• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
No the connection wasn't the problem. My controller broke on that last match. The X button stopped working and that's my main jump button. I have no Gamecube controllers left. :(

GG's though. You bodied me pretty hard. There was nothing I could do at all in those later matches.
Dang dude, I'm sorry T-T I've used the same controller since the GC came out, I couldn't imagine how I'd feel if that broke. RIP :(

Back for more brawl, any takers?~~

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Dang dude, I'm sorry T-T I've used the same controller since the GC came out, I couldn't imagine how I'd feel if that broke. RIP :(
You have no Idea how angry I am right now.... 2 months left for wifi and I won't be able to play because my controller eats the grass. Don't be sorry tho, it's these crappy third party controllers I keep buying for 10 bucks. They don't sell them anymore ;_;

I'll try to get a GC controller somehow... even if I have to "borrow" my dad's credit card to get that white GC controller SB has on it's online store...

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
You have no Idea how angry I am right now.... 2 months left for wifi and I won't be able to play because my controller eats the grass. Don't be sorry tho, it's these crappy third party controllers I keep buying for 10 bucks. They don't sell them anymore ;_;

I'll try to get a GC controller somehow... even if I have to "borrow" my dad's credit card to get that white GC controller SB has on it's online store...
Those controllers for under $30 is actually a really good deal. It's impossible to find them for decent prices these days x_x

Brawl anyone? (Saying again cuz new page)

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games, Bacon. The lag in those last few games had me playing extremely slow compared to how I was playing before, and it's aggravating, so I'm gonna discontinue here. I think my sister is streaming music or something. Work on your ledge recovery. Ledge rolling is usually best used below 100%, and even then, it's best not to do it so often, as with any form of ledge recovery, because it gets incredibly predictable. Your b-air spacing is still impeccable, but make better use of f-tilt, and try jabbing afterward if a spaced f-tilt gets shielded. Also, try conserving your second jump more when you're recovering. It works WONDERS for making it back less predictably, especially with characters that have crappy recoveries. It also gives you a much better chance of living if you get hit out of your up B and sent at an angle that would've otherwise resulted in you getting gimped or edgehogged. Take your time when your offstage, and watch your opponent before you do anything more than momentum cancel. You can either recover over or below ledge level, but just be inconsistent with how you recover/ledge recover, and you'll get punished a lot less often during either.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
@ LoveandBacon LoveandBacon GGs! Still got an impressive Wolf! ^__^
Too bad we were lagging though ;~;
Gotta get going now since I got school again tomorrow...

BTW I loved juggling you with Yo-Yos like 5 times that last match. XD

Last edited:

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
@ Zatchiel Zatchiel GGs, thanks again for the advice. Your reactions are too much for me haha

@ yoshi8984 yoshi8984 GGs Timmy~ Sorry you had to see my bad unfocused side again during that, I tend to sorta give up when heavy lag comes in >.< That yoyo thing, I was so unfocused that I couldn't even try getting out of it xD Maybe it's from playing for almost 3 hours straight?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Good games man. I age I go eat dinner. How funny that we would both pick wario. Just don't dsmasg so much and shield my move more. Gfs
The Dsmashes were attempts at Dacusing and Dairing. I wouldn't Dsmash so often if it were offline.lol. GG's though.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Pretty bored of using everyone, so I'm done for tonight. Good games Cap. Couldn't kill with Ivy trying to adapt to the ever-changing button delay. Lag spikes were moderate, but better than how it got last time. Don't dodge so much in general, and switch up your ledge recovery options more. Ledgehopping stuff pretty much guarantees a spike for Ike if he catches on.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Hopefully. I'll host in a bit.
Dang... those were some good matches. I'm learning Brawl stuff from you. I started using more aerials, short-hop dodges, and whatever else the heck you were doing lol. :grin: I definitely learned a lot by playing against you. I always try to be campy because I have no clue what to do. I'm sure the 3 matches I won were because of the lag though. Hahaha. Man. I've really got to learn all my characters though. And all the match-ups. Dude your Ike though... with the jabs... geez the jab to grab combos man. I always played Brawl like it was Melee. Now I'm starting to play Brawl like its Brawl. Thanks a lot. GG's its 1:09 where I am... I'm going to bed.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll play if you're still there, Matsu.

Otherwise, anyone else up to play?

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
I got it.

GG's dude. I wish I could've proven my Falco a little more after taking that falcon punch though.lol

Anyone else want to play?
Had to do somenthing else, thats why i left. Otherwise your Falco is very quick! Didn't expect you to get hit by that FALCON PAWNCH! though... :D

Hope to play with you agian!

UPDATE: Or else... Want to go another round? ;)

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
@ Zatchiel Zatchiel
Good games!! You win the award of the most SCARIEST player I've ever faced. O___o I mean, wow. Not only did I get Ganon PUNCHED, but I got FALCON PUNCHED.
I always enjoy playing against you. ^___^

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Had to do somenthing else, thats why i left. Otherwise your Falco is very quick! Didn't expect you to get hit by that FALCON PAWNCH! though... :D

Hope to play with you agian!

UPDATE: Or else... Want to go another round? ;)
ok

Top Bottom