• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
I'm on my waaaay. ^__^
If I can join that is, since it keeps kicking me out.
Guess I can't be Marth, huh? Oh well, suck at him anyway!
Sorry to be such a sorry teammate Matsu!

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Well, I think I've filled my uselessness quota for today. GGs. I love Zatchy-senpai's playstyle - it screams, "I'll play the neutral as long as I goddamn want. I don't even need to try to KO you!".

Also, double Sonic too OP.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Fun teams guys. I found it amusing how FB and I went double Sonic, double PT, and a few other funny combinations completely unplanned.

And I enjoyed the singles we played earlier, Matsu. Your Peach still has dat booti. "NEVER AGAIN." <3

Hallo Love

Smash Rookie
Fun teams guys. I found it amusing how FB and I went double Sonic, double PT, and a few other funny combinations completely unplanned.

And I enjoyed the singles we played earlier, Matsu. Your Peach still has dat booti. "NEVER AGAIN." <3
Hallo creeper. U no talky. Me no happy.

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games everyone! Those matches were sooo much fun! ^^ Pretty sure those 2 Sonics caused a rise in my blood pressure, lol! Just kidding.
Guess I can't be Marth, huh? Oh well, suck at him anyway!
Sorry to be such a sorry teammate Matsu!
You weren't a crappy teammate, lol! You did really well, I kept accidentally hitting you aaah. I apologize for that, haha. ^^
Those singles were awesome! Haven't played Brawl at a high level ever since Nintendo Wi-Fi shut down, so I needed to clean off that rust. ^^ And thank you! Your Ike's sword is lookin' good as usual. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
You weren't a crappy teammate, lol! You did really well, I kept accidentally hitting you aaah. I apologize for that, haha. ^^

I have a thing for Marth. LOL! Hit me anytime. ;)

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Good games everyone! Those matches were sooo much fun! ^^ Pretty sure those 2 Sonics caused a rise in my blood pressure, lol! Just kidding.

Those singles were awesome! Haven't played Brawl at a high level ever since Nintendo Wi-Fi shut down, so I needed to clean off that rust. ^^ And thank you! Your Ike's sword is lookin' good as usual. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
"High level"

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Meh. Zatchy's good, but I'd put him at the peak of Arena talent back when I played, which was around mid-level. Matsu would probably be around low-mid, where I peaked.

DM still scares me.

Ohmigawsh, DAS is here! Do you remember beating my ass?

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Meh. Zatchy's good, but I'd put him around the peak of Arena talent back when I played, which was around mid-level. Matsu would probably be around low-mid, where I peaked.

DM still scares me.
She's harmless. Weighs about 106. I can take her!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
That Fox though....lol. Actually, she plays him a lot like I do, at least in singles. Also assuming I could move around properly, which I still haven't remastered.

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
That Fox though....lol. Actually, she plays him a lot like I do, at least in singles. Also assuming I could move around properly, which I still haven't remastered.
She was getting beat by someone with fox (and she gets really mad). Not like me...I like it! So I watched her come back as Wolf and just destroy them. Was looking good. Course she won't ever help me learn, she gets too big of a kick out of kicking me ass!

You seem to be coming around. You got skills. I just smash buttons. The only one I can really control is Peach, for the most part.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yeah, some people get pretty salty in Smash, which is pretty ridiculous considering what you're playing.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
In the past I've felt like Link was sort of underrated because I think he doesn't suffer as much as other low tiers do in certain areas, (mainly killing at low percentages) but most good players thought he was terrible and was fine where he was on the tier list, so I thought I was just thinking nonsense.

When I was playing you it looked like you could avoid getting easily edge guarded by protecting yourself with projectiles when you were coming back to the ledge. So yeah, maybe his recovery isn't as bad as it seems, but I also felt like there was a way to easily edge guard your recovery that I just wasn't realizing.
Yes, Zatch is right, I have ways to get back. What separates me from other Links is this.

Speed
Quick thinking
Hard set ups
Advanced Techniques (I know everyone btw).
Ball-zy thinking(Which has helped me against MKs and Snakes the most).

I'll also type to you why you had a very hard time getting in and killing/gimping me.

1.Quick on my feet with projectiles, I have a system of how I use my projectiles, it's mostly like this, Arrow one to a second jump Boomerang. Pull out Bomb to a retreating boomerang, bomb slide fake out to one full hop arrow, to second jump arrow, to landing arrow cancel.

2. My unique jab options, I mostly abuse jab one to a back air, or jab cancels to an up smash, air dodge zair to jab cancel one to an fsmash or even an nair, fair, or heck go ball-zy which I did and go for a dair.

3. My ball-zy edge guards, pretty sure you never thought a Link could edge guard like that ha ha. Here's something that's just bad for ZSS, if you're edge guarding her, and she has no jumps, and needs to get back, if you're going to jump before you shoot out a move, ZSS can footstool jump it, but if I read your ZSS flip jump, and throw out a dair (which I have many times in our match), ZSS can't flip jump over it, she will get take 21% damage.
So that's one thing, Dair, and the best thing is her flip jump can only spike you to the ground, and Link's dair spikes you up, he he. So It's pointless to actually challenge it, which you and many other ZSSs do.
When you're offstage, I throw two bombs in the air, why? To make you panic and use your safety net which is the flip jump, only I will know and jump before and preform a dair, if you don't jump however, there is a second bomb waiting for you to fall into.

This is something IK no Link has (ever) done or thought of, the retreating wave bounce boomerang, pretty certain you were confused why I would throw that at times, it's because I want you to use your ZSS jumps and then me go a-wall after that with jabs and stuff, also what the boomerang brings is as well hit stun, on higher % you will be knocked into hit stun for about two seconds, and that's enough to attack or read your emergency ZSS flip.

Lastly, my di is pretty solid with Link on WiFi, so ZSS will either have to gimp me some how, the only way I'd see that happening is if you carry one of your ZSS armor pieces and throw it at my Link when he's offstage. Other than that, I can always shoot an arrow without using a jump, throw a boomerang, and use my second jump to a fair (which beats anything ZSS can throw at Link offstage even the armor piece). I could even pull out a bomb, if you're close to kick me farther, I can just nair you, and use my second jump to recover, I could even just throw the bomb at you, and then use my second jump to footstool you (if you don't see it coming) I can even pull out a bomb, then do a retreating wave bounce boomerang, ZAC with bomb to a nair if you get any closer, and then I can just throw the bomb and recover safely. Or I can just Whiplash since Link's Zair Is Godlike with reach. Looks like Link can do stuff to recover, he he, other than jump carelessly and use your only live support for Link and then use his Boomerang. LOL! These Links and their veteran knowledge it urks me, meh.
Then mid end, WiFi appeared like mom when I was a kid and tell me to go to bed. But the beginning matches were too good, it needed to be recorded, meh next time, hopefully?

Pretty sure I left out quite a few things, but it's not important, these were the straight core facts of how I use Link to his new potential. Repair for the Holy war of tiers~

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I remember you, old man!

Nice to see you back here, but actually, this level of activity is very unusual. Brawl is dead now so this place is completely empty most of the time.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
I remember you, old man!

Nice to see you back here, but actually, this level of activity is very unusual. Brawl is dead now so this place is completely empty most of the time.
Old man!!! Lol its nice to see you too Blaze. I understand with all that's been going on with this wifi stuff, casuals, and competitive stuff involving these games lately.

I did decide to come and see what's up though.

Edit: @ Richard 89 Richard 89 lol me a Super Star that's flattering, but I believe more of a regular hard worker. Its good to see you again too Richard.

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Been a while since I've been here.

Great to see some more people in the Arena.
Nice to see you again man.When can we rematch, man? Our last fight was too dull and contained a ginormous amount of WiFi lag. Still won but the matches were bad, need to recreate history, are you willing to, man? And I still haven't seen your Peach though many have ranted about your Peach.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Don't be too humble, grandpa. You were viewed as easily a top 5 Arena player back then, though things have shifted and I don't know who's leading the pack anymore, though I've heard good things about a few.

I remember playing you as well, though we only had a few matches. Got my ass kicked, lol.

Edit: Oh, and @ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 , I had a question for you, though it pertains more to PM. Recently I've been playing a lot of Link (having mainly used Samus and Ike up until now, he's a nice combination of the two) and I was wondering about your thoughts on platform canceling, since you know a lot about his tech. He has a lot of methods to do it - aerials, Zair, and maybe B moves, though I think that might have been only in Brawl - and I was curious about whether you get much use out of it or not, since you seem to like showy ATs as much as I do, lol.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
anyone wanna brawl?

(beware, my dad switched back to the old router and i WILL DC every 20 min)

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Sorry Xtreme, I was playing PM, lol.
lol i was trying to join someone else anyway. maybe we can play regular smash some other time
@ Jinx129 Jinx129 129 i gotta go make dinner now, ill be back though.

Edit; and just in time for the dc

Last edited:
Top Bottom