• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Ill brawl you.:3 add me and ill add you x3
GG's. That Yoshi is a handful. I don't know how to counter your stuff sometimes. I don't know what it is. I always get egg'd then grabbed. I was struggling to find a way out of it. Each time you grabbed a banana you dash attacked and I didn't know how to counter that either. I need to work on stuff like that. Ah well. The connection was kinda getting wonky too.

Last edited:

Star2575

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2724-0493-9618
Does anyone want to play?
Ok im too tired to play now - w -; gg!that was fun!x3 lets brawl some other time.>:3 take care~
Thanks everyone for playing with me so tired now T w T will be playing all this week since its the final days. ; w ;
GG's. That Yoshi is a handful. I don't know how to counter your stuff sometimes. I don't know what it is. I always get egg'd then grabbed. I was struggling to find a way out of it. Each time you grabbed a banana you dash attacked and I didn't know how to counter that either. I need to work on stuff like that. Ah well. The connection was kinda getting wonky too.
oh those bannanas are so tricky - 3 - i feel like i could of grabed them sometimes but i missed T ^ T Yeah it was dam wifi but its the final days so enjoy it T w T.

Last edited:

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
@ L Link2thelost90
GGs! Time flew! Thank you for those matches, they were awesome :D

I couldn't stop laughing at the squirtle bubbles, that was great haha!

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hey, 100 new pages since I left! But 10 days left. Let's go out with a bang! Anyone wanna brawl?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'll play. Its been a while. If anyone else wants to join I'm down for rotations too.
Great, I've already set up a room, so come on in. And yeah, if anyone else wants to play I'm down for teams, items, whatever, just wanna celebrate Brawl!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Great, I've already set up a room, so come on in. And yeah, if anyone else wants to play I'm down for teams, items, whatever, just wanna celebrate Brawl!
GG's. Your Luigi changed the way I play lol. I started to pick it up a bit after that match lol. Battlefield + Diddy isn't very good for me lol. Your Sonic was tough to beat. You were all over the place!

Oh yeah and Jiggs too. Dang. You got me pretty good on that one. I guess its revenge from the last Jiggs vs Falco where we basically tied except I got a star KO lol.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
GG's. Your Luigi changed the way I play lol. I started to pick it up a bit after that match lol. Battlefield + Diddy isn't very good for me lol. Your Sonic was tough to beat. You were all over the place!

Oh yeah and Jiggs too. Dang. You got me pretty good on that one. I guess its revenge from the last Jiggs vs Falco where we basically tied except I got a star KO lol.
Aha, thanks, yeah you're Diddy is pretty top notch though. Kept tryn' ta get outta that Falco chain grab but couldn't handle it. Jumping, shielding, DI towards ya, nothin. Aw well! Maybe next time I'll get ya.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Great Games @ Zatchiel Zatchiel . We haven't played in a bit. I'm sorta rusty cuz of all the P:M i've been playing(to my regret...) Brawl feels so much more satisfying and methodical. We had sum hype matches. Kinda laughed out loud a few times haha.

Though I feel like I make too many mistakes while you rarely make any lol. Sometimes I felt like I couldn't do anything. Tips for this rusted dino?

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Fun games Courage. For some reason, Falco's jab doesn't irritate me as much anymore. Your Yoshi gave me crazy trouble in the Lucario MU for such a rather disadvantageous matchup. Still superb characters, had some good fun. :applejack:

Give me a bit for tips. Playing right now.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Fun games Courage. For some reason, Falco's jab doesn't irritate me as much anymore. Your Yoshi gave me crazy trouble in the Lucario MU for such a rather disadvantageous matchup. Still superb characters, had some good fun. :applejack:

Give me a bit for tips. Playing right now.
@_@ that's cuz ike's jab is friggen ridiculous. I mean, you can punish Falco's jab in between if I mess up

Oh, and I'm not really intemidated by the Lucario MU. It's hard, yes, but I'm not afrais of it.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
@_@ that's cuz ike's jab is friggen ridiculous. I mean, you can punish Falco's jab in between if I mess up
I do believe that Falco has the better jab. His jab 1 is faster than and outranges Ike's jab 1. And that's IF you mess up. If I mess up on Ike's jabs, he can get interrupted by Falco's too. It goes about hand in hand. Also, I can't do anything if I SDI up on the jab 1 even a little bit in front of Falco. Falco can interrupt Ike's jab cancels with n-air, jabs, OoS grab (especially if I go into jab 2, since Ike's leg is entirely grabbable), and to some extent, reflector or d-air if you SDI appropriately for either. :applejack:

Anywho, onto Yoshi tips (condensing this for the first time):

-Try not to be so predictable with how you use Egg Lay. I could usually see it coming while you were landing and just wait it out so that I could punish after it was out. If you're worried about your landings being punished so often, you have the option of stalling with a single b-reversed Egg Toss. If the situation permits, you can then go for b-reversed/turnaround Egg Lay to either stop a punish or make your recovery from the air far less predictable. Just mix it up more.

-Try to bait airdodges more when you go for aerial chases to kill with u-air. It's really easy to follow most characters with Yoshi's air speed, but you can rest assured next to nobody will get hit by u-air if you go for it directly out of sending them up near the upper blast zone. If they're at kill percents, they aren't likely to take any chances challenging it unless they can afford to be offensive (have a good d-air or something else to counteract Yoshi's u-air attempt, as Ike's d-air does quite nicely sometimes).

-Your recovery. I can't remember where, but I recall some Yoshi saying that it's always best to toss an egg before you go for recovering. I strongly doubt this, and honestly think it just makes matters worse for you if you're below stage level after throwing the egg. It's better to mix things up between recovering high and low. If I powershield the egg, you're in a bad position because all I have to do is foresee how you'll choose to recover. I can spike you if you don't airdodge the jump, or I can smash you/use an aerial to punish if you do. If you recover high, you have a greater chance of living if you play your cards right with b-reversals/wavebounces and Egg Toss stalls. At least, in my opinion. Going for the same old Egg Toss -> double jump -> offensive or defensive option to get onstage gets really easy to intercept. :applejack:

-Always retreat your b-airs if you see them hitting my shield. Ike's b-air is frame 6. If you land behind me, and you're not close enough for turnaround jab, I can just whip that out and possibly take a stock, or at least gain the pressure advantage. If you retreat it right, Ike can do nary a thing to punish it. And I'm sure this is true for some other characters too, that don't have great OoS options when the opponent is in the air in front of them.

-Know better times to go for Egg Toss edge camping. If I see it coming, I can hit you by going under the egg with dash attack, unless I can time an f-air to just whack you out of the toss just in time. Thinking about it, edge release (as in press away, not fast fall) -> reverse Egg Toss -> DJ b-air onto the stage doesn't sound like a bad move, ESPECIALLY if your opponent is expecting an Egg Toss ledge camp. Ike can't punish with dash attack or f-air onstage because you're below stage level after the Egg Toss, ideally. If they shield the b-air, you can either normal Egg lay or b-reverse Egg Lay to counter a punish attempt and land. Just food for thought, though. It's best to have as many ledge mixups as possible. Using any one method of ledge recovery too often makes you a sucker for punishment while you're on the ledge. Not to say that you did, but you didn't change it up as much as I saw from your Falco.

Not sure if the condensed version of advice is all that much better. Might use it more often, though. :applejack:

Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I'll shall put this in my tips file to reflect on. Thanks~

Any last tips for D3? I feel somewhat guilty for not using him as much recently, cuz I love the character. However I seemed to have forgotten some of his options.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll shall put this in my tips file to reflect on. Thanks~

Any last tips for D3? I feel somewhat guilty for not using him as much recently cuz I love the character. However I seemed to have forgotten some of his options.
No prob.

Not sure if I have a lot to say about D3, since I don't know too much about him as a character. He isn't one of my worst to play with, but I think I play him at a much, much lower competency than someone who uses him with more... regularity or commitment. :applejack:

-His b-air RAR is outrageous if you space it right. Combined with f-tilt and grabs to punish landings, DDD is a force to be reckoned with. Use more b-air spacing in general, though, and try to punish most often with shieldgrabs or b-air if they land behind you.

-Stick to pivot grabbing to punish rolls towards you, rather than trying to punish spotdodges, at least against Ike. You're pretty much just running into me and leaving yourself exposed for the sake of an attempt at baiting a sidestep reaction and getting a pivot grab. Spy the difference between a reaction and a habit. I didn't always sidestep to avoid your grabs. Sometimes I used a roll, or even went aerial if I had the time.

-As I mentioned above, f-tilt. F-tilt f-tilt f-tilt. It is great. It can smack Ike out of Aether, punish from quite a distance (ideal for punishing his f-air OoS if he is too far to punish with grab), and set up aerial chases/reads or enable you to punish his landing.

-DDD can also hit Ike out of Aether with d-tilt, b-air, Waddle Dee Toss, f-smash (****ing jeebus), d-smash (if he goes low), Super Dedede Jump (the spike hitbox/absolutely useless to attempt against a good Ike, in my opinion), and Inhale can cause some weird stage collision thing that can potentially gimp Ike. I also think DDD's jab 3 (the hammer twirl rapid jab) can hit Ike out as well, but this is easily dealt with via SDI.

-Try to switch up between using d-tilt and grab to interrupt punishment attempts. D-tilt is kinda laggy if it misses, and grab is just as fast (or almost as fast, not sure), with just as much range (or more, not sure). The difference is that grab can counteract shields. If they dodge, you can get your shield out faster after grabbing than after using d-tilt. From there, you can either dodge or grab again. :applejack:

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Ok Cap'n let's play
What? Thats it? We've only been playing for 3-4 hours :p I'm going to need some tips if I'm ever going to beat you... The only matches that are memorable to me are the ones I spiked you and the ones that were really close... All of the others don't matter to me because I got balled on lol. I need to stop trying to go for the spike all the time though. Oh well. I'll get you next time. hopefully..... GG's pal.

I would've quit a long time ago if I wasn't so determined to win at least once.

Last edited:

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
What? Thats it? We've only been playing for 3-4 hours :p I'm going to need some tips if I'm ever going to beat you... The only matches that are memorable to me are the ones I spiked you and the ones that were really close... All of the others don't matter to me because I got balled on lol. I need to stop trying to go for the spike all the time though. Oh well. I'll get you next time. hopefully..... GG's pal.

I would've quit a long time ago if I wasn't so determined to win at least once.
GGs man. Unfortunately a guy like me needs a break eventually lol. This the best our connection ever been though. I don't know what you did, but after you came back on from that disconnection it just start running quite a bit smoother.

Those matches were pretty fast pace too, and so many item catches lol.

I did get real nervous that ZSS vs Diddy match. I was thinking he looks like he's going to get me. I'll fight until I can't fight anymore!!

Tips I think you should sometimes utilt with Diddy when my percentage is very high. Good way to get that easy kill off the top. Its better at times than trying to smash attack me.

Stop some of the spot dodging as well, and you noticed already about the spike lol. I think I'm only getting you mostly due to quicker reaction time, and looking at how you move.

Vs Peach at least play somewhat more defensive and use more fair if I'm floating anyway. Be careful with those recoveries too its good to try from a high angle and not low so much.

Overall just make better choices than me. You can always pick up MK or Snake, and get good with them hehe.

Really fun games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom