• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Don't be too humble, grandpa. You were viewed as easily a top 5 Arena player back then, though things have shifted and I don't know who's leading the pack anymore, though I've heard good things about a few.

I remember playing you as well, though we only had a few matches. Got my *** kicked, lol.

Edit: Oh, and @ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 , I had a question for you, though it pertains more to PM. Recently I've been playing a lot of Link (having mainly used Samus and Ike up until now, he's a nice combination of the two) and I was wondering about your thoughts on platform canceling, since you know a lot about his tech. He has a lot of methods to do it - aerials, Zair, and maybe B moves, though I think that might have been only in Brawl - and I was curious about whether you get much use out of it or not, since you seem to like showy ATs as much as I do, lol.
Who are the few users you've heard good things about?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
ChangeOfHeart, in his record against higher level players.

Zatchiel AKA Homo Pony, Homo Furry, Ponyiff, etc., though I finally got a chance to fight him today.

I think there's another player I'm forgetting but IDK, not as active as it used to be here. There used to be a lot of solid mid-level and even higher players back then but as Brawl faded away so did they.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
ChangeOfHeart, in his record against higher level players.

Zatchiel AKA Homo Pony, Homo Furry, Ponyiff, etc., though I finally got a chance to fight him today.

I think there's another player I'm forgetting but IDK, not as active as it used to be here. There used to be a lot of solid mid-level and even higher players back then but as Brawl faded away so did they.
Zatchiel was a solid player and still is, I've gotten to play a few frendlies just before the shutdown, I had fun playing against his ike.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
im getting this wierd disconnect thing. are you playing pm?
We are in the middle of a brawl DM's got ants in er pants. Few minutes should say seeking brawl. Sorry
Had a dc. DM is done. Looks like ffa time. TAUNT PARTY ON!

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Don't be too humble, grandpa. You were viewed as easily a top 5 Arena player back then, though things have shifted and I don't know who's leading the pack anymore, though I've heard good things about a few.

I remember playing you as well, though we only had a few matches. Got my *** kicked, lol.

Edit: Oh, and @ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 , I had a question for you, though it pertains more to PM. Recently I've been playing a lot of Link (having mainly used Samus and Ike up until now, he's a nice combination of the two) and I was wondering about your thoughts on platform canceling, since you know a lot about his tech. He has a lot of methods to do it - aerials, Zair, and maybe B moves, though I think that might have been only in Brawl - and I was curious about whether you get much use out of it or not, since you seem to like showy ATs as much as I do, lol.
PM Link is good, I could do stuff in PM with him, but, meh. Platform cancels to me are just a tool really, Link doesn't really need it, but, it helps when your foe is recovering high and lands on the platform. Tbh, it's mostly for show, and it helps me because flashy stuff helps my Link, and it actually makes players cautious towards how to approach my Link. This is how I see it, every technique plays it's role in a respectable manner. But back to platform cancels, they are important and they make my Link faster, and that's what any Link needs is mobility to get away from stuff. Better I demonstrate with you in a brawl match really. You'll understand better I know it.

Also, can you explain to me what made DAS pretty much the best here? When I brawled him, he was good, maybe our connection made it hard on him to do better I suppose, anyway, I hope I answered your, question? To take part of the question "top dog leading the pack" I'll just throw a wild guess and type (WiFi).

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Alright, thanks for the info on Link. I tend to abuse anything possible that keeps me moving as well, especially things like Wolf's illusion canceling/wavebounced or B-reversed Marth Shield Breaker.

As for DAS, I guess he was just better than most then. The names that come to mind from then are Ruinn (DK main), DAS (Peach), Sunny (Lucario), ZMX/Gades (Marth/Diddy/Others), Red Savarin/Holopaw (Falco? Don't remember), and others I know I'm forgetting. >< Goddamnit. Maybe Richard or some of the other people who were around then can comment as well.

Edit: Did some name searches. Holopaw/whatever's current name is Kouya Aotsuki, and another player I remember being good, though maybe slightly below some of the others I mentioned, was crappycola, a Fox main.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
K think I lost you Extreme but I need a little break. GGs. Maybe back on later....maybe. :)
sorry for bailing so abruptly, my mom came home and told me i had to finish making dinner. i would have logged out but my pizza was cooking.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Damn west coast people, I envy your ability to be eating dinner at 11 PM. #ESTSucks

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Damn west coast people, I envy your ability to be eating dinner at 11 PM. #ESTSucks
Your EST? Me too.

Wanna play a couple matches? I won't be able to play long though. I'm tired so I'll suck too. Worse than usual lol.

lol nvm.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
crappycola, a Fox main.
Crappy was one of the first people I played on this site back in early 2010. We were also clan comrades back around that time. Oh the memories.

By history and achievements, I think @MikeKirby is the best player of the Arena in its history (anyone that was around post/pre-NNMFA feel free to object, but I've played nearly everyone to ever visit the arenas since I joined). Haven't played him in forever it seems, but I caught glimpse of him during the Liberty Walk crew tourney. And I don't doubt that he's still a top five Kirby.

I remember when M2K lurked the arena one time and everyone lost their ****. Can't remember if he posted or not.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
MikeKirby? Really? Well um, okay, M2K isn't great on WiFi, that's why he quit a long time ago.

@ FoxBlaze71 FoxBlaze71

No problem man, and Link is a good character, if our connection is good and stuff, you'll see what I mean.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
And in the meantime *yawn*
Ill be waiting in the training room for someone to join.
Zzzzzzzz......

Top Bottom