• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Bueno. Brawl or P:M? I feel like I'd have a ball playing either.
Brawl I guess since I haven't done anything in PM and I can't seem to make it back on the stage even with a floaty. Having some bad weather here so will see how the connection works out.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Brawl I guess since I haven't done anything in PM and I can't seem to make it back on the stage even with a floaty. Having some bad weather here so will see how the connection works out.
Alrighty, hosting nao!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Great games, Jinx and DM. We were playing for a loooong ass time. Had fun as usual, thanks a bunch for playing wiff meh. Hope you had a happy Sun-day.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Great games, Jinx and DM. We were playing for a loooong *** time. Had fun as usual, thanks a bunch for playing wiff meh. Hope you had a happy Sun-day.
Yep. GGS and fun as always SL! Did I really win one or did you let me? lol
You and DM had quite the spar going!

Cyro

Airborne
Hey! Sorry, had to leave for now. Got called for something. Anyways, interesting games! Good gun work with Wolf; I never thought of Wolf playing with the lasers similar to Falco for flinching, so that was something new. Now I hope Wolf is confirmed since you've become so good with him lol. It'd be a shame for players like you to have to get te cut. Also, sorry about Temple, I hit random and I have it set to that for when I played Basic Brawl.
I KNEW I RECOGNIZED YOUR PLAY-STYLE! Hah. I Basic Brawled a lot aswell. You might have played me, but I used many different characters; there's no real way to tell who I was.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Stop bringing garbage, and useless posts here. Last chance if someone wants to brawl before I go to sleep.
I just woke up. want to? but fox? yuck. If you can imagine, I get my share of upsets at home from fox...but if that's what ya want.

Edit: Guess I missed you. I think I seriously shut down last night right before you posted. Place was dead again. Maybe later then.

Last edited:

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
@ Jinx129 Jinx129 Do you know Rob (MegaRobMan)? I noticed that youre in Omaha and just wanted to ask. I meant to message you about this earlier but I had to leave for the weekend and i couldnt see your location on my mobile browser (what I use normally)

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
@ Jinx129 Jinx129 Do you know Rob (MegaRobMan)? I noticed that youre in Omaha and just wanted to ask. I meant to message you about this earlier but I had to leave for the weekend and i couldnt see your location on my mobile browser (what I use normally)
How was Disneyland?

I only know he is involved in the local scene, so no, not personally.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
How was Disneyland?

I only know he is involved in the local scene, so no, not personally.
It was fine mickey mouse snuck up from behind me though thats always exiting

Ahh ok its because when I stayed in nebraska I got to go to one of his tournaments. I only got to go once because it was a 2 hour drive from where I was staying but still it was nice meeting the nebraska scene :)

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I just woke up. want to? but fox? yuck. If you can imagine, I get my share of upsets at home from fox...but if that's what ya want.

Edit: Guess I missed you. I think I seriously shut down last night right before you posted. Place was dead again. Maybe later then.
I'm not using Link anymore, my goal was for people to notice and upload videos (so people can see not just my opponent), but that's not working out, so, I'm not using Link anymore.

My goal wont work (and when I do stuff that I need to remember or improve more, the opponents wont save it or make up an excuse, like losing to a Link lime mine means your bad smh).

So, I'm going to use anyone now. No more Link I'm done, no appreciation nor people viewing that Link isn't that bad really. Anyways I'm done. Going to work now, see you all in a little bit , maybe?

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I'm not using Link anymore, my goal was for people to notice and upload videos (so people can see not just my opponent), but that's not working out, so, I'm not using Link anymore.

My goal wont work (and when I do stuff that I need to remember or improve more, the opponents wont save it or make up an excuse, like losing to a Link lime mine means your bad smh).

So, I'm going to use anyone now. No more Link I'm done, no appreciation nor people viewing that Link isn't that bad really. Anyways I'm done. Going to work now, see you all in a little bit , maybe?
If that's how you feel, I guess it's up to you, but you shouldn't give up on Link if you really enjoy playing him. No one else is going to bother looking for latent potential in him the way you do. From what I've seen, you just tend to really underrate yourself and overrate everyone else. You're good, and even if you can't land some techs 100%, you're still a solid player overall. No one else has a style quite like yours.

Like I said last time though, you may want to try PM Link. He has a nearly lagless grapple, incredible punishing game, and lot of other assets, and even though he's already high tier several top players feel his current metagame doesn't show anything close to what he's fully capable of. If you feel like you're just beating a dead horse with Brawl Link, then you would have a great opportunity in his new iteration.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
If that's how you feel, I guess it's up to you, but you shouldn't give up on Link if you really enjoy playing him. No one else is going to bother looking for latent potential in him the way you do. From what I've seen, you just tend to really underrate yourself and overrate everyone else. You're good, and even if you can't land some techs 100%, you're still a solid player overall. No one else has a style quite like yours.

Like I said last time though, you may want to try PM Link. He has a nearly lagless grapple, incredible punishing game, and lot of other assets, and even though he's already high tier several top players feel his current metagame doesn't show anything close to what he's fully capable of. If you feel like you're just beating a dead horse with Brawl Link, then you would have a great opportunity in his new iteration.
What if I even do, man, what's the point? Even if I do change Link in PM (which I know I could do, more bairs, Zair, and Bomb tricks is how Link will become feared).

My problem is people are too ignorant, they truly feel they could do what I could do easily, first off, in their dreams, second of, they better practice their butts off if they dare make him like I did.

It's like they have this Fairy Tail motto that goes like this, (if COH can do this I can do this as well, sigh).

And here's the kicker to the nuts, if I do have myself composed and just doing everything right, my flow, my reaction, wth moments, Di, Wall techs, super un real fancy stuff, and finally real combos that can't be escaped. And guess what?

They don't get uploaded or heck not even saved in their SD card, or Wii. First off, that's disrespect to me and my main, second off it shows "I just don't care" so I don't either.

My goal was to make Link viable, I accomplished that, but to actually get it uploaded and seen by many, that did not happen. So, I'm done.

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
I'ma host a room. Anyone who wants can join. :)

Edit: it's a tough connection. Don't know what happened there..?

Last edited:

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
We have room for 1 more if you want to join.

Aannnndd....DAS just left.
Sorry about that. I wasn't planning on playing too long. I need to get ready for work in the morning.

GGs though I did enjoy playing you guys. Should of brought out my Peach during that 2 way Peach match with Puff.

GGs Jinx for the 1v1 we had I'm glad I got to versus you finally.

Edit: Goodnight everyone.

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Sorry about that. I wasn't planning on playing too long. I need to get ready for work in the morning.

GGs though I did enjoy playing you guys. Should of brought out my Peach during that 2 way Peach match with Puff.

GGs Jinx for the 1v1 we had I'm glad I got to versus you finally.

Edit: Goodnight everyone.
GGS back at ya! Thanks for playing! Goodnight.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
GGs Jinx I also have to leave early first day of college tomorrow and GGs to your friend too
Yes. GGs. Have a good first day of college!

Edit: LOLOLOL @Nintendo Fan that last one was classic chase me around temple! LOVED IT! GGs. Always fun! Think I'm calling it a night. Thanks for playing! But.....why your Zelda gotta be soooo mean!

Last edited:

Karaoke Man

Smash Apprentice
Who wants to brawl? Might as well just enjoy my work and face the fact he wont be taken seriously by the world of smashers,meh.
CoH, there is a few you things that you need in order to accomplish your goals and value of success. One of which you are forgetting or may not realize;

• Courage to chase it
  • Willpower to make it happen
  • Belief that you can do it
  • Resolve to never give up on what's important to you (Passions, ambitions, goals, dreams etc.)
You guessed it; You're overlooking the resolve. Look at the things you've done in this thread, people in here almost worship your Link. Not just because it's Link, but because of what you've shown people what this character is able to do that defies the mainstream perception of him. You have, and still are showing people ways around those limitations that majority of Smash players are refusing to look for because they all believe everything is just set in stone as is, and that is just simply not true.

Believe me when I say that it's okay to let yourself make mistakes, as it is how you learn from them that makes a difference. Perfectionism may help the drive the get things correct, but you have to understand that you are not supposed to be "perfect", but it's never supposed to be; you just have to keep doing the best you can, but don't put too much pressure on yourself. Especially considering it's on wifi.

People won't take him seriously, because they only judge based on what they see, but that doesn't mean that you can't get them to see. You once believed and admired Zudenka (and still might believe) Zudenka to be the pinnacle of Yoshi. He's retired now, but it's not simply because of the work he put into Yoshi, It's because he never gave up on his main that translated his very own definition of success. It's what's lifts people to believe in their own limits even more and to keep striving for excellence, but in shorter terms, we just call this inspiration. I'm not totally where I'd want to be with Yoshi (lack of suffient practice), but I became a top Yoshi, because I learned from my errors and never gave up and neither should you.

The choice is your's, but you're already uplifting people's belief in the character. Continue being the inspiration for Link that you've aspired to be and....already are.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
CoH, there is a few you things that you need in order to accomplish your goals and value of success. One of which you are forgetting or may not realize;

• Courage to chase it
  • Willpower to make it happen
  • Belief that you can do it
  • Resolve to never give up on what's important to you (Passions, ambitions, goals, dreams etc.)
You guessed it; You're overlooking the resolve. Look at the things you've done in this thread, people in here almost worship your Link. Not just because it's Link, but because of what you've shown people what this character is able to do that defies the mainstream perception of him. You have, and still are showing people ways around those limitations that majority of Smash players are refusing to look for because they all believe everything is just set in stone as is, and that is just simply not true.

Believe me when I say that it's okay to let yourself make mistakes, as it is how you learn from them that makes a difference. Perfectionism may help the drive the get things correct, but you have to understand that you are not supposed to be "perfect", but it's never supposed to be; you just have to keep doing the best you can, but don't put too much pressure on yourself. Especially considering it's on wifi.

People won't take him seriously, because they only judge based on what they see, but that doesn't mean that you can't get them to see. You once believed and admired Zudenka (and still might believe) Zudenka to be the pinnacle of Yoshi. He's retired now, but it's not simply because of the work he put into Yoshi, It's because he never gave up on his main that translated his very own definition of success. It's what's lifts people to believe in their own limits even more and to keep striving for excellence, but in shorter terms, we just call this inspiration. I'm not totally where I'd want to be with Yoshi (lack of suffient practice), but I became a top Yoshi, because I learned from my errors and never gave up and neither should you.

The choice is your's, but you're already uplifting people's belief in the character. Continue being the inspiration for Link that you've aspired to be and....already are.
Thanks man, I greatly appreciate and admire those words, but I just needed those matches to be uploaded already. I've beaten Falcos (very good Falcos), MK (Very good MKs), Snakes (really good ones), Marth (same like the rest).

I know I've reached a new pinnacle with Link. I've experimented and learned it all (just like Yoshi), but here's what happened same as in Aib, man. Nothing was seen, everything was rumors, until this day, I get responses from people like Ryuga typing I lost to this guy and that guy, and I'm (what can I do, I have no proof, and people know my war with the community, so they will no doubt believe it whether it's true or false).

I'm in that same stage man (the same like Aib, I thought working on a below viable character and me doing what I did with Yoshi, experiment my butt off).

I can't type to you how many days, months, and hours I've busted my butt with Link. I fell and worked around it, and I'm doing this stuff that literally makes players not know what to even type. At times they will just type ggs because they can't be salty, they lost to a Link that is something else. It's bs man, people just want to be selfish and make themselves good. Well here's something that even in my past I always did (I respected unique talent and talent in general, I never got salty for losing to a player (but the connection) to that talent level, I was happy because I could improve even more).

There is a reason why my Yoshi was never seen by no one). It doesn't matter if I type all this stuff I did to all these pretty much WiFi Gods (as they think that with using a High Tier smh), it's no use or proof without evidence which involves videos. I upload videos at times to show they look and listen I did this to them, and I get no likes, comments or even a good job at times, too salty.

But it's the past now, however; the past is transforming or rising from the dead once more. I'll continue I guess, not really going to change anything, but Fox is amazing I'm liking him a lot these past few days. I did some crazy stuff against this Aib Ganon, I'll upload later.

Oh, and before I go, the reason why I can't upload all the replay matches everyone I brawl against is because the codes wont work, ever since I installed Wiimfii, my codes wont work, so I can only save matches that are under three minutes. I uninstalled everything and installed everything, no avail.

Even fate wants me to be quiet and not revival all this stuff with a character as Link (pretty crazy how he can become something with hard work, dedication, and mostly EXPERIMENTING).

Last edited:
Top Bottom