• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
nothing personal about leaving im not trying to be a poor sport, but i really dont enjoy battles with that much lag. maybe we can try another time. I'll just wait for someone closer.
I've left earlier before plenty of times for the same reason, so I understand. Connection was pretty tripe, but good games.

I still feel like you roll a lot more than you really ever need to. Be aggressive once you're in to actually do damage. Aura spheres get stale when you try to use them for committed camping. They're better used once you create space between you and your opponent, and even then it's best to throw out no more than maybe one or two unless one of them connect with the opponent (even their shield). Keep it at least a little bit charged so you can though out a decently charged sphere when you feel it's best used, or for some creative strings using the sphere's hitboxes while it's charging. You can usually get it out of a low percent force palm combo -> f-air -> turnaround aura sphere charge, but there are a lot of different ways to mix it up, including using it to punish landings behind or inside you (depending on your percentage/aura sphere size during the charge).

Last edited:

PHNX

Smash Apprentice
I've left earlier before plenty of times for the same reason, so I understand. Connection was pretty tripe, but good games.

I still feel like you roll a lot more than you really ever need to. Be aggressive once you're in to actually do damage. Aura spheres get stale when you try to use them for committed camping. They're better used once you create space between you and your opponent, and even then it's best to throw out no more than maybe one or two unless one of them connect with the opponent (even their shield). Keep it at least a little bit charged so you can though out a decently charged sphere when you feel it's best used, or for some creative strings using the sphere's hitboxes while it's charging. You can usually get it out of a low percent force palm combo -> f-air -> turnaround aura sphere charge, but there are a lot of different ways to mix it up, including using it to punish landings behind or inside you (depending on your percentage/aura sphere size during the charge).
thanks for understanding and for the advice, when there's less lag i do enjoy charging my aura sphere, my favorite use is if im at high percentage and being juggled, i like to move away from them and then reverse the aura sphere so my momentum switches. This will hopefully allow you to pass straight through them while delivering a bit of damage, while its not going to cause a lot of damage, it will mess with their heads.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Ok. Anyone around to kick my ass? I won't deny it cuz, well, it's the truth!

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ok. Anyone around to kick my ***? I won't deny it cuz, well, it's the truth!
Good games... moonshine lover~

You do know what moonshine is, right? LOL.

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Yes. GGS sandbagger!

OK. Who's next? I didn't get enough!

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yeah, I know how you feel. I moved to the upper peninsula of Michigan a couple years ago (yes, there are actually people there, but not many) and the nearest tournament scenes would be around 7 hours from me. So I plan on sticking with Wifi, lol.
You're lucky, my scene here is dead, unless I travel to a California tournament, which isn't happening due to many important obstacles in my direction. WIFi actually made me a better player in general, it's the mu-s that make me happy, I can brawl weird mu-s like Ivysaur, Bowser, CF, and so on, so I know all these match-ups like second nature. That's why I can win these high caliber players so well. The gimmicks, mind games, camping doesn't really affect me, but what does is a connection with lag. But there is one mu that I never lose to at all, maybe once or twice, but it haven't happened since. The Yoshi mu, if anyone wants to take this challenge, then by all means try to, he he. Closet so far was Zatch first game then second it didn't go so well. Nice chatting with you man.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Definitely. Online has its issues but it's better than offline play in terms of availability, though that's died down a lot because of the Wifi shutdown/PM popularity/SSB4 casuals flooding in.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Definitely. Online has its issues but it's better than offline play in terms of availability, though that's died down a lot because of the Wifi shutdown/PM popularity/SSB4 casuals flooding in.
Yup pretty much, man.

Anyway, does anyone want to be my partner for a 2vs2? My partner is sleeping and stuff, thanks.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
You do know what moonshine is, right? LOL.[/quote]

Why it's reflected sunshine, Sunshine!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Someone play me in Brawl right now.

New FC:0607-2957-2391

My regular FC still exists.

No hd tv lag. Gamecube controller. No P:M. Everything feels right.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Someone play me in Brawl right now.

New FC:0607-2957-2391

My regular FC still exists.

No hd tv lag. Gamecube controller. No P:M. Everything feels right.
Kekekekekekek. I'll play, but I'm gonna be trollin' with Nessu.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
There are two ways to do well in Brawl.

1.) Practice extensively and develop your gameplay over a long period of time.

2.) Play Falco. :troll:

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Ok. I'm coming
I added you too. It's a guaranteed win for you! Glad you decided to join us. PM seems cool, but I don't think I have the discipline to put that kind of effort into learning shuffle dash wave cancelling! LOL

@ FoxBlaze71 FoxBlaze71 What about you? You wanna scrap?

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I added you too. It's a guaranteed win for you! Glad you decided to join us. PM seems cool, but I don't think I have the discipline to put that kind of effort into learning shuffle dash wave cancelling! LOL

@ FoxBlaze71 FoxBlaze71 What about you? You wanna scrap?
Kinda busy ATM, and I don't even have the patcher set up on my Brawl SD card IIRC.

But as for PM, you should give it a shot. The technical barrier in Smash period is very low (compared to other fighters that require consistent one-framers and other strict tech) and it's a lot of fun.

If you try it out, give my guy Ike a shot. He's not that technical (Ally plays a really practical Ike and still dominates), he's hard to kill, and he features manly yelling and a huge sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb76urKDw0M&t=1m30s

MANLY YELLING

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Kinda busy ATM, and I don't even have the patcher set up on my Brawl SD card IIRC.

But as for PM, you should give it a shot. The technical barrier in Smash period is very low (compared to other fighters that require consistent one-framers and other strict tech) and it's a lot of fun.

If you try it out, give my guy Ike a shot. He's not that technical (Ally plays a really practical Ike and still dominates), he's hard to kill, and he features manly yelling and a huge sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb76urKDw0M&t=1m30s

MANLY YELLING
Yeah, I know. He's hot! Ok. Let's play PM. Teach me to wavedash?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Like I said, I'm a bit occupied at the moment and probably shouldn't even be pissing around on here.

This guy's series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGS5eT68P-8) goes over some of the basics pretty well.

The Wifi Friend Code List in the PM general forum is good to find competition, and there's a lot of newer players running around, so you shouldn't feel too intimidated.

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Like I said, I'm a bit occupied at the moment and probably shouldn't even be pissing around on here.

This guy's series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGS5eT68P-8) goes over some of the basics pretty well.

The Wifi Friend Code List in the PM general forum is good to find competition, and there's a lot of newer players running around, so you shouldn't feel too intimidated.
Dude, I already got schooled by Nix and company! Ain't going back there without backup.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
If you aim to improve, you'll need to fight stronger players. I've only been playing PM for a week or so myself but I'm making improvement from the ass-beatings I've gotten.

There are still some relatively new players there who just do random stuff, so not everyone is pro. I'm not really sure what you're aiming for but whether you're playing for fun or improvement you should be able to find players that fit either category.

Also, I recommend watching some top level play for whatever character you plan to play so you get a feel for what they're capable, what their most reliable moves are, etc. Using Ike as an example, Metroid (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ohA6skK3c), DJNintendo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xcTRUJXCVM), and Ally (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWr7Eiaz-vQ) would be a few to watch.

Either way, I can't just hold your hand through the entire PM learning process. It's only a video game, so there's nothing to lose in getting bodied and everything to gain. Sure, you could play people who don't know what you're doing, but empty wins don't mean as much as a loss learned from. You seem to not care that much about improvement, but regardless of what you're aiming for, don't worry about wins or losses and learn everything you can. I regularly look at all the character boards, as you can learn a lot of in-depth MU and general game knowledge by reading up and watching it in action at tourney-level play.

Good luck is all I can give you, because it's up to you alone whether you become good or not.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
If you aim to improve, you'll need to fight stronger players. I've only been playing PM for a week or so myself but I'm making improvement from the ***-beatings I've gotten.

There are still some relatively new players there who just do random stuff, so not everyone is pro. I'm not really sure what you're aiming for but whether you're playing for fun or improvement you should be able to find players that fit either category.

Also, I recommend watching some top level play for whatever character you plan to play so you get a feel for what they're capable, what their most reliable moves are, etc. Using Ike as an example, Metroid (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ohA6skK3c), DJNintendo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xcTRUJXCVM), and Ally (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWr7Eiaz-vQ) would be a few to watch.

Either way, I can't just hold your hand through the entire PM learning process. It's only a video game, so there's nothing to lose in getting bodied and everything to gain. Sure, you could play people who don't know what you're doing, but empty wins don't mean as much as a loss learned from. You seem to not care that much about improvement, but regardless of what you're aiming for, don't worry about wins or losses and learn everything you can. I regularly look at all the character boards, as you can learn a lot of in-depth MU and general game knowledge by reading up and watching it in action at tourney-level play.

Good luck is all I can give you, because it's up to you alone whether you become good or not.
Whooooshhh! That was way to much to comprehend in one message. LOL. Just kidding. Appreciate the input.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Oh, and one other thing you may want to check out if you're interested in Ike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlMKhay2hV0

Really good general info and MU specific stuff. Actually, you'll find that just about every tool Ike has is really specific, but whatever.

The same channel uploads other guides from IL players as well, so even if you find you don't like Ike (not possible, BTW) there are several for other characters as well.

With that said, let your PM journey begin!

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Chreest.

Holy ****, it feels like it has been a long time since I've said that. Had a ton of fun playing again. You actually seem to have gotten better. Have you been playing Brawl as well as P:M before today?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
GG's @ Zatchiel Zatchiel its been a while. I'm glad I got to win at least a couple matches after being so rusty. Dang... day is gone to smash once again.... :c I can't tell if you react to what I do or you just guess. I probably shield too much when I miss a move. I'm trying to stop that. Instead I should throw out a quick move to not get grabbed. Ah well.

Falco vs Fox is one of my favorite match-ups. I'm glad I got that one match when all the StarFox crew was cheering for me :awesome:

I feel like I get pretty spammy in Brawl when there's pressure. If not when there's pressure I'm trying to do 2 moves before the buffer period when I'm trying to do an attack. Idk.

You've seen me play P:M. I play the two a lot differently.

Good games Chreest.

Holy ****, it feels like it has been a long time since I've said that. Had a ton of fun playing again. You actually seem to have gotten better. Have you been playing Brawl as well as P:M before today?
Not really. All the Brawl I've been playing was just some infrequent free for all timed games with my 2-5 year old niece and nephews lol. I basically have control over who wins. Gotta spread the win around so no one cries too much hahaha.

I've just been playing Melee and P:M. Gotta say. The ledge techs this session were very nice all around. I've been getting better at that.

I don't know what in the world was going on during Pokemon stadium one in one match. I forgot that Diddy could cling to walls and I thought I was in hitstun/tumble animation the whole time! :joyful: Some of the matches were very hype. It seems like anytime I'm in the lead I mess it up.(that or you're letting me have the lead and take it back with a 2 stock comeback)

(The Falco vs. Fox matches will always be with me)

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Anyone want to brawl? Seems everyone is brawling and I'm not.
Doesn't look like anyone is brawling to me but I got conned into PM. LOL What fun it is to get completely destroyed! Maybe I'll join you in a minute. I was waiting on someone but I don't know what the prob is.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Doesn't look like anyone is brawling to me but I got conned into PM. LOL What fun it is to get completely destroyed! Maybe I'll join you in a minute. I was waiting on someone but I don't know what the prob is.
So yes, something happened, Nine and Dark Falco want to 2vs2 against my partner, but he isn't here, anyone else want to be a replacement, please? Thanks for your time.

Top Bottom