• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The official "Ask Your Questions" thread

Max?

Smash Champion
It's not a frame trap. It's just a mix up that relies on your opponent DIing in and having zero experience vs. DK/being intoxicated

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah I agree, it's kind of like Ken Combo. It actually never works and your opponents are bad if they fall victim to it.
Or like people DIing Falcon's uair forever until they get kneed, instead of just DIing away and not getting hit more than twice.

Max?

Smash Champion
The worst is when Falcon uair's you a few times while you're holding in and then you're like "alright I'm a *******, time to DI away so I don't get uaired again" and then you get kneed and die

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not sure. Even if so, I would rather just full jump cargo u-throw -> DJ Giant Punch in that case since it's guaranteed rather than just "I get a fair or giant punch if I react correctly". The main point of that was that he wasn't high enough % to where cargo uthrow fair would kill him, so I needed to get him near the blastzone when I hit him with the fair. Even if he had DI'd out he would have been offstage against my DK, which is USUALLY game at that %.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
LOL. Why don't you just try this stuff out yourself? Yes, you can SH during cargo hold.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
someone go win some tourneys with DK..i realized I felt like something was missing in the tourney scene lately, and i think it's variety of characters...it's been so long since I saw a DK in winner's, loser's or grand finals for a tourney...

who are the top DKs right now?

where is the champion of the apes, lord BUM?

crush

Smash Master
im a beast DK, ask me all your question s people!
if yall want prouf play me at as mash tronament near you!! im have been sick for 8 years but that does not no not doesnt mean i can t play super smashb rotheers!

tl;dr: so i am realy amazing really with Donyke Kong so yall have questinons just ask me ;) kk?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
someone go win some tourneys with DK..i realized I felt like something was missing in the tourney scene lately, and i think it's variety of characters...it's been so long since I saw a DK in winner's, loser's or grand finals for a tourney...

who are the top DKs right now?

where is the champion of the apes, lord BUM?
I've been winning/getting top 3 fairly consistently in tourneys here in Missouri. Phish-it does well in NY. Mexican/Pkm Vodka both quit for the most part, and RockCrock usually uses Ganondorf. Nedech does work in Sweden.

SMYM 13 this weekend, my goal is 17th or better.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so i can watch you crush some foxes? i just want to remember the old glory days of bum, but i rarely see matches in tourney with dks vs spacies anymore

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
But if DK can do well against anyone it's the spacies. Although you have to be practically perfect.
edit: If anyone can do well against the spacies it's DK..

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If you want someone that can 0-death spacies on FD then pick Marth. Use DK if you want to use DK for using DK reasons.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
Aside from: He's awesome, doesn't afraid etc. I like spacing bairs, charging punches, and cargo throwing people are there any other DK reasons?

Bing

Smash Master
Just saying, I need to learn some more about DK... wouldnt mind being able to break it out and actually know what im doing. Mind you, mine is OKAY.
I can do the basic DK combos... I just suck at recovering... and not getting death combo'd

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I feel like DK's recovery is actually one of his good traits. He's one of the few chars that can transition somewhat well between recovering high and recovering low. The arm invinicibility + the knockback + the lagless landing all help quite a bit. I actually have one question about his upB. Since he spins, can he grab the ledge backwards? I've never tried it, cuz I never really thought about it 'till now. I know all the other spinning chars can...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i lost to j00t in bracket at SMYM 13. that fair... it's time to do some work in the lab for that MU

Max?

Smash Champion
I play vs. a Game and Watch main a lot. I find DK has a hard time in that matchup. By comparison, the Mario's **** him mercilessly even if GnW has port priority.

Further proof that DK is ***

phish-it

Smash Champion
People main game and watch? Now thats awesome.

He definitely has more trouble vs DK than vice versa. My favorite thing to do would be to d-air him through his shield and then charge an upsmash.

j00t

Smash Champion
G&W vs DK is probably 70-30 or worse

@phish-it: Good luck forcing G&W in his shield (G&W never shields anyways). DK's ground and air options are so sad it's hilarious.

Max?

Smash Champion
I would trust Phish here since he's a monster and all.

Yeah Adam, people main GnW LOL. My friend Joey (good friends with PC) has played him since Day 1, and while he never/rarely goes to tournament, he's a secret boss and has been playing this game forever.

Doc ***** GnW so mercilessly hard

j00t

Smash Champion
Yeah, I used to think G&W was good against Mario since I beat Green Mario a long *** time ago, but I've been having trouble with both matchups since.

j00t

Smash Champion
Marth ***** DK too, and GnW ***** DK in a similar fashion. Taking advantage of DK's poor approach and defensive options with fast, long-ranged moves.

Top Bottom