• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

j-slo-3

Smash Cadet
Bring it! Lol. Yea my first tourney was last week with deadjames but it was just brawl so I didn't care that much anyway, but it was still a pretty fun time. But good luck to ya man! O and if you want since we play relatively often, add me on Facebook or twitter if you have one it's a much easier means of communication for me.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Bring it! Lol. Yea my first tourney was last week with deadjames but it was just brawl so I didn't care that much anyway, but it was still a pretty fun time. But good luck to ya man! O and if you want since we play relatively often, add me on Facebook or twitter if you have one it's a much easier means of communication for me.
Sure Ill add you on Facebook. I just made an FB for Smash only lol. I guess just PM me your name. I rarely get on FB though. I really dont know how to use Facebook though lol.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Where is everyone :o The only day I don't have a lot of stuff to do... Well would anyone like to brawl for a while?

GGS, (your tag IS heart right?)

(Shoot I meant to edit)
Yes it is. 'Heart' is my new username, well it's short for 'ChangeOfHeart.' Which is abbreviated as 'COF.'

1 User and 15 guests xD

Ha ha!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's Saimunn! Those games man, they were pushing me to my limit. Plain and simple. Sometimes I felt like there was nothing I could do about some of your characters, I felt so shut down. Man, your ZSS is incredible. I was un-rusting pretty fast against her. Still, you demolished like all of my characters.

I was hoping for some Falco dittos but I guess that one game would do. Btw has anyone told you how freakin impossible it is to get back to the stage against your ZSS. lol If I do a get up attack there will be a lazer. If I do a ledge jump, there will be a plasma whip. If I try to get up from the ledge I get D-Smashed to everything. xD

Thanks for those games though. I enjoyed them greatly. :)

Zork

Smash Apprentice
I can play Project M with you later today deadjames. In about 5-6 hours from now. But we might get lag spikes again...though we can always quit if that happens...

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Ggs Dreamer! That'd have been my last match anyway, my hand is starting to hurt. xD
You have a nice Kirby though. :D

And also, do you play on Basic Brawl? Some of the things you did looked familar, especially the ducking. If you aren't who I'm thinking of, then nvm. xP
Also, when we were reflecting arrows and I approached you that time, I was trying to push you back. >> Starting lag on mirror shield makes it impossible unless we're both near the edge.

Edit: Np, thank you too!

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
GG's Saimunn! Those games man, they were pushing me to my limit.
Merely saying 'good games' would be a qualifier for understatement of the year.. Those games were exhilarating XD. And entirely likewise, I sometimes had to dig deep in order to actually grasp onto that initiative at times!

Sometimes I felt like there was nothing I could do about some of your characters, I felt so shut down. Man, your ZSS is incredible. I was un-rusting pretty fast against her. Still, you demolished like all of my characters.
Speaking of shedding off the rust; your :kirby2: was plucking every single indigo feather of my somewhat unpolished :falco: in the very beginning.. I was like, y u read me so hurrrdd :upsidedown:.
Chain grabbing :kirby2: is not quite the sinecure either sigh.. Needs to be a perfect frame walking CG and only 3 consecutive grabs are warranted. Pretty solid spacing with the b-airs and nice mix-ups with the tilts as well. Although I'd say that you were a bit overzealous towards the last couple of games with :kirby2:, seeing how you went berserk with the f-smashes at any random point lols. But hey, I could not refute your motions, since you kind of bodied Flak0 ;// (who later avenged himself in the ditto though :troll: unlike I barely won that one)

So then I resorted to my loyal bounty huntress, and well, it went much better quite frankly XD. I also needed time to fully acclimatise to the laggy environment (the lag was really weird.. it seemed like it was nor input lag nor actually delaying lag..), and I kind of got wrecked by your :dk2: initially lols. Speaking of which, that ape of yours really knows how to zone his b-airs / n-airs and tilts o.O
Eventually I distilled a pattern though; you tend to roll behind me when you're not facing me but are residing within close-quarter range. Additionally, I noticed how you also tend to u-tilt immediately after rolling (probably because it's like your 'gtfo' move? Seems like it scarcely requires frames though lol). Difficult to punish on WiFi, but well..
Oh and major credits for those landing grab reads rofl. I was like FFFFF-.. he's gonna grab me again upon landing. Airdodging into the ground is hazardous T.T

I also experienced the 'lock-down' situation when opposing several of your characters... Your :ike: is particularly sturdy as well; the jab cancels and the b-air / f-air warding is just so intimidating ;o.
And you did not quite show mercy in respect of my :marth: either lol. Not to john, but I scarcely play :marth: (which you might have discerned from the faulty zoning and the rogue up-bs which seemed extremely random at times rofl xD), so hence the significantly less effective performance. I want to pick him up as a more consistently recurring contender, but he's just really difficult to master on WiFi ;/

I was hoping for some Falco dittos but I guess that one game would do.
Lol, the outcome of that ditto spoke volumes really; I thought that a rematch wouldn't have been necessary :troll:

It's not like I'm afraid to defend my title or something

Btw has anyone told you how freakin impossible it is to get back to the stage against your ZSS. lol If I do a get up attack there will be a lazer. If I do a ledge jump, there will be a plasma whip. If I try to get up from the ledge I get D-Smashed to everything. xD
Haha, well, I try to exert pressure onto my opponent in such situations, because quite frankly, those are the moments :zerosuitsamus: can capitalise on with her supreme mobility and outstanding punishing game. I try to alternate between a somewhat stationary paralyzer-game and a dynamic reading game (with the emphasis on vertical spacing) to remain creative. It all revolves around momentum, which evidently isn't always present on my side XD. But yeah, thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it! It's actually such perceptive compliments that really feel so rewarding :3

Needless to say, your reads at times are just.. I don't know, you make it seem so mundane lol. Just when you're 'in the zone', I don't have time to weigh my options and select the most secure one. The undecisiveness and ambiguity occasionally incurs a looot of damage lol. So you yourself are also pretty adept at exerting some serious pressure my good Sir! Such a great asset to make yourself intangible at times, isn't it? ;p

Thanks for those games though. I enjoyed them greatly. :)
I would mutually like to thank you for dem games, and I look forward to our next encounter with great (positive) anxiety!

N.B.: Sorry for the somewhat delayed response, but I was ( / am still) quite busy with other things at the same time o.o

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I'm going to assume that Rekindling has already found someone. xD
Does anyone want to brawl? :3

Edit: I'll play you, Snailtopus~
:D

D

Deleted member

Sorry, I'm done the lag is just too bad.
Yea. Brawl's wifi is so messed up. First game was totally lagging, then you re-host and that game was alright, less lag. Then the game after that completely laggy.
GGs, even though it was laggy.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yea. Brawl's wifi is so messed up. First game was totally lagging, then you re-host and that game was alright, less lag. Then the game after that completely laggy.
GGs, even though it was laggy.
Well it's not so much Brawl it's our connection (the little orb next to a players name on your friend list indicates connection strength and you've got red on mine)

Top Bottom