• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ashley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's thought that, because it's the truth.
Not quite. The original support thread by Neko Godbot was made three weeks before the update. I think that there were supporters before then. People began to realize her possibilities as a playable character and what not on the update.

Besides, she'd be surprising since not a whole lot see her coming in. Not to mention that Sakurai once stated that a popular character-only roster didn't appeal to him.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Beats me, I think RDK brought him up.

Why? Because I respond to RDK? I never flamed anyone in here that hasn't provoked me- for example, you.
My question regarding a character provoked flaming? Doesn't take much to set you off and I can guarantee that as long as you continue this "provoked" flaming, you will be prepping a third alternate account. It doesn't matter to me if you respond to RDK. You could be his next door neighbor for all I care. If you troll, and troll often, then you shall be considered a troll. Its not rocket science.

How do you know?
I visited the thread and I know for a fact its filled to the brim with spam. I could rip some quotes from that hideous parody thread, but I don't want to be responsible for lowering the IQ of everyone here by showing that sort of junk.

Says "Person who trolled about Geno and the X Thread".
You can say I trolled every thread on SWF, but that still won't erase your mistakes nor will it justify all of the flaming and trolling you have been doing.

On Ashley:

My biggest fear would be Ashley handling like melee Zelda. I think she would be a hair faster than that and a little easier to maneuver. Ashley might end up having a good bit of lag time when she casts spells....

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
do you know who would make a great character? Other than Ashley that is....

Anyone else
Of course, Ashley tried to make it in to brawl but there was an elephant in the way. Ridley ate the elephant

§leepy God

Smash Master
My biggest fear would be Ashley handling like melee Zelda. I think she would be a hair faster than that and a little easier to maneuver. Ashley might end up having a good bit of lag time when she casts spells....
I'd say, as long as she is not as slow as Zelda then she should have a magic spell move set.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
My question regarding a character provoked flaming? Doesn't take much to set you off and I can guarantee that as long as you continue this "provoked" flaming, you will be prepping a third alternate account. It doesn't matter to me if you respond to RDK. You could be his next door neighbor for all I care. If you troll, and troll often, then you shall be considered a troll. Its not rocket science.

I visited the thread and I know for a fact its filled to the brim with spam. I could rip some quotes from that hideous parody thread, but I don't want to be responsible for lowering the IQ of everyone here by showing that sort of junk.

You can say I trolled every thread on SWF, but that still won't erase your mistakes nor will it justify all of the flaming and trolling you have been doing.

On Ashley:

You said an anti Geno remark the instant I posted on this thrad. It's a wonder you havn't been banned yet, the only people who like you are Ashley Members and Mog Squad people. Everyone else despises you, and if you like I could ask everyone at P2W to tell how much they hate you.

Hah, I could care less.

Don't dare brush asides your trolling, we all know of it. Besides, I never trolled this topic. I merely flamed you for provoking me.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"Not quite. The original support thread by Neko Godbot was made three weeks before the update. I think that there were supporters before then."

Yeah, less than 10.

" People began to realize her possibilities as a playable character and what not on the update."

Uuuuh... what possibilities?

"Not to mention that Sakurai once stated that a popular character-only roster didn't appeal to him."

That doesn't mean he has to add obscure characters that no one knows.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
yea her spells could be laggy like the peach float mechanic, but hopefully they should be able to come out fast
As long as she has Red turn into her weapons as her special, then it won't be so slow. But yet, I wonder how she would fly with her broom, straight, or zig zaggy?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Lets stay on topic. No matter what, just stay on topic.

Edit: Ashley's up B should have either a broom or blasting the ground to fly.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
If they were going to add obscure characters wouldn't they choose good ones like Takamaru or something rather than crap generic characters that were originally created as padding for their series?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
"Not to mention that Sakurai once stated that a popular character-only roster didn't appeal to him."

That doesn't mean he has to add obscure characters that no one knows.
Isn't that what a not so popular character is?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
To me the guys who made Warioware were like "Ok we want a haunted them minigame set and because every minigame set needs a mascot we will have to make some generic character to fill that spot."

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
To me the guys who made Warioware were like "Ok we want a haunted them minigame set and because every minigame set needs a mascot we will have to make some generic character to fill that spot."
By this logic, the people who made Wario in the first place just wanted an evil Mario doppelganger (which is probably true), and somehow Wario doesn't deserve a spot as a result. The reasons the character was created are completely irrelevant.

Ashley isn't that obscure. To you, maybe, if you haven't played the games. But she's obviously not obscure to the Japanese, who (amazingly enough) exist.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Lol, i have to admit it,,, the megatron comic was pure genius.... but......... ok i can understand your hate toward ashley (well no i really dont :p ).... but for Micaiah??¿?¿ man that was a pure fail move.. fail fail fail to no limits.

And whats with the music deal?.. We all know this thread gained powar because of the music update! thats no secret. Getting mad over it is like.... stupid? . We all know music updates alone wont do, but since she is from wario franchise... and wario is already in.... it doesnt matter what you think...she has REAL chances (like jimmy t and mona and 9 volt)...and i know that this little detail is always going in and out of your sensible butts. But cry no more fellas, we will soon now.

And about ashley being unoriginal?. pfft i could care less... it doesnt change a thing. Besides, which character out there has a morphing pal to fight alongside? no one.

Sorry guys, but even with all your whinning....still i have not seen a convincing theory of why she CANNOT be in the game.

So continue using your vaseline pots and see ya ;)

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur

well lets "pretent" that what you say is true....
still she shoudnt be in because of this?...or she CANNOT be in because of this?.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
By this logic, the people who made Wario in the first place just wanted an evil Mario doppelganger (which is probably true), and somehow Wario doesn't deserve a spot as a result. The reasons the character was created are completely irrelevant.

Ashley isn't that obscure. To you, maybe, if you haven't played the games. But she's obviously not obscure to the Japanese, who (amazingly enough) exist.
Wario was generic when he was created and still is to an extent but at least he has been around long enough (and in enough games) where they have been able to flesh him out as a character unlike Ashley. Yes it's a shame that Nintendo has so many generic characters when there are so many good ones deserving spots. Ashley was nothing more then a means to an end and the only reason her thread is more popular here is because of her music update.

Oh and for the record I've played through a few of the Warioware games.

still she shoudnt be in because of this?
Amongst other reasons, yes.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Wario was generic when he was created and still is to an extent but at least he has been around long enough (and in enough games) where they have been able to flesh him out as a character unlike Ashley. Yes it's a shame that Nintendo has so many generic characters when there are so many good ones deserving spots. Ashley was nothing more then a means to an end and the only reason her thread is more popular here is because of her music update.

Oh and for the record I've played through a few of the Warioware games.

Amongst other reasons, yes.

But who cares about thread popularity? this is one of the reasons why these forums are a mess nowadays.

Just take in consideration what the character will add to the franchise. All those other concerns doesnt matter much . Mon,a jimmt T, and the others will add more flavor than ashley as a playable fighter?,, i highly doubt that.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
But who cares about thread popularity? this is one of the reasons why these are are a mess nowadays.

Just take in consideration what the character will add to the franchise. All those other concerns matter little when developers . Mon,a jimmt T, and the others will add more flavor than ashley as a playable fighter?,, i highly doubt that.
Love your tounge.

Yea, she should shoot the ground with her wond and fly. I don't know what kind of magic she would have though.
Fire should shoot from her wond to the ground.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
But who cares about thread popularity? this is one of the reasons why these forums are a mess nowadays.

Just take in consideration what the character will add to the franchise. All those other concerns doesnt matter much . Mon,a jimmt T, and the others will add more flavor than ashley as a playable fighter?,, i highly doubt that.
..I don't really know what you're aiming for from this comment.

Mona is Wario's love interest, and has appeared in all 5 games with actual relevance to the games she's in. Ashley appeared in 2, as a filler character.

Filler character doesn't sound like it fills the requirements for flavor, does it? Well, it's true. Besides, how could a cliche like Jimmy T. NOT be more flavorful?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ashley's a badass girl that takes orders from no one. She also make's soup anything she wants. She's basicly unstoppable. That's why she's so populer to the Warioware fans.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who wants the first post changed is going to have to PM me, I refuse to even look through this thread anymore, I swear, my IQ goes down every time I go into here. That is all, good bye everyone.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Anyone who wants the first post changed is going to have to PM me, I refuse to even look through this thread anymore, I swear, my IQ goes down every time I go into here. That is all, good bye everyone.
Ok, I will do the honers for you. I wish it wasn't like this. :urg:

§leepy God

Smash Master
Ashley's a badass girl that takes orders from no one. She also make's soup anything she wants. She's basicly unstoppable. That's why she's so populer to the Warioware fans.
That was powerful. To powerful.

We will protect this thread with our lives. And we will P.M. you when needed.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Sorry about the mess we've made. Also sorry we have people that don't like our supporters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sorry about the mess we've made. Also sorry we have people that don't like our supporters.
In the least, I WOULD have supported your support if I felt it was real, and not just a fad.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I feel the same way as you friend, I might stop postingin this thread myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom