• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Gg as always alexo your Marth is pretty good. It seemed a little laggier than usual wouldn't you say?
GGs Yeah Ive got a bunch of pocket characters(pretty much the whole Melee crew lol). It was a little laggy but definitely playable. That Lucario got me ragin man, especially the first time lol.

j-slo-3

Smash Cadet
Haha yea link I guess I would consider a secondary, ness and lucario I would consider pocket because I'm not that great with them, but id like to get better with lucario because as you saw he can be really annoying lol

Zork

Smash Apprentice
I'm using a Classic Controller too and I can do most of Brawl's ATs without much trouble.

Gohan I just tried that instant air down b thing and from what I can tell unless I'm doing something else...you don't need to press the c-stick in the opposite direction. You just jump down B and then instantly press another c-stick direction and it will do it out of the down B.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I use the Classic Controller ;(
Well idk anything really about the classic controller, but the same buttons might be able to do the same thing. Just jump, use whatever Down-Special is, then use whatever the Smash stick is in the opposite direction you're facing... it might work but I wouldnt promise it.

I wish I could use Sonic lol. He's like the only character I can't use at all. Something about him just won't click with me.
I wish I could play Sonic good as well. I know all of the flashy stuff, but I have no knowledge of any psuedo-combos Sonic has... and the Sonic boards dont have them and I dont want to read the whole Q&A section for it. Bros. probably wont believe it, but about last month Sonic along with Link, Wario, Snake, and Wolf were my worst characters. The other 4 still are but Jluis inspired me to try sonic again.

Gohan I just tried that instant air down b thing and from what I can tell unless I'm doing something else...you don't need to press the c-stick in the opposite direction. You just jump down B and then instantly press another c-stick direction and it will do it out of the down B.
Hmm I guess if you got it to work then it works fine. I press away because if I pressed it Down or Up Sonic would just bounce up as if I just did another jump. And if I pressed forward, it wouldnt even work.. but i guess that doesnt apply to you lol.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
O I suppose I can for a bit
You can play with them Ill just hang out.

Your Link and Ness were pretty solid. Yeah and I love how you change your playstyle everytime you go down, you become a lot more defensive and patient. My playstyle rarely changes mid-match lol.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Btw Gohan do you want to Brawl right now? I'm still available.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Btw Gohan do you want to Brawl right now? I'm still available.
Oh lol I cant actually Im supposed to be (i am) working on a paper I have to do for school, and slightly procrastinating by looking at the boards once in a while.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Oh I see. Well in that case you can answer my Sonic question above some other time. Sorry to bother you.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Well idk anything really about the classic controller, but the same buttons might be able to do the same thing. Just jump, use whatever Down-Special is, then use whatever the Smash stick is in the opposite direction you're facing... it might work but I wouldnt promise it.

Hmm I guess if you got it to work then it works fine. I press away because if I pressed it Down or Up Sonic would just bounce up as if I just did another jump. And if I pressed forward, it wouldnt even work.. but i guess that doesnt apply to you lol.
Classic Controller is basically the same thing as the Gamecube Controller except the controller design and 2 throw buttons. ZL and ZR. It should work the same ;)

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Anyone who wants to play P:M doubles join j-slo and I, we will be the green team.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Yes to what? I'd be down to play doubles but on regular brawl I don't have project m.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I just said I don't have project m I never said it was bad.

1v1 Brawl anyone?

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Sorry alexo still new to pm :s lol

GG's everybody! I gtg
Its all good man, at least you looked like you knew what you were doing lol. We won 1 maybe 2 so thats good. Pretty unfair that deadjames and j slo are dubz partners in real life lol. GGs

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs, Cowboy and Alexo. Also, sorry SmashGuy, I don't know what happened there, maybe try removing those custom textures you mentioned next time we try to play.

@Alexo: Well we're both probably better in singles than we are in doubles, we're trying to work on our chemistry, we got bodied at Hype 3.5 last weekend, but I got 7th in singles, which is pretty good since it was a Brawl tourney and I hardly ever play Brawl anymore.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
GGs, Cowboy and Alexo. Also, sorry SmashGuy, I don't know what happened there, maybe try removing those custom textures you mentioned next time we try to play.
Cheapest move ever= taking us to Yoshis vs Bowser&Ganon lol. GGs Not much to talk about after dubz lol.

Did you play on stream? Because I was thinking about tuning in to that. Yeah Ive realized that Im much better at singles. If I get one of my good friends into Smash I bet we would be strong, just because of the chemistry.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Cheapest move ever= taking us to Yoshis vs Bowser&Ganon lol. GGs Not much to talk about after dubz lol.
Don't look at me, I always just pick random for the stage lol.

Edit: Yeah, our first doubles match and the KC, MO vs Lawrence, KS crew battle were both on stream. Unfortunately I lost both of my matches on stream despite doing pretty well in singles. I got to play against DeLux too, he's the one who knocked me into loser's, he's a super nice guy though. I wanted to play some friendlies with MJG too, but I didn't get a chance.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Don't look at me, I always just pick random for the stage lol.

Edit: Yeah, our first doubles match and the KC, MO vs Lawrence, KS crew battle were both on stream. Unfortunately I lost both of my matches on stream despite doing pretty well in singles. I got to play against DeLux too, he's the one who knocked me into loser's, he's a super nice guy though. I wanted to play some friendlies with MJG too, but I didn't get a chance.
Oh maybe Im glad I wasnt there to see you lose, I wouldve been sad.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Oh maybe Im glad I wasnt there to see you lose, I wouldve been sad.
Yeah oh well, it was fun, I got to meet and play against a lot of cool people and I managed to pique some people's interest in P:M as well.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Yeah oh well, it was fun, I got to meet and play against a lot of cool people and I managed to pique some people's interest in P:M as well.
Yeah you dont have to win to have fun. Thats why I wish there was still some local Smashfests and stuff I could go to, so I can go and meet some Smashers and have fun. Yeah man hopefully the P:M scene will grow(looks like it has here in the arena).

j-slo-3

Smash Cadet
Yeah you dont have to win to have fun. Thats why I wish there was still some local Smashfests and stuff I could go to, so I can go and meet some Smashers and have fun. Yeah man hopefully the P:M scene will grow(looks like it has here in the arena).
There will be a pm tourney in Kansas in March if you'd wana go to that and come meet us lol

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
There will be a pm tourney in Kansas in March if you'd wana go to that and come meet us lol
That'd be pretty awesome. Come up in yalls home turf and stomp you guys JK lol. That would be cool though, Ill think about it. Theres a tourney in January thats going to be big in Murfeesboro, which I plan to go to. Its only an hour or two away so thats cool. Will probably be my first tourney:)

Top Bottom