• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the late reply, Courage. Good games though. xD

That Pikachu is actually pretty tricky with the Thunderjolt follow ups and grabs. Bowser is dumb, grab releases hurt so darn much. D: I was trying so hard for the Up-B with Luigi, never got it... But I have to say, it's pretty obvious that highlight of our matches was the DDDcide (crazy release, by the way, dat mashing?), then special fall to our deaths. Too bad DDD is so heavy. T_T

Edit: Or if we want to get technical, DDD's falling speed.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Sorry for the late reply, Courage. Good games though. xD

That Pikachu is actually pretty tricky with the Thunderjolt follow ups and grabs. Bowser is dumb, grab releases hurt so darn much. D: I was trying so hard for the Up-B with Luigi, never got it... But I have to say, it's pretty obvious that highlight of our matches was the DDDcide (crazy release, by the way, dat mashing?), then special fall to our deaths. Too bad DDD is so heavy. T_T

Edit: Or if we want to get technical, DDD's falling speed.
Lolol actually it wasn't mashing, idk if you saw it or not but i dropped a thunder right as you inhaled and it broke me out. From there i missed the ledge with QA and we both free-fell to the abyss xD

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Lolol actually it wasn't mashing, idk if you saw it or not but i dropped a thunder right as you inhaled and it broke me out. From there i missed the ledge with QA and we both free-fell to the abyss xD
Daaang, that makes so much sense. ;P After I realized what just happened, I was like, "that was a crazy fast release".

I don't suppose you'd be up for a couple of more rounds? I can stick around a bit longer this time (hopefully). ;P

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Daaang, that makes so much sense. ;P After I realized what just happened, I was like, "that was a crazy fast release".

I don't suppose you'd be up for a couple of more rounds? I can stick around a bit longer this time (hopefully). ;P
Sorry, can't right now, got sum stuff to do. Wont take long

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
GGs Hyper, but you know, it would be very cool to play on something other than Final Destination. :p It kinda zaps the fun when people wanna limit things to one stage. But still, good games.

Anyone else wanna brawl?

HYP3R

Smash Lord
GGs Hyper, but you know, it would be very cool to play on something other than Final Destination. :p It kinda zaps the fun when people wanna limit things to one stage. But still, good games.

Anyone else wanna brawl?
There is no fun playing a 1v1 on pictochat. Plus you use spammy characters anyway I just got sick of it.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
There is no fun playing a 1v1 on pictochat. Plus you use spammy characters anyway I just got sick of it.
WHAT??? I PICKED OLIMAR, TOON LINK, SHEIK, SAMUS, AND NESS. WHO'S SPAMMY? OLIMAR? But I wasn't even spamming. But then you picked Meta Knight and Kirby.

Man, everybody's just hating on Metroid these days. ;P
For real, man. I swear, idk what I bring out in people, but like I'm not enjoying versing people with bad sportsmanship lol

Honestly, I think "spam" to people, means beating them. Maybe spamming just means getting beaten by someone. So they get mad and say you spam to make themselves feel better.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
WHAT??? I PICKED OLIMAR, TOON LINK, SHEIK, SAMUS, AND NESS. WHO'S SPAMMY? OLIMAR? But I wasn't even spamming. But then you picked Meta Knight and Kirby.

For real, man. I swear, idk what I bring out in people, but like I'm not enjoying versing people with bad sportsmanship lol
Brush off dem haters. Keep Smashin'.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
So you say using pk thunder over and over while i'm in the air is good sportsmanship? Okay, i'll be sure to take notes.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261

Honestly, I think "spam" to people, means beating them. Maybe spamming just means getting beaten by someone. So they get mad and say you spam to make themselves feel better.
Nah bro just chill. As Alexo said, just brush off them haters and keep smashin. I find pictochat hilarious imo

So you say using pk thunder over and over while i'm in the air is good sportsmanship? Okay, i'll be sure to take notes.
Use your dodge button

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Bowser is so awesome :D

I actually am slow/have trouble with alternating jab, grab, release, or regrab followups since my finger has to move from button to button. #wii-chuck problems

Bowser/Yoshi Bombs ftw
When I picked Ness against your Bowser, the moment I hit Final Destination, I realized how terrible a mistake I made. Regrabs all across the stage if you get it. ;P

Curious, what's your controller configuration? Mine's tap jump off, and D-pad set to smashes besides F-smash, because I need that to grab. Attempting toWavedash on Project was a nightmare though, because I had to hit jump, shield and slide the control stick down all with one hand. ;P

Edit: Yo... saying PK Thunder chasing is spamming is like saying I'm spamming U-airs by juggling you in the air with MK, wut.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Nah bro just chill. As Alexo said, just brush off them haters and keep smashin. I find pictochat hilarious imo

Use your dodge button
Still spamming and not very "fun"

I honestly don't see why you're all defending him, its like your telling me to go kirbycide people and say i'm pro and it's all for fun.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Still spamming and not very "fun"
What do you want him to do? Let you back down? Say i jump up and repeatedly up-air juggle you. Its not spamming, its me keeping advantage and keeping you in the air. You gotta figure out your character's options at beating what your opponent is doing. I'm pretty sure kirby's back air beats out pk thunder.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
What do you want him to do? Let you back down? Say i jump up and repeatedly up-air juggle you. Its not spamming, its me keeping advantage and keeping you in the air.
I'll outplay you by kirbyciding then by your logic.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
If your opponent was bold enough to go near the edge when they know kirby can kirbycide, and you do it, then yes you outplayed them. Your point?
You said this game was for fun a few posts ago, I'm pretty sure getting cheap kills isn't fun in anyone's book.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Hey man as I told Metroid, just brush it off. Keep Smashin'. Keep your eyes on the prize(whatever that may be).
Fine then, i'll keep my complaints to myself for now and stop interfering with the thread. I was just irritated that i'm trying so hard to improve and he can press the b button over and over and get more wins than me. It's not fun, it's not outplaying, it's unfair.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
You said this game was for fun a few posts ago, I'm pretty sure getting cheap kills isn't fun in anyone's book.
1. Theres a difference between cheap kills and abusing something dumb that kill MUs. Kirbyciding is far from a cheap kill of you land it. I'd say you earn if it were able to catch your opponent with it

2. Sounds to me you just dont like loosing. In response, no loosing isnt fun. That is unless you take your losses in stride and attempt to learn from your mistakes. Once you accomplish that, you can better focus on improving your gameplay and performance with your character. That to me is fun.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Metalbro was last seen: Viewing thread The Nu Smashboards Arena: Redeux, A moment ago

*cough* I see you lurking, son.

On topic, does anyone want doubles? ;P

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Metalbro was last seen: Viewing thread The Nu Smashboards Arena: Redeux, A moment ago

*cough* I see you lurking, son.

On topic, does anyone want doubles? ;P
I'll do dubs! In a few minutes...maybe a tiny bit longer

Oh and to answer your question, I have tap jump off and d pad set to smashes except down, which i use to grab.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Fine then, i'll keep my complaints to myself for now and stop interfering with the thread. I was just irritated that i'm trying so hard to improve and he can press the b button over and over and get more wins than me. It's not fun, it's not outplaying, it's unfair.
I feel ya man. Its just a matter of knowing that you are better than your opponent in your own mind. That's what really matters. Having the will and confidence to win. Go into every match thinking that you're going to win, trusting in your own skills.

Whew, not sure if that made sense lol.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Mmm, sounds good! That leaves room for one more, I think. Want to derp around/1v1 until Courage comes around and we can go from there?
If there's still room, I'd love to join. I mean, if you guys would have me. I don't think many people can stand me these days, it seems lmao :p

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
if con is here i just wanna let u know those were some great games!! hope we can play again. ur good with ganondorf but too bad his recovery sucks

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
Alright I'm back, ready? :bluejump:
GGs Sir~

Man, you're pretty good with all those characters haha. Fighting that Mario was like pulling teeth at some points QQ

You're all around skill is probly better than mine regardless of the results of those matches. I'm lucky if my secondary (Fox) is half as good as my Wolf xD

And some of the reads from both of us... Good stuff :p

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
if con is here i just wanna let u know those were some great games!! hope we can play again. ur good with ganondorf but too bad his recovery sucks
Yes while Ganon's recovery may be known as "suckish" to most, i simply believe its just "misunderstood". lol.

Yeah those were some great games. For a second there during the matches i thought you were getting angry.
Well, until our paths cross again...

Top Bottom