• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Come to join the all-nighter?
Actually, I just stopped by just to answer his question. Gonna be off to bed now since I have somewhere to be in the morning.

Goodnight all.

Edit: We should play sometime, Kamo. I don't reckon we ever have.

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Actually, I just stopped by just to answer his question. Gonna be off to bed now since I have somewhere to be in the morning.

Goodnight all.
Nite Sunshine lover!
Lucky me. I took the day off. Guess I am gonna sleep all day!
@ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 You want to go a couple more. Let Marth take a poke at ya?
@ Zatchiel Zatchiel Kamo's cool. He gets into my taunt parties!

Last edited:

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
I use to brawl Dakpo, dashing in and just sitting there is asking to get dsmashed or pivot stuff. I just feel I know stuff that other Links don't really bother to learn to or think it will work. Can we sometime have a set man? I want to show our set to the Link boards, so maybe they'll start believing in him. And your ZSS is dope ha ha.
Sure, but I doubt you'll change any minds. It's not like you'll be showing them a set vs Salem or something lol.

And sure we can play one of these days, Zatchiel.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
K pack a lunch and bring it!
Coming. Man!

@ Kamo. Kamo. But all ZSS are the same, and V115 is the best ZSS atm. Salem isn't the same, your ZSS knows the foundation, and that's the important stand to show in your set. Also, don't underestimate yourself man. Your ZSS is really good.

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Ok. I'm having issues connecting now. Says either the player is not connected yada yada yada or you deleted me! lol
Hosting

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Nope I haven't, you host then please.

Edit: Wait, you're a girl? My apologizes miss.
Heh...shouldn't have told you to pack a lunch. Quit whipping me with those vines!
Ok we obviously can't keep a connection. Going nitey nite! GGS. Lots of fun, you and your friends. Maybe tomorrow or this weekend we can play some more.

Last edited:

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
@ Kamo. Kamo. But all ZSS are the same, and V115 is the best ZSS atm. Salem isn't the same, your ZSS knows the foundation, and that's the important stand to show in your set. Also, don't underestimate yourself man. Your ZSS is really good.
Thanks, I'm not always confident in myself, but sometimes I think that plays to my advantage somehow. Not sure why I said Salem, I've actually heard that the best ZSS right now is a Japanese player (I think) called Choco.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Ha ha, Ivysaur <3 And did we dc again? Man, rehost
Can't. I gotta go to bed. I am supposed to do yardwork tomorrow and at this rate I may not get out of bed. The cats and dogs will be mad if breakfast is late too!

Ha! I prefer Ms. Way past Miss!

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Heh...shouldn't have told you to pack a lunch. Quit whipping me with those vines!
Ok we obviously can't keep a connection. Going nitey nite! GGS. Lots of fun, you and your friends. Maybe tomorrow or this weekend we can play some more.
Sure thing Jinx night miss.

@ Jinx129 Jinx129 Ms it is, but miss is more elegant and stuff, ms reminds me of a teacher ha ha.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Thanks, I'm not always confident in myself, but sometimes I think that plays to my advantage somehow. Not sure why I said Salem, I've actually heard that the best ZSS right now is a Japanese player (I think) called Choco.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkWEKbwT9gY

I hate to type this, but you have a better control, I don't see anything different that would stun my Link or make him better? He's just smart, he reminds me of Nick Riddle ha ha.

Edit: That's just how I see it man. There is nothing different I see in other ZSS other than wise thinking. Dakpo had this ZSS style before everyone else started to include the Salem tricks into their game-play. Don't get me wrong, Choco is amazing, but his style and everything is all similar. I however like your ZSS more, you focus more on reading and getting into your opponents mind. And good stuff on your matches that were uploaded on YouTube, man.

Last edited:

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkWEKbwT9gY

I hate to type this, but you have a better control, I don't see anything different that would stun my Link or make him better? He's just smart, he reminds me of Nick Riddle ha ha
I agree, his style does seem more like Nick's as opposed to the flashier play I'd expect out of Salem or V115. Not sure what his results are like compared to V115's, but I've heard hes taken big names in Japan consistently. Though I'm not sure how many big names are left in Japan to be honest.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I agree, his style does seem more like Nick's as opposed to the flashier play I'd expect out of Salem or V115. Not sure what his results are like compared to V115's, but I've heard hes taken big names in Japan consistently. Though I'm not sure how many big names are left in Japan to be honest.
Yup pretty much, this might sound really huh, but you think my Link could on a good Ic? Just by playing mine, I really want to show to everyone that Link is a viable character, and yes he has a bad recovery, but with some tricks and stuff, it's not so bad, don't you agree, man?

Edit: Well alright then that is a no then. Repair for the Holy War of tiers~

Last edited:

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
Yup pretty much, this might sound really huh, but you think my Link could on a good Ic? Just by playing mine, I really want to show to everyone that Link is a viable character, and yes he has a bad recovery, but with some tricks and stuff, it's not so bad, don't you agree, man?
In the past I've felt like Link was sort of underrated because I think he doesn't suffer as much as other low tiers do in certain areas, (mainly killing at low percentages) but most good players thought he was terrible and was fine where he was on the tier list, so I thought I was just thinking nonsense.

When I was playing you it looked like you could avoid getting easily edge guarded by protecting yourself with projectiles when you were coming back to the ledge. So yeah, maybe his recovery isn't as bad as it seems, but I also felt like there was a way to easily edge guard your recovery that I just wasn't realizing.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Dammit, now I don't know whether to call you a homo pony or homo furry.
Either works, according to the internet.

The word "ponyiffer" popped into my head for some reason. Seems to be a legit tag already on... tumblr.

Fret not, Celestia will be back soon.

Also, anybody up to play? I guess I could go for some. Might compete in tournament today.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
When I was playing you it looked like you could avoid getting easily edge guarded by protecting yourself with projectiles when you were coming back to the ledge. So yeah, maybe his recovery isn't as bad as it seems, but I also felt like there was a way to easily edge guard your recovery that I just wasn't realizing.
No no, his recovery is awful. He just has ways of working around ledgeguarding, as most characters do. Just about patience and such. I believe even Ganon has an easier time getting back against certain characters if he conserves his second jump, which isn't a tough chore generally. His up B doesn't get that weird zero horizontal movement that Link's does under certain circumstances. He also gets better vertical distance on his, and consistently better aerial speed after using it in the air (this is pretty much just reiterating that he doesn't get the odd horizontal momentum).

I'll plei!
Buenoooooo. <3 I'll host in moment.

Edit: Sure Jinx, you can join if Matsu agrees.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yep, I suck at vBrawl too.

Whoever's playing, try to avoid getting me on your team if this happens. I'm also uncooperative and prone to accidental teamkilling, so...

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Yep, I suck at vBrawl too.

Whoever's playing, try to avoid getting me on your team if this happens. I'm also uncooperative and prone to accidental teamkilling, so...
Well let's wait and see what those two want to do. We can do 1v1 in the meantime. Teach ya something!

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Whoops, apologies for taking so long to respond. We can do teams if you two would like. I'll team with whomever. But for sake of team balance, it should be FoxBlaze and I against Matsu and Jinx.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Whoops, apologies for taking so long to respond. We can do teams if you two would like. I'll team with whomever. But for sake of team balance, it should be FoxBlaze and I against Matsu and Jinx.
Red please?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Oh, I'm just supposed to join, right? I haven't played doubles in around three years so I don't remember this ****, lol.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ya, just join up. Foxblaze, blue or green?

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Oh, I'm just supposed to join, right? I haven't played doubles in around three years so I don't remember this ****, lol.
Yeah , but I tried and couldn't get in. My connection has been giving me fits today!

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Everybooty join.

Matsuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooin

Last edited:
Top Bottom