• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hiya! Would anyone like to Brawl? I'm down for whatever, 1v1 4stock no items, randoms only, or even more that 1v1 and party chaos. Eh. Just wanna Brawl.

White Light

Smash Journeyman
Hiya! Would anyone like to Brawl? I'm down for whatever, 1v1 4stock no items, randoms only, or even more that 1v1 and party chaos. Eh. Just wanna Brawl.
Id be down sonsa! I'll host. We should do random only. Sorry about that taunt from last time; I forgot to change it, it was just for ripping on some friends. Is your name a reference to Sansa stark? Haha

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Id be down sonsa! I'll host. We should do random only. Sorry about that taunt from last time; I forgot to change it, it was just for ripping on some friends. Is your name a reference to Sansa stark? Haha
Ah, alright, I'll be there soon! Random only - okay, sounds fun! Aw, thats alright, that word just makes me feel...I dunno...bad? But I understand how guys tease each other haha. Oh? I'm not sure what that is, actually! My name, Sonsa, actually means sun in russian so some people lovingly call me that and I like it! Well son, but with like an accent means sun. So Sonsa is probably a cutesy name meaning sunlight I suppose.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Huh...I've tried joining 3 times only to get an error message. Maybe I'll try hosting?

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
Good games Courage, many of those games agitated me. Falco has the best jab by leagues. I hate having to go Ike to stand any sort of chance against the higher tier characters most of the time, honestly. Pretty much every character I enjoy playing gets shut down by them so easily that it makes playing the MU online almost pointless against someone who knows what they're doing, considering everything I do just gives the opponent a powershield due to how wifi likes to mis-time my punishes just enough to not let me time my attacks within the accuracy of two ****ing frames to punish landings as easily as they should be punished. So I have to be extremely finicky with attempting to punish at all, which is a gradual suicide for PT because my pokemon just get fatigued. It makes me want to stop playing this game altogether. It's not even just against you. I've been trying to deal with this for months, but at this point I'm getting the impression that there's nothing I can really do to negate it. Or even keep it from happening so often.
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Picking a high tier character gives you more favorable matchups agianst the cast, which is quite useful agianst high tiers like Snake, Olimar, Marth and of course Meta Knight.
I'm not telling you to go Meta Knight all the time, i am just saying that having a high tier up your sleeve can be useful at times.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ugh the lag. How dd it not affect your playing? It slowed down every time you charged a smash... Leading me to believe I had more time to punish
Ggs anyway
It did, lag was brutal. I guess I just made good guesses and expected what ya wanted to do. I just figured you'd do something like... "Ugh, lag! Let's try Kirby's Up-B, it'll protect me and make a projectile" and I woulda done the same, but yknow, bleh. Hopefully Smash4 is wayyy better. And with Namco's games usually having great netcodes, I'm glad they're helping. Gives me hope! Ggs, though

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Picking a high tier character gives you more favorable matchups agianst the cast, which is quite useful agianst high tiers like Snake, Olimar, Marth and of course Meta Knight.
I'm not telling you to go Meta Knight all the time, i am just saying that having a high tier up your sleeve can be useful at times.
Falco is easy to brawl against. As long as you avoid the Chain Grab (good luck :) and trade quite well well with Falco's attacks and God awful Laser camp, then the match isn't that bad. The worst match-up Online would have to be Sonic or Diddy Kong or Olimar.

Edit: Anyone want to brawl my Link?

Last edited:

person13nebur

Smash Rookie
NNID
Personaffex
Falco is easy to brawl against. As long as you avoid the Chain Grab (good luck :) and trade quite well well with Falco's attacks and God awful Laser camp, then the match isn't that bad. The worst match-up Online would have to be Sonic or Diddy Kong or Olimar.

GYK!! Get out of Basic and let's plaaaaaaay! :D

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r

Sonic isn't exactly "hard" to brawl agianst, just very ****ing annoying because of his "hit and run" tactic.

YOU'RE TO SLOW!! :sonic:

I can add you later but right now i don't have time for it. Or else you can add me, if you want to. :)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I can play all of the higher tiers (save for Wario) just fine. It's just that I personally find absolutely zero satisfaction or enjoyment in playing/winning with them. They bore me. I get my entertainment through the challenges presented by playing lower tiers, but I'm more-so indignant about just trying to tackle match-ups like that online, because punishing with so few "reliable" options on wifi. against the higher tiers is already difficult enough in itself.

The worst match-up Online would have to be Sonic
You must either have poor Sonic experience or play against him with bad characters if you even consider him particularly threatening online. He struggles to get kills against characters that don't have crappy recoveries or aren't just floaty, his approach is easy to counteract due to being limited to mediocre options (that even become subpar and foreseeable against someone that knows Sonic well), and his grab is rather abysmal.

If that's among one of YOUR worst match-ups online, you can infer my opinion of that. But he does not become Diddy/Olimar comparable just because of wifi. That's a hell of a stretch.

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
I can play all of the higher tiers (save for Wario) just fine. It's just that I personally find absolutely zero satisfaction or enjoyment in playing/winning with them. They bore me. I get my entertainment through the challenges presented by playing lower tiers, but I'm more-so indignant about just trying to tackle match-ups like that online, because punishing with so few "reliable" options on wifi. against the higher tiers is already difficult enough in itself.
You do make some good points. I can't stand fighting agianst, or play as "Metagame-breaking Knight" because he clearly has a big advantage over all the characters in the game. I myself use Sheik and Captain Falcon alot since they both are damn fun to play and win with. Even if it's sometimes a little challenging(especially Falcon) to win with them, i still enjoy playing with them. Though i still find characters like Marth and ZSS fun to play with.

Anyway, want to brawl? I barely got to play with you last time. :cheep:

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
Did you plan on adding me back? Lol. It still says awaiting registration, unless I put the code in wrong.

Well nevermind, I have to leave. Thank you anyway, maybe we can play later. ^^
Looks like i didn't recieve any request... I'll try to add you so we can play later ;)

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games, those were fun matches although there was some lag,
Some lol moments there
Good games! Most of our matches were so INTENSE! Except from that Falco ditto, we won't talk about that. I'd say I panicked at least 90% of the time during our matches though. o__O
And that's one sweet ZSS you've there! So flashy! ^.^

I look forward to play against you again! Hopefully there won't be any lag next time. ^___^

EDIT: I still have a few matches left in me if anyone wants to brawl! ^___^

Last edited:

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
Good games! Most of our matches were so INTENSE! Except from that Falco ditto, we won't talk about that. I'd say I panicked at least 90% of the time during our matches though. o__O
And that's one sweet ZSS you've there! So flashy! ^.^

I look forward to play against you again! Hopefully there won't be any lag next time. ^___^

EDIT: I still have a few matches left in me if anyone wants to brawl! ^___^
Shall we brawl? :)

Matsushi

True Blood
Hmmm, you don't show up...
I'll try to add you.
Good games! Damn, you're really good, I particularly like your ZSS! ^__^ I had fun swapping mains, and our dittos made me laugh so hard! Especially the Snake one, SO MANY EXPLOSIONS.

I really really enjoyed it though! I would have loved to play longer, but I was starting to get a bit dizzy. ^^;;;;

Last edited:

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
@ Matsushi Matsushi Amazing Marth play! I have only met a few who are as good as you!
But how did you do a down-smash after a glide toss?

I hope to play with you some more in the future!

Matsushi

True Blood
@ Matsushi Matsushi Amazing Marth play! I have only met a few who are as good as you!
But how did you do a down-smash after a glide toss?

I hope to play with you some more in the future!
Thank you very much! ^____^
Oh, I just did the ordinary glide toss inputs, but just pushed the C-Stick down afterwards. ^___^

Me too! Keep up the good work. ^___^

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
You
Thank you very much! ^____^
Oh, I just did the ordinary glide toss inputs, but just pushed the C-Stick down afterwards. ^___^

Me too! Keep up the good work. ^___^
You too! ;)
If you didn't notice, i started to panic when spamming side-b as ZSS. She can be a pain to play as if it lags >:C

Matsushi

True Blood
You too! ;)
If you didn't notice, i started to panic when spamming side-b as ZSS. She can be a pain to play as if it lags >:C

Yeah, she is one of my secondaries, but I try to avoid using her on Wi-fi because I end up panicking at high percents. ^^;;;; You handled the lag well with her though!

I couldn't stop laughing at our Jigglypuff and Toon Link match though omg. :D

Last edited:

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
Fun games! First time I've ever played against you in a Wolf ditto. Just out of curiosity, which character of mine gave you the most trouble? I know Bowser and Kirby are my best characters, but I was pretty surprised with my PT's and DK's performances.
I had the most trouble against your PT for sure, you did well covering my options, and I don't know the MU like at all haha

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Looks like i didn't recieve any request... I'll try to add you so really we can play later ;)
Are you available now? Both people need to add each other before they can play, you don't get requests unless you're in a party with someone you don't have added, who joined through someone else. If that makes sense. If you ever double with people you don't have added, you'll see what I mean. xD But yeah, both ends normally need to register the other's code, I only get it now after seeing you've played Matsu [also, sup Matsu :D], you couldn't see her until you put her code in. :p

Top Bottom