• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Ace:

LOL! GG's Opana! Hilarious brawls and a amazing Ganon you got there! I thought you were going to three-stock me with Ganon the first match XDDDD. And those Kirby suicides, I was laughing the whole time LOL! Let's brawl again sometime!

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
xD ty! Your mario was fantastic at pulling off combos, I have a hard time comboing with mario but you do it so fluidly. My biggest problem is I keep killing my self lol, and the kirby matches were funny xD. And when I did that thunder slide off the stage with lucas I didn't mean to edge hog you, total fluke xD. Was pretty awesome though.

And I never knew I could be edge guarded like that from ike! Was very frustrating lol.

And I can't forget your awesome bowser, idr who I was but you destroyed me lol.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Can anyone do a wifi test with me?

I'm at work and doing a program and need someone asap

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's DeadJames! You have a nice arsenal of characters there. That Bowser and that Pit are very scary. Not to mention those chain-throws with Peach lol.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs, Metalbro, if I can offer you some advice on your characters, for Marth in general it's not a good idea to over-commit with dancing blade, the first hit is mainly mean to set up fr combos, with Falcon you seemed like you were trying to play him like Ganon because Falcon generally doesn't want to use Raptor Boost or Falcon Kick offensively, for Luigi you didn't seem to be wavedashing much and he's a character I wouldn't recommend unless you're very proficient at wavedashing because that is his best tool for mobilization, and for Mario down-b is best saved for recovery because unlike Luigi's Mario's doesn't have much utility as an offensive tool.

Edit: Thanks maybe I should play Pit more often, I didn't think I was very good with him, but I seem to be getting a lot of compliments on him recently. Oh and speaking of Peach's chaingrab, Marth, Mario and Luigi all have chaingrabs as well Marth can chain fthrow on most characters at low percents and uthrow against fastfallers, likewise the Mario Bros can chain dthrow on most characters and uthrow on fast-faller, oh and while fsmash is a good kill option for Mario, dthrow/uthrow the fair is better.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs, Metalbro, if I can offer you some advice on your characters, for Marth in general it's not a good idea to over-commit with dancing blade, the first hit is mainly mean to set up fr combos, with Falcon you seemed like you were trying to play him like Ganon because Falcon generally doesn't want to use Raptor Boost or Falcon Kick, for Luigi you didn't seem to be wavedashing much and he's a character I wouldn't recommend unless you're very proficient at wavedashing because that is his best tool for mobilization, and for Mario down-b is best saved for recovery because unlike Luigi's Mario's doesn't have much utility as an offensive tool.

Edit: Thanks maybe I should play Pit more often, I didn't think I was very good with him, but I seem to be getting a lot of compliments on him recently.
Yeah I know I was using some really bad moves but it's a habit, and some of it did work on you. I love Marth's Dancing blade it's good for spacing. For Falcon, I need to stop Raptor Boosting but I feel that Falcon Kick is so much better in this game. It's a great finisher and most people don't see it coming. Still I used it too much and I noticed that you were catching on to it. I only used Luigi that one match because I wanted to use someone other than Falcon. Don't worry I'm not good with him anyway. Mario on the other hand is one of my fav characters and I only used his Down B because you were playing as Luigi and I know shield grabbing Mario's Down B as Luigi will be tough. But thanks for the advice, I'll cut down on the unnecessary moves more.

Edit: I know about the Chainthrows with Marth and the Mario Bros but I suck at doing them lol and I wont even attempt Mario's Kobe finisher. It's too much

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yeah I know I was using some really bad moves but it's a habit, and some of it did work on you. I love Marth's Dancing blade it's good for spacing. For Falcon, I need to stop Raptor Boosting but I feel that Falcon Kick is so much better in this game. It's a great finisher and most people don't see it coming. Still I used it too much and I noticed that you were catching on to it. I only used Luigi that one match because I wanted to use someone other than Falcon. Don't worry I'm not good with him anyway. Mario on the other hand is one of my fav characters and I only used his Down B because you were playing as Luigi and I know shield grabbing Mario's Down B as Luigi will be tough. But thanks for the advice, I'll cut down on the unnecessary moves more.
Yeah dancing blade is good, but the whole combo isn't, you can rarely even connect more than two hits unless your opponent is at low percents, but the first hit combos into fsmash, so it's great for kill setups and yeah those moves with Falcon caught me off-guard because I play against another Falcon a lot and he never uses either of them, but you should give Ganon a shot because the way you play Falcon makes me think you'd be a good Ganon player. Also shield-grabbing Mario's down-b is indeed difficult, but pretty much anything can hit him out of it because it has very little priority unlike Luigi's which clanks with a lot of stuff, I like Mario a lot too though he's pretty god-like in P:M.

Edti: I'm a former Doc main in Melee so landing the fair is pretty much second nature to me, I could see how it would be hard to get the hang of though especially since you need to read your opponents DI from the throw.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Yeah dancing blade is good, but the whole combo isn't, you can rarely even connect more than two hits unless your opponent is at low percents, but the first hit combos into fsmash, so it's great for kill setups and yeah those moves with Falcon caught me off-guard because I play against another Falcon a lot and he never uses either of them, but you should give Ganon a shot because the way you play Falcon makes me think you'd be a good Ganon player. Also shield-grabbing Mario's down-b is indeed difficult, but pretty much anything can hit him out of it because it has very little priority unlike Luigi's which clanks with a lot of stuff, I like Mario a lot too though he's pretty god-like in P:M.
Yeah I noticed the first hit of Dancing Blade can be followed up with a Grab but I didn't know it could also lead to a F-Smash. I'll try to see how Ganon is but from what I remember in Melee he has like no momentum in the air and his jumps are mediocre. Btw is the Falcon player you play with Alexo?

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yeah I noticed the first hit of Dancing Blade can be followed up with a Grab but I didn't know it could also lead to a F-Smash. I'll try to see how Ganon is but from what I remember in Melee he has like no momentum in the air and his jumps are mediocre. Btw is the Falcon player you play with Alexo?
Ganon in P:M is a lot different than Melee Ganon, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, and yeah it is Alexo.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Ganon in P:M is a lot different than Melee Ganon, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, and yeah it is Alexo.
I knew it lol, Alexo likes to SHFFL Dair's a lot. He needs to use Falcon Kick more xP

and yeah I'll check Ganon out, if he's not my cup of tea then Falcon it is.

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
ill play if yah still here

Cool, I'll be hosting in like 5

EDIT

ill play if yah still here

Wow dude, those were great matches. That last one was so intense, I still feel the adrenaline lol. Great connection too, minus a couple lag spikes. GG's again, brawl me again soon k?

I have class in an hour, anyone want to pass the time with me? I see you lurking, Bros...

Codyyy

Smash Apprentice
Cool, I'll be hosting in like 5
GG's. its got kinda lame with your yoshi just sitting their forcing me to approach, but i guess you gotta do what you gotta do. nice diddy as well, when you had that banana pressure going.

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
GG's. its got kinda lame with your yoshi just sitting their forcing me to approach, but i guess you gotta do what you gotta do. nice diddy as well, when you had that banana pressure going.

Yeah, that's Yoshi for ya.

I'll brawl ya Entro, I think I have you added? Not sure

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
I think I have you added. Ill check after I get things set up.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I'll play some P:M if you're still looking, Alexo, otherwise I'll play some Brawl with you Kester.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
GG's dude! Great Lucario. I guess I ddint have you added? Couldve sworn we've played before. Rejoin the match, my housemate wants to play you
GGs Snailtopus! Yeah we played before but I deleted you by accident.

And GGs to your housemate too

Edit: anyone want to brawl?

Edit2:nevermind

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Crap my bad, went to Twitch. That's what happens when I leave Smashboards, crap.

P:M anyone?

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I don't think he's on anymore, but I'll play you.
GGs! Those were fun! ^^
That last match, though. xP Rainbow Cruise? I can't even consider that a stage, lol. xD That match was so lulzy~

Edit: Anyone else want to brawl? :3

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs! Those were fun! ^^
That last match, though. xP Rainbow Cruise? I can't even consider that a stage, lol. xD That match was so lulzy~
Haha yeah, well it just came up on random, and I actually practice on it regularly because it's legal at most tourneys in my region. I hate the ruleset freaking Rainbow Cruise, Castle Siege, and Delfino are legal, yet Frigate and Halberd are banned those are infinitely better imo.

Top Bottom