• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ashley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If so...she will be the first AT to have a song about her. :urg:
That would be soo messed up if she became an AT or not playable(meaning trophy or sticker). Wario has a lot of themes himself so Ashley's theme is too lucky to be just a reguler song.

RDK

Smash Hero
That would be soo messed up if she became an AT or not playable(meaning trophy or sticker). Wario has a lot of themes himself so Ashley's theme is too lucky to be just a reguler song.
Uh, no it wouldn't be messed up. It would be the right thing for Sakurai to do. To think that she'd get in over tons of other more deserving characters who are literally veterans in the gaming world would be ludicrous.

"Of course, there is no X stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl
What's your point? There's no Ashley stage either.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Uh, no it wouldn't be messed up. It would be the right thing for Sakurai to do. To think that she'd get in over tons of other more deserving characters who are literally veterans in the gaming world would be ludicrous.

that's your opinion ;) BTW remember Roy? he was in Melee despite being non-existant.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
What's your point? There's no Ashley stage either.
I wasn't talking about the stage.
I meant that using the X song as an argument doesn't make sense.

See, there is no way that an X character or stage can get in.
The icon used to represent the song is a Smash icon.

However, there is a chance for another WarioWare (or Metroid for that matter) character to get in because both series are clearly being represented.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
that's your opinion ;) BTW remember Roy? he was in Melee despite being non-existant.
That might have to do with the fact that FE6 was originally in development for the N64 but sadly canceled then revived as a GBA project, not unlike Mother 3. Also, the GBA Fire Emblem was originally set to be released in 2001, shortly before Melee was to be released, but was eventually delayed into early 2002... It is interesting how Roy in Melee more closely resembles his look in Maiden of the Darkness (FE6's working title) than he did in Sword of Seals (FE6's release title).

y3nia659

Smash Ace
That might have to do with the fact that FE6 was originally in development for the N64 but sadly canceled then revived as a GBA project, not unlike Mother 3. Also, the GBA Fire Emblem was originally set to be released in 2001, shortly before Melee was to be released, but was eventually delayed into early 2002...
he would still be a rookie compared to the so called "veteran game icons"

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
When are you guys going to learn that Brawl is by far different from Melee?
lol, so every character is diffrent. Evey item is diffrent. You could had said not the same, but far from Melee?! As far as what I hear, some of the same rules apply.

Stage themes, Game title themes, Battle themes, and Character themes are really diffrent and not the same thing.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
Lots of people seem to believe the reason for Roy's inclusion was for advertisement.
I don't know how true that statement is though...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I wasn't talking about the stage.
I meant that using the X song as an argument doesn't make sense.

See, there is no way that an X character or stage can get in.
The icon used to represent the song is a Smash icon.

However, there is a chance for another WarioWare (or Metroid for that matter) character to get in because both series are clearly being represented.
There is still a song from X featured nonetheless. Have you ever considered that Sakurai made sure to note "Of course, there is no X stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl" to avoid the confusion the Ashley Theme caused? :laugh:

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
This is pure nonsense, but for some reason I think that Waluigi being deconfirmed increases the chances for Ashely to be the (a) second Wario representative.

Because we all think that if there is one, there will only BE one more who gets the Wario icon.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Then why use things from Melee in your argument. The only valid thing I can think of to use as an argument that refers to Melee, is the Lucas replacement argument.
I have to agree with you here, as far as now nobody knows what really affects characters to be in or not :urg:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
There is still a song from X featured nonetheless. Have you ever considered that Sakurai made sure to note "Of course, there is no X stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl" to avoid the confusion the Ashley Theme caused? :laugh:
Yeah like he didn't have every opportunity to clear up that "confusion".

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
This is pure nonsense, but for some reason I think that Waluigi being deconfirmed increases the chances for Ashely to be the (a) second Wario representative.

Because we all think that if there is one, there will only BE one more who gets the Wario icon.
Since when would Waluigi be a Wario representative, considering that he has yet to appear in a Wario game?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Meta Knights Revenge, one of many themes that was not just picked out of the blue. Ashley's theme, also not one of the many themes that was picked out of the blue. Besides, you can only play X in stages like Battlefield. Oh did I just mention that Wario as a character has a lot of themes.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
"Of course, there is no X stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but this time, the songs in Smash Bros. aren’t limited only to those series represented by characters and stages. We’ve pulled some that are from completely unrelated games."

He's clearing up how songs from series not being represented might be in the game.
It was the same case in Melee with the Mach Rider and Balloon Fighter theme.
Neither series were truly represented.

You can't say the same for Ashley and Ridley's themes.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
"Of course, there is no X stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but this time, the songs in Smash Bros. aren’t limited only to those series represented by characters and stages. We’ve pulled some that are from completely unrelated games."

He's clearing up how songs from series not being represented might be in the game.

That doesn't mean she has to become a PC.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Has it ever occurred to anyone that Sakurai simply liked Ashley's theme not actually like Ashley herself? Not to mention we don't know if any other Warioware characters have their theme in brawl either.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
That doesn't mean she has to become a PC.
It means, why not make her playable.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that Sakurai simply liked Ashley's theme not actually like Ashley herself? Not to mention we don't know if any other Warioware characters have their theme in brawl either.
Didn't you not read my post? Wairo as charcter has many themes that he can put in Brawl. Don't say he will pick Warioware characters theme out of the blue.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
Idk F-zero needs other reps too and yoshi so warioware series is in the same boat as them.
I always thought it would be nice for each series to have at least two reps. (excluding series that can't obviously have a second rep i.e. Ice Climbers, Kid Icarus)

I always imagined Kamek as the second Yoshi rep and Black Shadow as the second F-zero rep.

Sorry, for the off topic post. :)
Back to Ashley.

Joecool

Smash Journeyman
I always thought it would be nice for each series to have at least two reps. (excluding series that can't obviously have a second rep i.e. Ice Climbers, Kid Icarus)

I always imagined Kamek as the second Yoshi rep and Black Shadow as the second F-zero rep.

Sorry, for the off topic post. :)
Back to Ashley.
Those would be good second rep choices but with warioware theres many, mona, ashley, etc

Aamon

Smash Cadet
That might be true, but we really have no idea how Sakurai's twisted little mind works. :dizzy:
I mean, Dr. Mario was included in Melee just because he liked his music.
We just have to wait and see.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
It means, why not make her playable.

Didn't you not read my post? Wairo as charcter has many themes that he can put in Brawl. Don't say he will pick Warioware characters theme out of the blue.
Why not? Considering there's a lot more deserving characters out there, why not make her AT?
That might be true, but we really have no idea how Sakurai's twisted little mind works. :dizzy:
I mean, Dr. Mario was included in Melee just because he liked his music.
We just have to wait and see.
That's Melee, not Brawl.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Since when would Waluigi be a Wario representative, considering that he has yet to appear in a Wario game?
I'm going to answer your question with 2 very stupid answers:

"just beacuse..."

i'm going to attempt stupid logic and say "they both had the Wario symbol on the car they shared in MarioKart Double Dash."

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion

Still, music doesn't prove anything. Ashley's theme could be just one of the many songs available for the Warioware stage. You do remember the My Music update, don't you?

RDK

Smash Hero

^ FonFabre wins by technical knock-out.

Whoever said Ashley is important enough to be the 2nd rep? Jimmy-T or 9-Volt would be tons better.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
Those would be good second rep choices but with warioware theres many, mona, ashley, etc
These seem to be the most realistic choices for a second WarioWare rep.

9-volt (he was in Sakurai's poll...I think)

Mona (she might be seen as Wario's Peach)

Ashley (her song was remixed and she is aledgely popular in Japan)

The other characters have less chances, but you can never rule them out.
Obviously, I want Ashley the most.

Joecool

Smash Journeyman
What seprate Ashley and I'll say mona too is that their females. That alone makes them the top 2 contenders from the series to get the PC spot, the other maybe an AT.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Joecool truly is the worst Ashley fan ever, he has terrible arguments, terrible logic and is completely biased towards Ashley, please realize her chances are not good, never were and that there are by far better WarioWare reps and characters out there, most people who like Ashley haven't even played WarioWare I imagine.

Joecool

Smash Journeyman
My reason is that alot of ppl are writing her off becasue she isnt that popualar when alot of other characters have made into that game when their not popular either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom