
thrill to it. My slave...my lifeless son, will remove the final
needle. This will awaken the dragon and the world be as I think
it to be. I'm assuming that when the moment comes you idiots will
all disappear like garbage or dust. Ahaahaha. I'll be a little
lonely, I concede. But if this doesn't happen I will be crushed
under the weight of my own boredom. Got it? This is the sadness
of one who becomes like a god.

I'm sorry, did somebody forget to mention how badass Pokey is as well? I mean, yeah, Claus is pimp and all, but look at the guy he serves. Utterly insane. Pokey's endgame speech in MOTHER 3 is probably one of the coolest that I've ever encountered in a video game. There needs to be more villains like him. Seriously.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
How does he get this mentality in MOTHER 3?
Judging from what I've read/seen, Pokey didn't meet his end in MOTHER 2/Earthbound after the defeat of Giygas (you get a letter from Pokey saying that Ness should try and find him at the end of MOTHER 2/Earthbound). It is ASSUMED that Pokey jumped ahead through time and established himself in a different present in MOTHER 3, becoming a megalomaniacal leader of men. Pokey was never right to begin with; his association with Giygas in MOTHER 2/Earthbound started him down the road towards inhumanity.

Smooth Criminal

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
I still think that Pokey's evolution from a fat, cowardly neighbor-kid into a megalomaniacal leader and a true threat is just one example of why Itoi's storytelling skills are almost unmatched in video games. I mean, really. Giygas may have corrupted the minds of weak-minded people, but the real villian in Mother 2 was Pokey, who was just using Giygas to gain his own power and eventually, eternal life. And in Mother 3, though you see his old, childish personality shine through occasionally, the game never lets you forget that he's incredibly dangerous and has learned a lot about humanity throughout his travels in space and time. Thanks to his experience, he was able to throw the whole "new world" out of peace by introducing shiny new temptations which sent the citizens into a downward spiral of selfishness and disdain for their homes and environment. I mean, did it depress anyone else to see that some of the villagers had actually JOINED the Pigmask Army, after they had burned down their forest and made monsters of their wildlife, especially the once-harmless Dragos, and tore apart an entire family?

....So yeah....Pokey for SSE boss?

Top Bottom