• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Bowser is an old time secondary i'm starting to use again. Same for pika.

I think i was doing decently the beginning matches but started getting mentally drained/tired as the matches progressed lol. I'm goin' out to eat so i'm sure that'll fix that xP. Good stuff. Keep getting better, so i can keep trying to catch up~

Mental exhaustion happens to us all lol. I'll keep trying to improve then lol there isn't a such thing here as knowing too much.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Ometapost: 15965150 said:
Alright! Adding now~
GGS Ometa. , those where some LONG matches. Sorry you never got to see half my other characters... I have been doing a thing where I don't switch out until I win with a character.
I NEVER knew how much range ROB has! (probably because I play marth all the time) I didn't know how to deal with it...
Oh god your pit... I'm going to have nightmares...

P.S I can plainly see how badly I need to stop spamming TL's dair so you don't have to tell me...

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Hmm not sure what's causing the lag. Let me try hosting this time.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
11 people online?! Dang, shocked so many people are online on a Monday. :p I thought most people would be busy with homework or whatever the case may be, but I know there's a lot of older players here.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
I'd really love to play soon :) Anyone of my friends on?

Or perhaps some complete stranger? In either case I'm itching for a match.

Here's a fish <*)))><

added 44

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
GGS Ometa. Sorry you never got to see half my other characters... I have been doing a thing where I don't switch out until I win with a character.
I NEVER knew how much range ROB has! (probably because I play marth all the time) I didn't know how to deal with it...
Oh god your pit... I'm going to have nightmares...

P.S I can plainly see how badly I need to stop spamming TL's dair so you don't have to tell me...

GGs Ben! The only reason I had left was because I was called to take out the garbage (Which for me takes longer than you might think >.>)

R.O.B Has some of the best non-disjointed range in the game (him and DK are about tied). The best way to deal with R.O.B. is to maneuver through his wall of lasers and Gyros and get in his face. From that point he can't really do anything because of his nonexistent OoS options

My Pit was actually rusty lol. I used to be and still am the only Pit main here :coolmonke:

I'm not going to say anything about the dair... :smirk:

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I'd really love to play soon :) Anyone of my friends on?

Or perhaps some complete stranger? In either case I'm itching for a match.

Here's a fish <*)))><

added 44
Alright, I have so many people on my list I don't know LMAO

Is your name SPY with the Fire Emblem symbol?

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Sorry, I'm done Zork, I can't take the lag anymore plus I'd much rather be playing P:M anyway. On a related note, I'll play with you SmashGuy.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
GGS deadjames. If you want advice let me know. Your Luigi is pretty good.

I don't know what was causing those random lag spikes, at this time this usually doesn't happen to me.

Edit:

Then again my net is pretty unreliable so it was probably all on my end.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Meteor: Anyone want to brawl. Just saw a combo vid of Sonic and I got HYPE.
GGs man, those Sonic dittos were hype, and you had a great comeback on that one on FD. Looks like my Kirby is no match for R.O.B still, cant get around his enourmous hitboxes. Lag seemed to mess both of us up on pretty basic stuff, hope we can do this again with the lowest frames of lag possible.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
And oh that's right, we were supposed to play Project M. Oh well maybe next time and hopefully we won't get random lag spikes.

Edit:

I'm fairly annoyed you SDed because of what I'm assuming is lag those last two games. I was really curious to see how my Marth would fair otherwise. But we never got a proper game in that matchup.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGS deadjames. If you want advice let me know. Your Luigi is pretty good.

I don't know what was causing those random lag spikes, at this time this usually doesn't happen to me.

Edit:

Then again my net is pretty unreliable so it was probably all on my end.
I'm not really all that interested in improving at Brawl to be honest, the only thing I'd really like to get better at it Pika's QA lock, however my advice to you would be not to use tornado so much against Luigi, believe it or not his usmash beats it and I would've been able to hit you out of it every time I wasn't in the air if not for lag.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
His upsmash will only beat nado from the top. If I swerve it properly it can't beat it reliably.

Speaking of lag I wanted to also tell you those grounded Luigi fireballs are not that safe. You were only getting away with using them so liberally and constantly because of lag (not really possible to power shield consistently in lag).

That's why I pretty much had to rely on going in the air a lot (much more than I would like normally) to beat them out.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
But yeah, next time we should definitely play Project M. Just don't expect much, I never play the game but I'll try.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
GGs Gohan! (Totally disregards my Sonic SDs :( ) I got some questions.

How do you do that Long Jump with your side-special while using Sonic? I saw you doing it a lot, and I did it like once in one of our dittos but I had no idea how I did it. I remember I was able to do it a long time ago.. like 2009-2010 or something. Your Sonic is really good, I tried to mimic yours while we were fighting, but sometimes it didn't go to well xD. I found myself swinging randomly sometimes. But I felt like the Sonic from Sonic: Lost World. ;)! I was going pretty slow.

Also, how do you cancel your side-special with your shield? I tried to use my shield during the spin-dash but it released my spin-dash. I don't know if it was just the lag, but just to be safe, I'm going to ask anyways.

That Kirby.... I hate basically 90% of the short characters on this game, all my attacks go right over their head :( The back-airs... the throws.. the yellow...

Thanks for the practice with Sonic and GGs!

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
His upsmash will only beat nado from the top. If I swerve it properly it can't beat it reliably.

Speaking of lag I wanted to also tell you those grounded Luigi fireballs are not that safe. You were only getting away with using them so liberally and constantly because of lag (not really possible to power shield consistently in lag).
Actually it will beat it if any part of his head hits it because his head has invincibility and his head can hit it from the side, and I have a pretty good sense of when I should and shouldn't use fireballs even if a move is unsafe that doesn't mean I'll get punished for using it.
Still wanna play? My FC is 2882-1132-6789!
Yeah getting on now.

Edit: I'd rather not play FFAs, but if we can get four people I'd be down to play doubles.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could use Sonic lol. He's like the only character I can't use at all. Something about him just won't click with me.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Actually it will beat it if any part of his head hits it because his head has invincibility and his head can hit it from the side, and I have a pretty good sense of when I should and shouldn't use fireballs even if a move is unsafe that doesn't mean I'll get punished for using it.

Yeah getting on now.

You were using it at ranges where I could easily for instance fair/bair (Wario,Marth,DK, Ike), banana (Diddy), or Nado (MK) as I did many times. I mean you were using them like 3-5 times in a row at CLOSE range lol. That's definitely not safe even online. So I don't know about always knowing when to use them. I'm just explaining how I was getting in most of the time. Not saying you should never use his fireballs but a lot of the ones you threw allowed me to get in easily.

And I see I didn't know that. But I should explain what I meant. I can bait out the upsmash early by slightly delaying the tornado, swerving back and then coming in. That's what I mean. So it's still not that reliable of a counter.

j-slo-3

Smash Cadet
Gg as always alexo your Marth is pretty good. It seemed a little laggier than usual wouldn't you say?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
How do you do that Long Jump with your side-special while using Sonic?
What controller are you using. For a gamecube controller you have to Jump (short hop or full hop) and right after press down-b. right after that press the c-stick in the opposite direction you're facing. after that you can do basically anything out of it except another down-b.

Also, how do you cancel your side-special with your shield?
Keep holding Side-B when you press shield, if you let go it wont work. You can also cancel Down-B with the shield after it is used aerially. Its really hard to do in lag, but basically just press shield right before you hit the ground.

They take some precise timing, but I've seen many more ATs in Brawl that take frame perfect timing, with this you at least have a 8 frame window or something.

That Kirby.... I hate basically 90% of the short characters on this game, all my attacks go right over their head
Im trying to learn how to crouch with Kirby basically everytime I'm not air borne. Ive been able to walk-slide with crouch but I cant really do it on wi-fi. Plus the only working controller I have will sometimes dash when you walk... so its really hard. I feel if Kirby's could master that, combine with the slight crouch cancelling in Brawl, Kirby would move up a couple of spots on the tier list just because he's so hard to hit, and can act right out of jabs at low%. I've shared it with MikeKirby, I want to see if he actually does stuff with it.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
I wish I could use Sonic lol. He's like the only character I can't use at all. Something about him just won't click with me.
I feel you bro... I feel you... I just feel like I'm so sloppy and reckless with Sonic sometimes.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
What controller are you using. For a gamecube controller you have to Jump (short hop or full hop) and right after press down-b. right after that press the c-stick in the opposite direction you're facing. after that you can do basically anything out of it except another down-b.

Keep holding Side-B when you press shield, if you let go it wont work. You can also cancel Down-B with the shield after it is used aerially. Its really hard to do in lag, but basically just press shield right before you hit the ground.

They take some precise timing, but I've seen many more ATs in Brawl that take frame perfect timing, with this you at least have a 8 frame window or something.

I use the Classic Controller ;(

Top Bottom