• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The OFFICIAL Bomberman Thread~

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'm not too sure about the idea of mines. I prefer the idea of remote bombs.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
I'm not too sure about the idea of mines. I prefer the idea of remote bombs.
I meant that it would be more like his >B, and not replace his \/B whatsoever. I was just thinking if bomberman is going to be heavy and slow a majority of the time, he needs a good stalling move while running away to prevent severe beatings by fast characters.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I was just thinking if bomberman is going to be heavy and slow a majority of the time, he needs a good stalling move while running away to prevent severe beatings by fast characters.
I don't envisage Bomberman being that slow of a character. I believe he would have a relatively average speed. However, when he does utilise bombs that would naturally slow his speed.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I just assumed that if he was heavy with the three bombs circling around him that he would also be slower the more bombs were out. sorry for the misunderstanding.

RDK

Smash Hero
Sorry, I just assumed that if he was heavy with the three bombs circling around him that he would also be slower the more bombs were out. sorry for the misunderstanding.
Actually, I think Fliptroopa or ClarkJables had an idea like that, where the amount of bombs he has out changes his weight. I kind of liked that idea, actually.

And to answer all the questions about the moveset: I meant to change a few things, mainly B-man being able to still use A-attacks while he has his bombs out. I'll see if I can edit the spriteset and add some things.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Alright. Time for my own idea for a moveset.. Hmm.. What to start with..

A-Button Attacks

A: Right jab- Your standard jab attack.
AA: Right jab- > left jab Standard 1-2 punch
AAA: Right jab- > left jab > uppercut (right hand) 1-2 punch followed by an uppercut which pops the opponent upward slightly (though not by much to do anything too special)

Tilts

Forward tilt: Side kick- Bomberman does a side kick (think of a push kick if you're familiar with martial arts)
Up tilt: Headbutt- A headbutt that attacks above him and in front of him. Knockback goes up if you hit with the top of his head, and diagonal up if you his with his forehead.
Down tilt: Arm Sweep- Bomberman swipes at your feet with his arm/hand. Knockback pops them up a little, then causes them to fall.
Dash attack: Trip punch- Bomberman swings his fist at you, striking hard.. But he trips in the process. Knockback is horizontal and fairly decent. (I know the dash attack isn't a tilt, but why should I make a "Dash Attack" section for one move?)

Special Attacks (B-button moves for the unintelligent)

Neutral B: Bomb- Ever notice how in Bomberman Hero, bombs just kinda appear in his hand? Well ever since Hero I've decided he just has little bombs that he can make big so he can use them effectively, and since he has the ability to make bombs grow (bomb pump anyone?) this can make some sense. Anyway onto the move in Brawl. Bomberman just kinda makes a bomb grow in his hand like he does in Hero. Holding the B-button causes the bomb to grow, and the end results being a bigger explosion causing more knockback and/or damage done. While the bomb is being pumped, Bomberman's movement is slows down, and once the bomb is big enough he can only jump once and not very high. If the B-button is let go of, and pressed again, the bomb gets thrown. (The bomb can also be thrown using the A-button/C-stick as if it were an item)
Side-B: Bomb/item kick- This attack doesn't do much when there isn't a bomb or item in Bomberman's hand. When Bomberman uses this move while holding something, that something becomes a deadly projectile (if It wasn't already). The bomb/item slides along the ground, sending anyone who gets hit by it upward.
Down-B: Mine- The mine sticks itself to the ground like the Motion-sensor Bomb item and acts the same way (Though it's no where near the Motion-sensor Bomb's power). When the move is used in the air, he simple just drops the mine. If it hits anyone on the way down it explodes causing the opponent to just take the damage doing very little knockback (Kind of like Link's Bombs in Melee). The mines are on a timer, and blow up if they sit there for too long.
Up-B: Bomber Copter- Pretty much the only special attack that doesn't involve bombs... Or does it? Yes, the recovery move I have chosen is the Bomber Copter. Out of all of Bomberman's little devices in Bomberman Hero, I noticed this one was used the least. I also thought that Bomberman's Bomber Jet would be too much like Diddy's jet pack thing... Anywho, onto the details. The Bomber Copter lets you fly through the air for a short amount of time. It doesn't cause you to go upward too much, but it has excellent horizontal recovery. The helicopter part does a bit of damage and stun making it difficult for people to attack from above. But to defend his bottom, Bomberman is going to need to use, you guessed it, bombs. These bombs however, are small missiles that just kind of fall and can be release by simply pressing the B-button. They explode three times, causing decent stun and damage, but not too much knockback. (This makes spamming the move not so great, but gives you a bit of defense for people attacking from below.) When this move is used on the ground, Bomberman floats upward a bit as the copter comes out.

Smash Attacks

Forward Smash: Mine Push- A very awkward concept for a move.. Unlike most moves where the damage and knockback come at the same time, or the damage comes first. The knockback on this move comes first, and the damage a few seconds after followed by it's own bit of knockback. Bomberman pushes his opponent causing decent knockback and doing no damage, however while doing so he sticks a mine to his opponent. Once the opponent comes into contact with the ground, the bomb explodes doing a great amount of vertical knockback.
Up Smash: Explosive Uppercut- This idea was taken from RDK's Bomb Uppercut special move. However I'm putting it in the form of a smash attack so it doesn't go as high and it probably hits differently than RDK was thinking. Anywho, onto details. The Explosive uppercut is.. Well an uppercut, with a twist. Bomberman holds a bomb in his hand and uppercuts his opponent. The bomb explodes on contact but it explodes five times, the first for being to rack up damage and the fifth being the kill hit (or sweetspot, if you will). The knockback would go diagonal upward. How far up depends on what part of the explosion hit.
Down Smash: Blam Dunk- I think I win an award for cheesiest attack name. :D Anywho, with this attack Bomberman does a small hop and split in the air and throws a bomb down at the ground. The bomb explodes , though the explosion spreads further and is flatter than his usual explosion. The attack does great horizontal knockback.

Aerials

Forward Air: Drop Kick- Finally a decent working move that doesn't include blowing someone to kingdom come. Just a simple drop kick. Good horizontal knockback, with a bit of lag in the end. (Think of Mario's f-air from SSB64)
Back Air: Spin Toss- Bomberman spins around in the air and lightly tosses a bomb then turns back the way he was facing. The bomb doesn't go far at all, and explodes regardless of whether or not it hits someone. Stronger than his f-air, but a lot more start-up lag and finishing lag. The move can send the opponent horizontal, or diagonal down into a semi-spike depending on what part of the explosion hits.
Up Air: Swat- Another move that doesn't cause explosions. Bomberman simply swats above him doing little vertical knockback.
Down Air: Front flip kick- Bomberman does a front flip and strikes with his heel to spike.

Grabs

When Bomberman grabs he grabs with only one hand, and uses his free hand to attack.
Grab+A- Bomberman strikes the character over the head with his free hand. Plain and simple.
Forward Throw- He just pushes the opponent with both hands.
Back Throw- Bomberman turns around and throws his opponent over his shoulder.
Up Throw- Bomberman uppercuts his opponents stomach.
Down Throw- Bomberman pulls his opponent, and sticks his foot out for them to trip over. The opponent doesn't go too far, but they bounce a bit.

Extras

Taunt 1: Bomberman waves at the crowd with one hand.
Taunt 2: Bomberman takes out a bomb and spins it on his finger. The bomb then explodes leaving him stunned. (His eyes are stars, and he's on one leg. He's also charred from the explosion.. Kinda like a Looney Tumes thing, when something explodes on one of the characters.) He shakes his head and and returns to normal. (No damage done though. That'd just be plain stupid.)
Taunt 3: TBA (I've got nothin' for a third. Anyone have any ideas?)

Final Smash!!!
Super Flaming Bomb Pump!
Yes, the final smash!! Bomberman takes out a red bomb and reveals that it's hooked to an air pump. He places it behind him and puts the pump down. YOU have to tap the A button. The faster you tap the faster Bomberman pumps, and the bigger the bomb gets. You're probably wondering why it's called the "Super Flaming Bomb Pump!" Well thing is, that red bomb isn't any normal bomb. When the pumping starts, so does the fire. The bomb does fire damage to anyone who touches it. It does no knockback what-so-ever, but it does damage as you walk through it. But that's not the part you opponents should be worrying about. They should be praying to God, because that bomb is growing and like Bomberman's normally pumped bombs this bomb's explosion gets bigger and stronger. Once the fuse is down to its end, the bomb explodes (duh). And everyone is blasted beyond that kingdom named come.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Project-05 your moveset is the business purely for the Blam Dunk.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Project-05 your moveset is the business purely for the Blam Dunk.
Haha, thanks. I'll continue it in a bit. I'm starting to wonder if I should take my free time-ness to the next level and draw out what I believe the moves should look like... Because I'm an artist who can't draw for crap latelty and I'm that bored.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Amazing banner RDK! I totally get to be the pirate Bomberman! =P. Anyway, that needs to be a costume for him in Brawl, I'd love it if they incorporated all those!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Project-05 nice moveset. My only concern would be if the Forward Smash : Mine Push would prove to be too laggy.

Taunt 2 is sweet.

RDK

Smash Hero
Anyone have any ideas for his entrance / introduction? He should get dropped onto the battlefield by Sirius.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Project-05 nice moveset. My only concern would be if the Forward Smash : Mine Push would prove to be too laggy.

Taunt 2 is sweet.
Yeah. I was kinda stuck for the f-smash. That was the first thing that came to my mind after thinking for about 10 mins.

Anyone have any ideas for his entrance / introduction? He should get dropped onto the battlefield by Sirius.
Either that, or he could come in riding Louie. Either one works really.

RDK

Smash Hero
Either that, or he could come in riding Louie. Either one works really.
I didn't think of that--that's a good one.

What about if he gets dropped down by his ship from B-man Hero / 2nd Attack? That thing was the t!ts.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Great job. Bomberman for brawl!

Would add ability to kick bombs though.

RDK

Smash Hero
Great job. Bomberman for brawl!

Would add ability to kick bombs though.
Using up a whole B-move for kicking bombs isn't really popular around here. It's just kind of a waste of a B-move. Instead, he just throws them after the bombs are summoned.

Unless you mean Bob-ombs.....

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Using up a whole B-move for kicking bombs isn't really popular around here. It's just kind of a waste of a B-move. Instead, he just throws them after the bombs are summoned.

Unless you mean Bob-ombs.....
I wouldn't say adding a B-move to kick bombs, but just giving bomberman the capability of doing so by simply being close to a bomb and pressing the A button.

RDK

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say adding a B-move to kick bombs, but just giving bomberman the capability of doing so by simply being close to a bomb and pressing the A button.
Don't you think just picking them up would be easier / more effective? I mean it would be kind of hard and unwieldly to kick items at your opponent.....and if they added an auto-aim thing, that would be kind of cheap.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Don't you think just picking them up would be easier / more effective? I mean it would be kind of hard and unwieldly to kick items at your opponent.....and if they added an auto-aim thing, that would be kind of cheap.
Picking bombs up has its advantage, but when you want to unleash an explosive attack as quickly as possible, then kicking one and having it slide along the surface (similar to Ice Climbers B projectile from melee, only with more distance) will do the trick just fine. With your current move list, its possible to have both options available and both of them will have their place in Bomberman's arsenal of tricks. Kicking bombs would not be as difficult as you think. The move shares the same concept as the Ice Climbers projectile, only it travels farther. If you have played Bomberman 64, you'll see that Bomberman is able to kick his bombs with relative ease which enables him to react to a situation in a faster way than simply making a bomb, carrying it, then tossing it at someone.

RDK

Smash Hero
If you have played Bomberman 64
Lol, you can't call yourself a Bomberman fan if you haven't played B64.

I do see what you're saying--it's just hard to imagine it with Brawl physics.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Excuse me, RDK, but I have a question on B-man's ^B. If by "explode on impact" do you mean that once B-man has hit an opponent or destructible object that his upward mobility would instantly end? Or would he continue traveling upward for the predesignated length? Just want some clarification.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
I think Bomb Kicking is essential. It was one of Bomberman's means for defeat back in the day.

It would be a waste if his only side B was simply kickin a bomb, thats why i made it adjustable in my moveset. If hes next to the bomb, he would kick it quickly in that direcition.

I agree with Krystal that it is a much faster (and more fun) way of getting an opponent.
Just think about it, as soon as an opponent is in sight on your floor you hit him from across the field. BOOM!

Classic..

B.W.

Smash Champion
Bomberman not being able to kick bombs is like PB&J without the bread if you ask me. I don't a B move would be wasted at all if one was for kicking bombs, which is why I had included it in my moveset. I don't see him kicking anything with an A button move. Especially since the A button is out you pick items up.

RDK

Smash Hero
Excuse me, RDK, but I have a question on B-man's ^B. If by "explode on impact" do you mean that once B-man has hit an opponent or destructible object that his upward mobility would instantly end? Or would he continue traveling upward for the predesignated length? Just want some clarification.
The upward motion doesn't stop when you hit something--it continues upward, kind of like Marth's up-B. Understand now? ;)

And you guys are right about the bomb kick. I'll add it to the moveset.

RDK

Smash Hero
I don't see him kicking anything with an A button move. Especially since the A button is out you pick items up.
Meh, I just don't like the idea of a B move being set aside specifically for kicking bombs. It seems a bit clunky. I think maybe if he just touches or passes by the bomb, it should act like a kick, and send the bomb forward.

RDK

Smash Hero
Just like in the games. That's the way it should be...
Yeah, exactly.

Also, we were discussing about replacing B-forward with something along the lines of some sort of mine (motion sensor bomb), or a special bomb with a random elemental power that it gains upon being thrown. What do you guys think?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Y'know, there are many other elements from the many Bomberman titles released over the years that could be implemented... such as his various critter buddies like the Rooeys, Pommy, and Charaboms, as well as the vast plethora of trinkets he's made use of in past adventures... We don't want his Special Moves to consist ONLY of explosives, even if he is Bomberman...

RDK

Smash Hero
Y'know, there are many other elements from the many Bomberman titles released over the years that could be implemented... such as his various critter buddies like the Rooeys, Pommy, and Charaboms, as well as the vast plethora of trinkets he's made use of in past adventures... We don't want his Special Moves to consist ONLY of explosives, even if he is Bomberman...
0_o

We've all been over the Karabon thing, and it didn't come out pretty.

However, someone had an idea that Louie the Kangaroo could be an AT, and kick the opponent lightning-fast, and multiple times or something.

Also, the skull / virus would be a cool B-man item for Brawl. In fact, that's probably the best choice for an item representing the franchise. Classic.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Meh, I just don't like the idea of a B move being set aside specifically for kicking bombs. It seems a bit clunky. I think maybe if he just touches or passes by the bomb, it should act like a kick, and send the bomb forward.
I would think that if he were to touch or pass by the bomb it'd be a bit too different. If he could kick bombs by walking by them, and have have four different B moves then it'd be kind of like he has an extra attack. Also that would mean that he'd have to place the bomb on the ground, and I'm quite sure no one wants to have to lay down the bomb since most of the attack with it are going to be through throwing it even if he does have the ability to kick bombs by walking past them.

If he could use the side-B to kick them from his hand then you'd also be able to kick the bomb in the air, and the way the bomb hits could act differently when you kick it so it wouldn't be like normally hitting them with a bomb.

I honestly think the charaboms were a step in the wrong direction. To me it's like someone said "Hey guys, Pokemon and Digimon are popular! And everyone likes Bomberman. Can we combine those?!"

Also, why should he not have all of his special moves based on explosives? I mean all of Sonic's special moves are different variations of the spin dash except for his up-B.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't be an extra attack... the regular bomb toss or whatever would probably not be very useful normally but with the extra possibility of running into it to send it towards something, then it gains it's advantage again. I don't think he should be able to carry his bombs like Link though - either he's in the process of chunking it or it's somewhere out in play, that's how I see it anyway.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Heh... I looks like my mere mentioning of the Charaboms hasn't went over very well... It wasn't so much suggesting they be featured as I was suggesting that there are many elements from Bomberman's many games that could be utilized - not only as items/ATs but incorporated into his moveset in addition to the obligatory use of high explosives. You have to admit though that Bomberman Max/Tournament >>>>>>>>>>>>> MegaMan.EXE/Star Pharce as far as Pokemon/Digimon imitators went... (In fact, I actually LIKED Max/Tournament...)

RDK

Smash Hero
Heh... I looks like my mere mentioning of the Charaboms hasn't went over very well... It wasn't so much suggesting they be featured as I was suggesting that there are many elements from Bomberman's many games that could be utilized - not only as items/ATs but incorporated into his moveset in addition to the obligatory use of high explosives. You have to admit though that Bomberman Max/Tournament >>>>>>>>>>>>> MegaMan.EXE/Star Pharce as far as Pokemon/Digimon imitators went... (In fact, I actually LIKED Max/Tournament...)
Tournament was a great B-man game--I don't see why anyone would dislike it. It had great multiplayer, and the Karabons weren't too annoying--in fact, they were almost cool. But once you start getting to games like Jetters or Generation, you want to strangle the people that wrote for those games. >_<

B.W.

Smash Champion
I do agree.. Though I never played Bomberman Max, I did enjoy Tournament... Though the only part I really didn't like in Bomberman Tournament was the whole charabom fights. They were fun at first, but they got boring fast. And I don't recall Megaman.EXE imitating Pokemon/Digimon. Unless you meant the netnavi's. I only ever played Megaman Battle Network 1 and 2.

The only charabom I like is Pommy, but I only liked him in Bomberman 64: The Second Attack, and that was before he was a charabom.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Hmm, did anyone bring up the elemental bombs from B64: The Second Attack? Or maybe his Guardian Armor...Maybe a few of those can be implemented?

Top Bottom