• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ashley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joecool

Smash Journeyman
Keep on dreaming, Waluigi is far more popular and important than Ashley, despite being a filler, if anything it deconfirms Ashley because it proves Sakurai is not adding minor ridiculous characters like Ashley as playables.
Thats funny. Seeing how waluigi is a filler character in the mario series. His first game was a tennis game:laugh:. and that is incorporated in his moves on ssbb.
Ashley isnt a filler character, and is more popular than waluigi. I think she had her own game or 2 dont quote me on that

Mogrika

Smash Apprentice
Thats funny. Seeing how waluigi is a filler character in the mario series. His first game was a tennis game:laugh:. and that is incorporated in his moves on ssbb.
Ashley isnt a filler character, and is more popular than waluigi. I think she had her own game or 2 dont quote me on that
Waluigi is more popular and Ashley doesn't have a game of her own, you might as well just stop giving her so much credit, she's just a stupid witch with ridiculous 2 minute appearances, she might as well be a filler with how minor her role is, she won't be in Brawl, get over it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the creator of Waluigi put more thought into character design, however.

Joecool

Smash Journeyman
No your a hater whose upset his lame waluigi didnt make the cut. Bral already has acomic relief we dont need 2. Waluigi doesnt add anything significant to the roster of charcaters other than being a filler, which was why he was created. If was on it, he would only take up a spot another character deserves. And mark my words Ashley will be in brawl as a PC.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
No you quit thinking she doesnt have a chance in brawl. With lame waluigi and stafy out, her chances of making the final cut increased.
Only in the sense that there are less characters vying for playable slots, so every possible character's chances have increased. In that sense, the amount her chances have increased are negligible.

RDK

Smash Hero
Ashley more popular than Waluigi? Not by a long shot.

I hate Waluigi, but you need to get your facts straight. Waluigi's fanbase is way bigger than Ashley's.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
well for once Ashley contributes to Wario Ware games, rather than just cameo in it (Waluigi), and Waluigi's importance in the Mario section unfortunatly is small as he would have had a longer list to get in before (like all the Mario characters who played roles) so his fanbase really was all he had, which didn't mean much.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Wow, you people actually believe Ashley is more popular than Waluigi? Please, NO ONE knew who she was before the song, the only things you've provided as evidence of her so called popularity is a song and a stupid mention on a japanese site, gimme a break.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Wow, you people actually believe Ashley is more popular than Waluigi? Please, NO ONE knew who she was before the song, the only things you've provided as evidence of her so called popularity is a song and a stupid mention on a japanese site, gimme a break.
:urg: does it really matter who is more popular? It's not like Sakurai will change his mind and make Waluigi playable.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
QFT. Waluigi has not affected Ashley's chances for Brawl in any way in my opinion.

RDK

Smash Hero
How did you back up your claim? You made a declarative statement with no actual evidence to back it up. :rolleyes:
Look at the sales of Mario games with Waluigi in them compared to the Warioware games that include Ashley in them. A lot more people know about Waluigi than Ashley. He's been around longer, and his fanbase is bigger. SWF is a clear reminder of this.

As much as I hate Waluigi, I just can't stand the thought of Ashley getting in as a PC over him.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Says a Mike Jones supporter :rolleyes:
There's a difference between supporting a character, one I actually know doesn't have much of a chance, and being deluded into thinking a character will actually be in the game based on nothing but a mere music update.

Mike jones is the guy from star tropics right=?

see what i mean?. A lot of hypocrisy in the forums lately.. how can this guy come here and say all this verbal garbage, when he supports mike jones?.

Geeez.
What hypocrisy? Again I'm not deluded into thinking the character is a shoe-in. Have you ever considered that maybe - just maybe - Ashley ranks a little lower on the priority list than other Warioware characters, namely Mona and Jimmy T.?

I dont think he supporters him as a character that is likely to get into brawl, or the fact that he deserves to be in brawl (If he did I would likely know about him) Which, seems to be the case here.
You're right about the first point, but I do think that he does merit a spot on the Brawl roster, if only by a little. Star Tropics is after all the best known Nintendo series that's exclusive to the West...

Yeah, like Marina Liteyears will ever make it in over Ashley. This guy is a joke.
You've clearly never even been to my thread. I've made it clear SEVERAL times that she doesn't really stand a chance at being in Brawl, but she'd be a great inclusion nonetheless - much better than your worthless loli-candy Ashley...

Mike Jones was an American Only game star, plus he could serve as one of the few obscure retro characters or a WTF! character. Ashley's not retro, not American only, and very obscure(hasn't even had relevance to a single game).
QFT.

or Mike Jones the rapper, just to add.
You and that wannabe rapper can just go to hell for all I care...

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Look at the sales of Mario games with Waluigi in them compared to the Warioware games that include Ashley in them. A lot more people know about Waluigi than Ashley. He's been around longer, and his fanbase is bigger. SWF is a clear reminder of this.

As much as I hate Waluigi, I just can't stand the thought of Ashley getting in as a PC over him.
I don't think the sales are becuase of him :ohwell:. Of course a lot of people know Waluigi, and unfortunatly he is internationally very hated too. So what does Waluigi have to do with Ashley? He's a Mario character, she's a Wario character. Get it?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Ashley more popular than Waluigi? Not by a long shot.

I hate Waluigi, but you need to get your facts straight. Waluigi's fanbase is way bigger than Ashley's.

I couldn't agreewith you more. In my view the Waluigi AT confirmation deconfirms Ashley as a PC. Argue if you want to waste your time.....
If any of you are celebratin and thinking this betters Ashley's chances as a PC then you betta think again.

Joecool

Smash Journeyman
Thank you!! A that's dumb for someone to say Waluigi is popular worldwide, because the japanese hate that character.He only has support in the U.S

RDK

Smash Hero
I don't think the sales are becuase of him :ohwell:. Of course a lot of people know Waluigi, and unfortunatly he is internationally very hated too. So what does Waluigi have to do with Ashley? He's a Mario character, she's a Wario character. Get it?
Um, I was making a point about how Waluigi is known hella a lot more than Ashley. The fact that her games sell poorly and nobody really knows about her doesn't help that much.

And the sales of the WarioWare games are because of Ashley? Hahaha!
Beat me to the punch. X_X

Thank you!! A that's dumb for someone to say Waluigi is popular worldwide, because the japanese hate that character.He only has support in the U.S
Do you live in Japan? Didn't think so. So don't make stupid generalizations based on nothing. You have no idea who people like and don't like in Japan.

And Deathborne for the K.O. Woot!

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Um, I was making a point about how Waluigi is known hella a lot more than Ashley. The fact that her games sell poorly and nobody really knows about her doesn't help that much.
:chuckle: it doesn't matter does it? Sakurai has attention on her, she has her own song...at least thats something. Of course he is more well known, but he is also more well hated.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
The fact of the matter is that Waluigi is one of the most unpopular and sometimes even hated Mario character. Even more so than Petey Piranha and Bowser Jr.

But, this has nothing to do with lowering or raising Ashley's chances for Brawl.
Waluigi is a Mario character, not a Wario character.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
The fact of the matter is that Waluigi is one of the most unpopular and sometimes even hated Mario character. Even more so than Petey Piranha and Bowser Jr.

But, this has nothing to do with lowering or raising Ashley's chances for Brawl.
Waluigi is a Mario character, not a Wario character.
I agree with you

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
yep that's awesome;)
Will the bats have other effects or will it just home on to people?

Too bad, I got money for her to be playable. :chuckle:

But, this has nothing to do with lowering or raising Ashley's chances for Brawl.Waluigi is a Mario character, not a Wario character.
It finally end those ruomers about Waluigi being a Wario character. If Kat & Ana or Mike got AT, then that will boost Ashley's chances.

RDK

Smash Hero
:chuckle: it doesn't matter does it? Sakurai has attention on her, she has her own song...at least thats something. Of course he is more well known, but he is also more well hated.
Her own song means nothing, to be honest. The X game got a song, but do you honestly think the spaceship from X is going to be a PC?

And Joecool, I can't even understand what you're trying to say, so I'm going to ignore your posts from now on.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Will the bats have other effects or will it just home on to people?

Too bad, I got money for her to be playable. :chuckle:

I finally end those ruomers about Waluigi being a Wario character. If Kat & Ana or Mike got AT, then that will boost Ashley's chances.
Yeah...but not a whole lot.

Mona may be Ashley's biggest threat for the PC spot. I don't even think that most of the Wario Ware crew will be blessed with AT appearances. Many of them may end up being regular trophies and stickers.....hopefully Ashley isn't one of them.

If so...she will be the first AT to have a song about her. :urg:

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Her own song means nothing, to be honest. The X game got a song, but do you honestly think the spaceship from X is going to be a PC?

And Joecool, I can't even understand what you're trying to say, so I'm going to ignore your posts from now on.
it's a song for her only, but I can see where you're going. ;) Her song is just proof that at least Sakurai is considering her into the game somehow, unlike you said no one would consider her. :confused:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Sakurai loved Dr. Mario's tune and put him in Melee for that very reason, so you never know.

Aamon

Smash Cadet

"Of course, there is no X stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but this time, the songs in Smash Bros. aren’t limited only to those series represented by characters and stages. We’ve pulled some that are from completely unrelated games."

I think Sakurai meant that we shouldn't expect the X series to be represented. Notice the icon for the X song. It's a generic Smash icon.

In Ashley's (and Ridley's too for that matter) case, both of their series are already being represented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom