• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Uhhh, GGs rage. Sorry, lag was getting annoying.

To be honest, I couldn't tell if you were trolling or not the first few matches. But you really need to consider doing things other than just smashes and tilts repeatedly. That and you have a terrible obbsession with rolling into me.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Uhhh, GGs rage. Sorry, lag was getting annoying.

To be honest, I couldn't tell if you were trolling or not the first few matches. But you really need to consider doing things other than just smashes and tilts repeatedly. That and you have a terrible obbsession with rolling into me.
Nah I wasn't trolling I only brawl to had fun and skill too OK I'm apologize to not give up a better challenge the lag was definitely definitely annoyingggg! ! as for the roll sigh I know I know all the brawler here told me the same thing it just a stupid habit of my this only happen I think when I get nervous or desperate I tried hard to remain calm in the game that goes for the tilt and smashes too I think anyway GG @ CourageHound CourageHound you have a nice Dee Dee :dedede: there which gimme a lot of trouble I hope you had fun at least and let play again before this end .

Oh I forgot since I used variety of characters in the game what are you thought about my :wolf: and :gw: and :falcon: also any more tips that you can give?

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Nah I wasn't trolling I only brawl to had fun and skill too OK I'm apologize to not give up a better challenge the lag was definitely definitely annoyingggg! ! as for the roll sigh I know I know all the brawler here told me the same thing it just a stupid habit of my this only happen I think when I get nervous or desperate I tried hard to remain calm in the game that goes for the tilt and smashes too I think anyway GG @ CourageHound CourageHound you have a nice Dee Dee :dedede: there which gimme a lot of trouble I hope you had fun at least and let play again before this end .

Oh I forgot since I used variety of characters in the game what are you thought about my :wolf: and :gw: and :falcon: also any more tips that you can give?
Sure thing. First and foremost you don't want to be predictable. Doing the same thing over and over will get you punished. Also, I didn't see you going for grab much. Instead of rolling into your opponent, you can use different options such as walking up and shielding or an airdodge cross up. Just don't do the same thing every time. Also spamming smashes doesn't really work offline, and you can barely get away with it on wifi. It's a very bad habit.

As for actual character tips...ummm i'm not the best at that kinda thing cause I barely use your characters. I'd sat go to each of their character boards in the Brawl section and look up their guides. It's really important to know what your character can and can't do.

Also, if you want to watch videos of pros with their character on YouTube:

Wolf: SeagullJoe, Kain
GaW: Vinne, Gardex
Falcon: Ally

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
Anyone up for a few games? I'm on a training binge.

Edit: @ DAS DAS , I'll play.

Last edited:

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
Tell me did you at least like any of them lol?
I like to play around as Sonic and Squirtle from time to time, but I haven't played with them enough competitively to use them consistently.

Edit: So for now it's just Ike and Marth or just Marth /(hopefully Chrom) by the time Smash 4 comes around.

Last edited:

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
GGs AirJay. Woo, you got a lot better real fast. Nice movement.
Thanks all i have been using lately is yoshi so all of my secondaries are really rusty mostly falco your lucario is really good always wanted to learn him but when i use him his moves just feel weird to me also your pretty much good with anyone you pick thats why its always fun to play you i get to learn different mu's to bad i didnt see your yoshi but oh well GG's those were really fun matches

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Thanks all i have been using lately is yoshi so all of my secondaries are really rusty mostly falco your lucario is really good always wanted to learn him but when i use him his moves just feel weird to me t it was awkward aalso your pretty much good with anyone you pick thats why its always fun to play you i get to learn different mu's to bad i didnt see your yoshi but oh well GG's those were really fun matches
Yea I love Luccario ssooooo much. I do admit it was awkward at first, but his moves just flow to me now. If I could go back in time, I would've spent all my time learning Yoshi, Lucario, and DDD exclusively.

And yea, I terrified of the Yoshi ditto, T-T I always loose, and it's somewhat frustrating when I'm fighting other Yoshis and DDDs. There are really only a few dittos I like.

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
Yea I love Luccario ssooooo much. I do admit it was awkward at first, but his moves just flow to me now. If I could go back in time, I would've spent all my time learning Yoshi, Lucario, and DDD exclusively.

And yea, I terrified of the Yoshi ditto, T-T I always loose, and it's somewhat frustrating when I'm fighting other Yoshis and DDDs. There are really only a few dittos I like.
I hate yoshi dittos to actually i hate all ditto matches lol and i have no clue what to do in the yoshi vs DDD mu all i try to do is camp and apply pressure to him and hope to kill him early :/

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm ready now. ^^
GG's. That lag was pretty bad towards the end. It messed up my Diddy too. I kept throwing my bananas off the stage when I tried to glide toss them. It messed up my glide tosses too. Its not like that would've changed anything with those games though. I don't know that match up at all. I was looking up stuff in between matches lol. I finally got you when I looked up the gun spamming thing haha. I don't know :4diddy:-ly squat about some of those match ups. Peach and Marth give me the hardest times. I always play against the ones I struggle with. My Kirby and Toonlink are frauds hahaha. I don't know anything about playing them I just like them. Same with Zelda. Actually I'd say a lot of my characters are frauds lol. I need to stop SD'ing so I can win some matches.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I hate yoshi dittos to actually i hate all ditto matches lol and i have no clue what to do in the yoshi vs DDD mu all i try to do is camp and apply pressure to him and hope to kill him early :/
You like....can't kill him early. It's dumb. But yea you were doing it right for the most part. Set up your tent and boil some eggs.

The only dittos I like are Marth, Fox, and MK. Those are fun.

Matsushi

True Blood
GG's. That lag was pretty bad towards the end. It messed up my Diddy too. I kept throwing my bananas off the stage when I tried to glide toss them. It messed up my glide tosses too. Its not like that would've changed anything with those games though. I don't know that match up at all. I was looking up stuff in between matches lol. I finally got you when I looked up the gun spamming thing haha. I don't know :4diddy:-ly squat about some of those match ups. I always play against the ones I struggle with. My Kirby and Toonlink are frauds hahaha. I don't know anything about playing them I just like them. Same with Zelda. Actually I'd say a lot of my characters are frauds lol. I need to stop SD'ing so I can win some matches.
Yeah, sorry 'bout dat lag, I noticed that it messed up both our inputs. Strange, because our connection was almost perfect at first. Ah, I know nothing about the Toon Link matchup. It's good though, since you played the characters in which I struggle with the most so I learnt a whole lot from our matches. Yeah, projectiles really throw me off my game. Now you know my weakness, hehe. I don't think I've ever seen your Zelda before, so that was something new to me. Pretty sure they're not frauds, lol. Your Toon Link was great, hehe. Naw, we both SD'd quite a bit, because there were slight lag spikes.
Once again, good games! I really enjoy playing against you.

Last edited:

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
You like....can't kill him early. It's dumb. But yea you were doing it right for the most part. Set up your tent and boil some eggs.

The only dittos I like are Marth, Fox, and MK. Those are fun.
MK DITTOS are way more fun to play than watch lol but we should play again some time i want to play your falco with my yoshi i have a had time with that mu to ill cya around though courage :)

Top Bottom